The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Exactly how many times have they stole YOUR dollars? :laugh:

Can't tell you - I've run out of fingers and toes to count with :D
Actually I quite like it, at least during the off season, mostly fall and around Christmas - they sure know how to light things up ! My next forray however will be to the Titanic Museum.

Can't tell you - I've run out of fingers and toes to count with :D
Actually I quite like it, at least during the off season, mostly fall and around Christmas - they sure know how to light things up ! My next forray however will be to the Titanic Museum.

Christmas is best time of year around here, isn't it?
I haven't been to the Titanic yet,I promised my grandson I would wait to go when he was here from Louisiana. Grammy keeps her word, lol.

Christmas is best time of year around here, isn't it?
I haven't been to the Titanic yet,I promised my grandson I would wait to go when he was here from Louisiana. Grammy keeps her word, lol.

Christmas is definitely a good time in this neck of the woods and that area is pretty neat at that time. Very visual time of the year. Not sure when I'll go to the Titanic complex but will let you know how it is - I have heard it is pretty good. I'm sure I will find it entertaining given my curiosity concerning that particular ship. One reason I refuse to take a cruise...:p

Today would be an excellent day to go to the Inspiration Tower. hehehe

Today would be an excellent day to go to the Inspiration Tower. hehehe

I have never gone up in that puppy but it has to be an awesome view of the area and the lake I would think. One has to admit that that area is beautiful despite all the tourism that goes on and the city has gone the extra mile to return the lake to its beautiful blue color.

I have never gone up in that puppy but it has to be an awesome view of the area and the lake I would think. One has to admit that that area is beautiful despite all the tourism that goes on and the city has gone the extra mile to return the lake to its beautiful blue color.
The Tower is the best thrill ride around on a windy day, lol.
Before it gets too hot and crowded you and the Mrs should ride over to check out The Landing. It's really lovely what they have done to that area down there. Hate it that there are so many condos going in though. Wasn't supposed to be ANY.

The Tower is the best thrill ride around on a windy day, lol.
Before it gets too hot and crowded you and the Mrs should ride over to check out The Landing. It's really lovely what they have done to that area down there. Hate it that there are so many condos going in though. Wasn't supposed to be ANY.

Been to the Landing and explored a few times - there is a very good Mexican restaurant there - yum ! I like the Landing. HCW is putting all those condos in and there is suppose to be a Starbucks going in north (used to be Akers & Arney) across from the new convention center down by the Scenic Railway Depot - buggars - but hey, at least the city limited the Hilton to just 12 stories!

Been to the Landing and explored a few times - there is a very good Mexican restaurant there - yum ! I like the Landing. HCW is putting all those condos in and there is suppose to be a Starbucks going in north (used to be Akers & Arney) across from the new convention center down by the Scenic Railway Depot - buggars - but hey, at least the city limited the Hilton to just 12 stories!
There's something...well..incongruent about Starbucks and the Scenic railway,isn't there? lol
I don't even want to talk about the Hilton. :D

Some of my early life was spent at Ft. Campbell and have some extended family in Tn. Take several vaction trail rides in various places around Tennessee as it is one of the most calming and peaceful places I have found (love the Smokies). Been to the Blue Hole many times and froze many times but had to try it ! :D

This one I can comment on since I've been there. Not in the winter though, I went in September. Very beautiful. I still prefer New York City for X-mas and New Year. Very different in Manhattan then than at any other time imo.

This one I can comment on since I've been there. Not in the winter though, I went in September. Very beautiful. I still prefer New York City for X-mas and New Year. Very different in Manhattan then than at any other time imo.

I've never been to New York and I have always wanted to go at Christmas. Can't talk anyone here into it though!:crazy:

I had always dreamed of being in Hawaii for Christmas, sitting under a palm tree with a Mai Tai! Well, we did that one year & it was just so weird - I LOVE Christmas and I felt like I had been robbed. I'll never do that again!

How's your Dad Strach?

I convinced several friends and family to go to NY after going myself and they too loved it. :)

He's doing better, again that is. He did so well at first he was able to come home after six days but after his 3 week check up he was back in ICU. Spent 4 days there and he's back out again doing well. The real test is when he goes home to my mother since he's been at my sister's house. :crazy:

Speaking of enlightening news stories from my area, here's one for the books, right here in my hometown:
http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=43908

And charlie - did you go SKINNY-DIPPING at the Blue Hole?

When my husband was in high school and maybe got out and drank a few too many beers, he would stop by the Blue Hole before he went home and "sober up" by stripping off and standing under the waterfall a few minutes! I've got a few pictures of the waterfall froze solid - looks unreal.

I convinced several friends and family to go to NY after going myself and they too loved it. :)

He's doing better, again that is. He did so well at first he was able to come home after six days but after his 3 week check up he was back in ICU. Spent 4 days there and he's back out again doing well. The real test is when he goes home to my mother since he's been at my sister's house. :crazy:

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Too many times they let people out of the hospital too soon!

Speaking of enlightening news stories from my area, here's one for the books, right here in my hometown:
http://www.wbir.com/news/regional/story.aspx?storyid=43908

And charlie - did you go SKINNY-DIPPING at the Blue Hole?

When my husband was in high school and maybe got out and drank a few too many beers, he would stop by the Blue Hole before he went home and "sober up" by stripping off and standing under the waterfall a few minutes! I've got a few pictures of the waterfall froze solid - looks unreal.

No - no skinny dipping for me at that location. Your husband is wise - as cold as that water is I have no doubt it was very sobering ! Sure sobered me up and I don't drink but every now and then...:p

Glad to hear your Dad is doing better. Too many times they let people out of the hospital too soon!

We were all so happy he did so well throughout the whole thing. He's only had one other surgery in his life many years ago for his ear.

What's for Easter dinner, ya'll? I've been working on this spread:

ham
mashed potatoes
baked beans (my secret recipe from my mom)
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
mac and cheese (for the finicky grandkids)
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

We are all sitting here starving to death today smelling of what I have already been cooking and we aren't eating this until tomorrow night. I was going to have a big egg hunt for the kiddies, but it has been SNOWING this afternoon and is supposed to flurry tomorrow again. We also started baseball practice this weekend - it has been in the 80's for almost 2 weeks and it MIGHT have been in the low 30's this evening during practice at a ball field where the wind never quits blowing!

Hope you ALL have a blessed Easter and get a great, big chocolate Bunny! (solid, NOT hollow!)

No - no skinny dipping for me at that location. Your husband is wise - as cold as that water is I have no doubt it was very sobering ! Sure sobered me up and I don't drink but every now and then...:p

You know, I was thinking about this today - my husband doesn't drink much at all anymore. But I was wondering - if he got tired of the drinking...or was it freezing in that water???

:confused:

ham
mashed potatoes
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

We are all sitting here starving to death today smelling of what I have already been cooking and we aren't eating this until tomorrow night. I was going to have a big egg hunt for the kiddies, but it has been SNOWING this afternoon and is supposed to flurry tomorrow again. We also started baseball practice this weekend - it has been in the 80's for almost 2 weeks and it MIGHT have been in the low 30's this evening during practice at a ball field where the wind never quits blowing!

Hope you ALL have a blessed Easter and get a great, big chocolate Bunny! (solid, NOT hollow!)

Happy,

That sounds like a very fine meal, I'm sure the finicky grandkids will be very happy you went the extra mile for them ! Hoping you and yours have an excellent Easter Holiday filled with smiles, laughter and the joys of family!

Can I be a grandkid ? Sure do like home made banana pudding! :p

ham
mashed potatoes
pasta salad
broccoli w/cheese sauce
deviled eggs
rolls
homemade banana pudding
Sweet tea
Wine (for the cook)

Well, I have a choice between Ham and Standing Rib Roast. The BarnGod decided tonight that the ham will do. I'll also do Paula Deen's Twice Baked Potato Casserole. Absolutely yummy. I'll also fix sugared baby carrots and spiced apples and a salad. Attached is the potato receipe for those of you who don't know Paula Deen:

http://www.lansinglowdown.com/index.php/article/483

I have fixed it before and it's the best ever.

I'll do them the night before and put them in the oven for the final stage on Sunday.

Way too cold here for Easter. The BarnGod is trying to put new fence in here, but we are going down near Colorado Springs to buy back our old horse, Chief. He's a 20 year old Belgin. We sold him 2 years ago to a couple who raises Clydesdales. They aren't using him and he's eating them out of house and home. We will take him back for half what they paid and use him to train the young horses. He's the laziest thing on earth. No one will run away with him under harness, LOL. Typical male, lets the "women" do all the work.

Ohhhh BG - That potato recipe sounds yummy and I have copied it. Thank you! One question about mashing the potatoes (I'm not the greatest cook!) - do you use an electric mixer to mash?

I've got a lot of good recipes on this site over the years!

Had to laugh about Chief! I bet he'll be glad to be home though! hehe.

Just to add, I am not cooking for the first Easter in my life. Kids not around so hubby & I are going to a huge smorgasboard at a Club that we belong too.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member