The Trailer: Who, When and How

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the stolen Harley trailer was registered as a homemade trailer "within hours" of the theft. That means LE knows who registered it.

I think they know who registered it because they found it in the hangar in Waterloo and checked for registration. And since they have the report on the theft of the trailer and motorcycle, they can tell that the registration was within hours of the reported theft.

No reason why he wouldn't register it in his name. Especially if he was keeping it in Waterloo and if he wanted to use it, he needed to license it. Those trailers aren't that distinguishing and they don't have VIN numbers or anything that needs to be registered. Especially when you register it as "homemade".

Not to mention, it may have been quickly moved to one location (perhaps the condo or the house in Etobicoke) but needed a new license, registered to him, to move it further to Waterloo at a later date. If he hadn't done that and a police officer was behind him in traffic and had randomly decided to run a check on the trailer while it was being taken to Waterloo, he ran the risk of getting caught with it and the bike.

MOO

At this point it is fair to say, DM and MS showed up to test drive the truck. DP has at no time said DM was not involved...he has said "there is a bit of a story behind this" so imagining TB's abduction without DM figuring in just does not wash. DM was there, his lawyer has admitted it. If LE had got the wrong guy, or a guy who didn't see anything, DP would be crowing exactly that.

<rsbm>
I think it's fair to say that DM was involved as well and agree with the above. Considering his lawyer has flat out said his strategy is building a war room for the Millard case. If the evidence is the evidence, that's fine. What more is "behind" the evidence? (as DP noted below)

<bbm>
Paradkar’s calculated strategy in the Millard case includes building a “war room” to mobilize for the trial, including another lawyer, a collection of expert investigators and witnesses and a handful of law students.

“I like trial work more than plea-bargaining people,” he says. “The evidence is the evidence. It’s what behind it that makes the case.”

http://www.thestar.com/news/crime/2...deepak_paradkar_i_treat_trials_like_wars.html

Well, I still wonder how a man with his means would want to steal a item like a Harley, now, if he has a chop shop running, he is likely making mark ups on the parts etc. I am sure when the dust settles, we might see how these items were sold and where they were sold to.

It is a pretty good alibi saying that he simply has the means to buy it, why would he steal it....but then again, DM would have to prove that he had purchased it from someone who might of stole it.

With him closing up Millard Air, DM would need some sort of income and the chop shop would be it. JMO.

I thought that the Harley was pretty much found with all it's parts, just had the serial numbers scratched off of everything and it had been dismantled. Except for the seat, where the owner had put it in a secret place. Smart guy.

So it doesn't appear as though they had a "client" who was looking for Harley parts. Which is why I think it was stolen just for "fun". I bet he had a blast driving it around the hangar before taking it apart to see how it works. Like a little boy and his toy.

DM didn't need a source of income with Millardair closing. Millardair hadn't been operating for years. He had already instructed his CEO to start selling the plane equipment in the hangar and to find someone it lease it. I believe the family still owns a hangar at Pearson that Air Transat is leasing from them. So if that is the case and that hangar was not sold, there was some income coming in. Just not a lot if the only income DM was getting was the hangar lease at Pearson. Well it would be a lot for the average person likely but DM seemed to have expensive tastes in things that he actually had to pay for like trips and real estate. I think a "chop shop" takes a bit more sophistication than what I saw in the pictures of both hangars. All I saw were some young men playing with cars. And it appeared to me that they were actually buying parts for some of those cars rather than selling them.

MOO

Don't forget the stolen Harley trailer was registered as a homemade trailer "within hours" of the theft. That means LE knows who registered it.

I wonder if any of them knows Chico or J Camp from Hamilton. These guys were into "homemade trailers" and Bobcat skid steers:

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highli...hdGVzdC9yc2MtMTk4NS1jLWMtNDYuaHRtbCNzZWMzNTQB

Mr. Camp said that Chico told him he had other equipment, big and small, to dispose of including a skid steer and a closed cargo trailer.

One of DM's friends was shown in a FB pic where someone else referred to him as "the dirty mexican". "Chico" sounds a tch Mexicanish, no?

OH, and one of the Bobcats in the above linked case was stolen from a shopping centre in Oakville .. it was an S250 Turbo:

[ame="http://www.google.ca/search?site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1280&bih=600&q=bobcat+S250+Turbo&oq=bobcat+S250+Turbo&gs_l=img.3..0i24l2.630.4447.0.5521.16.12.3.0.0.0.822.4158.3j2j1j1j2j1j2.12.0...0.0...1ac.1.16.img.rdk60GYCyPg"]bobcat S250 Turbo - Google Search[/ame]

OH, and one of the Bobcats in the above linked case was stolen from a shopping centre in Oakville .. it was an S250 Turbo:

bobcat S250 Turbo - Google Search

The tracked skid steer that was taken away from the farm was a specific Japanese made TAKEUCHI, not a 'Bobcat', but someone pointed out that there was also a "Bobcat" located at DM's house in one of the early MSM reports, so there are two similar machines related to DM. I'm not sure if the one at the house was actually a "Bobcat" unit or just what the reporter called it because they thought all machines like that were called "Bobcat".

The tracked skid steer that was taken away from the farm was a specific Japanese made TAKEUCHI, not a 'Bobcat', but someone pointed out that there was also a "Bobcat" located at DM's house in one of the early MSM reports, so there are two similar machines related to DM. I'm not sure if the one at the house was actually a "Bobcat" unit or just what the reporter called it because they thought all machines like that were called "Bobcat".

I can go one further. The track loader from the farm was a model TL 240. An identical unit with "United rentals" stickers is pictured on a construction project on a FB friend of the Dee Em account. I wonder if United is missing a Track Loader. I don't know how to remove the source from FB photos but I saved the link to it just in case.

I wonder if any of them knows Chico or J Camp from Hamilton. These guys were into "homemade trailers" and Bobcat skid steers:

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highli...hdGVzdC9yc2MtMTk4NS1jLWMtNDYuaHRtbCNzZWMzNTQB

One of DM's friends was shown in a FB pic where someone else referred to him as "the dirty mexican". "Chico" sounds a tch Mexicanish, no?

bobcat S250 Turbo - Google Search

Thanks so much for posting these links...Chico, chico, chico...Wasn't that the name of EMG's "childhood pony"???

http://yourlifemoments.ca/sitepages/obituary.asp?oid=503761

I am aware of the Takeuchi (and was posting about it earlier in this thread ..it is believed to be the make/model that was being towed from the farm). Am also aware of the pic with the "Bobcat" (iirc, it was on DM's friends FB and had the United Rental sticker on it). What I was getting at was the Hamilton/Oakville connection in the cited case and the involvement with stolen trailers being registered as "homemade" , and skid steers stolen from rental companies.

I am aware of the Takeuchi (and was posting about it earlier in this thread ..it is believed to be the make/model that was being towed from the farm). Am also aware of the pic with the "Bobcat" (iirc, it was on DM's friends FB and had the United Rental sticker on it). What I was getting at was the Hamilton/Oakville connection in the cited case and the involvement with stolen trailers being registered as "homemade" , and skid steers stolen from rental companies.

Heavy equipment and small industrial equipment like skid steers/equip. trailers are hot items and big money on the "market," much bigger money than autos and you don't have to send them overseas to get big money.

silly/musical - That obituary is driving me nuts! It's just so strange!

I must be getting really jaded because after reading through some of that file I was immediately of the opinion that there was no "Chico" and that JC stole those items himself.

:scared:

I must be getting really jaded because after reading through some of that file I was immediately of the opinion that there was no "Chico" and that JC stole those items himself.

:scared:

Well he comes up as owner of TCC Construction but there's not much other information about the company...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme