The surveillance video-**identified** man and the box of wine

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
We don't know if DB bought the baby food/wipes at all. It may have been her 20 year old brother who bought the baby items. Does he have a baby, I wonder?

Another poster in the "facts" thread is reporting that two separate purchases were made... the baby items and the wine. DB walks out with the wine. The brother is holding a grocery bag. Are the baby items for his child?

Not sure how to answer that avoiding the "family sluething" thing. There is no indication I've run across that he has a child of his own. No court ordered support, no marriage, no girlfriend with a baby. What is possible isn't necessarily likely, as you well know. He could be buying the items to donate them to the local women's shelter or food bank. That's possible too but unlikely.

Occams razor says the lady with the 10 month old baby buying everyday baby needs at the market, is buying them for herself.

We don't know if DB bought the baby food/wipes at all. It may have been her 20 year old brother who bought the baby items. Does he have a baby, I wonder?

Another poster in the "facts" thread is reporting that two separate purchases were made... the baby items and the wine. DB walks out with the wine. The brother is holding a grocery bag. Are the baby items for his child?

FWIW, here's what I think. I think she was sitting around outside with her neighbors having wine, smoking, and shooting the breeze. The kids were playing together and it was probably a typical afternoon for them. They run out of wine so Deborah asks her brother to run her to the store for more wine and diapers. The reason I think they were already drinking is because a) the wine isle is their first stop and b) DB looks at the coolers first to see if there's any cold wine in her flavor (IMO) because she wants to drink it right away. She sees there is none, so she grabs the box and they head for the diaper isle. She never asks the brother if he likes this or that wine because IMO, he's not drinking. I see only DB paying and grabbing the priority, the wine. As they leave the store the keys are in the brother's hand. He looks totally disinterested in the events of the trip. DB looked happy and in a hurry to get back to wherever she was headed.

:seeya: Morning Nat!

FWIW, here's what I think. I think she was sitting around outside with her neighbors having wine, smoking, and shooting the breeze. The kids were playing together and it was probably a typical afternoon for them. They run out of wine so Deborah asks her brother to run her to the store for more wine and diapers. The reason I think they were already drinking is because a) the wine isle is their first stop and b) DB looks at the coolers first to see if there's any cold wine in her flavor (IMO) because she wants to drink it right away. She sees there is none, so she grabs the box and they head for the diaper isle. She never asks the brother if he likes this or that wine because IMO, he's not drinking. I see only DB paying and grabbing the priority, the wine. As they leave the store the keys are in the brother's hand. He looks totally disinterested in the events of the trip. DB looked happy and in a hurry to get back to wherever she was headed.

:seeya: Morning Nat!

Morning!!

I am convinced the wine was for DB. My gut feeling is that DB drank a lot of that wine on that night. Perhaps it was the first night she was free to party without JI giving her dirty looks. My gut feeling also tells me that DB did something to the baby. There seems to be no overt evidence in the house, i.e. blood. I'll continue this thought in the theories thread...

IMO, since the brother is 20 years old, it would make sense that DB walks out with the wine because he is under age. It was the store clerk that stated that there were two separate transactions, of which, one was for the wine and the other was for the baby food and baby wipes.

The store clerk confirmed it was two seperate transactions.
GUERRERO: Come through my line. They had a box of wine, some baby wipes, and baby food. Now, she did two separate purchases. She did the baby stuff first and then the box of wine. And that was it.

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1110/12/ng.01.html

It is against the law to buy liquor etc., for a minor. So if she is buying it for her brother, she could have carried out the ruse and handing him the baby food package and she carried the wine.

IMO, since the brother is 20 years old, it would make sense that DB walks out with the wine because he is under age. It was the store clerk that stated that there were two separate transactions, of which, one was for the wine and the other was for the baby food and baby wipes.

GUERRERO: Come through my line. They had a box of wine, some baby wipes, and baby food. Now, she did two separate purchases. She did the baby stuff first and then the box of wine. And that was it.

It is against the law to buy liquor etc., for a minor. So if she is buying it for her brother, she could have carried out the ruse and handing him the baby food package and she carried the wine.

Whether the wine was for the brother, or for DB, or for both...I'd still like to know where the wine was consumed.

Gotcha. I do think the wine was DB's though. Boys tend to go for beer or liquor.

She might also have made the separate purchases so JI wouldn't know she bought the wine. He might monitor her spending.

Gotcha. I do think the wine was DB's though. Boys tend to go for beer or liquor.

She might also have made the separate purchases so JI wouldn't know she bought the wine. He might monitor her spending.

Or her "leisure habits".

We just might not ever know the "saga about the wine" unless someone in the media asks them that question.

Haven't read the entire thread, so apologies if this has already been mentioned: Could DB have a bridge card? If so, alcohol/tobacco products cannot be purchased with a bridge card. The separate purchase of baby products/wine makes sense if DB uses a bridge card. jmo

I didn't know what a "bridge card" was so I looked it up. Apparently, this is a Michigan thing. So, I'm guessing she wouldn't have a bridge card. Not legally, anyway.

http://www.michigan.gov/dhs/0,1607,7-124-5455_7034-14303--,00.html

We just might not ever know the "saga about the wine" unless someone in the media asks them that question.

It's weird to me that no one is asking. It also seems to me that, in Texas at least, this story has kind of fallen off the radar.

Is there confirmation of the time of the shopping trip? Were the kids waiting in the car or was Dad at home with them?

I'm very interested in hearing where the kids were, and who they were with.

The seperate purchase for the wine might also mean someone else has given her the money for it and she needed the correct change to return to them. Say the friend that was over said "hey here's ten bucks, pick up some wine for us while your out".

Is there confirmation of the time of the shopping trip? Were the kids waiting in the car or was Dad at home with them?

I believe the time was 16:46 that they entered the store and they were only in there a short time. I think it was under 10 minutes, but don't hold me to that one.

We have no idea if the children were in the car, or if the father was home watching the children.

The seperate purchase for the wine might also mean someone else has given her the money for it and she needed the correct change to return to them. Say the friend that was over said "hey here's ten bucks, pick up some wine for us while your out".

This makes the most sense to me. I think if it were a food stamp thing, the clerk probably would have mentioned that. I think the fact that she says "two separate transactions" but nothing more, says that they were two ordinary cash/debit transactions.

I'm not convinced that the young man shown in the video is the box o' wine recipient.

This makes the most sense to me. I think if it were a food stamp thing, the clerk probably would have mentioned that. I think the fact that she says "two separate transactions" but nothing more, says that they were two ordinary cash/debit transactions.

I'm not convinced that the young man shown in the video is the box o' wine recipient.

The use of government assistance for grocery purchases should be kept confidential, so the clerk wouldn't have disclosed this information to the public. Confidentiality is among the reasons that Michigan implemented the "bridge card" in place of traditional Food Stamps. Recipients are issued a type of debit card that they present to a cashier for their transaction. Others aren't privy to the customer using "Food Stamps" for their purchases in a grocery or convenience store. The store clerk was likely interviewed by LE and provided this information to them. jmo

I posted this over on the theory thread, but I think she lied about the wine because she didn't want the cops to know she was drinking....:twocents:

To me, the wine speaks volumes........

Being an avid wino and the mother of three small children I'll give you my thougts. First, I love wine, but I don't drink it if my husband is not home. I abstain because once I start I want a buzz:woohoo:..... I don't drink when he's gone for two major reasons: 1. If something happens to the kids, I can't drive because I'd have been drinking, thus would need to call an ambulance and look like an idiot, not be able to go the hospital, and VERY likely get slapped with child endangerment, etc.wind up with child protective services, wind up on Nancy Grace, the whole nine yards.... And my husband would likely divorce me.....2. If, god forbid, something bad happened (like a death) ON AN ACCIDENT, i.e. falling down the stairs, OD on meds, drown in toilet.. then, my being drunk changes the ballgame COMPLETELY and an "accident" can turn from no charges pressed to upwards of 20 years in the slammer.... I'm still on the fence but If I was a betting woman, it was some sort of an accident and she panicked....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member