The "Totally Off Topic" Thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
raisincharlie said:
OMG Jilly - way weird - Percy will flat shred you for a green olive ! I kid you not, he is crazy about them - the bugger will eat a whole jar if you'd let him, except for the pimento. I eat lunch in the barn lounge alot and he always follows me in - he knows the olive jar, he doesn't scream for them but he grabs at your hands until you give him one. Must be a cat thing - all this time I just thought he was an idiot for liking olives. He does not however care anything about black ones. I guess he has brain damage too !:D

Yeah! Yeah!! Except for the pimento!! lol - Ohhh this is hysterical! Grabbing at your hands! ROFL - :laugh: brain damage!!! Same thing here with the black ones!

concernedperson said:
Now that is funny!!!!!

Yup! It's quite a performance! :crazy: Maybe this is what happens when you find a wild cat and force him to be an indoor. He has to improvise! lol

jilly said:
Yeah! Yeah!! Except for the pimento!! lol - Ohhh this is hysterical! Grabbing at your hands! ROFL - :laugh: brain damage!!! Same thing here with the black ones!
ROFLMAO !!

I think since yours and mine are obviously brain damaged that Close needs to experiment with her pretty cats and see what they do with an olive !

Come on Close - we need feed back ! :D Too funny ! One can always tell when I've had olives - it looks like I 've tried to slit my wrists.

Cats are absolutely amazing. You know of course, they own you. There's not a cat in the world that is owned by a human. I hear that all the time. "I don't like cats, but......"

My oldest son is devoted to his cats. It all started when a neighbor moved and couldn't keep "Tiger". I came in and saw Tiger sitting on the sofa, calmly cleaning himself and my son saying that Tiger was now our cat. That darn cat was more a dog that he was ever a cat. If I started the car, he was ready to go for a ride. Call him and he'd run to you like a dog. Tiger had a long life and unfortunately he had to make the decision when Tiger lost the use of his back legs. Tiger was a Silver Tabby. We later adopted a Russian Blue who lived to be 18. Dusty was another lovely pet. He likes dogs, but dotes on his cats. The BarnGod and I have 2 cats that live in the house and about 12 that live in the barnyard. They grow on you. All of our animals are so precious to us, small or large, equine, canine or feline. Glad to see we love our pets.

raisincharlie said:
:laugh: One can always tell when I've had olives - it looks like I 've tried to slit my wrists.

I doubled over on this one!!!

BarnGoddess said:
Cats are absolutely amazing. You know of course, they own you. There's not a cat in the world that is owned by a human. I hear that all the time. "I don't like cats, but......"

My oldest son is devoted to his cats. It all started when a neighbor moved and couldn't keep "Tiger". I came in and saw Tiger sitting on the sofa, calmly cleaning himself and my son saying that Tiger was now our cat. That darn cat was more a dog that he was ever a cat. If I started the car, he was ready to go for a ride. Call him and he'd run to you like a dog. Tiger had a long life and unfortunately he had to make the decision when Tiger lost the use of his back legs. Tiger was a Silver Tabby. We later adopted a Russian Blue who lived to be 18. Dusty was another lovely pet. He likes dogs, but dotes on his cats. The BarnGod and I have 2 cats that live in the house and about 12 that live in the barnyard. They grow on you. All of our animals are so precious to us, small or large, equine, canine or feline. Glad to see we love our pets.
Cats love horses and vice versa - I read somewhere they are related ! Percy is a dog cat as well. We have boxers and Percy believes one of them is his Mum. He's nicer to the dogs than he is to me (I tease him too much I think). Oh well, still think they are strange little beasts, but entertaining !

jilly said:
I doubled over on this one!!!
It's true and I cannot read a book either without being bitten and having two claw paws rapped around my arm. The bugger is crazy I swear.

BarnGoddess said:

Oh I know about the "owning" part BG. Our Peppurr is man's best friend. Follows my hubby everywhere - maybe it's because of the jelly roll, lol. But, Peppurr uses the rest of us at his convenience.

Your place sounds absolutely wonderful with all your pets. You are so lucky. If I won a lottery, I think I'd buy a few acres and take in as many as I could from the shelter - cats and dogs. LOVE THEM!!

raisincharlie said:
Neat pictures Close - aren't cats interesting creatures ?

Here is a picture of Raisin (tall) speaking with Charles (short)

http://i148.photobucket.com/albums/s12/raisincharlie/RaisinandCharles.jpg
What a great photo rc. Nice to know where that nic comes from. Horses are such beautiful animals, and I do bet that Charles has a thing for the ladies. With that long mane, I'm sure he struts for the ladies.

Got my package much sooner than expected. You'll have mail waiting for you upon your return.

pack_fan said:
What a great photo rc. Nice to know where that nic comes from. Horses are such beautiful animals, and I do bet that Charles has a thing for the ladies. With that long mane, I'm sure he struts for the ladies.

Got my package much sooner than expected. You'll have mail waiting for you upon your return.
Yes, Charles believes he is something ! Those little guys are a mess - they believe they are much bigger and stronger than they appear ! Raisin is one of my thoroughbred mares - Charlie is a second TB mare and sister to Raisin - the difference between the two is like night and day.

Okay - guess what - the sun appeared today ! Suppose to be dry all weekend -ZOOM ZOOM ! I'm excited.

Thanks for the mail - I am hunting for something here in return - I'll know it when I see it ! :p

raisincharlie said:
Yes, Charles believes he is something ! Those little guys are a mess - they believe they are much bigger and stronger than they appear ! Raisin is one of my thoroughbred mares - Charlie is a second TB mare and sister to Raisin - the difference between the two is like night and day.

Okay - guess what - the sun appeared today ! Suppose to be dry all weekend -ZOOM ZOOM ! I'm excited.

Thanks for the mail - I am hunting for something here in return - I'll know it when I see it ! :p
I know you have been waiting for that sunshine. Got more than one horse to ride, huh?

Animals have personalities, just as people do. Some are quite finicky too. I have a pshycotic dog that thinks she "rules the roost" so to speak. She will let you know when it is time to eat or go out and will even nose you when it is time to go to bed. I have to remind her once in a while that she is not the boss. She still isn't buying it though.

No need for any return, it's more sentimental value than anything....

:laugh: :laugh: Oh yes, the pleasure of pets !

pack_fan said:
I know you have been waiting for that sunshine. Got more than one horse to ride, huh?

Animals have personalities, just as people do. Some are quite finicky too. I have a pshycotic dog that thinks she "rules the roost" so to speak. She will let you know when it is time to eat or go out and will even nose you when it is time to go to bed. I have to remind her once in a while that she is not the boss. She still isn't buying it though.

No need for any return, it's more sentimental value than anything....
I know I don't need to but given some of our shared interests and being where I am, I have something in mind that I know you could appreciate as much as me ! Have to do it !

As I posted the other day I am studying in England and I haven't gotten involved in a case here since SP. A couple of weeks ago I popped in to see if there was discussion about Britney Spears (no I'm not a fan but I feel for her and I don't have TV here). Then last weekend while I was in major procrastination mode and feeling lonely (my academic sugar daddy husband is in Canada), I decided to check in. Before I knew it I had spent the entire day reading the most recent threads on Michelle Young and Janet Araboa. (oooyyy me bad!)

Anyway, the funny part is that I was chatting with my husband online and he mentioned that he was getting a bunch of emails from Websleuths! Talk about getting caught out. He gave me such a hard time during the SP case for being on line so much. I was studying then as well, in addition to working full-time so I really couldn't afford the time, but during the trial it was hard not to follow what was going on and the Canadian news wasn't following it - and I can only put up with so much of Nancy Grace.

Anyway - does anyone know if I can permanently unsubscribe to a thread? Right now I have to remember to unsubscribe to a thread whenever I post so that my husband doesn't get emails at home. I guess I could change my email address as well but I don't really want the emails either.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Back to the studies...

Utopia

Utopia said:
SNIPPED Anyway - does anyone know if I can permanently unsubscribe to a thread? Right now I have to remember to unsubscribe to a thread whenever I post so that my husband doesn't get emails at home. I guess I could change my email address as well but I don't really want the emails either.

Any thoughts? Thanks. Back to the studies...

Utopia
What is email notification?If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

Thank you!! I think I've fixed it - now hubby won't get bugged and he won't bug me. Much appreciated.

U.

caffeinatd said:
What is email notification?If you post a new thread, or reply to an existing thread, you can choose to be notified by email when someone else replies to that thread. You can also choose to receive email notifications of new posts in a thread without posting in that thread, by clicking the 'Subscribe to this thread' link displayed in the thread page.

If you choose to stop receiving email notifications from a thread, you can turn off the option by either editing your post, or by unsubscribing from the thread here.

Only registered users may receive email notification, and they can set whether they want to receive email notification by default by editing their options.

Email notification is also referred to as 'Thread Subscription'.

OKAY...ACC is over...expect an influx of PACK fans...UGH GREAT try DUKE!!!

Utopia said:
Thank you!! I think I've fixed it - now hubby won't get bugged and he won't bug me. Much appreciated.

U.
YW...I learned the hard way!

caffeinatd said:
OKAY...ACC is over...expect an influx of PACK fans...UGH GREAT try DUKE!!!
Did someone say pack_fan? Don't be so distraught, at least you will get to play in the ncaa tournament. We have to win the acc to get in.

Sorry, I have to brag a bit though. Times like these have been few and far between lately. Thank you Sidney Lowe......

The lower ranked seeds have won all three games today, GO WAKE FOREST.

pack_fan said:
Did someone say pack_fan? Don't be so distraught, at least you will get to play in the ncaa tournament. We have to win the acc to get in.

Sorry, I have to brag a bit though. Times like these have been few and far between lately. Thank you Sidney Lowe......
A well deserved win...DUKE and unc in one year...dang Sidney is doing something

caffeinatd said:
A well deserved win...DUKE and unc in one year...dang Sidney is doing something
Sidney is the man. The job that he has done this year has been nothing short of amazing. Lost Cedric Simmons to the NBA, Andrew Brackman is playing baseball full time this year, and at least one of the recruits backed out of his commitment after Sendek left town. They played this year with 5 scholarship players, just amazing to think that they could even compete with UNC and Duke much less win against them. They made an interesting comment during the game. Said Brandon Costner was the only MCDonald's All American on State's team while Duke had six. Sidney Lowe has definitely brought some attitude back to Raleigh and it has been a long time coming. We haven't had that kind of fire since Jimmy V left. Just glad to see the guys playing like they want to win.

I am also a UNC and Duke fan as well (at least in basketball). I have a lot of respect for Roy Williams and Coach K. Both of them are class acts and recruit good kids, not just good basketball players. I wish them both the best of luck in the ncaa....

pack_fan

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member