The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ohhhh BG - That potato recipe sounds yummy and I have copied it. Thank you! One question about mashing the potatoes (I'm not the greatest cook!) - do you use an electric mixer to mash?

I've got a lot of good recipes on this site over the years!

Had to laugh about Chief! I bet he'll be glad to be home though! hehe.

Just to add, I am not cooking for the first Easter in my life. Kids not around so hubby & I are going to a huge smorgasboard at a Club that we belong too.

HAPPY EASTER TO EVERYONE!!

Jilly, Chief is back home, fat and sassy. Moved our two expecting mares into a different pen. With the cold front they may deliver any time. Low pressure near delivery time seems to get the job done. It never got above 22 degrees and snowing all the way, with freezing fog.

I have used a portable electric mixer and have also done it by hand. I've been searching for a potato ricer. I really want one of those. I just finished baking them, so I'll wait until the morning to peel and mash them and finish the dish. Ham is thawing out now. You won't be disappointed with the receipe. They are outstanding.

Thank you Barn Goddess for the recipe! I've been meaning to buy the book and just never get around to it. Ocean says it is the best recipe as well!

Thank you Barn Goddess for the recipe! I've been meaning to buy the book and just never get around to it. Ocean says it is the best recipe as well!

Scandi,

I have given my input to the dancing horse thread - just so you know. If you have more questions, I will try to explain.

HAPPY EASTER EVERYONE!!!

Thanks Charlie, and you were masterful, by the way! I actually learned a lot, and know everyone was really enjoying the thread. I wonder why it is locked? Some poster came in there who was less than blunt about what he wanted to say, and maybe CW saw trouble ahead.

Scandi

Thanks Charlie, and you were masterful, by the way! I actually learned a lot, and know everyone was really enjoying the thread. I wonder why it is locked? Some poster came in there who was less than blunt about what he wanted to say, and maybe CW saw trouble ahead.

Scandi

Glad to have helped out. I had hoped I was able to get some information out without it being too difficult. Not exactly an easy subject to discuss if people are not familiar with the technicalities. Simply put, K Salinero was technically superior to BH Martine and Anky is a far superior rider. BH Martine is signed up for the FEI World Cup competition in Las Vegas next week - April 18 through the 22nd. I do not know if any of this will be televised but will find out- some times they do air parts of it on one of the 40 Fox Sports channels. Will try to get you some video.

The next WEG is in 2010 and for the first time will be held outside of Europe - right here in the USA at Kentucky Horse Park in Lexington KY. If you run across a video of Anky with a horse called Bonfire - you will see a real treat - Bonfire was the cream of the crop in his day - the two were absolutely unbeatable.

I'm just posting my support of the people here that have stuck with this case, and consistently post using the facts that we know.

I hope justice is served soon. I can't understand how such an obvious case (to me) would be so difficult to prove in court after all this time.

I'm just posting my support of the people here that have stuck with this case, and consistently post using the facts that we know.

I hope justice is served soon. I can't understand how such an obvious case (to me) would be so difficult to prove in court after all this time.

Hey Taxi!:) I hope justice is served soon too! One thing's for sure - at least they know who did it. It's just a matter of being able to prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. It's a circumstantial case and harder to prove but I'm confident there will eventually be a charge.

It appears jy was very clever after the fact what with getting a lawyer & clamming up. He conveniently left 2 tidbits of info (the hotel & gas receipt) in his vehicle - hoping I guess that LE would accept that it couldn't be him. Well, it didn't work obviously and I think he made a few mistakes during that murder.

In the event he's never charged, then he has to deal with the Karma. If he thought that his life was bad when he was married, little does he know that he's in for a lifetime of grief. He's in a no win situation.

Thanks Charlie and I would love to watch Martine compete if it is televised. Really I want to put her in a painting, as her total form and personality together would make a great painting. See there the fact that when she gets excited her tail keeps the beat with her ear only adds to her appeal. If I do a painting I'll have it scanned and send it to you, OK

Now This is O/T for sure, but I am so excited it is hard to type right now. :D Y'all remember D.B. Cooper? 36 years ago he hijacked a plane midway to Seattle and bailed from the plane close to Portland, and he and the loot were never recovered. Well, a bit of the loot washed up on the banks of the Mighty Columbia River later on to be factual.

Well, we have two guys, local Portlanders, who for the last 7 years have tried to solve the case. When our local channel put this on the news one night I called the station the next day and left a message for them to join WS - I always tell everyone I belong to a crime forum! LOL One of them did come, and we have a great thread here about their investigation on Up To The Minute.

This afternoon our poster found out that DB will be exposed publicly on the air with 3 daily segments. It isn't until May 15th which is when the station wants to do it.

But remember this when it hits the National News. One of our own here at
WS will be one of the two men who have exposed the dastardly criminal in the case of the only hijacking in US history that has not been solved.

I think that is really great news! Scandi

This is awesome Scandi! I'm sorry I missed that thread! And you are the best sleuther! You've also got a lot of guts!:dance:

This is awesome Scandi! I'm sorry I missed that thread! And you are the best sleuther! You've also got a lot of guts!:dance:

I didn't do any sleuthing on that :p But I sure did learn alot. We have a aposter here named who knows almost everything about flying. She did help him. But the thread is still there.

It is a real coup they are planning to expose him, and he is a lifelong criminal - bank robber - so yes, it is really turning out to be a fascinating case. Now the legwork has been done will come the best part of letting the world know who he is. The FBI still has some sort of a warrant on his head even though the period for experation for the hijacking crime has expired.

The best may be yet to come! scandi

Scandi, that's so exciting!

I'll go look for the other thread-hopefully that's where updates will post!

And don't forget Charlie, I believe May 5th is the running of the Kentucky Derby ;)

UPDATE: D B Cooper

I wanted to announce that our local WS'er has posted that our CBS affiliate in Portland will be running 3 spots on consecutive days on the exposing of D.B Cooper to the public. The first spot will be on May 15th.

I think it will hit the national news within the day, and it should be a boon for WS since one of the two men who investigated for 7 years to bring this case to exposing him, is one of our own here at Websleuths.

I hope they line up in FBI offices all over the country to see where 2 local :woohoo: private investigators have cracked this case when they were unable to do so. Here is a link to our thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44859 Scandi

And don't forget Charlie, I believe May 5th is the running of the Kentucky Derby ;)

UPDATE: D B Cooper

I wanted to announce that our local WS'er has posted that our CBS affiliate in Portland will be running 3 spots on consecutive days on the exposing of D.B Cooper to the public. The first spot will be on May 15th.

I think it will hit the national news within the day, and it should be a boon for WS since one of the two men who investigated for 7 years to bring this case to exposing him, is one of our own here at Websleuths.

I hope they line up in FBI offices all over the country to see where 2 local :woohoo: private investigators have cracked this case when they were unable to do so. Here is a link to our thread:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=44859 Scandi

Awesome stuff Scandi !

By the way - I haven't watched a horse race since I left NY and the track in 2000. I came to detest the industry for its failure to protect these beautiful athletes. No watching for me...:(

Happy,

Glad to hear the dog is fine and the glass jug is gone. Your concern and efforts to assist are admirable. :blowkiss:

Awesome stuff Scandi !

By the way - I haven't watched a horse race since I left NY and the track in 2000. I came to detest the industry for its failure to protect these beautiful athletes. No watching for me...:(

Yea, the gouging with heel in the side is not at all good. I did see the most adorable animal movie this weekend about a zebra who thought he was a racehorse. Of course he won the big race! I didn't catch the name of it as it had already started, but it was priceless for a show with taking animals. LOL And the gal that rode the zebra to victory didn't jab him once. All he needed to hear is that if the race was too hard and he had to stop, it was OK. It was all he needed to hear! Scandi

Yea, the gouging with heel in the side is not at all good. I did see the most adorable animal movie this weekend about a zebra who thought he was a racehorse. Of course he won the big race! I didn't catch the name of it as it had already started, but it was priceless for a show with taking animals. LOL And the gal that rode the zebra to victory didn't jab him once. All he needed to hear is that if the race was too hard and he had to stop, it was OK. It was all he needed to hear! Scandi

I think the movie is "Racing Stripes" or something along that line. I have seen it as well - cute movie.;)

I wish the heel gouging was all there was to it, unfortunately, the abuse goes much further than that.

I think the movie is "Racing Stripes" or something along that line. I have seen it as well - cute movie.;)

I wish the heel gouging was all there was to it, unfortunately, the abuse goes much further than that.

I was reading something a while back about how they had cancelled some kind of TN Walking Horse show here in TN (duh...) last summer, I think. All the horses had had something done to their feet/ankles that affected their gait. I don't understand what it was but apparently it hurt the horses and was supposed to be illegal to do it. I am sure you know what I am talking about even if I don't! They could not find one single horse that had not had it done to them to be in the show. It just makes me sick to see animals mistreated - especially for THAT!

Happy,

Glad to hear the dog is fine and the glass jug is gone. Your concern and efforts to assist are admirable. :blowkiss:

Thanks, rc, although I didn't do anything - just watched her suffer! Bless her heart - she has been through it and back! First, she was abandoned here in our neighborhood, had puppies ALONE on the creekbank, had her puppies stolen by me and an old fisherman and now walked around for a week with a jug on her head!

I bet she will be well-fed now - everyone around here is looking out for her! I just hope they don't leave the food in another container she can get stuck in again!!!

I was reading something a while back about how they had cancelled some kind of TN Walking Horse show here in TN (duh...) last summer, I think. All the horses had had something done to their feet/ankles that affected their gait. I don't understand what it was but apparently it hurt the horses and was supposed to be illegal to do it. I am sure you know what I am talking about even if I don't! They could not find one single horse that had not had it done to them to be in the show. It just makes me sick to see animals mistreated - especially for THAT!

Typically, they place dried mustard under the leather pads placed under the shoes. This burns the frog and it makes the horse elevate their feet, because it does hurt. It is done to make the horse exhibit the gate the judges give marks for. They have also been known to insert tacks in the leather pads.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
habitsofwaste