The Suburban memorial site is up for sale. **UPDATE SOLD** OR NOT?

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Caylee was not killed there. They should bull doze down the Anthony's house and burn it because that is evidently where the baby was killed.

Which brings me back to what I have said from the beginning of this case, GEORGE IS A LIAR.............and not to be trusted in this.

I'm sure you guys have seen this already, but Georgie boy is plainly caught lying when he said the last time he saw Caylee was the day after Father's Day, June 16th at 1pm?

KC's cell pings put her at the house until 4:16pm.
At the house...or in the area? I thought we had discussed the possibility of her coming back after George left for work...but maybe I'm thinking of a different day. Sorry for the O/T comment.

I believe the property that is up for sale now, was a dark, spooky, creepy, trashy, snake infested piece of land and ANYTHING that is done to improve that is a good thing. Leaving it to grow back into that nasty place is dangerous for the children in the area.

People ARE going to remember that as the spot where Caylee was found, no matter what is done, or not done, with the property. I am in favor of Padilla buying it and making something nice for children out of it.

I'm thinking a baseball field for children .....

Somebody is going to buy the property and do something with it .... why not let it be something for the community in this world that has embraced Caylee and want to express their love for her in some tangible way.

I believe that Mark Klaas and NG and other crime victims are in a different category than Casey Anthony or even the Anthony family. I personally do not care if the Anthonys (any of them) have a problem with anything that is done at the site where Caylee's remains were found (in spite of all their efforts to prevent her from being found). IMO

I think a negative should be changed to positive and they should make it a playground.

This is AMERICA ! Florida is in AMERICA !
Home of the Free ! ! !
LAW ABIDING CITIZENS CAN DO WHAT THEY WANT... Just NOT Break the LAW!!!!!!!!!!!!!

KC BROKE THE LAW !

Anyone who has the Money can purchase the land...
they can do what they want.

ANYTHING is better than what is WAS & IS NOW !!!!!!!!!!!!!

JMO
jjgram

this is AMERICA !:woohoo:::
SEEKING ~JUSTICE~ for Little Angel CAYLEE !
Murdered in June 2008 at the young age of 2 years old !:furious:
Probably by her so called mother = KC Anthony !

I think it is a terrible idea..it would never be a park. It would remain a memory of a tragic story.. a graveyard.. not a park. I would rather see a completely new area with a beautiful space dedicated to all the lost children.
It is shameful, but sadly a true statement of our world.

I hope that LP listens carefully to what Mark Klaas has to say on the subject.

It's time for people to stop exploiting Caylee. There is no need to memorialize her dumping ground.

I'm a naturalist, so I like the idea of that area remaining semi-wild and undeveloped. But progress and expansion will probably eventually take all of that as homes. My personal feeling is that the best kind of memorial for Caylee would be in people's hearts, not as physical property or totem of any sort.

**highlighted by moi!**

This is to me the best idea in regards to honoring Caylee...do it in your hearts.

LP's idea although admirable is with a lot of questions too...most importantly, after he clears the land, builds a park, memorial, etc. and then donates it back to the city (as mentioned on NG)...who will be responsible for maintaining it? Sounds to me like more of a tax burden for the city, as if KC hasn't done her share in that area so far...kwim?

So, I am a thumbs down for any kind of park or memorial.

I think LP's intent is honorable. If he buys it I hope he justs lets the property be. It will be forever the place where Caylee was found. I laughed at Turbo's idea, then I thought about it some more and I like it! Tear down the Anthony house!!! Okay I am kidding about that, but it sure is more appealing than a memorial at the body site. I like the idea of the property going back to the community with perhaps a permanent plaque or something dedicated to Caylee. I do believe it should be left alone to let nature reclaim it. Who wants a house built over the site where a dead child was found? The people who own the house where the Black Dahlia was found still have people coming to there front yard to see the spot where she was lying. It's just creepy. Caylee shouldn't be a morbid tourist attraction. I think if Leonard buys it, just let it be so that no one else can turn it into a tourist attraction.

Caylee was not killed there. They should bull doze down the Anthony's house and burn it because that is evidently where the baby was killed.

Which brings me back to what I have said from the beginning of this case, GEORGE IS A LIAR.............and not to be trusted in this.

I'm sure you guys have seen this already, but Georgie boy is plainly caught lying when he said the last time he saw Caylee was the day after Father's Day, June 16th at 1pm?

KC's cell pings put her at the house until 4:16pm.

I'm sure that was said in jest (maybe?) but, on a serious note...if it is determined (forensically) that Caylee was murdered at the A's home, then I believe (if not mistaken) that when the A's do one day sell their home that information must be included in the disclosure at the time of sale or maybe before.

I'm thinking that could have a negative impact on the value of the A's home along with the already tanking real estate market...another nice thing KC has done for her family...good going believable daughter of the A's!

I think a negative should be changed to positive and they should make it a playground.

I agree with you. Caylee always liked going to Blanchard Park, so a playground would be a fitting memorial. However, I'm not sure if it would be good for George and Cindy to have a playground dedicated to Caylee so close. They already have to deal with the fact her body was in that swampy area for months.

I can't imagine wanting a park or playground where a child I loved was left to decompose. I know some of you don't like the Anthony's but in regard for their feelings I think a decision like that should be left up to them. I just can't even begin to imagine the intense pain they must be in every minute of every day. I don't think anyone should add to it. Imagine sitting in your house and wondering if your daughter killed your beloved grand child in one of these rooms and which one and how. It is beyond comprehension.

I wonder how long it will be before LP announces that he's changed his mind. :rolleyes: Of course he'll have a good reason. :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think before anything is done with that land that a blessing ceremony of some kind should be performed. Nothing sensational to draw media attention-just something to clear this area of the negativity that KC brought to it. I, for one, have no idea how the A's sleep in their home. If I were them I would want the same thing done for my house! IMO RIP Little Caylee:blowkiss:

I am not against planting a tree or garden, or even creating a playground in Caylee's memory some where. But to do it at the spot where her murderer dumped her decomposing body just seems wrong to me. I think it is right to give that place back to nature, as MK says. Let whatever will be will, be.

With the passage of time, things change and change itself can be cathartic. In time, the spot where Caylee was found will change. It doesn't necessarily have to be memorialized to be healing.

In July 1975, my mother's younger sister (who was 23 yrs old) was murdered and dumped in a wooded area. (off of a little dirt road off of a main roadway here). To me, that area was always an ugly reminder of the tragic loss in our family. Not to mention the insult to injury in that my aunt wasn't afforded an ounce of dignity after her killer took her life.
About 15 years ago, the woods were razed, the little road was widened and paved and the land was developed. It was truly a relief to see that dirt road and woods "disappear" for all intents and purposes, and become unrecognizable as it was. It didn't become a pretty or peaceful area (it's commercial buildings and parking lots) and it doesn't change what we know happened there, but it has been healing to no longer recognize it as the horrible place it used to represent...the "dump site."

After listening to Mark Klass, I have changed my mind. I first voted "if LP buys the property, I think he should turn it into a park or memorial." Listening to MK drove home the point that the place the body is deposited is not "holy ground." It is the site of a great tragedy, and best not memorialized.

If LP had NO CONNECTION to the case, if he was just a buyer off the street, and he bought the property to establish a park, that would be OK. In Mark's experience, those who insinuate themselves into a family's pain often have some sort of WRONG, MISPLACED, INAPPROPRIATE "ownership" of the murdered child that is offensive to the child's remaining family. Following Mark's reasoning, LP's attempt is misplaced and offensive. And Mark, having walked in the shoes of the parent of a murdered child, knows much more than most of us will ever know about how that feels.

I now hope that LP does not buy the property.

And if he does, that he does not attempt to use the property to establish any sort of "memorial."

I just hope LP realizes that the property is WETLANDS and as far as I know, nothing can be built on wetlands, the property owner can't even fill the lot so it doesn't flood.

That is how it is here anyway.

Leave it to nature.

If LP does buy the property (which he has every right to do, legally at least), I think it would be nice to have a "Secret Garden" kind of thing going on. Leave it wild but clear it out a bit, maybe a winding path with a pool/fountain, and some pretty flowers. I don't like the idea of a sign. Just a subtle reminder that the place is special in an understated way would be nice.

I am not implying that the site is "special" in a good way, just that it is a place to remember Caylee.

After listening to Mark Klass, I have changed my mind. I first voted "if LP buys the property, I think he should turn it into a park or memorial." Listening to MK drove home the point that the place the body is deposited is not "holy ground." It is the site of a great tragedy, and best not memorialized.

If LP had NO CONNECTION to the case, if he was just a buyer off the street, and he bought the property to establish a park, that would be OK. In Mark's experience, those who insinuate themselves into a family's pain often have some sort of WRONG, MISPLACED, INAPPROPRIATE "ownership" of the murdered child that is offensive to the child's remaining family. Following Mark's reasoning, LP's attempt is misplaced and offensive. And Mark, having walked in the shoes of the parent of a murdered child, knows much more than most of us will ever know about how that feels.

I now hope that LP does not buy the property.

And if he does, that he does not attempt to use the property to establish any sort of "memorial."

Finally someone has put into words my feelings about LP inserting himself into this case. Not only are his motives highly questionable, but his "ownership" of Caylee is totally inappropriate and offensive, not only to Caylee's family but to Caylee herself. Go away, LP. Go make amends with your own family members who refuse to have anything to do with you. Orlando will survive without you.

Finally someone has put into words my feelings about LP inserting himself into this case. Not only are his motives highly questionable, but his "ownership" of Caylee is totally inappropriate and offensive, not only to Caylee's family but to Caylee herself. Go away, LP. Go make amends with your own family members who refuse to have anything to do with you. Orlando will survive without you.

I kindof like lp but I have to say I agree with you after hearing Mark klass put it into words. I knew it felt off just wasnt sure why. I tend to think it was a way for him to get the anthonys upset and get himself on nancy grace again.

I do think that the surviving family's thoughts on how the site is to be developed should be the most important consideration. However, it has to be bought by someone, eventually.

If the family can't afford it, and it's going to be bought, I just hate the idea of selling the property to be developed like any piece of land with no reminder ever of her resting place for so long.

I remember LP stopping people from yelling at Cindy. At Blanchard Park, when the protesters were yelling at her, he told them to stop or he wouldn't talk to them anymore. He did change his memorial there to a "prayer vigil" instead. I think it's because they asked him not to do it at all and he compromised.

I also remember lots of times when he was a "media ho."

Guess I am trying to say that I would rather it be bought by someone who was attached in some way to Caylee than someone who had no interest at all.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
csiapril77
Back