The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #14 *ADULT CONTENT*

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Since she didn't seem to call an attorney for hours after being interrogated, I wonder if she wasted her one phone call from jail on phone sex with some unlucky guy. :waitasec:

Who has stated this was a fact? I see many others stating she snuck in, as well, with no real factual basis. Just contradictory opinions, I would assume.

And I think that the defense will claim this was all a result of a long-term abusive relationship. Objectively, over-killing is not uncommon when a person that's been abused finally snaps and kills the abuser. Is that what happened? I can't say for sure, because we still have a whole nother side to the trial.

This will be the biggest hurdle for the defense. These lies are what make me believe she is guilty at this point in time.

This is not in dispute. She admitted to killing him.

This is not in dispute. She admitted to killing him.

To go on a road trip to see her friend in Utah. I'm not sure what renting a car has to do with anything, in terms of motive or evidence it wasn't self-defense.

Probably because of the events that took place. She admitted to killing him. That's not in question. I don't know what her arriving late has to do with it being self-defense or not.

And cannot be found, along with the knife that was used. While it is a similar caliber, the gun cannot conclusively be matched to the gun used in the crime. As I've stated before, it's all about reasonable doubt that the defense is trying to build.

This is true. But lying can be explained away.

I think there are a lot of unexplained things in the sequence of events that may raise doubt within the jury. I think it will be interesting to hear about the text messages and recorded phone calls to see exactly what their interactions were like.
she is claiming self defense..

in like he attacked her and she defended herself.

There are pictures in the timeline thread that show him sitting in the shower shortly before she attacked him (he was obviously naked and sitting down... I didn't see a knife or gun in the guy's hand.)

yet she was holding weapons and a camera and fully clothed as this man sat on the floor in the shower.

As for their sex and their sexts.. they were adults. Adults have sex. May not have been right in his religion but who does not make mistakes. It should not be held against him or used as a reason to murder the man three times over.

Three times over.

And then position his body and get rid of evidence on the camera and the phone

(not to mention the premeditation):twocents::twocents::twocents:

He wasn't allowed to ask her anything about the case. All he got was her little girl voice and ugly paintings.

She has failed to gain. Her 'successes' are just as superficial and meaningless as her 'charm'.

I think she has gained quite a bit. She has one ex that she dated for 2 years that is willing to go to bat for her and even lie for her even though she admitted to killing Travis. This guy has said that Jodi would never hurt even a bug. Then we have the 4 year relationship guy that bought a house with her. Haven't heard a single bad thing about Jodi from him yet either. She managed to have this guy leave the mother of his child for her. Once she met someone that could provide even more as far as lifestlye goes she left him. Then we have the guy that was smitten with her when he met her in jail. There's a pattern here of men falling for her and doing for her. That is until the women in their lives clue them in as to the real Jodi, like Travis had help with. Ryan was smitten as well and would have surely been another one of her victims had she not been arrested. Jodi has something about her that makes men want to protect her and give her things. Thankfully those guys remained clueless until she was done with them. If they had wised up, like Travis did, then we would be seeing even more murdered men that had dumped her.

MOO

oh my!! just got home, turned on Jane Velez Mitchell and they are showing Gus clips from today! KUDOS to all of you for hitting every single nail on the head description wise!! he's exactly what y'all said & then some!

i'm extremely creeped out by his perm-a-smile! is he a wiccan?!?!?!?!?

*These are not necessarily my beliefs; just answering questions.*

There is a history of women being able to claim battered spouse syndrome and that they "just snapped", leading to the murder of their abuser. I don't think it's out of the realm of possibility for them to claim that she wanted to make sure he never hurt her or anyone again.

The defense may claim that just because he was naked doesn't mean he wasn't threatening. Just because he's sitting in a tub one moment doesn't mean he could have become enraged at something and snapped the next moment. He looked like a fairly big/muscular dude that could have easily hurt someone if he chose to. Whether or not this was in his character, I cannot say. Just what could be said to support the defense narrative.

This is where the defense will have to work some magic. There are a lot of questions that are going to be hard to answer - like the three different stories and the lies.

I'm not sure anyone has claimed it's a form of abuse. However, if the victim was so concerned about her and tried to get her out of his life so much... Why was he still sexting her and having phone sex with her? That's the part of the narrative that doesn't add up for me.

One who will buy a story about self-defense and that she wanted to do what was necessary to keep herself from getting hurt again.

And that is how you, one person, would react.

This is true, but it undermines the whole point of the trial or even discussing it. If you're going to assume one party is responsible from the beginning and nothing will change this, why even participate? I was under the impression that determining the entire truth was more the idea here.

And you are very much entitled to your opinion. :)

I do think that anyone who brings a gun and a knife on a supposed rendezvous should have stayed at home. Add to that the fact that she clearly covered her tracks, had an alibi all ready and then called the deceased hours afterwards to invite him to see, of all things, Othello. She has put it all in place and leaves us with the impression it was not self-defense.....not even close. She set the wheels in motion and could have stopped at the first injury but she didn't. The proof is in his body itself and in the pictures she left behind. She has convicted herself. The trial is just a mere formality. jmo

bbm
I think she has gained quite a bit. She has one ex that she dated for 2 years that is willing to go to bat for her and even lie for her even though she admitted to killing Travis. This guy has said that Jodi would never hurt even a bug. Then we have the 4 year relationship guy that bought a house with her. Haven't heard a single bad thing about Jodi from him yet either. She managed to have this guy leave the mother of his child for her. Once she met someone that could provide even more as far as lifestlye goes she left him. Then we have the guy that was smitten with her when he met her in jail. There's a pattern here of men falling for her and doing for her. That is until the women in their lives clue them in as to the real Jodi, like Travis had help with. Ryan was smitten as well and would have surely been another one of her victims had she not been arrested. Jodi has something about her that makes men want to protect her and give her things. Thankfully those guys remained clueless until she was done with them. If they had wised up, like Travis did, then we would be seeing even more murdered men that had dumped her.

MOO

Hi Tori'sMom, can you fill me in about these guys any further? I've only heard passing things about them (2 year guy, 4 year guy), but no details.

Jodi rented a car 90 miles away in Redding, CA to make the trip to "go see Ryan". Jodi rented a car in Yreka, CA before she was arrested for murder. Now if one was simply going to go on a roadtrip to Utah to see a new male friend then why rent a car 90 miles away? It is not because there are no car rental places in Yreka since she clearly rented one in Yreka when she was planning her getaway. The car rental in Redding points to trying to hide the fact that she rented a car, IMO. One of Jodi's problems is that she is NOT as smart as she thinks she is.

she is claiming self defense..

in like he attacked her and she defended herself.

There are pictures in the timeline thread that show him sitting in the shower shortly before she attacked him (he was obviously naked and sitting down... I didn't see a knife or gun in the guy's hand.)
This is a part of the narrative we haven't heard yet. We don't know where the knife came from. The story from the defense is that he attacked her. This isn't out of the realm of possibility. It doesn't take more than 2 seconds to stand up and start beating someone. Is that what happened? Probably not, but it's still possible. I think that either we will see the defense completely flounder because there's not a lot to back up their side of the story, or an entirely new light will be shed on the case. I think the next couple of weeks will be interesting.

yet she was holding weapons and a camera and fully clothed as this man sat on the floor in the shower.
With all due respect, I have not seen any facts that back up her taking pictures in the bathroom while having weapons on her. I have even posed questions as to how she would juggle around weapons with a camera in her hand.

As for their sex and their sexts.. they were adults. Adults have sex. May not have been right in his religion but who does not make mistakes. It should not be held against him or used as a reason to murder the man three times over.
I don't think anyone has used it as a reason for murder; yet some are twisting it into that. What others and myself have said is that if he was so threatened by her, to the point of wanting to end things, telling his friends about her, accusing her of all of these things... Why was he still encouraging that type of relationship and interacting with her, much less on a sexual basis? No one's saying that it made it okay for her to kill him. Just that it doesn't make sense in the big picture.

And then position his body and get rid of evidence on the camera and the phone

(not to mention the premeditation):twocents::twocents::twocents:
I fully believe that the next week or two will make it abundantly clear what really happened. JMO

bbm

Hi Tori'sMom, can you fill me in about these guys any further? I've only heard passing things about them (2 year guy, 4 year guy), but no details.

I don't have a lot of information about them either. The 2 year guy is listed on the defense witness list. I have seen on another site where a guy listed himself as MM, the initials of the 2 year guy, and posted about his 2 year relationship with Jodi. It could be the guy or it could be someone that was pretending to be the guy, not sure. The 4 year guy was found out by someone doing some checking here on WS. There was proof of them having bought a house together. The information about the child was also here on WS. Maybe after the trial the 4 year relationship guy will feel it is safe to speak out about Jodi, maybe not.

MOO

And why was Gus trying repeatedly to contact the State Prosecutor?

Maybe to share information? The better Q in my mind is why the prosecution wasn't interested in hearing whatever it is. Maybe CH convinced the pros not to listen to GS?

This is a part of the narrative we haven't heard yet. We don't know where the knife came from. The story from the defense is that he attacked her. This isn't out of the realm of possibility. It doesn't take more than 2 seconds to stand up and start beating someone. Is that what happened? Probably not, but it's still possible. I think that either we will see the defense completely flounder because there's not a lot to back up their side of the story, or an entirely new light will be shed on the case. I think the next couple of weeks will be interesting.

With all due respect, I have not seen any facts that back up her taking pictures in the bathroom while having weapons on her. I have even posed questions as to how she would juggle around weapons with a camera in her hand.

I don't think anyone has used it as a reason for murder; yet some are twisting it into that. What others and myself have said is that if he was so threatened by her, to the point of wanting to end things, telling his friends about her, accusing her of all of these things... Why was he still encouraging that type of relationship and interacting with her, much less on a sexual basis? No one's saying that it made it okay for her to kill him. Just that it doesn't make sense in the big picture.

I fully believe that the next week or two will make it abundantly clear what really happened. JMO
It took a few minutes from the start to the end of the attack and is documented in pictures that she took. (she admits to holding the camera too) No one else was in the room. She admits (now) to killing him after several other variations.

She had to have had the weapons with her to stab him that many times, slit his throat and shoot him in that amount of time.

And of course back to premeditation and the convenient theft of the 25 cal from her Grandparent's home.

(oh and the 25 ammo found at her mom's house after her mom was conveniently seen meeting with her right before her arrest: that is in the investigative report)

Does JA wear caps or something because in a couple photos her teeth are messed up and in others they are perfect. just wondering

if she testifies we'll have to have dear old mom add some caps to her "care package" of peroxide, Jesus cheetos and her leotard!!!

I admit I don't have much phone sex, so I'm trying to understand how it can play into a murder trial and be taken seriously in a defense.

People's sexual fantasies, if they were to speak of such private things within a phone sex conversation, would likely be wilder or rauchier than real life or what you want to happen in real life. Phone sex, sex texting, and sharing that you have wild fantasies is not the same as real life.

Please help me understand how jurors are going to view what's said in a phone sex conversation as proving anything.

I do think that anyone who brings a gun and a knife on a supposed rendezvous should have stayed at home. Add to that the fact that she clearly covered her tracks, had an alibi all ready and then called the deceased hours afterwards to invite him to see, of all things, Othello. She has put it all in place and leaves us with the impression it was not self-defense.....not even close. She set the wheels in motion and could have stopped at the first injury but she didn't. The proof is in his body itself and in the pictures she left behind. She has convicted herself. The trial is just a mere formality. jmo

Glad I am not on the jury. Of course we know JA shot and sliced TA and lied and lied and lied. But I don't see how her having a gun and knife with her necessarily points to premeditation. When I travel long distances I always carry a gun with me and I always have a pocket knife in the car.

I wonder what the jury will think. AZ is a pretty liberal gun state.

If Gus was trying to contact the DA "lots of times", what was he trying to contact them about? I wonder. And I wonder why they didn't call him back.

Do we know the back story on this?

Ugh rewatching him still sitting there smiling and smirking with his big fat gold ring and gold salesman brooch. :slap:

Maybe he left stupid messages and DA smelled a rat!

I think not, what we will see, is the PT take JA down, as it is abundantly clear that a vicious/heinous crime was committed, only thing in question is will she get LWOP or the DP.

The DT can twist/spin the facts as he deems, but I don't believe the self defense/ abuse theory, period. :moo:

http://www.booksie.com/other/book/thecharmbook/the-charm-book

This site has some interesting tid-bits on Mr Gus Searcy.

For one it confirms what I suspected after watching the Youtube video someone posted for us earlier.

He makes such a big deal about 'owning a 7-11 at the age 0f 21'... something along the lines of being the youngest owner ever.

Well, lo and behold Gus Searcy's dad also happened to pass away when Gus was 21. Wonder how much of the start up money for his 7-11 franchise came from his fathers estate.

Also, in the video, he certainly doesn't appear to me, by his surroundings in his home, to be an incredibly wealthy man. If you have time watch it.

Here is what stuck out to me the most from his book site:

The Bull

In Junior High School, I was a mild-mannered kid. I was very nice. I did not fight. Yet unfortunately, I was picked on quite a bit by bullies during those years. There was one bully in particular, Freddie Lurk. Doesn’t that even sound like a bully’s name? He had it in for me big time. In the seventh grade, he was almost twice as tall as I was and was twice as strong as I was. In my mind, he was just a monster. He was so mean. He even had his own little Goon Squad. They would terrorize everyone.
Each day after gym class, we would all go back to the locker room to shower. Every day after his shower, Freddie Lurk would walk by me and spit on me. I tried to do the right thing as we were taught to do; I told my dilemma to all of the P.E. teachers, however it did not matter. Every single day he would walk by and spit on me. It became such a routine I would not even bother getting dressed until he would walk by. This went on for quite a while.
One day I just snapped. I am not sure exactly what made this day so different from all the rest, but I decided even though I might die in the process; the abuse was going to end today. I had finally had enough. I had summoned the courage to face my fears. After my shower, I got a mouthful of water, went back to my locker, started to dress and mentally prepared for battle. – Excerpts from the Charm by Gus Searcy
http://www.thecharm.info/toce.shtml#Bully

What do you all think?

Also, we have no ones word but his (as far as I can tell) that he played the stock market at 16, or that he was successful at it.

This guy seems that he is the source of a lot of his own hype in terms of his financial veracity.

A magician at the Magic Castle seems to be his claim to fame... sleight of hand... hmmm. Oh, and his gadget in the Smithsonian.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Eliver