The Verdict is In - post your thoughts here

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I recall, you didn't do your duck bit until the day they were brought up in court.

Do you really think they only brought the ducks up to counter evidence of a struggle in the foyer in response to YOUR posts? LOL

I recall Lawsy discussing his/her theory of one of the ducks being used as the murder weapon long before the ducks were located. IIRC, the theory was that the edge of one of the ducks made the mark on nancy's neck where the hyoid bone was partially fractured. Again, IIRC, the theory was the duck was used to incapacitate and cause nancy to lapse into unconsciousness, whereupon brad merely had to use pressure long enough to render an unconscious nancy, dead. I'm certain I didn't express this exactly how Lawsey did, but that was my basic understand of their theory, BEFORE the ducks were 'flown in'. :great:

WoW, some defensive postering in this post. Do you know these folks who are outraged as you say? If not, what basis do you make such comments? I would love to hear if you sampled the teeth, the credentials , and their educational level to make such comments? If so, please share with us. Don't know that I am outraged, I do know some law, have multiple degrees, and I got all of my "teethies." But I sure would have liked to hear the rest of the defense rebuttal to the computer evidence. Would I be one of these outraged folks about whom you speak so fondly?

My teeth comment was made somewhat in jest, from my own small sampling, much like kurtz', of posts that were yelling, ranting, inciting a riot-type words. Not posts such as here, that give reasons, thought out theories, etc. The couple times I waded into golo, I came away feeling like I'd been surrounded by a lynch mob. MOO MOO MOO

'Sudden attack on Kurtz'? What exactly is *sudden* about it? I've said all along I thought Kurtz was out of his element on this case. I've stated I thought his questions were often times poorly worded, unable to understand, and worded in such a way as to elicit an objection as to form of question from the prosecution. A number of times either Trenkle, the judge, and even one of the prosecutors had to make suggestions as to how to word the question properly. IMO, if I'm on trial for a first degree murder charge, I'd like a properly *seasoned* defense lawyer. MOO One could tell Trenkle has 'been through the trenches before', kurtz, not so much. MOO

I think everybody sees things differntly. Trenkle is probably better litigator but Kurtz has a great mind IMO. I dare say many of us could have done what he did for the last 2.5 years. He had a tremendous amount of information to negotiate through. Heck though i don't care whether you like him, I do. Of course, I would hope we both don't need one for first degree homicide.

My teeth comment was made somewhat in jest, from my own small sampling, much like kurtz', of posts that were yelling, ranting, inciting a riot-type words. Not posts such as here, that give reasons, thought out theories, etc. The couple times I waded into golo, I came away feeling like I'd been surrounded by a lynch mob. MOO MOO MOO

Well, that other group does not have the well thought out thinking that exists here (see we do agree sometimes). However, I would never second guess their background. Secondly, I have been there and seen radical comments from the prosecution side: (Example: One word GUILTY). So I prefer WS. And, I think and suspect that Kurtz did too. Now it was mentioned that BZ used Twitter. That is as bad as the site you mentioned.

For those few good WS buddies that asked if I died, I did not! I found that not posting, just reading the posters whom I chose to read...is all I need. I'm glad you cared enough to ask and to say nice comments about me. That was unexpected and nice of you.

As to the Brad Cooper, I really really got tired of reading the same old things over and over, even after he's rec'd the guilty verdict. I will say that I had no idea what would be coming as a verdict, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Now, on to the next trial of Jason Young.

I do wonder what goes on in these criminal minds. Also, wonder what it smells like in Central Prison, do the inmates smell dirty (or are they required to wear deodorant, etc.), is the food really awful, do you really have to watch your back at all times, etc. I would love a "day in the life" documentary of Brad or some other prisoner who is doing life at Central.

Seriously, I could not make it. The first thing that would do me in is the lack of privacy on that toilet in the middle of the room. I would be learning the bedsheet ties to hang myself from a pipe on the ceiling. But then, I could not do that either.

I guess you must pay with a life of hell on earth for doing the deeds that get you into prison in the first place. Karma.

ETA: I was t/o'd I've decided that it isn't worth posting to have someone slapping me on the wrist and not being very professional about how they handle those issues. I'll only post when it becomes worthwhile to me, but I am checking my important posters who mean a lot to me with what they have to say. That's all that matters. In the end, I make my decisions, no one else.

Although I didn't get to know you very well, I subsequently heard of your reputation for truth and logic here. I'm glad to hear you are still with us, happy to read your post, and wish you well. :)

That means we're due for one.

Kurtz would not make a bold statement regarding the computer frame job unless he had evidence to back it. Who would? And why? It would be a foolish thing to do.

Even David Westerfield's lawyer made claims and assertions towards *his* appeal.

For those few good WS buddies that asked if I died, I did not! I found that not posting, just reading the posters whom I chose to read...is all I need. I'm glad you cared enough to ask and to say nice comments about me. That was unexpected and nice of you.

As to the Brad Cooper, I really really got tired of reading the same old things over and over, even after he's rec'd the guilty verdict. I will say that I had no idea what would be coming as a verdict, and I was pleasantly surprised.

Now, on to the next trial of Jason Young.

I do wonder what goes on in these criminal minds. Also, wonder what it smells like in Central Prison, do the inmates smell dirty (or are they required to wear deodorant, etc.), is the food really awful, do you really have to watch your back at all times, etc. I would love a "day in the life" documentary of Brad or some other prisoner who is doing life at Central.

Seriously, I could not make it. The first thing that would do me in is the lack of privacy on that toilet in the middle of the room. I would be learning the bedsheet ties to hang myself from a pipe on the ceiling. But then, I could not do that either.

I guess you must pay with a life of hell on earth for doing the deeds that get you into prison in the first place. Karma.

ETA: I was t/o'd I've decided that it isn't worth posting to have someone slapping me on the wrist and not being very professional about how they handle those issues. I'll only post when it becomes worthwhile to me, but I am checking my important posters who mean a lot to me with what they have to say. That's all that matters. In the end, I make my decisions, no one else.

Well, I for one am pretty darn happy to see a post from you! Sure hope you are feeling better.
I could not take the smells and odors of prison life for 3 minutes. I have a girlfriend in Florida who works in a men's prison and how she does it I don't know.
I can handle sights--no matter how awful they may be, but odors are something I can't handle at all.

Give it another day or 2 sunshine and this thread will dry up.
Cooper will be assigned to his permant concrete and steel home in a few weeks. When I find out, <modsnip>.

I suspect in a few years we will hear of his appeal being heard and denied. Then, a few more years, yet another appeal denied.

That would be great, in fact please post his address publicly so others can send letters of support too.

I disagree and hope you are wrong about the appeal. I don't think this is going away. Too much public pressure will not be ignored.

Maybe I will start a forum to discuss this further on Yahoo.
(Mods, if I do, can I post a link here? )

Even David Westerfield's lawyer made claims and assertions towards *his* appeal.

I wish we didn't have to constantly compare this to other cases. This case is clearly unique with so little evidence and the only evidence is questionable.

PLease do not even think about asking members to reveal any personal information about themselves. Particularly when it is to make generalizations or disparaging remarks about those details.
Protecting our anonymity and details about our backgrounds should be everyone's priority.
Thanks.

where this post lands is random

That would be great, in fact please post his address publicly so others can send letters of support too.

I disagree and hope you are wrong about the appeal. I don't think this is going away. Too much public pressure will not be ignored.

Maybe I will start a forum to discuss this further on Yahoo.
(Mods, if I do, can I post a link here? )

I believe that you can continue to keep up with BC through Kurtz. He did say he needed some and all of the help he could get so contact him. I suspect this thread will close in a few days, and people will be on to JY or another trial. But the one thing that will keep this going IMO is the computer evidence and circumstances surrounding it. Finally, I am most surprised that the BDI'ers really care whatsoever what Kurtz or any of the BII folks say or do. So, I guess they really are still concerned about things.

I'm in Calgary at the airport right now, only 3 and a half hours from Edmonton. Wish I had some extra time! :)

I believe that you can continue to keep up with BC through Kurtz. He did say he needed some and all of the help he could get so contact him. I suspect this thread will close in a few days, and people will be on to JY or another trial. But the one thing that will keep this going IMO is the computer evidence and circumstances surrounding it. Finally, I am most surprised that the BDI'ers really care whatsoever what Kurtz or any of the BII folks say or do. So, I guess they really are still concerned about things.

Nah! Just wanted to see if any of the SODDIs ever let it go. :)

http://webapps6.doc.state.nc.us/opi...turl=pagelistoffendersearchresults&listpage=1

Custody Classification: CLOSE
Current Status: FELON
Admission Date: 05/05/2011 Admitting Location :CENTRAL PRISON

viewpicture.do

I remember the David Westerfield case very well. His supporters (mostly women, I think) were determined to break him out of San Quentin. There was a message board in San Diego that continued to stay active for years after he was sent to death row, with the diehards arguing for Westy, sending him letters and money, etc.

It's pretty creative what people will come up with to explain away evidence, even when there is blood evidence, which is the thing most people want to see in a capital case, which did exist in the Westerfield case.

LE planting evidence is always a staple at #1 on the list, and someone will point to some old case where some crooked cop threw a gun down at a scene to make it look like the perp had a gun (as if that has anything to do with the case they are comparing). Someone heard of some crooked politician or a bad DA or they will refer back to some case in the 50's or the 70's or even a more recent one in a neighboring county or state and insist the same thing happened to the current perp. For what reason the perp is the victim of a wide reaching conspiracy, no one can ever say, but people just know in their heart it had to have happened to their guy cause it did happen before at some point, to someone else.

I found it ironic when Kurtz was describing the dungeon BC would have to live in if convicted and thought to myself, "now what police detective would want to plant evidence, get caught, and then get sent to that same hellhole for life? Seriously? Brad would be worth that kind of risk?" That's the sentence they would be dealt for planting evidence in a capital case, btw. Life in prison. No thank you. Brad Cooper would not be worth that.

Nah! Just wanted to see if any of the SODDIs ever let it go. :)

I doubt that will happen with the folks who question any aspect of this trial. I am sure it won't happen with the BDDI group. And, you know there is not one thing wrong with that IMO. What is wrong is chastising individuals for having their individual opinions, and that includes generalizing socioeconomical backgrounds, educational achievements, and knowledge of the law. MOO

Looks like Central prison suites Brad.
Best photo I have seen in 2 1/2 years.
Almost looks like they air-brushed some color on his face.

I find it interesting that WRAL chose to clip the interview for their sound bites to make it seem as though Kurtz is simple pointing at LE planting evidence. It has clearly worked with the BDI crowd. If you listen to the actual interview or read the entire article you clearly see that is not what he said at all. In fact he clearly said he was not saying that CPD tampered with the evidence.

I think BOZ's post verdict comments may help secure that appeal since he was so pleased that the Google search is what led to the guilty verdict.

I remember the David Westerfield case very well. His supporters (mostly women, I think) were determined to break him out of San Quentin. There was a message board in San Diego that continued to stay active for years after he was sent to death row, with the diehards arguing for Westy, sending him letters and money, etc.

It's pretty creative what people will come up with to explain away evidence, even when there is blood evidence, which is the thing most people want to see in a capital case, which did exist in the Westerfield case.

LE planting evidence is always a staple at #1 on the list, and someone will point to some old case where some crooked cop threw a gun down at a scene to make it look like the perp had a gun (as if that has anything to do with the case they are comparing). Someone heard of some crooked politician or a bad DA or they will refer back to some case in the 50's or the 70's or even a more recent one in a neighboring county or state and insist the same thing happened to the current perp. For what reason the perp is the victim of a wide reaching conspiracy, no one can ever say, but people just know in their heart it had to have happened to their guy cause it did happen before at some point, to someone else.

I found it ironic when Kurtz was describing the dungeon BC would have to live in if convicted and thought to myself, "now what police detective would want to plant evidence, get caught, and then get sent to that same hellhole for life? Seriously? Brad would be worth that kind of risk?" That's the sentence they would be dealt for planting evidence in a capital case, btw. Life in prison. No thank you. Brad Cooper would not be worth that.

True generalized statements. I agree. Exception is we now know that LE is not so clean and upright in all cases. Sadly, even those instilled with the responsibility to protect us sometimes go astray. Then when you have any evidence of suspicious behavior from LE in a case, the Red Flag goes up. Justice may have been served in this case but it was not without questionable errors by LE and an inability to allow the jury to hear the rebuttal of the computer maps. That will haunt this case for some time and probably should be closely scrutinized by our court system. Additionally, the alleged planting of the files may not have been by LE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeeKay