The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #17 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lisa has written a heartfelt and thoughtful email in essence upbraiding TA for his callousness and disrespect.
She at 19 is somewhat naïve – a good trait at that age.
TA is a persuasive executive director of a product of dubious value. Legal Shield purveys a product typical of pyramid schemes ( Searcy’s testimony notwithstanding) that seem to attract lots of Mormons. Mormons love “get rich quick schemes” based on persuasion and optimistic talk. This proclivity fits in with Mormon proselytizing strategy.
Legal Shield executives are convincing, often over bearing and will not take NO as an answer when selling an insurance product of doubtful value. Searcy a king pin of LegalShield had no access to a lawyer when attempting to plead the 5th despite he sold such opportunities vigorously.
Lisa declared to TA in the Sept 2007 email that his conduct was disappointing and dismissive of her somewhat innocent sensibilities vis a vis sex.
None of the Lisa testimony or email could lead to a conclusion that TA was abusive or a sexual pervert. And there is NO evidence that TA verbally or psychologically assaulted Lisa.
It only shows that TA was a normal horny lying white male in search of sex – which while violating Mormon doctrine of proper sexual premarital conduct – is fairly typical of male conduct in the 21st century in the USA

PPL Scam

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q5qGL_-UaLA"]Legal Shield Scam - YouTube[/ame]

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5Tf7b3PFyM"]Legal Shield Scam Part 2 - YouTube[/ame]

Hopefully having a meeting with a wardrobe consultant.

from several pages ago lol....thank you for this post!!!!

I kinda like this female defense....not sure why. Her client's testimony isn't earth shaking though...I see a huge generation gap and two ppl who weren't meshing together. frankly her testimony sounds like me discussing my last breakup....just not seeing any real abusive stuff. too bad I will miss JM's cross.

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=195462"]*graphic and adult content* Jodi Arias Trial media/ timeline thread **no discussion** - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

timeline and media thread is updated (thanks everyone for links and transcriptions)

I talked on the phone with my son's math tutor for the last 30 min of Lisa's testimony and I am sure that was a more interesting and enlightened conversation than the testimony (after reading it after the fact that is).

Ok, so even if the defense can come up with some alternate explanation for every one of the circumstances that suggest premeditation --

-- rented inconspicuous car 90 miles from home: defense could say she is not a flashy person and didn't want a flashy car. She rented from the airport 90 miles from home because she was visiting her brother who lives there

--dyed her hair after renting car: her roots were showing and she was sick of dying it blond..or whatever

--her phone was off for 20 hours while traveling to Arizona: her phone died and she didn't get a charger til after she was leaving AZ

--she borrowed gas cans and stocked up: she was going to be driving at night and didin't want to have to stop in unfamiliar territory

--she brought a gun (and maybe a knife): she was traveling 100's of miles alone and wanted to be able to protect herself; the knife was already present

--she took off her license plates to avoid detection: some prankster did that, it wasn't Jodi

--she used credit cards in CA but not in AZ: She had cash and not enough money on credit card

--she told no one that she was going to AZ: it was a last minute decision that she was ashamed of because she knew the relationship was wrong

Even if there's some explanation for each individual circumstance, these circumstances are taken as whole, and together they all look like premeditation and planning. Then when you consider her actions after the fact, she went to great lengths to conceal the fact that she was ever in Arizona -- lots of evidence of consciousness of guilt.

I just don't know how there can be any reasonable doubt about premeditation.

Lisa has written a heartfelt and thoughtful email in essence upbraiding TA for his callousness and disrespect.
She at 19 is somewhat naïve – a good trait at that age.
TA is a persuasive executive director of a product of dubious value. Legal Shield purveys a product typical of pyramid schemes ( Searcy’s testimony notwithstanding) that seem to attract lots of Mormons. Mormons love “get rich quick schemes” based on persuasion and optimistic talk. This proclivity fits in with Mormon proselytizing strategy.
Legal Shield executives are convincing, often over bearing and will not take NO as an answer when selling an insurance product of doubtful value. Searcy a king pin of LegalShield had no access to a lawyer when attempting to plead the 5th despite he sold such opportunities vigorously.
Lisa declared to TA in the Sept 2007 email that his conduct was disappointing and dismissive of her somewhat innocent sensibilities vis a vis sex.
None of the Lisa testimony or email could lead to a conclusion that TA was abusive or a sexual pervert. And there is NO evidence that TA verbally or psychologically assaulted Lisa.
It only shows that TA was a normal horny lying white male in search of sex – which while violating Mormon doctrine of proper sexual premarital conduct – is fairly typical of male conduct in the 21st century in the USA

Good post.

This may have worked if it had happened decades ago but millions of young people have these same difficulties in their relationship and people dont keep their problems private anymore. Heck they even have shows where these same things are discussed. Its not going to work in 2013 imo.

IMO

I think it's hard for most of us to even understand the relational dynamics in the Travis/Lisa relationship because we are not Mormon. There's no question that there is a completely different set of expectations among young, loyal Mormon followers. While Lisa's email may have sounded high maintenance to some of you, her expectations were probably totally in line with the Mormon teachings and practices. And remember that for the most part, all of their social activities and daily lives were with other young Mormons who held the same beliefs.

I know of only one Mormon family. We were at their daughter's wedding reception with a group of non-Mormon neighbors and someone mentioned how the bride was so young (she was in her early 20s). One of the Mormon guys nearby piped up "why in the world do you think we get married so young? we can't 'be fruitful and multiply' until we are!" He was laughing as he said it, as in making a joke but being truthful. The "getaway car" was decorated with all sorts of blush-worthy wedding night references and one guy kept insisting they had to write the "go forth and multiply" bible verse on there to keep things on the up and up.

Not sure what I'm trying to say here, other than I agree with you. I would imagine this sexual tension/walking the line between wants and religion is not abnormal. At all. (Meanwhile, us non-Mormons were cursing the fact that we hadn't thought to bring a travelling bar in our cars or flasks with us, LOL).

I was out the door for that part. What did she say about Jodi? How did she find out about him cheating? Who told her that Jodi hung all over him? tell me EVERYTHING!:great:

Well there are photos of her hanging on him and friends have said she would and that Travis didn't like it. Hmm when did Travis grab her butt? Was it before or after he met Jodi?

I taught my teen son the same, told him again when he got his first iPhone. Don't ever text anything he woukd be embarrassed if his NaNa read it.

He only made that mistake once, had to read it aloud to his grandmother.

He hasn't repeated that mistake!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

during the fca trial I even told my daughters---even if you delete---text, emails there are ways......don't do it....:seeya:

I haven't heard anything that equates to domestic abuse/violence yet. Where is it?

I hope everyone is still watching their court feed, they are having a live PrePaid Legal ring ceremony now!

108fm82.png

All I see is men -- very Mormon. (Please excuse, but that's all that's up there.... seems to me). :twocents:

Ok, so even if the defense can come up with some alternate explanation for every one of the circumstances that suggest premeditation --

-- rented inconspicuous car 90 miles from home: defense could say she is not a flashy person and didn't want a flashy car. She rented from the airport 90 miles from home because she was visiting her brother who lives there

--dyed her hair after renting car: her roots were showing and she was sick of dying it blond..or whatever

--her phone was off for 20 hours while traveling to Arizona: her phone died and she didn't get a charger til after she was leaving AZ

--she borrowed gas cans and stocked up: she was going to be driving at night and didin't want to have to stop in unfamiliar territory

--she brought a gun (and maybe a knife): she was traveling 100's of miles alone and wanted to be able to protect herself; the knife was already present

--she took off her license plates to avoid detection: some prankster did that, it wasn't Jodi

--she used credit cards in CA but not in AZ: She had cash and not enough money on credit card

--she told no one that she was going to AZ: it was a last minute decision that she was ashamed of because she knew the relationship was wrong

Even if there's some explanation for each individual circumstance, these circumstances are taken as whole, and together they all look like premeditation and planning. Then when you consider her actions after the fact, she went to great lengths to conceal the fact that she was ever in Arizona -- lots of evidence of consciousness of guilt.

I just don't know how there can be any reasonable doubt about premeditation.

one problem i see right off is she denied she'd ever even held a gun to flores, didn't she?

also, for all that extra gas she had, she claims she actually ran out of gas at one point. guess she needed MORE gas cans!!

I think it's hard for most of us to even understand the relational dynamics in the Travis/Lisa relationship because we are not Mormon. There's no question that there is a completely different set of expectations among young, loyal Mormon followers. While Lisa's email may have sounded high maintenance to some of you, her expectations were probably totally in line with the Mormon teachings and practices. And remember that for the most part, all of their social activities and daily lives were with other young Mormons who held the same beliefs.

My impression is Lisa did not want to talk to him to do this break-up b/c he would twist things and persuade her that her feelings weren't valid. So she wrote it down instead, explaining her feelings. And she ended it with "don't contact me" because she was done with him. (But he worked his way back to her. She is prime marriage material, and he needed that. It's just not cool be be a single Mormon man after 31.)

Her examples demonstrate to me a man who did not respect her values or validate her feelings. Not being validated sucks. She probably views things differently now after his death due the human nature to remember those who suffer a tragic death in a favorable light.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mjinmidwest