The Strawberry birthmark and other things about Kyron

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
For television shows like The Early Show, Nancy Grace, Jane Valez, The Today Show.....I can't imagine sitting down for a print media interview one needs to look any particular way.

Lemme tie it in then. If Desiree can conflict herself by stating she cannot do her makeup, hair, or nails (all the while sporting evidence of such care and concern for her appearance) and in the same breath be tearing down Terri for having expressed an issue with her hair or makeup or whatever, then in light of that, I take that what she's saying about the bee sting has two sides, as well, and again we're not hearing Terri's side, so leaping to conclusions on what Desiree might mean by the comment should stop at this article was all about making certain to get her digs in about Terri, even down to lying about a bee sting.

From where I sit, it comes off as petty and not serving the purpose of finding Kyron, but tearing apart Terri.

ETA: That was a heck of a run-on sentence. My apologies.

Debs, that photo was taken 5 weeks after Kyron disappeared. Terri had her hair done within a few days of Kyron disappearing. I think Desiree was referring to how she felt at the time Terri was getting her hair done, not how she was feeling at the time of the interview--July 10th. Big difference.

If you recall, Desiree did look pretty wrecked the first couple weeks. I don't see any hypocrisy at all.

The problem wasn't that TH cared about her appearance, the problem, according to DY is that TH was talking about her hair the day Kyron went missing. Apparently TH said she didn't like how it turned out.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/tag/desiree-young/

IMHO, that's not something I'd be worrying about the day my child went missing. MOO

I don't think anyone's appearance--DY, TY, KH, TH--has any bearing on what happened to Kyron. Body language yes, clothes, hair, nails, makeup, none whatsoever. MOO

So back on topic, what other info has the family given out about Kyron? Maybe we should make a list.

Don't want to pick nits, but I don't recall that DY said TH made the comment about her orange highlights the same day Kyron went missing. That would be incrementally more inappropriate, if true. Did I miss this?

Really? I can't imagine how no one in the press got hold of the news that Terri got her hair done in those first days after Kyron disappeared.

Once again, this seems like yet another small picayune thing to use against Terri. Personally, I didn't like the color of her hair, either.

The problem wasn't that TH cared about her appearance, the problem, according to DY is that TH was talking about her hair the day Kyron went missing. Apparently TH said she didn't like how it turned out.

http://blogs.wweek.com/news/tag/desiree-young/

IMHO, that's not something I'd be worrying about the day my child went missing. MOO

I don't think anyone's appearance--DY, TY, KH, TH--has any bearing on what happened to Kyron. Body language yes, clothes, hair, nails, makeup, none whatsoever. MOO

So back on topic, what other info has the family given out about Kyron? Maybe we should make a list.

I looked at the picture of Desi on this above referenced site.

Her hair is in a ponytail with strands flying all over. I don't take that as a glamorous do.

She is very pretty and looks good even though her hair is a little wild.

How is that possible?

I don't think she had her hair done that day. She was talking about it that day.

I recall a big discussion in the first thread or two about DY not showing up until the next day (5th).

I looked at the picture of Desi on this above referenced site.

Her hair is in a ponytail with strands flying all over. I don't take that as a glamorous do.

She is very pretty and looks good even though her hair is a little wild.

I have yet to see a picture where Terri has her hair done in any fashion that is flattering.

Sigh. TH was commenting about her hair the very day Kyron went missing.

Desiree may have had her hair and nails done a few weeks later. We don't know why or how but I will say when a friend of mine was going through a tragedy in her family you better believe her friends were there comforting her- making her food, washing her hair, massaging her back and *gasp* painting her nails.

OK, and disclaimer, we only have DY's word that TH said this. It was me that said [in my now-deleted post] it was the day he went missing. Then I went and found the quote, which I also added to the post, which says, in part:

"Shortly after her son, Kyron Horman, disappeared June 4,"

If we're picking nits, IMO, it's equally inappropriate to be worried about one's highlights the day of, or "shortly after" a child's disappearance. "Shortly after" may be subjective.

Bottom line is, DY thought TH was acting inappropriately, which has nothing to do with finding Kyron, nor does DY's, TH's, TY's, or KH's hair, lack thereof, nails, make up, clothing, etc., etc. And I don't care if anyone involved in this is beautiful or mud fence ugly--it doesn't have to do with Kyron being missing.

:twocents:, YMMV, MOO, etc.

So....how about "The Strawberry birthmark and other things about Kyron"? :)

I feel now that there was a reason they listed these specific things about him. The birthmark that shows when he cries or is upset about something (like if he's scared, hurt, etc., perhaps trying to pull at Terri's heart strings or make her re-live what she did to him), the bee sting allergy as if to remind her that she has been caught in lies before, etc. Personalizing Kyron in ways that are meaningful to Terri, maybe to make her feel some remorse and own up to what she did.

Here's my 2 cents on the hair issue. Terri was complaining about her highlights shortly after Kyron disappeared. Making it about her, re-directing everything back to herself. Complaining about bad highlights to a woman who's child has just gone missing (and this is Terri's child too, as she had helped raise him since he was a toddler, so you'd think she would be too preoccupied by shock and grief to be worrying about orangey highlights for pete's sake) is outrageously inappropriate and must have really stood out as strange behavior.

The problem isn't that she got her hair done - I assume this was before Kyron disappeared, but who knows. They aren't criticizing her for that - the problem is that she was feeling sorry for herself for having bad hair color WHEN A PRECIOUS CHILD IS MISSING.

There isn't anything hypocritical about DY having her nails painted in an interview that took place weeks after the disappearance. That's neither here nor there - the issue is that, once again, we have an example of Terri's inappropriate behavior that contributed to the family's belief that she's involved and responsible for Kyron being missing.

Media keeps asking them why, so they tell us what they feel and what they've observed about Terri, and people jump to Terri's defense and attack this grieving family as if there's some grand conspiracy in place. I will never understand. Where is Terri's grief? Show me ONE SINGLE IMAGE of her showing genuine grief - doesn't exist.

Desiree is complaining about Terri complaining. If complaining while a child is missing is the issue, they are on equal footing.

How do we know what the story is behind A) Kyron getting stung by a bee; and B) what Terri's version of that story was? All this statement says is that someone believes Terri lied about a story about Kyron and bees.

But how do we know, and why would we take on faith the story of one person?

Here's my 2 cents on the hair issue. Terri was complaining about her highlights shortly after Kyron disappeared. Making it about her, re-directing everything back to herself. Complaining about bad highlights to a woman who's child has just gone missing (and this is Terri's child too, as she had helped raise him since he was a toddler, so you'd think she would be too preoccupied by shock and grief to be worrying about orangey highlights for pete's sake) is outrageously inappropriate and must have really stood out as strange behavior.

The problem isn't that she got her hair done - I assume this was before Kyron disappeared, but who knows. They aren't criticizing her for that - the problem is that she was feeling sorry for herself for having bad hair color WHEN A PRECIOUS CHILD IS MISSING.

There isn't anything hypocritical about DY having her nails painted in an interview that took place weeks after the disappearance. That's neither here nor there - the issue is that, once again, we have an example of Terri's inappropriate behavior that contributed to the family's belief that she's involved and responsible for Kyron being missing.

Media keeps asking them why, so they tell us what they feel and what they've observed about Terri, and people jump to Terri's defense and attack this grieving family as if there's some grand conspiracy in place. I will never understand. Where is Terri's grief? Show me ONE SINGLE IMAGE of her showing genuine grief - doesn't exist.

IMO, it isn't clear what day DY is referring to, in talking about Terri and her hair...do people truly exist who are able to focus and speak on one tragedy day after day? I think of death and funerals--even when someone has died, people still talk about other facets of their life, within their grief. There are periods of levity, believe it or not--even inappropriate thoughts and words--when a death occurs. Can the grief over a missing child not be comparable?

I think we'll know if Terri's grief is genuine when there is actual proof to either condemn or clear her...

Desiree is complaining about Terri complaining. If complaining while a child is missing is the issue, they are on equal footing.

I didn't interpret it as complaining - Desiree was giving an example of why she thought Terri wasn't in shock like the rest of them. Giving examples of prior dishonesty and explaining some of the behaviors they witnessed that led them to believe Terri is responsible. Would it have been better if they simply said they think she's responsible...just because? I am glad they gave examples that can lend insight into her behavior as compared with the rest of the family. I think it's important.

Is it possible that they are all lying and throwing Terri under the bus? I suppose it's possible, but why on earth would they do that if they didn't have real and concrete reasons to support that? Makes no sense to me, but that's what's so great about a forum like WS - it allows everyone to come and share opinions and perspectives and compare notes. At the end of the day, Kyron's family, LE, as well as the participants here and the general public only want one thing - for Kyron to be found and the responsible party prosecuted. We all share the same goal.

IMO, it isn't clear what day DY is referring to, in talking about Terri and her hair...do people truly exist who are able to focus and speak on one tragedy day after day? I think of death and funerals--even when someone has died, people still talk about other facets of their life, within their grief. There are periods of levity, believe it or not--even inappropriate thoughts and words--when a death occurs. Can the grief over a missing child not be comparable?

I think we'll know if Terri's grief is genuine when there is actual proof to either condemn or clear her...

I think, in cases like this, any public showing of levity will be perceived by the general public as inappropriate. DY's quote saying that when Kyron returns, she's never letting him leave the house again (paraphrasing). Many people think that was totally strange, but that can also be perceived as a moment of levity - a halfhearted attempt at humor. Darlie Routier's silly string, the video clip of the Ramsey's laughing at something one of the LE officers or detectives said, Ronald and Misty's wedding, etc. They have all been equally criticized for what we perceive as inappropriate, and Terri's no different.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member