The State v. Jodi Arias: break in trial until 28 January 2013 #17 *ADULT CONTENT*

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hey guys...i just woke up...i spent the day yesterday at the ER so had to sleep ....so anything good happened?

hope you are okay popo! um yeah... you missed A LOT! (all the video from yesterday is in the time line and media thread)

gas cans and more butts and beligerant ppl people and more...!

It's a mad house wish I could show you a pic- unlikely I will make it today so I may come at 5am tomorrow ;)

If you see NG, make sure you tell her you love her show and her twins and she'll let you be on her show. Maybe she'll sneak you into the jail for an exclusive behind-the-scenes tour of JA's cell.

Sequence of Alexander Death
There is a span of about 2 minutes 30 seconds occurring between TA sitting in a fetal posture inside shower stall to the point of slit throat and unconsciousness.
TA obviously was larger and could easily overpower JA so the initial assault was designed to equalize or immobilize TA.
There is only ONE important wound to TA’s anterior chest. That is a single penetrating wound into upper left thorax. Angle of wound was slightly upward. The knife wound lacerated the superior vena cava. This single potentially lethal wound would NOT IMMEDIATELY immobilize TA. Indeed it would awaken him and set into motion vigorous defensive action. JA is left handed and to use the left hand to thrust forward into TA chest would have been awkward at best. The camera was in one hand or the other.
JA had both weapons concealed in pants and both were available.
To immobilize TA without evoking vigorous defensive action JA used a gun. She shot him at an angle of downward with his head turned upward and to his right. The 22 gauge bullet penetrated his right frontal bone and probably grazed his frontal lobe/? Lobes. The exit wound out of the anterior cranial fossa is NOT described clearly in autopsy report. It probably passed into planum sphenoidale or posterior left orbital roof and proceeded into TA’s infratemporal fossa and eventually lodged near his left mandibular condyle. Contrary to Horn’s testimony this gunshot wound would NOT be fatal nor would it have rendered TA unconscious. It would have stunned TA but he would have remained mobile.
JA realizing that TA was moving and dazed shot the gun yet again but this time the gun likely jammed. This why she invoked this story as part of the ninja intruder explanation. JA had no practice with handguns and probably did NOT practice with her stolen 25 caliber pistol.
THEN the gun was discarded quickly and now the knife thrusts to the anterior chest began. She scored one significant wound to the chest – non fatal. Now TA was bleeding from forehead wound and chest wounds. TA fought against the initial knife attacks to his chest with both hands and arms. JA modus operandi at this juncture was furious forward slashing at the erect mobile TA. TA managed an erect position in front of bathroom sink. JA had won the upper hand in this battle – after less than 1 minute of gun followed on by knife attack. TA likely stumbled to his right through the hallway towards the bedroom in an attempt to flee from his attacker. During the ensuing 30-45 seconds JA was thrusting vigorously against TA’s back. JA was in a state of panic because TA just would not drop dead.
As TA proceeded to bedroom he fell to a crouched position – standing on all four limbs. After the dozen plus thrusts back wounds did NOT bring about incapacitation JA then stood over him
And with her right hand JA pulled TA’s neck up and with the knife in her left hand JA executed a long deep thrust of his upper neck. The most pressure was delivered to TA right side – the knife wound severed the internal carotid artery and right internal jugular vein, the knife then severed the upper trachea but as the wound slash proceeded from JA right to left the knife wound became more shallow thus sparing TA left common carotid artery and internal jugular vein. Suffering from this kind of slash wound TA quickly lapsed into unconsciousness.
JA then proceeded to drag TA back into bathroom and then began to assess the crime scene.

JA initial planned for a quick clean kill with a gun. The 30 knife slashes were the result of JA’s initial panic that the victim was not incapacitated by a single gun shot wound.
The 22 caliber casing resting on top of a pool of blood (seen in crime scene photos) in NO way indicates the gun shot wound came last. That casing was loose on the floor and flipped initially onto a clean bathroom floor. JA must have spent between 60- 120 minutes after the crime in an attempt to stage and clean up the crime scene. That casing was loose on the floor and simply wound up on top of blood splatter after TA finished her cleaning up exercise – which included pulling him back into shower stall to clean him and her up.

Why the anterior chest wound did NOT come first.
It is true that TA was likely lured into a sitting position within his shower stall. But JA was standing facing toward TA. IF JA had been right handed she could have initiated an effective assault with slashing movements down onto TA face and chest. Even this set of activity would likely have initiated vigorous defensive counteraction by TA. Under those circumstances the smaller petite JA might have been neutralized and TA would have had many defensive wounds to his hands and forearms. JA was not interested in an unreliable pre mortem knife fight. She was left handed and likely used her left hand to wield the knife. It is nearly impossible to replicate TA’s chest wound constellation by imagining the opening salvo with JA standing up and to TA’s right side. In this instance autopsy discovered chest wounds would have been directed downward and toward TA’s left side.
Most of her knife slashes were ineffective anyway. For the most part JA merely hit bone and cartilage and thus caused superficial lacerations – to TA’s chest, back of head, and upper back – despite 29 quick jabs to the victim’s body.
It would be indeed illuminating to actually reenact the murder scene with a stopwatch.

JA Murder Sequence with a stop watch.
In the reenactment the JA character has to access 1) a gun likely hidden in back pocket and 2) a knife – also located at close quarters.
Shoot first and witness shock effect of TA then shoot again. The second shot likely jammed hence the truthfulness in her Ninja Warrior story. The gun is discarded and the knife jabs begin in very rapid sequence. JA would have to thrust at him like a dervish dancer – wild indiscriminate thrusting. The TA character would stumble or crawl to bedroom while JA continues to pummel his backside. She finally, while standing over him, grabs the head, arches it up and she slashes his throat. This is FINALLY the coup de grace. She drags the body back towards the bathroom.
STOP the WATCH. How much time has passed?

From what I understand, basically, they are forced to represent JA. From the witnesses thus far, there is nothing that has helped and plenty that has hurt. To me, it seems the defense attorney keeps asking Lisa questions hoping there will be a meaningful reason for having her on the stand. I don't think she is going to find it.

I am of the Mormon faith and Lisa's email makes perfect sense to me. I cannot imagine trying to make this out to be an abuse case. This has got to be a painful process for the two defense attorneys who have a client who messed up the case before they even got it.

Now Gus, why he has been given so much time on the stand, I will never understand......

Welcome and thank you so much for your post from a Mormon perspective re: Lisa's email.

I also feel for the defense attorney's. They didn't choose this case, they were appointed by the Court and cannot get out of it. I imagine Jodi is a difficult client who does not even tell the truth to her own attorneys. There is simply not much the defense can do with this case, and they know it.

I think Jodi was his first. No sex with Lisa or Mimi. If he had sex before them, I kind of doubt he would go back to dating girls who were definitely not going to have sex with him before marriage.

Disagree. He had his sex partner(s) in one part of his life, while simultaneously pursuing "pure" candidates to marry. The pure candidates are public. That's the dichotomy.

does anyone know if the defense is done with Lisa? Or are we going to hear more (in other words should I un-mute now?)

tia

Welcome to WS Mormon Atty! - if you truly are an Atty -you may want to get yourself verified by the WS staff . . . . (just contact a Mod and they will help you through the process).

I think my fave was when the female defense lawyer said "a whole nother"
Are you kidding me?????

Yeah, I caught that, too! LOL!

(For anyone who doesn't know, your choices are "a whole other" or "another" but you should not combine them into "a whole 'nother".)

I wonder if Jodi went to kill Lisa? Went to Travis's to make him change his mind and he didn't. Jodi was never going to be that someone special that Travis wanted.

What is the old saying...this one is to play around with, and that one is to marry?

She might have anticipated that Lisa would be with Travis in the middle of the night when she arrived. She came prepared to kill more than one person -- she killed Travis 3 or 4 times.

I gotta go get my new glasses. I can't play witcha for awhile. I'll have to watch JVM to get the skinny for the afternoon.

Sequence of Alexander Death
There is a span of about 2 minutes 30 seconds occurring between TA sitting in a fetal posture inside shower stall to the point of slit throat and unconsciousness.
TA obviously was larger and could easily overpower JA so the initial assault was designed to equalize or immobilize TA.
There is only ONE important wound to TA’s anterior chest. That is a single penetrating wound into upper left thorax. Angle of wound was slightly upward. The knife wound lacerated the superior vena cava. This single potentially lethal wound would NOT IMMEDIATELY immobilize TA. Indeed it would awaken him and set into motion vigorous defensive action. JA is left handed and to use the left hand to thrust forward into TA chest would have been awkward at best. The camera was in one hand or the other.
JA had both weapons concealed in pants and both were available.
To immobilize TA without evoking vigorous defensive action JA used a gun. She shot him at an angle of downward with his head turned upward and to his right. The 22 gauge bullet penetrated his right frontal bone and probably grazed his frontal lobe/? Lobes. The exit wound out of the anterior cranial fossa is NOT described clearly in autopsy report. It probably passed into planum sphenoidale or posterior left orbital roof and proceeded into TA’s infratemporal fossa and eventually lodged near his left mandibular condyle. Contrary to Horn’s testimony this gunshot wound would NOT be fatal nor would it have rendered TA unconscious. It would have stunned TA but he would have remained mobile.
JA realizing that TA was moving and dazed shot the gun yet again but this time the gun likely jammed. This why she invoked this story as part of the ninja intruder explanation. JA had no practice with handguns and probably did NOT practice with her stolen 25 caliber pistol.
THEN the gun was discarded quickly and now the knife thrusts to the anterior chest began. She scored one significant wound to the chest – non fatal. Now TA was bleeding from forehead wound and chest wounds. TA fought against the initial knife attacks to his chest with both hands and arms. JA modus operandi at this juncture was furious forward slashing at the erect mobile TA. TA managed an erect position in front of bathroom sink. JA had won the upper hand in this battle – after less than 1 minute of gun followed on by knife attack. TA likely stumbled to his right through the hallway towards the bedroom in an attempt to flee from his attacker. During the ensuing 30-45 seconds JA was thrusting vigorously against TA’s back. JA was in a state of panic because TA just would not drop dead.
As TA proceeded to bedroom he fell to a crouched position – standing on all four limbs. After the dozen plus thrusts back wounds did NOT bring about incapacitation JA then stood over him
And with her right hand JA pulled TA’s neck up and with the knife in her left hand JA executed a long deep thrust of his upper neck. The most pressure was delivered to TA right side – the knife wound severed the internal carotid artery and right internal jugular vein, the knife then severed the upper trachea but as the wound slash proceeded from JA right to left the knife wound became more shallow thus sparing TA left common carotid artery and internal jugular vein. Suffering from this kind of slash wound TA quickly lapsed into unconsciousness.
JA then proceeded to drag TA back into bathroom and then began to assess the crime scene.

JA initial planned for a quick clean kill with a gun. The 30 knife slashes were the result of JA’s initial panic that the victim was not incapacitated by a single gun shot wound.
The 22 caliber casing resting on top of a pool of blood (seen in crime scene photos) in NO way indicates the gun shot wound came last. That casing was loose on the floor and flipped initially onto a clean bathroom floor. JA must have spent between 60- 120 minutes after the crime in an attempt to stage and clean up the crime scene. That casing was loose on the floor and simply wound up on top of blood splatter after TA finished her cleaning up exercise – which included pulling him back into shower stall to clean him and her up.

Why the anterior chest wound did NOT come first.
It is true that TA was likely lured into a sitting position within his shower stall. But JA was standing facing toward TA. IF JA had been right handed she could have initiated an effective assault with slashing movements down onto TA face and chest. Even this set of activity would likely have initiated vigorous defensive counteraction by TA. Under those circumstances the smaller petite JA might have been neutralized and TA would have had many defensive wounds to his hands and forearms. JA was not interested in an unreliable pre mortem knife fight. She was left handed and likely used her left hand to wield the knife. It is nearly impossible to replicate TA’s chest wound constellation by imagining the opening salvo with JA standing up and to TA’s right side. In this instance autopsy discovered chest wounds would have been directed downward and toward TA’s left side.
Most of her knife slashes were ineffective anyway. For the most part JA merely hit bone and cartilage and thus caused superficial lacerations – to TA’s chest, back of head, and upper back – despite 29 quick jabs to the victim’s body.
It would be indeed illuminating to actually reenact the murder scene with a stopwatch.

JA Murder Sequence with a stop watch.
In the reenactment the JA character has to access 1) a gun likely hidden in back pocket and 2) a knife – also located at close quarters.
Shoot first and witness shock effect of TA then shoot again. The second shot likely jammed hence the truthfulness in her Ninja Warrior story. The gun is discarded and the knife jabs begin in very rapid sequence. JA would have to thrust at him like a dervish dancer – wild indiscriminate thrusting. The TA character would stumble or crawl to bedroom while JA continues to pummel his backside. She finally, while standing over him, grabs the head, arches it up and she slashes his throat. This is FINALLY the coup de grace. She drags the body back towards the bathroom.
STOP the WATCH. How much time has passed?

you put so much thought into this post! great job! I copied it over to the "sequence of events" thread/poll

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=196224"]Jodi Arias; the sequence of events - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]

have you checked that out yet?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member