The surveillance video-**identified** man and the box of wine

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe the guy was underage and Deborah had been supplying him with cheap booze for quite some time to the point that he had a "drinking problem"? Maybe this guy would feel that since Deborah had done illegal things for him that he should comply with any illegal requests from her?

lol, here it's against the law to sell any alcohol to minors. No alcohol sales until the buyer is 21!

I've yet to see an 18 year old drink anything responsibly. :)

I live in the US too.

My husband and I were married and in college students, but we lived off campus in an apartment. We invited friends over for dinner and sometimes had a drink, no beer bashing. That was some years ago, but you would be surprised how many of us there are. We don't make headlines. :crazy:

If the male DB is with in the video is a minor, and the wine is for him, why did DB hand him the change within sight of the cashier? He doesn't carry the wine to the register, or carry it out of the store - if the reasoning for that is so that no one will think DB is buying it for him, why would he take the change right in front of the cashier?
Perhaps...
.because she handed it to him?
-because young people can be impulsive and don't always think before acting?
-because he had been consuming alcohol before he arrived at the store?

Oooh weee!! Rebecca Guerro, the sales clerk who checked them at the grocery store just stated that there were two separate transactions made.. One transaction for the baby items and then a separate, second transaction for the wine..

This IMO definitely has me willing to bet money that the box of wine was infact purchased separately, and solely for the young man..

Do kids drink wine? I can see buying beer for the bong or vodka/tequila/schnapps.
I agree, but kids that need to keep their blood alcohol level up (addiction) need large quantities of inexpensive alcohol containing products and boxed wine fits that need.

I would bet good money the box of wine is sitting in mom's fridge. Or, alternatively, in the fridge of this guy's parents (which would explain why he was giving her a ride).

The police have checked this out.

have just read the first few pages.....of 41!! and just wanted to add, like everyone else I think what is a bit surprising about this new bit of info is that she did not tell it to the police. They found the receipt and had to track down surveillance video to find her with a guy..... I dont like it when there is just a little something that people dont tell the police, cos that little something is not told to police for a reason I normally find. I know the police are saying they know who it is and he is not a suspect etcetc, I just wonder what the whole situation is and his relationship to Lisa....now that may be important, important enough not to fill in the police about.

also just wanted to add, here in australia the legal drinking age is 18....you can get your licence at 17.....needless to say there are stacks of very young silly drunk kids killing themselves in cars. Also it is very common here for 15 and 16 year olds to have fake id to get into clubs.....I was going to clubs at 16....the moral of the story I sometimes think your law of 21 may be wise.

Just curious-how do we know she didn't tell the police about her trip to the market?

Just curious-how do we know she didn't tell the police about her trip to the market?

I think it was extrapolated from the reports that police asked for the videos because they found a receipt while searching (which is different than her telling them) and the reports that DB had gaps in her timeline.

A little OT: don't throw away the leftover wine, put it in an icecube tray and stick it in the freezer. Later you can use the cubes for cooking or to chill a bowl of sangria or something.

I think it was extrapolated from the reports that police asked for the videos because they found a receipt while searching (which is different than her telling them) and the reports that DB had gaps in her timeline.

A little OT: don't throw away the leftover wine, put it in an icecube tray and stick it in the freezer. Later you can use the cubes for cooking or to chill a bowl of sangria or something.

Thank you! I like to add white wine to my spaghetti bolognase, and just drink what's left! LOL But the ice cube idea is good :) Just have to make sure DS doesn't add them to his drink.

Do kids drink wine? I can see buying beer for the bong or vodka/tequila/schnapps.

Good point. I was always a big mouth mickey kinda gal, and didn't start drinking wine until I was in my late 20's. But I think the box wine thang is popular with the college kids. I could be wrong.

MOO

Mel

If you take what LE's statement was about said video.. IMO it makes perfect sense.. LE stated there Is nothing of any evidentiary value contained in this video (not direct quote but same sentiment meaning the video doesn't play a role in the disappearance of Lisa).. IMO meaning that, as I stated yesterday that I did NOT find LE's having visited the store and reviewed their surveillance video was indicative of LE believing it to be a "lead" or evidence in the case, NOR WAS IT INDICATIVE THAT DEB HAD LIED OR HIDDEN THESE GROCERY STORE VISIT TO LE IN HER TIMELINE OF THAT DAY/NIGHT's events..

Much different IMO Is that it is SOP for LE to go to any length necessary to confirm/deny a witness/SUSPECT's alibi or timeline in question.. That of course LE would go to the store to either confirm/deny Deb's claim of being at the grocery store at such and such time.. I would be highly questioning the integrity of any case that LE did NOT verify a main player in the case's timeline/alibi.. And instead were just taking a witness/SUSPECT's "word" for it as to what their alibi/timeline of hours in question were.. LE taking one's "word" for it would NOT BE SOP IMO.. but their going to the store, speaking with employees(especially one's working during time in question), and most importantly of course one of the best pieces of evidence there is, to view the actual video of that specific time, if still available from the specific store..<-- this being SOP IMOO!

So, given what LE has stated about the video of Deb and male at grocery being NOTJING of evidentiary value in the disappearance of Lisa.. And IMO their viewing it being NITHING MORE THAN SOP OF confirm/deny the mom's timeline.. With that being openly stated by LE it makes perfect sense of why the store released the video.. IT IS NOT EVIDENCE, it is not a piece of court subpoenaed evidence to be used in a court proceeding, IT HAS ALREADY SERVED IT'S PURPOSE TO LE TO CONFIRM/DENY A PERSON's timeline.. and is nothing more than the store's property to do with it as they so feel fitting.:

IMO they(the owners of the vid, the store) likely released it due to media/public interest..jmo, tho!!

Respectfully, I don't necessarily agree with all of this. PD did not say the surveillance video was of no evidentiary value. What I'm remembering is they said it wouldn't make their case, or something along those lines. If they have not ruled DB out, which we know they haven't, then the surveillance video will indeed be evidence. The surveillance video is NOT a throwaway.

Good point. I was always a big mouth mickey kinda gal, and didn't start drinking wine until I was in my late 20's. But I think the box wine thang is popular with the college kids. I could be wrong.

MOO

Mel

I'm pretty sure the wine was for DB. She considers other things in the liquor aisle, then makes a quick decision on the wine, and she's carrying it out of the store.

It would be so helpful if we knew how much she drank after JI went to work... and just how inebriated she was.

The police have not made any comments about who is or who is not a person of interest in this case. The police have not made any comments about any alibis that have checked out or not checked out. The police are not saying much of anything other than they will not discuss things pertaining to this case as it is an active investigation and they will neither confirm nor deny anything.

If someone else has heard the police say anything different regarding any of the above please post the link so that I can check it out for myself.

MOO

ABC News just said a family friend said the guy in the video is DB's brother.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BUKANAS