The Use of the Shovel

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If I needed to break into my shed, a shovel would not be the first tool on my mind to use for this. Her car was there, she should have a jack and a tire iron which usually has a pry bar end on it. Why not use that to break in with? it would have been easier and she wouldn't have had to borrow anything.

The shovel confuses me. If she could break into the shed why borrow a shovel? Why not just use their shovel?

As far as the shovel use goes, if she dug up roots wouldn't the GPs have noticed that she dug around in the back yard? Why not just say "Yes she borrowed a shovel to dig up roots and here is the exact spot where she did it?

The only thing ever mentioned that was dug up in the yard was the bush/tree/whatever that both Anthonys agree was moved. If she did bury Caylee in the backyard temporarily that makes both her statements and her parents statements suspect IMO.

well, ya know.... KC does seem to be the good, wholesome, helpful type who would dig up roots for her dear mother after cussing her out a few days before. hehe :rolleyes:

This may have been mentioned, but when you see the inside of the garage from the video cam, it seems almost certain that there are a ton of tools in there can could be used to open the shed, without borrowing a shovel from the neighbor.

Do we know if she actually pulled into the garage, or just backed into the driveway? Maybe the garage door was locked too.

Sorry if this is already somewhere else, I did a search but nothing came up.

I was rewatching the GA interviews from august. I found some interesting stuff.

~GA says Casey would have needed to borrow the shovel because he had put a new lock on the shed since the stolen gas can situation on the 24th. He says on the 24th. So that means the shovel had to have been borrowed AFTER the 24th, but before the 27th when the car gets towed. That's only a 3 day difference, and considering the car was towed @ 7am IIRC, then it's really more like 2 days.

~The neighbor says Casey borrowed the shovel before he went on vacation - he doesn't tell GA when he went on vacation. Does anyone know? This would help narrow down the timeline. I thought it was determined that casey borrowed the shovel around the 16th-18th time range, but now I'm wondering if that's fact or speculation. And if it's fact then there's discrepencies because how can the reason that casey borrowed the shovel be that the "new" lock was on the shed if that incident hadn't happen yet.

~GA says Casey would have needed to borrow the shovel because he had put a new lock on the shed since the stolen gas can situation on the 24th. He says on the 24th. So that means the shovel had to have been borrowed AFTER the 24th, but before the 27th when the car gets towed. That's only a 3 day difference, and considering the car was towed @ 7am IIRC, then it's really more like 2 days.

~The neighbor says Casey borrowed the shovel before he went on vacation - he doesn't tell GA when he went on vacation. Does anyone know? This would help narrow down the timeline. I thought it was determined that casey borrowed the shovel around the 16th-18th time range, but now I'm wondering if that's fact or speculation. And if it's fact then there's discrepencies because how can the reason that casey borrowed the shovel be that the "new" lock was on the shed if that incident hadn't happen yet.

According to the docs. she borrowed the shovel on the 18th of June, the second day she backed her car in, IIRC. Could have been the 17th?? My question is, why didn't Cindy & George question why she would have borrowed the shovel to cut a piece of bamboo from the yard. Do they really believe:eek: that she took such an interest with yard maintenance:eek: For her, to make such an effort, to go to the Neighbor for such a mundane reason, makes NO sense! CA questions nothing that KC does, because she is too busy explaining ridiculous scenerios to those with no brains!

The Anthonys have a big problem with dates and times -

you cant depend upon what they say

I think GA was doing a big misdirect .................

IIRC - the shovel was borrowed 16th- 18th

According to the docs. she borrowed the shovel on the 18th of June, the second day she backed her car in, IIRC. Could have been the 17th?? My question is, why didn't Cindy & George question why she would have borrowed the shovel to cut a piece of bamboo from the yard. Do they really believe:eek: that she took such an interest with yard maintenance:eek: For her, to make such an effort, to go to the Neighbor for such a mundane reason, makes NO sense! CA questions nothing that KC does, because she is too busy explaining ridiculous scenerios to those with no brains!

Yeah, it is so puzzling that they do not grill her.... CA should have asked: "so Casey, why did you want to dig up bamboo during the time that you, Firstly, told me you were on a bonding trip with Caylee with ppl who don't exist, and then we find out you are not, and your daughter has actually been stolen. I am confused? The kidnapping of your daughter triggers you to burrow the neighbors shovel either because it inspires a sudden interset in landscaping, Part of your "investigation" in finding Caylee, or You are in volved in her dissapearence. Which is it KC?"
And these folks claim they do not understand what led almost an entire nation to point at KC. Can they really not see why they would? I better take a time out....

~Khaki

And I also thought it was narrowed down to the shovel being borrowed the 16th-18th. So why, in such a raw and honest interview (GA was being extremely honest with most stuff in that interview - I can't say in everything because I don't know what else he knows), why would he say that YES it was after the gas cans incident on the 24th?

So is it to just be diregarded because GA and CA have been known to lie? I think in those interviews at that time, he was telling the truth about what he thought. It seems that AFTER all that is when CA started filling his head with what lies to tell.

Has anyone else wondered why you would want to search for shovels on the internet anyway? Did someone not know what they look like?

Has anyone else wondered why you would want to search for shovels on the internet anyway? Did someone not know what they look like?

Brilliant minds must think alike because I always wondered about that too!:)
A shovel is a very basic thing. Do we know anything more about the search? IE did she hit on a shovel website or what???? Crazy!

And I also thought it was narrowed down to the shovel being borrowed the 16th-18th. So why, in such a raw and honest interview (GA was being extremely honest with most stuff in that interview - I can't say in everything because I don't know what else he knows), why would he say that YES it was after the gas cans incident on the 24th?

So is it to just be diregarded because GA and CA have been known to lie? I think in those interviews at that time, he was telling the truth about what he thought. It seems that AFTER all that is when CA started filling his head with what lies to tell.

I think George wanted to be as honest as he could, from the very beginning. Think of his initial statements to LE, about how he couldn't face knowing he brought someone into this world that could do that to another human being. He also, always wanted these statements, to be, just between himself & LE. IMHO, he couldn't live in that house, without going along with CA's beliefs, & was torn by also knowing the truth would kill her.

Kindly link that interview of George's where he stated: Casey would have needed to borrow the shovel because he had put a new lock on the shed since the stolen gas can situation on the 24th.

Yeah, it is so puzzling that they do not grill her.... CA should have asked: "so Casey, why did you want to dig up bamboo during the time that you, Firstly, told me you were on a bonding trip with Caylee with ppl who don't exist, and then we find out you are not, and your daughter has actually been stolen. I am confused? The kidnapping of your daughter triggers you to burrow the neighbors shovel either because it inspires a sudden interset in landscaping, Part of your "investigation" in finding Caylee, or You are in volved in her dissapearence. Which is it KC?"
And these folks claim they do not understand what led almost an entire nation to point at KC. Can they really not see why they would? I better take a time out....

~Khaki

ITA! I tell you what if I was "friends or family" of KC, those would be my types of questions. I wonder if CA or anyone else for that matter put it to her like that.

ITA! I tell you what if I was "friends or family" of KC, those would be my types of questions. I wonder if CA or anyone else for that matter put it to her like that.
Now...Since you mention this "friends of family" I have to take the opportunity to repeat myself yet again...I think that that Caylee's father is a "friend" of the family...In fact, I think that it's quite possible that he's a friend of GA's. In one of several lengthy interviews he had with OCSC and the FBI he was asked who he thought KC might possibly talk to about what happened and GA answered...A close family friend. COINKY DOINKY has it that this person's last name sounds exactly like Caylee's name! I am stuck on thinking this could be Caylee's father. There. I said it. My 2 cents.

MOO

so, what if the shovel what not borrowed for digging- but for lifting or loosening up pavers to put at burial site? It was reported by the A's that the storage box next to the pool had been moved- I would think that the box sat on pavers and not in a pool of mud. Could KC have moved the box and taken the pavers out from under it, thinking they would not be missed?
KC reportedly backed into the driveway or garage 2-3 times. She would only have been able to handle 1-3 pavers at a time, I would suspect. Just enough to mark the site.
Just my opinion.

Geez...didn't George have a shovel she could use? Why would she be borrowing the neighbor's shovel in the first place?
And speaking of breaking into the shed, wasn't TL there with her when she did that and wouldn't he have stated that KC borrowed the neighbor's shovel if that had indeed been the purpose of it? IIRC, I believe the neighbor, BB, stated that the shovel incident happened on the 18th or so, and that the purpose of it definitely had something to do with the aftermath of Caylee's murder, not stealing gas cans.

so, what if the shovel what not borrowed for digging- but for lifting or loosening up pavers to put at burial site? It was reported by the A's that the storage box next to the pool had been moved- I would think that the box sat on pavers and not in a pool of mud. Could KC have moved the box and taken the pavers out from under it, thinking they would not be missed?
KC reportedly backed into the driveway or garage 2-3 times. She would only have been able to handle 1-3 pavers at a time, I would suspect. Just enough to mark the site.
Just my opinion.

Probably already discussed, but wasn't there two sets of three pavers each? If they were size of 12x12 stones, she may have needed shovel but if there were size of bricks, she wouldn't have had problem. Does any documents report if pavers match each other and/or home pavers? Could they have been placed on either side of where Caylee was dumped as markers?

According to Tracy's interview

From the 9/4 doc dump. 2 parts - 30 MB and 4 MB.

Click on the link, hit the "Download This File" button, it will ask you to put in some Captcha numbers/letters, and then will download. About 30 MB file.

http://www.filedropper.com/tracymcpt1

http://www.filedropper.com/tracymcpt2

KC used the shovel to remove the ladder from the pool. I wish, I wish she would have asked KC where Caylee was at that time, when she was fishing the ladder out of the pool.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Noseynellie1234
Back