The Talent show

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
iirc Kaine said she took the project to school on Thursday.

sometimes schools do things like these at the end of the year just to fill up time (don't kill the messenger) as things are drawing to a close and academics tend to start going out the window this time of year as teachers have to begin sending things home, clearing their rooms out, etc.

my second point (and i'm hesitant to say this but wth) sometimes these talent shows are pretty bad! i've been to a few and it is sometimes not a fun way to spend your time...so if a parent went to something important in the am and had a baby in tow as well, i wouldn't throw stones if they didn't prioritize making it back to the school a second time (especially if the kid didn't have a major solo or something...)...again, don't kill the messenger...i just don't think we should even give a 2nd thought to why someone might not show up at a talent show we're not even sure was meant for parents.

as a teacher, one year I had my class do a talent show in the spring because they wanted to do one. It was their idea so I went with it. It was just my class and it was so cute I could hardly stand it!

I have not had another class that felt that way and even if they did,it doesn't matter anymore with No Child Left Behind. Those kinds of things have to go by the wayside because we have to make the Annual Yearly Progress.

We don't know if this was a last minute type decision by the school generated by the students or the PTA.

I would like to add two things to this discussion as a teacher:

1. The talent show would not be as important as the end-of the year IB fair at an IB school. The IB projects would have been key to the school maintaining IB status. The talent show would have been more of an add-on.

2. What TH said about the teacher was a major snark. I have done all kinds of teaching--community college, adult ed, alternative school, etc. as well as social work and teacher training--and none of them was as demanding as teaching K-12. It is not a good time to be a teacher--testing requirements are theoretically impossible, many parents have no respect for a teacher's work. Well-educated parents think anyone can teach school or it is a part-time job. Nothing could be further from the truth.

The 2nd point is off-topic, but it has been allowed to linger in this thread, so I want to address it. My heart really goes out to Kyron's teacher. I'm sure she hasn't slept since June 4th and her life will never be the same.

Okay, I know about every event at my stepdaughter's school, but I can't always take off of work to go see her. My husband had to go out of town for work once, and he missed a school event because of it. Some people have the luxury of being able to attend every little thing at school, and some don't. For all we know, KH was in debt up to his ears and had to work hard to pay it off. We know DY had a lot of medical debt, so I'm assuming she couldn't just take off work when she wanted to for all school activities.

Just because a parent can't make it to school even if they know about an event doesn't make them a bad or negligent parent. In this economy, it could mean they're working their butts off to stay afloat. And some bosses aren't as nice about taking time off as other bosses either. We can't judge them as parents because they didn't attend the science fair. That is way harsh and out of line. I wish I could be a stay at home mom and do every little thing with my stepdaughter, but I can't. Does that make me a horrible parent for wanting to get myself to better financial security instead of wallowing in debt but hey I made it to all of her school events? Absolutely not. I do the best I can with what I have, and I'm sure KH and DY did the same.

Hi Aedrys. I understand what you are saying. I am not concerned with DY, (who lived what, 4 hours away? And was supposed to be getting Kyron later that day for his visit with them anyway...) or Kaine, attending the SF project. But Terri was a stay at home mom and HAD the luxury of spending the better part of the day at the school, till 10am for the end of the fair, then returning a little later for the talent show.
IMO Terri had her own evil agenda that day, thus she left the SF project there, left way before the SF was over, and never bothered to come back for the talent show. But why would she? She had already done something horrible with Kyron, and he certainly wasn't performing in any talent show at 1pm. JMO only.

abbie

nosysw, you reminded me of the time I sat through a third grade flutophone recital. It was precious, but oh my ears.

that is so funny that I can hardly stand it!!!!!!!!

Then I'm curious why Desiree and Kaine didn't take time out of their calendars to attend the big science fair.

originally posted by: jadejazzkayla
or the talent show for that matter as Kaine left the office and was home by 1:45pm. but to each his own as some parents just don't have any desire to attend their child's school functions.

originally posted by: AbbieNormal
Especially since Kaine himself said his Friday schedule was so flexible.
Could he not have taken the morning off to go to the fair then worked in the afternoon?

I guarantee if they could go back to that morning, Kaine and Desiree would absolutely attend the fair. I'm sure they'd give their right arms to do it over. I think it's terrible people are judging these innocent parents for this. How do we know what was going on that day? Maybe they had meetings. As I said, I guarantee they'd change things if they could and I'm sure it's eating them alive they didn't go. I can't imagine what they must be going through. And then to be judged on top of it all for not going to the science expo. Very sad.

Now that we know the talent show is confirmed and that Kyron was supposed to perform, I firmly believe TH kept this from Kaine and Desiree on purpose. I'm not sure how she got Kyron to keep it - maybe telling him she wanted it to be a surprise? I think she had this planned, deciding this day would be perfect. She would need to be at the school already because of the expo. She made some confusion regarding a dr appt. She didn't want Kaine and Desiree to know about the talent show or they might have decided to go after all. Her email regarding the project is hinky. Wouldn't she have said goodbye to the teacher when she left and would have asked then - especially since she was right by his classroom?

All I am saying was she supposedly (said) she took the truck so she could bring the project to and fro, why did she not wait till the fair was over at 10am and remove the project? I dunno how many kids had projects so cumbersome that taking them home on the bus was not possible. The projects were set on each students desk so I imagine there would be a lot of science fair cr*p in the way after 10am in the classroom, making teaching in a room full of projects a daunting task that day.,

But, we don't know what the school had requested of the parents as far as getting those projects out of the school after the fair. I can't imagine why Terri, who was supposed to be "so involved" in the school and knowing the SF was over at 10am, didn't plan to take his project out of there, she should have known that would be a good idea. Was Kyron to bring it home on the bus, which is a moot question cos Terri knew dang well Kyron would not be on that bus that afternoon....

I have a question...did Terri bring the project to the school with Kyron that morning or had she brought the project there prior to that day?

BBM:
1. We don't know whether Terri asked for the truck; we're only told she did.

2. Is there something somewhere which confirms that the SF projects were supposed to be cleared from the room at 10? Or is it because the school day began at 10 that day with the earlier hours filled with parents wandering around looking at the projects?

3. I can't imagine why Kaine, having been home at 1:45, didn't go to the school and pick up Kyron himself, seeing as how the truck was at home when he was, and there's obviously no sign of the science fair around the house (because it was still at the school). If Kyron wasn't supposed to be on that bus, why would his father go to meet it? If Terri was supposed to pick up Kyron and project at school, why didn't that alarm go off in his head? He seemed to indicate he knew Terri was going to pick up that project that day but didn't think it was so odd that she didn't. I can't quite get past why, if he thought his child and that project were going to be picked up, he would choose to walk with his daughter to the bus stop.

Wow, this is confusing!

Kyron is a shy kid... wouldn't someone have known if he was dreading the performance, or if he was uncharacteristically excited or even just blase about it? I mean Kyron didn't know he was about to go missing, so he would have thought he was still attending the TS...

Huh, you know I just get the feeling that if Terri is guilty, she expected the school to notice his absence and contact her during the day. Maybe she didn't think she'd need an entire day of alibi, but just the trips to the grocery store, during which time she'd receive "the call" from Skyline and spring into concerned parent mode.

Maybe she never considered the entire day passing with no one noticing his absence, the talent show, etc.

This is really confusing.

I understand what is being said here and it sounds plausible, but the bbm part brings up a question/new thought for me.

If she didn't think she'd need an entire day of alibi because she expected Kyron to be noticed missing & for her to get a call from the school, that didn't give her a lot of time to take him from the school, do whatever she had planned to Kyron & still make it to the grocery stores to get her alibi in place prior to when she would have (according to this theory) expected to receive a phone call. It is a tight window of time to get Kyron out of the school after being seen with him inside the school (thus marking a time she was there) and then get rid of him and all evidence and THEN get to the grocery stores to establish her alibi before she would have expected to receive a phone call telling her that Kyron was missing and she could have "sprung into concerned parent mode" (at which point she would have been expected to show up at the school and therefore whatever she had planned to do to Kyron needed to be completed before she anticipated receiving that call).

I'm sure it can be done, but since it seems the general consensus is that Terri isn't very smart, I have to wonder how she could have pulled this off and not leave any evidence behind (physical evidence, anyway).

I never said it was. Please don't put words in my mouth. I was talking about KH and DY, not Terri. Maybe she had things to do and couldn't make it back to the talent show. Or maybe she knew Kyron wasn't going to be in it, so there was no point in going. We just don't know anything for sure. Just because she didn't go either doesn't mean that that automatically makes her guilty. That also applies to KH and DY, which was the point of my post. We don't know much information about anyone in this case, so we can't condemn KH and DY for the same no info but then use that no info to say that TH must be innocent. That makes no sense.

If we go by Terri's reported time line, I really don't see anything pressing in her schedule. She did bring the baby to Kyron's other performance as per video.

IMO, she knew a lot of the children at school.

I know that I may be weird on this,but she had already seen the frog project. so I don't see that as a big deal.

But to see a talent show with students that she knows may be quite amusing, even in it's awfulness.

But I suppose it's possible that Kyron may not shine like he did with "his" tree frog project.

Especially when its glaringly obvious hes not there as his science project sat on his desk. I'm betting his teacher 'assumed' Kyron was at this mysterious drs appointment, but we don;t know for a fact or not if Kyron was on some kind of meds where the teacher would have to fill out a form for the dr before the appointment..if he was, the teacher might have wondered, "why didn;t Terri give me the forms last week if his appt was today?"

Also, I must say this, yes its snarky but here it goes- Terri has a lot of nerve saying that it was "Kyrons teachers first year of teaching, and she was hard of hearing" which seems, to me, to be a condescending statement. Terri has alot of nerve saying that, as if SHE had so much experience as a "teacher", sure she had gone through the education but according to her CV she had only been a substitute teacher during her short "career" as a teacher, so "who is she" to criticize a new teacher who, by the end of the school year, had actually logged in more time as a teacher (full time teacher) than Terri ever did as a substitute. There, I said it. And, I feel better!

abbie

I have mentioned this before. I believe it is probably 100% that Kyron had an appt on Friday June 11 for the paperwork appt.

But a child is not entitled to just one doctor's appt a year. Kyron could have had another kind of imaginary doctor's appt on Friday June 4.

Link, please, re: alleged abuse by TH.

I was just repeating what I have read many people post that they thought maybe Terri abused Kyron. I have no link and don't know it as a fact. I was just saying, IF he WAS abused, maybe it was emotional, not actual physical abuse. Whether she did abuse him or not may never be known. Thats all.
If I didn't put "JMO", I meant to.

Okay, just trying to catch up here, is it or is it not confirmed that Kyron was supposed to be in the talent show? And is it confirmed that a 9 year old boy testified at the GJ? Thanks anyone.

If we go by Terri's reported time line, I really don't see anything pressing in her schedule. She did bring the baby to Kyron's other performance as per video.

IMO, she knew a lot of the children at school.

I know that I may be weird on this,but she had already seen the frog project. so I don't see that as a big deal.

But to see a talent show with students that she knows may be quite amusing, even in it's awfulness.

But I suppose it's possible that Kyron may not shine like he did with "his" tree frog project.

Perhaps baby's fussiness kept her from staying until 10 and taking home the project.

Perhaps baby's naptime kept her from attending the talent show.

My son was a well-known (locally) child actor, and I attended every performance and every rehearsal and every audition he ever did. I have no other child, and no job, so it was quite easy for me to do that. Many of the other "stage mothers" had additional responsibilities (kids, jobs), so they missed most of what went on. For the most part, I would never wake up a sleeping baby or toddler, regardless of the reason.

And if all 300 Skyline kids attended, plus staff, there was likely not much room for parents to attend. The fire marshal used to go to our back-to-school nights to ensure there weren't too many people in the cafegymatorium.

3. I can't imagine why Kaine, having been home at 1:45, didn't go to the school and pick up Kyron himself, seeing as how the truck was at home when he was, and there's obviously no sign of the science fair around the house (because it was still at the school). If Kyron wasn't supposed to be on that bus, why would his father go to meet it? If Terri was supposed to pick up Kyron and project at school, why didn't that alarm go off in his head? He seemed to indicate he knew Terri was going to pick up that project that day but didn't think it was so odd that she didn't. I can't quite get past why, if he thought his child and that project were going to be picked up, he would choose to walk with his daughter to the bus stop.

Snipped --

Maybe Kaine did think it was odd she hadn't picked up the project. All we've been told is that TH said she needed the truck for it, not Kaine's thoughts on anything. Maybe he did ask and TH told him she emailed the teacher and hadn't heard back, so they'd just let Kyron ride the bus home and they'd get the project Monday.

Good post!
when a school friend said that he had seen Kyron *after* TH said she left him, that report was blown off, as near as I can tell, by LE. And I've seen so many saying that well, he's just a kid, he probably got confused. From the get-go, his story has been discounted.
:

I believe the youngster indicated that he was in the gymnasium when he saw Kyron with friends, and also Terri's truck outside. Considering the number of white trucks in the area, and the fact that this child would have been accustomed to seeing Terri in the mustang, what made him believe this was TERRI'S white truck?

I can't source this at the moment, but recall that the report that was "blown off" was discounted because the only windows in that gymnasium are at the top of the wall, and without the bleachers opened up so they could be climbed, there would have been no way to see out of them. Seeing the parking lot, would therefore, be improbable. MOO

I understand what is being said here and it sounds plausible, but the bbm part brings up a question/new thought for me.

If she didn't think she'd need an entire day of alibi because she expected Kyron to be noticed missing & for her to get a call from the school, that didn't give her a lot of time to take him from the school, do whatever she had planned to Kyron & still make it to the grocery stores to get her alibi in place prior to when she would have (according to this theory) expected to receive a phone call. It is a tight window of time to get Kyron out of the school after being seen with him inside the school (thus marking a time she was there) and then get rid of him and all evidence and THEN get to the grocery stores to establish her alibi before she would have expected to receive a phone call telling her that Kyron was missing and she could have "sprung into concerned parent mode" (at which point she would have been expected to show up at the school and therefore whatever she had planned to do to Kyron needed to be completed before she anticipated receiving that call).

I'm sure it can be done, but since it seems the general consensus is that Terri isn't very smart, I have to wonder how she could have pulled this off and not leave any evidence behind (physical evidence, anyway).

Just a thought here --

Let's think about her "alibi". The grocery store - I don't get service inside mine. Driving around on rural roads - might not have service there, either. The gym - wouldn't have her phone on her. Maybe her planned "alibi" was in order to be able to say she wasn't able to answer. Plus, since Desiree and Kaine were the emergency contacts, they'd be called. Then, they'd have to try to reach TH.

I don't understand why it's assumed that Terri knew about the talent show. If Kaine didn't know about it, and Desiree didn't know about it, why is everyone utterly convinced that Terri DID know about it but kept the information from the other parents (considering how supposedly involved Kaine was in his son's life, how is it even possible that he did not know about the talent show, anyway, without relying on his wife's informing him)?

I know everyone is entitled to their opinion, but it is disconcerting to me to see how each piece of information that comes out gets used to further cement Terri's guilt even when there's no actual proof that she did (or did not do) anything.

For the record, I believe she's involved in Kyron's disappearance, but I am still trying to remain open-minded with the information that gets leaked because it can so often be interpreted two ways ~ to exonerate her or to condemn her ~ and with regards to the talent show, I don't think there's enough information to make a judgment call.

JMO, of course.

I believe early on all parents involved here said they didn't know about the talent show. What a non-communicative family! Sounds like people just kinda co-existed in that household, having no idea what one another was doing. Argh, just venting for poor Kyron.

What I find interesting in that report is this child NEVER SAW KYRON AT SCHOOL THAT DAY. I wonder if this boy was at the science fair that morning? You'd think if they were going to do something together in the talent show, they'd be talking to one another about it.

Joshiesmom - I do agree. But there are a lot of cases where there is no concrete physical evidence to tie someone to the crime. I am remaining open minded as well, although I certainly lean towards her guilt. Physical evidence or not, what leans me is the fact that she was the last person seen with Kyron and then had an hour and a half she can't account for. I'd also like to hear more about this dr appt. If she did in fact tell the teacher it was for that day, that would write it in stone for me.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Snoopysnoop
Back