The Texts Messages: Warning! Graphic SEXUALLY EXPLICIT

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Research some articles about bullies and their self-esteems. Bullies do not have low self-esteems.

Sorry...I beg to differ. First article that comes up on Google:

[URL="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V9F-3VV41KB-J&_user=10&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F1996&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1519771136&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=5808f14bac6611c6726a82d5decbf184&searchtype=a[/URL]

Research some articles about bullies and their self-esteems. Bullies do not have low self-esteems.
oh I concur that this can certainly be true. I just think there are no absolutes when it comes to affairs of the psyche.

It depresses me to think about TH's interactions with Kyron after reading that he had to essentially get permission to leave his room in the mornings. Also I feel very sad about the statement from his teacher regarding TH's need to get a daily behavioral report on Kyron.
well dare i say if she was compelled to dominate grown men, what perhaps might we deduce about potential desire to dominate little boys?
Perhaps nothing, perhaps something.

Sorry...I beg to differ. First article that comes up on Google:

[URL="http://www.sciencedirect.com/science?_ob=ArticleURL&_udi=B6V9F-3VV41KB-J&_user=10&_coverDate=10%2F31%2F1996&_rdoc=1&_fmt=high&_orig=search&_origin=search&_sort=d&_docanchor=&view=c&_searchStrId=1519771136&_rerunOrigin=google&_acct=C000050221&_version=1&_urlVersion=0&_userid=10&md5=5808f14bac6611c6726a82d5decbf184&searchtype=a[/URL]

Psychologists used to believe that bullies have low self-esteem. New research shows that most bullies actually have excellent self-esteem. Bullies usually have a sense of entitlement and superiority over others, and lack compassion, impulse control and social skills.

To avoid taking this thread way off the tracks, I will PM you with some new studies. :)

Here is a summary of newer study from Harvard (MassGeneral)
http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/children/adolescenthealth/articles/aa_bullies.aspx

well dare i say if she was compelled to dominate grown men, what perhaps might we deduce about potential desire to dominate little boys?

Well it certainly speaks to her *ability* to dominate a little boy if she can bench press a grown man. JMO

Psychologists used to believe that bullies have low self-esteem. New research shows that most bullies actually have excellent self-esteem. Bullies usually have a sense of entitlement and superiority over others, and lack compassion, impulse control and social skills.

To avoid taking this thread way off the tracks, I will PM you with some new studies. :)

Here is a summary of newer study from Harvard (MassGeneral)
http://www.mgh.harvard.edu/children/adolescenthealth/articles/aa_bullies.aspx

Snipped from the article:

"Children bully to cover feelings of inadequacy. "

I'm sorry, this is not making any sense. Let's drop it.

I was a power lifter for a long time and enjoyed the camaraderie that I developed with the men and women in the gym. I always went to a "gym" as opposed to a club, because that element of trying to look better or having the cutest outfit or being the biggest or better was absent. We all enjoyed lifting and we compared notes and encouraged each other's achievements. This notion of being stronger than the men is foreign to me which is why it has caught my attention.
Perhaps it either some kind of overcompensation for inadequacies she feels about herself, or maybe she doesn't do so well at being a "woman" and makes up for it by being a better "man" Obviously this is all just speculation and theorizing on my part and I have nothing to back that up.

I also wonder if motherhood was "uncomfortable' for her or being pregnant was out of her comfort zone, what with swelling breasts and belly, because these are female traits.

Either which way, her interest in being able to bench more than her lovers and wanting to be with men that she can beat in arm wrestling is fascinating and could perhaps hold some clue as to what happened to Kyron, if she is indeed involved.

I wonder if Terri wasn't also the type to brag about how much she can drink--being able to "drink men under the table."

I would like to hear from some people experienced with alcohol abuse. I heard or read someplace that alcoholics often have a stunted maturity about equal to when they started drinking too much. I wonder if Terri's maturity growth stopped at about the high school level due to alcohol abuse?

This may sound silly, but the comparison Terri was making about a golf ball through a water hose seems extreme, and something that might make a man cringe. I may be totally wrong, but could that be considered a little on the sadistic side?

I wonder if Terri wasn't also the type to brag about how much she can drink--being able to "drink men under the table."

I would like to hear from some people experienced with alcohol abuse. I heard or read someplace that alcoholics often have a stunted maturity about equal to when they started drinking too much. I wonder if Terri's maturity growth stopped at about the high school level due to alcohol abuse?

Maybe, but even if she started drinking at the age of 6, she has a normal IQ and was way past the age where she was capable of conventional morality. She understood society’s values and laws regardless of her stunted or un-stunted emotional age.

Conventional morality: By the time children enter elementary school, they are usually capable of conventional morality, although they may often slip back into preconventional morality on occasion.* But this level is called conventional for a very good reason:* It is also the level that most adults find themselves in most of the time.

Stage 3.* This stage is often called the good boy/good girl stage.* The child tries to live up to the expectations of others, and to seek their approval.* Now they become interested motives or intentions, and concepts such as loyalty, trust, and gratitude are understood.* Children in this stage often adhere to a concrete version of the Golden Rule, although it is limited to the people they actually deal with on a day-to-day basis.

Stage 4. This is called the law-and-order stage. Children now take the point of view that includes the social system as a whole. The rules of the society are the bases for right and wrong, and doing one's duty and showing respect for authority are important.

http://webspace.ship.edu/cgboer/genpsymoraldev.html

My understanding of drug and alcohol addiction is the same Gwenbob.

Whatever age a person becomes a problem drinker is the age that they are stuck in.

Not the morality aspect, but the emotional level.

It appears that TH may be stuck in some kind of teenage hood emotionally.

My understanding of drug and alcohol addiction is the same Gwenbob.

Whatever age a person becomes a problem drinker is the age that they are stuck in.

Not the morality aspect, but the emotional level.

It appears that TH may be stuck in some kind of teenage hood emotionally.
IMO, I think her actions were done with an adult intent. Perhaps they were done as a passive-aggressive scheme to hurt Kaine. Or, perhaps they were more instinctual such as that seen by a parasite searching for another host.

Reading these...is like reading sexts from very young teenagers that have been exposed to the wrong things in life. Seriously, though, this also speaks to the guy - what guy would be enticed by such lame/childish texts? She is super focused on sex...no matter what the other person says. Sounds like she's drinking most of the time, too. I just need to also say EW.

Oh.... my..... god.....

I so did not need to read these texts over breakfast. (hurl)

That is one very disturbed person. Further, for a man to partake in that fully knowing the woman he's talking to is acting beyond inappropriately given the situation (3 weeks post Kyron MIA?) - is almost even MORE disturbing to me.

God I hate people. I really do. I like animals better. LOL

Terri was adopted at an eary age, wasn't she? I have to wonder about the circumstances through which she came to be put up for adoption. I don't believe I read where she was a newborn, but still under 1 year old. I wonder if she had been the victim of abuse. While she most likely would not have memories of specifics that happened to her under 1 year of age, the dormant feelings of being overpowered and hurt could cause her later life expressions of dominance, particularly over males.

This may sound silly, but the comparison Terri was making about a golf ball through a water hose seems extreme, and something that might make a man cringe. I may be totally wrong, but could that be considered a little on the sadistic side?

Naw, she was merely expressing to him one of her many talents.

Terri was adopted at an eary age, wasn't she? I have to wonder about the circumstances through which she came to be put up for adoption. I don't believe I read where she was a newborn, but still under 1 year old. I wonder if she had been the victim of abuse. While she most likely would not have memories of specifics that happened to her under 1 year of age, the dormant feelings of being overpowered and hurt could cause her later life expressions of dominance, particularly over males.

She was born in April and IIR, the adoption was final in November. It usually takes 4-6 months for the final papers so I think she was only a few months old. I cringe a bit at blaming adoption as I have an adopted child.

She was born in April and IIR, the adoption was final in November. It takes a few months for the final papers so I think she was only a few months old. I cringe a bit at blaming adoption as I have an adopted child.

I'm so sorry l2bm, I never meant to imply anything universal about adopted children.

The reason I posed the question was because I knew of a case personally that closely resembles TH's odd behavior.

I'm so sorry l2bm, I never meant to imply anything universal about adopted children.

The reason I posed the question was because I knew of a case personally that closely resembles TH's odd behavior.

Oh no worries! I understand why you would question it. Just explaining my hypersensitivity is all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Webberry