The "Totally Off Topic" Thread Part 2.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Busy day today - my daughter's 21st Birthday. I'm more excited than her! She has written this one off temporarily since she's in the middle of exams at College.

Anyways...just had to share - my daughter gave me my Christmas present early....she walked in the house (a couple of weeks ago) and told me she had to give me my present but we should really get in the mood. With that, she put on the Stereo and Bon Jovi came out blasting. I knew! immediately! And screamed - "you got tickets???!!" Yesireeee!! We are going to Bon Jovi's concert together this Saturday!!!

I am sooooo excited! I might just faint when I'm there! haha. We have fantastic seats. My daughter lined up at 6am to see to that.

Anyways!!! I'll let you all know how it goes!!

Busy day today - my daughter's 21st Birthday. I'm more excited than her! She has written this one off temporarily since she's in the middle of exams at College.

Anyways...just had to share - my daughter gave me my Christmas present early....she walked in the house (a couple of weeks ago) and told me she had to give me my present but we should really get in the mood. With that, she put on the Stereo and Bon Jovi came out blasting. I knew! immediately! And screamed - "you got tickets???!!" Yesireeee!! We are going to Bon Jovi's concert together this Saturday!!!

I am sooooo excited! I might just faint when I'm there! haha. We have fantastic seats. My daughter lined up at 6am to see to that.

:woohoo: I'm so jealous! How fun that should be! And that your daughter thinks you are cool enough to go with her, LOL! :woohoo:

Oh, jilly, you'll have a blast! What memories you two will have!
Wow!
And you must give us a full report of the concert Sunday!!!
What a sweetheart of a daughter you have, jilly!:innocent:

Plus Jon Bon looks 100% " prettier " today than he did 20 years ago. The years have really been good to him!

I SURVIVED!!!!

WOW!!!!!! WHAT A CONCERT!! :woohoo: I am nearly hoarse today! :woohoo: Livin' on a Prayer:woohoo: Those guys played non stop for 2 hours!! Thank God they had a couple of slow ones where I could sit down - otherwise I stood the entire time - dancing, singing, hooting, hollaring!! We were in the 9th row and all of a sudden there was this commotion on the floor in front of us and Jon Bon Jovi climbs up on a platform and he sang a couple of songs from there!!! I think he was singing to me! lol (j/k). Then Ricky Sambora came up with him. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!! I tell ya!!!

I didn't want it to end!! Jon is such a great guy! Sambora didn't look that good. Kinda rough. Hope he's not having a relapse. Looks like he's put on some weight and he was chewing gum so fast. He'd sing a few notes and then chew like mad, sing some more notes then chew again. But I still love him! He's such a great guitar player and even did a solo.

We went to a pub (where my daughter works part time) before the show. Had dinner and a couple of glasses of wine. I was ready!:dance:

Dep I have to say my daughter was not a fan of BJ....before last nite. She was more excited to see the opening band - A great kid who was a runner up in Canadian Idol now with his own band. He was electric and really got the crowd going. So even though it started out with my daughter making a "sacrifice for me" - it turned into a fun nite for her too!

Sweet Yes Jon is very pretty. :) He's got his hair short now and he just suits any style. And thank you. Yes my daughter is a sweetheart and very thoughtful. We we have always been very close.

**goosebumps** Bon Jovi **swoon**

I'm so jealous, jilly! I bet he was singing to you! I remember feeling that when I had front row seats to INXS. I just know Michael Hutchence was singing to me and only me. :D

**goosebumps** Bon Jovi **swoon**

I'm so jealous, jilly! I bet he was singing to you! I remember feeling that when I had front row seats to INXS. I just know Michael Hutchence was singing to me and only me. :D

I think you're right! :D I don't even remember the song he was singing!:crazy: Front row seats to INXS!!!!! Wow! Surprised you lived to talk about it!:D Your seats must have cost an arm and leg. Our 9th row were $150 each!

Wow! Such a beautiful night, it sounds like jilly!
I'd love to have been there too!
I watched a Bon Jovi concert this afternoon on A&E, it was recorded at the Sears Center(?) in Chicago. They were soooo good! I thought about you and was waiting to hear about your night. Sounds just super!
Thanks for filling us in!

And Taximom, lucky you, I love INXS! Wish Michael was still on this earth with us.

:blowkiss:

Yeah, weird way to die, eh?

I wasn't planning on going because I had just blown my extra money on the Bruce Springsteen concert the night before. It just happened that my brother's friend had these tickets (he worked with the arena staff I think) and his gf got sick, so he called me!!!!! :woohoo: :woohoo: I almost died when I found out where the seats were, AND it was free. :woohoo:

I couldn't hear or talk for a few days after both of those concerts. :D

I'd love to see Bon Jovi though. They are just as good as they were years ago.

Wow! Such a beautiful night, it sounds like jilly!
I'd love to have been there too!
I watched a Bon Jovi concert this afternoon on A&E, it was recorded at the Sears Center(?) in Chicago. They were soooo good! I thought about you and was waiting to hear about your night. Sounds just super!
Thanks for filling us in!

And Taximom, lucky you, I love INXS! Wish Michael was still on this earth with us.

Awww! You're welcome! Oh I wish I'd known about them on A&E today! I would have watched!:dance:

I SURVIVED!!!!

WOW!!!!!! WHAT A CONCERT!! :woohoo: I am nearly hoarse today! :woohoo: Livin' on a Prayer:woohoo: Those guys played non stop for 2 hours!! Thank God they had a couple of slow ones where I could sit down - otherwise I stood the entire time - dancing, singing, hooting, hollaring!! We were in the 9th row and all of a sudden there was this commotion on the floor in front of us and Jon Bon Jovi climbs up on a platform and he sang a couple of songs from there!!! I think he was singing to me! lol (j/k). Then Ricky Sambora came up with him. UNFREAKINGBELIEVABLE!! I tell ya!!!

I didn't want it to end!! Jon is such a great guy! Sambora didn't look that good. Kinda rough. Hope he's not having a relapse. Looks like he's put on some weight and he was chewing gum so fast. He'd sing a few notes and then chew like mad, sing some more notes then chew again. But I still love him! He's such a great guitar player and even did a solo.

We went to a pub (where my daughter works part time) before the show. Had dinner and a couple of glasses of wine. I was ready!:dance:

Dep I have to say my daughter was not a fan of BJ....before last nite. She was more excited to see the opening band - A great kid who was a runner up in Canadian Idol now with his own band. He was electric and really got the crowd going. So even though it started out with my daughter making a "sacrifice for me" - it turned into a fun nite for her too!

Sweet Yes Jon is very pretty. :) He's got his hair short now and he just suits any style. And thank you. Yes my daughter is a sweetheart and very thoughtful. We we have always been very close.

w00t!!!...lol, sounds like you had a rockin time
653.gif

Richie Sambora is, or was anyway, good solo...a good friend of mine sent me a couple of his solo cds awhile back, & i was impressed!....hate to hear he doesn't look so good though....

lol @you being hoarse....:p

i had posted this video for you over somewhere in the Jury Room awhile back, LOL....going to post it here..seems appropriate:cool:

i guess it has to be my favorite BJ tune; it along with Blaze of Glory...oh boy, Sambora looks soooo good, way back in the day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99h5aikc4g

ok, i'm editing this post of mine...am watching this video now..you got me all into Bon Jovi from your previous post, Jilly, lol....check out how good these boys fit into their pants....(slobbering)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upenR6n7xWY

i had posted this video for you over somewhere in the Jury Room awhile back, LOL....going to post it here..seems appropriate:cool:

i guess it has to be my favorite BJ tune; it along with Blaze of Glory...oh boy, Sambora looks soooo good, way back in the day....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k99h5aikc4g

ok, i'm editing this post of mine...am watching this video now..you got me all into Bon Jovi from your previous post, Jilly, lol....check out how good these boys fit into their pants....(slobbering)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=upenR6n7xWY

Ooooooh thanks for these links. They didn't sing Blaze of Glory, Bed of Roses or Have a Nice Day!!!!:( I was doing some reading at their Wikipedia and apparently Jon had to knock down their songs a couple of notes because he was trashing his voice. Maybe this is why.

Anyways as I was saying earlier, they had a slow part which I got to sit down during. This apparently from their new album which I may not buy. I read the Review in our local paper today and apparently when they were doing those slow songs people got up to get more beer or take washroom breaks and some even left altogether!
For the finale they ended with songs from Dave Clark Five :confused: and the Beatles. It was ok for me because I knew all the words:D however, younger people didn't have a clue. I mean that's going back to the 60s!

Yeah...disappointing to observe Richie. I still like him though and he had his leather pants on!:clap:

Ooooooh thanks for these links. They didn't sing Blaze of Glory, Bed of Roses or Have a Nice Day!!!!:( I was doing some reading at their Wikipedia and apparently Jon had to knock down their songs a couple of notes because he was trashing his voice. Maybe this is why.

Anyways as I was saying earlier, they had a slow part which I got to sit down during. This apparently from their new album which I may not buy. I read the Review in our local paper today and apparently when they were doing those slow songs people got up to get more beer or take washroom breaks and some even left altogether! For the finale they ended with songs from Dave Clark Five :confused: and the Beatles. It was ok for me because I knew all the words:D however, younger people didn't have a clue. I mean that's going back to the 60s!

Yeah...disappointing to observe Richie. I still like him though and he had his leather pants on!:clap:

wow, i could understand taking a break, but to leave????? hmmm odd about the 60's tunes:waitasec:

oh well, lol..did they do "Wanted Dead or Alive"?:)

wow, i could understand taking a break, but to leave????? hmmm odd about the 60's tunes:waitasec:

oh well, lol..did they do "Wanted Dead or Alive"?:)

Oh yes :dance: - they started out with that, It's my Life and You give Love a Bad name - All in the first 1/2 hour!! The crowd just went nuts - including me. I had brushed up on the choruses before going! LOL

eta - When they started out they walked through a door and you could see their shadow behind it. When Jon appeared you could recognize his silouette and the place just went wild!

Hmmmm. Ms. Jilly rocking out to BJ at a concert - you rock Ms. Jilly ! ;)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL WS'S. BE HAPPY, BE SAFE, AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Merry Christmas to you and yours, RC . Nice to "see " you .

Hmmmm. Ms. Jilly rocking out to BJ at a concert - you rock Ms. Jilly ! ;)

HAPPY HOLIDAYS, MERRY CHRISTMAS, AND HAPPY NEW YEAR TO ALL OF THE WONDERFUL WS'S. BE HAPPY, BE SAFE, AND BEST WISHES TO YOU ALL!

Same to you and Your's RC!
And to ALL of the wonderful people here!
Merry Christmas! Happy Holidays! And wishing all of you a wonderful 2008!

RC!!!! You must be on top of the world!!!! Way to go Danica!!!:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads