The Trailer: Who, When and How

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I must be getting really jaded because after reading through some of that file I was immediately of the opinion that there was no "Chico" and that JC stole those items himself.

:scared:

I don't think so Kamille. JC was charged with possession but not theft, and at no time was there an indication by the Crown or the Judge that Chico did not exist. In his final Analysis, Judge Schwarzl notes:

On the whole of the evidence that I accept, I find that the prosecution has proven beyond a reasonable doubt that John Camp was aware of the need to make inquiries about the origins of each piece of construction equipment but that he did not because he did not want to know the truth which was that each had been stolen when he bought them.

I wonder if any of them knows Chico or J Camp from Hamilton. These guys were into "homemade trailers" and Bobcat skid steers:

http://www.canlii.org/eliisa/highli...hdGVzdC9yc2MtMTk4NS1jLWMtNDYuaHRtbCNzZWMzNTQB

One of DM's friends was shown in a FB pic where someone else referred to him as "the dirty mexican". "Chico" sounds a tch Mexicanish, no?

OH, and one of the Bobcats in the above linked case was stolen from a shopping centre in Oakville .. it was an S250 Turbo:

bobcat S250 Turbo - Google Search

Silly - I just wanted to say that this is an extremely interesting link that you found. Imperial Roof is located about an 18 minute drive from Kleinburg. Lots of other interesting locations and links in this document.

moo

Silly - I just wanted to say that this is an extremely interesting link that you found. Imperial Roof is located about an 18 minute drive from Kleinburg. Lots of other interesting locations and links in this document.

moo

I think so too. Now it's bugging the heck out of me because when I found it last night (was searching for precedents on VINs), I also came across a case in Vaughan. Skipped on by, and later when I went to find it, couldn't :(

Did you notice that JC's lawyer has the initials DP ? :floorlaugh::floorlaugh:

What I say ?

So if the pony doesn't exist, then who would have made it up? EG? WM? DM? Whomever wrote the obituary? And what would someone stand to gain from fabricating the existence of a childhood pet?

And how could one even begin to confirm or discredit the ponies existence? Certainly there is no way to access ownership records of ponies in England in the 1950's! JMO.

Um. I was joking. Sort of...

For the reasons you cite, it is next to impossible to ascertain whether or not the pony story is true.

Well he comes up as owner of T** Construction but there's not much other information about the company...
<edit by me with **, just in case>

If you google <"t** construction" ontario>, first hit comes up that it is a Mexican company, Ontario addy, with connections to Baja.

I found this:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAPnWHUx3Ro"]Hamilton Crime Stopper Re-enactment September 15, 2011 Construction Equipment Theft - YouTube[/ame]

Hmm .. suburban type vehicle looks darn near like a GMC Yukon. Wish the pic of the 2 suspects was a bit more clear ... big guys, with one in lower right looking possibly familiar?

If you google <"t** construction" ontario>, first hit comes up that it is a Mexican company, Ontario addy, with connections to Baja.

Found your link. Very weird. As are the names involved. ???

I can go one further. The track loader from the farm was a model TL 240. An identical unit with "United rentals" stickers is pictured on a construction project on a FB friend of the Dee Em account. I wonder if United is missing a Track Loader. I don't know how to remove the source from FB photos but I saved the link to it just in case.

I believe this picture was taken in Manitoba.

Yes, but it has a different owner and an Ottawa area code.

Yes, but it has a different owner and an Ottawa area code.

Yes, I saw that. It used to be that when registering a limited company in Ontario, one had to do a name search to ensure there was no duplication.

According to this link, it appears that sole proprietorships also have to be registered now, unless your business name is your own name:

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/startup/a/regontario.htm

You may operate a sole proprietorship using your own name, with no additions. If you choose to do this, you don't need to register your business' name. If you call it anything else, however, your business name must be registered with the Companies Branch of the Ministry of Consumer and Business Services. So if I set up my business as a sole proprietorship and do business under the name "Susan Ward" I don't need to register it. If I want to use the name "Susan Ward & Sons" or "Ward's Word Emporium", then I need to go through the business registration procedure.

So, I'm questioning how there would be two companies registered with the same name

So, I'm questioning how there would be two companies registered with the same name
<snip>

Called Services Ontario, and they advise that you can register a name the same as another if it is a sole proprietorship because there is no name protection in that form of name registration.

Sorry, no link or recorded phone call ;)

Hmm .. suburban type vehicle looks darn near like a GMC Yukon. Wish the pic of the 2 suspects was a bit more clear ... big guys, with one in lower right looking possibly familiar?

An uncanny resemblance . Sort of reminds me of the picture with DM an the bald guy in front of the red dodge and black trailer.

An uncanny resemblance . Sort of reminds me of the picture with DM an the bald guy in front of the red dodge and black trailer.

I often wonder why there's been no mention of SS from LE.
I wish someone in the media would've mentioned THAT name at a presser!!!

Yes, I saw that. It used to be that when registering a limited company in Ontario, one had to do a name search to ensure there was no duplication.

According to this link, it appears that sole proprietorships also have to be registered now, unless your business name is your own name:

http://sbinfocanada.about.com/cs/startup/a/regontario.htm

I wonder if it could also be just that the initials are used as the short version of the full company name. When I first searched, the first company that came up was actually one that started in Calgary and has operation centres in Abbotsford, BC and Burlington, Ontario.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme