The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #13 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I change the subject and ask if anyone knows all the witnesses for the defense yet? I heard two friends of TA, and two former girlfriends, cell mate of Jodi, Psychologist, polygrapher, domestics violence expert (which should be an insult to every right thinking human being!) and of course, the murderer herself. Any others? Any thoughts to what TA's friends have to offer? IMO, all they could say is he was a ladies man.
Hopefully, the prosecutor will have his best days with the t witnesses!

It's so sad how much guilt the young lady must feel over TA's death. TA wasn't Jodi's only victim. Its clear that so many people loved and admired Travis. No human is perfect. He made mistakes. He yielded to his temptation of the flesh. He wanted to help anyone and everyone and I'm sure that in his mind he thought he could help Jodi. It's been a very long 4 years for his family and friends. I pray they can find closure when this trial is over. I pray the jury doesn't let them down.

Did the Dt call Lisa as a witness? I am sure they did. Probably to say she broke up with him because he continued seeing Jodi. Then the PT can allow her to say Jodi was the crazy stalker and she was afraid to be involved.

Can I change the subject and ask if anyone knows all the witnesses for the defense yet? I heard two friends of TA, and two former girlfriends, cell mate of Jodi, Psychologist, polygrapher, domestics violence expert (which should be an insult to every right thinking human being!) and of course, the murderer herself. Any others? Any thoughts to what TA's friends have to offer? IMO, all they could say is he was a ladies man.
Hopefully, the prosecutor will have his best days with the t witnesses!

I think Lisa was one of those being called and I cannot imagine WHY the defense would call her! It will not be good for Jodi!

IMO, the bolded is very sexist.

So in theory, if I were a young woman with a healthy libido and were dating a young man with an equally healthy libido, any sexual contact we would have would be because men are not accountable for their sex drive?

And the "sexual woman" is the one responsible for forcing the poor man to have sex?

IMO that is poppycock. Even though the are many cultures that embrace that same philosophy.

Women who are raped gets stoned to death because they obviously incited lust in their rapist. :(

That is not what I said. It's not sexist, it's a matter of fact in our society. Normal men have an option. A normal biological response to a naked woman who is rubbing up against them, or "adjusting" them if you will, most men will not resist unless they are strong enough to control those urges. Many men can control their urges because they know the consequences of taking the bait. But the sexual urge is normal and a significant part of procreation. It's not sexist, it's normal. No one said he was forced to have sex, just that it would be a natural response for a normal male if the female is willing. Has nothing to do with rape which is sex used as a weapon to hurt someone. That would be going way off topic and is not the issue here. jmo

Did the Dt call Lisa as a witness? I am sure they did. Probably to say she broke up with him because he continued seeing Jodi. Then the PT can allow her to say Jodi was the crazy stalker and she was afraid to be involved.

Jinx! Owe you a Coke!

Man, I hope the PT pounces on that, but I hope Juan takes it easy on Lisa. She has been through enough, poor girl. :(

It has been referenced in a post a long time age, but to me it so clearly identifies what some of us are saying.

I object to all of the comments that TA was seduced by JA and he could not control himself.

That is the basis of the burqa. Women must cover themselves so they are not able to seduce men with their womanly lures. I see no difference in the remarks made here that TA could not control himself.

It is the issues that he has for whatever reason that worked for awhile for him to have a relationship with JA.

That is not what I said. It's not sexist, it's a matter of fact in our society. Normal men have an option. A normal biological response to a naked woman who is rubbing up against them, or "adjusting" them if you will, most men will not resist unless they are strong enough to control those urges. Many men can control their urges because they know the consequences of taking the bait. But the sexual urge is normal and a significant part of procreation. It's not sexist, it's normal. No one said he was forced to have sex, just that it would be a natural response for a normal male if the female is willing. Has nothing to do with rape which is sex used as a weapon to hurt someone. That would be going way off topic and is not the issue here. jmo

Lamb Chop,
I agree with you.

I guess I don't see sex as one partner taking the bait.

I see it as two equally consenting partners.

But honestly, that has just been my experience and I feel lucky for that.

Jinx! Owe you a Coke!

Man, I hope the PT pounces on that, but I hope Juan takes it easy on Lisa. She has been through enough, poor girl. :(

LOL.....yeah, I think Martinez would be very respectful, depending on the way she comes across. Fact is though, he must speak for TA.

I am hoping the DT can rest by Wednesday and we get a verdict in five minutes of GUILTY. MOO.

Defense witness list revealed in [JA] case

According to Nancy Grace ... Arias is on the defense list. ... Also on the list:

• [MM], a former boyfriend who lives in California.
  • Two friends and two former girlfriends of [TA]. The defense claims Alexander was seeing those girlfriends at the same time he was dating Arias.
  • [RS], a valley psychologist and expert on sexual violence cases.
  • [KR], Arias' former cell mate. Nancy Grace tweeted that [KR] has a long rap sheet.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ense-witness-list-revealed-in-jodi-arias-case

@Lambchop:

IIRC, several of the photos of them taken on trips were after they ended their "dating" relationship.

And per Travis' friends they continued traveling together after the breakup which concerned them.

And Travis was sending text messages asking for naughty pics and telling her how pretty she was just ONE MONTH before that nutjob killed him.

I really don't think he believed she would go any further than tire slashing. :(

I did not hear that and have not seen any text messages so it will be interesting to see what defense introduces as evidence.

I don't think he initally thought she was capable of killing him either until late in their relationship when he confided in his friends. I think, too, because of what he did for a living he thought he could slowly ease out of their relationship without upsetting her or hurting her. I think the threat of suicide slowed his progress of making a complete break. jmo

From what I've seen and read the DT wants to call Lisa to show how 'persistent' TA was. She said in her blog that she tried to break it off with Travis but TA made it very hard. I'm sure the DT will try to say that TA was so abusive that it was difficult for any woman to break away from him. I hope that Lisa doesnt have to take the stand. BUT... if she does, I hope her testimony shreds Jodi!

It has been referenced in a post a long time age, but to me it so clearly identifies what some of us are saying.

I object to all of the comments that TA was seduced by JA and he could not control himself.

That is the basis of the burqa. Women must cover themselves so they are not able to seduce men with their womanly lures. I see no difference in the remarks made here that TA could not control himself.

It is the issues that he has for whatever reason that worked for awhile for him to have a relationship with JA.

I agree with this. It seems we are arguing past and around each other about Travis willingly or unwillingly having sex with Jodi. I think this conversation will become more nuanced when we hear the remainder of the evidence--especially the phonesex call.

Defense witness list revealed in [JA] case

According to Nancy Grace ... Arias is on the defense list. ... Also on the list:

• [MM], a former boyfriend who lives in California.
  • Two friends and two former girlfriends of [TA]. The defense claims Alexander was seeing those girlfriends at the same time he was dating Arias.
  • [RS], a valley psychologist and expert on sexual violence cases.
  • [KR], Arias' former cell mate. Nancy Grace tweeted that [KR] has a long rap sheet.
http://www.abc15.com/dpp/news/regio...ense-witness-list-revealed-in-jodi-arias-case

*Stocking up on popcorn* Let the sparks fly! :applause:

Geez! She just said it! And I've heard it before but i never really hit me before...

She just said she needed to move on and the only way she could was to get away.

She killed him because she thought somehow she wouldn't be obsessed any more! She thought she'd just kill the poor guy rather than have a soul and move on and make her own life!

I thought before it was sheer jealousy. But now I think jealousy is too much of a normal human emotion for Jodi. It was something darker, and way more evil.

I think you have to love someone to be jealous and I don't believe this nutso loved Travis. She was just obsessed

Sorry if y'all already knew that. :lol:

I guess in a strictly criminal sense, it doesn't matter who Travis was except that he wasn't abusive. I am very interested in all of the details and all of the tangled web because I have several young adult boys and am using this as a cautionary tale for them, and I love the psychology behind these stories. It costs me nothing to understand fully how this relationship played out, I can mourn for Travis while still tolerating the notion that he was engaging this crazy woman.

Did you see that documentary someone posted the link to the other day? the "Letter to Zachary" I think it is called ?
It's very sad but worthwhile and a very good cautionary tale for all young males to watch. That crazy witch Shirley Turner murdered her ex after he broke up with her and she went on to kill her baby.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Clue Keeper