The Verdict Waiting Room #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Lunch time...no idea what's in the bag...lucky dip today :)

lunch-bags.jpg

So far today...

DAY 19 BADEN-CLAY TRIAL – AWAITING A VERDICT - WEBSLEUTHS THREAD COLLECTION – TWEETS
http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?249841-The-Verdict-Waiting-Room-2

In order of postings on WS by the Websleuth Re-Tweet Team – Team FREYA1977, AMEE, MARLYWINGS, WEWILLGETYOU

DAY 19 COMMENCES

• Gerard #badenclay's sister & brother have arrived at court to wait for a verdict @9NewsBrisbane
• No sign of a verdict yet as the #badenclay jury continues deliberations. We are into wk 6 of the trial. @7NewsBrisbane
• Jurors tasked with deciding the fate of alleged wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay will resume their deliberations on Monday.
----------
The jury retired to consider a verdict in the case on Thursday and with no sign of a verdict on Friday, they were sent home for the weekend.
Baden-Clay has pleaded not guilty to murdering his wife Allison in April 2012.
Her body was found on a creek bank at Anstead in Brisbane's west on April 30, ten days after her husband reported her missing from their home in nearby Brookfield.
https://au.news.yahoo.com/a/24449886...ions-continue/
----------
• Week 6 of the #badenclay murder trial begins. We are still waiting for a verdict from the jury. @abcnews
• #badenclay trial has entered its sixth week. Jurors continue to deliberate. @9NewsBrisbane
• 9 has a team standing by for #badenclay verdict. Follow @renaehenry9 @ebonycavallaro @DarrenCurtis9 @clarephunter @Loftea @MarkWBurrows
• Gerard #badenclay's parents arrive at court as trial enters 6th week. Jury deliberations underway. @abcnews pic.twitter.com/NRzrnQI9Pu
• Gerard #badenclay's patents have just arrived at court
• Back on #badenclay jury watch. No verdict after more than 12 hours deliberating @NewsTalk4BC
• Gerard's parents have arrived at court. A large continent of Allison's family and friends have been here since early AM. #badenclay
• Day 20 in the Gerard Baden-Clay murder trial. The jury continue to deliberate. @7NewsBrisbane #badenclay
• We'll go to air as soon as #badenclay verdict is delivered. I'll be in courtroom, @emmykubainski @SharynGhidella & @EAtkinson7 will be live.
• Also standing by for #badenclay verdict in Brookfield are @KayMcGrath7 and @Kim_Skubris7 . We'll have all angles covered. @7NewsBrisbane
• Week 6 of the #badenclay trial and the jury are still deliberating. Small group of people outside the court room awaiting verdict.
• Day 20, Week 6, of the Gerard Baden-Clay Supreme Court murder trial. Jury still deliberating. He's pleaded not guilty to murder. #badenclay
• #7NewsQ is comprehensively covering the Gerard #BadenClay trial. @katrinablowers and @emmykubainski are at court. pic.twitter.com/dRIWu3EsyA
• Wait is back on at the #BadenClay murder trial, as jurors resume their deliberations. @ebonycavallaro will be LIVE in #9News at 11:00am.
----------
Baden-Clay jury to return on Monday
THE trial of accused wife killer Gerard Baden-Clay will enter its sixth week when jurors resume their deliberations today.
The seven male and five female jurors have spent 12 hours deciding whether the 43-year-old murdered his wife in April 2012. They retired on Thursday afternoon, the 18th day of the trial.
The body of Allison Baden-Clay, 43, was found on a creek bank at Anstead west of Brisbane on April 30, 2012.
The discovery was made 10 days after Baden-Clay reported her missing from their home 13km away in Brookfield.
Jurors have been told they can consider a manslaughter verdict — unintentional killing — if they find Baden-Clay not guilty of murder.
Prosecutors say the former real estate agent probably smothered his wife at their house and dumped her body where it was found under the Kholo Creek bridge.
They say he was under significant personal and financial pressure and had promised his mistress he would be separated by July 1 that year.
The father of three vehemently denied the allegations during his trial, and his defence team suggested Allison jumped or fell to her death after taking an extra dose of antidepressants and walking off during the night.
They pointed to the mother of three’s history of depression and toxicology results that showed elevated levels of an antidepressant and alcohol in her system.
Details of Baden-Clay’s multiple affairs, large debts and Allison’s history of depression were laid bare before packed courtrooms.
http://www.couriermail.com.au/news/q...-1226987798654
----------
Gerard Baden-Clay trial: Jury yet to reach a verdict
The seven men and five women of the jury left Brisbane’s Supreme Court having not yet reached a verdict after deliberating for 12 hours.
The jury will return to the court on Monday as it has elected not to deliberate over the weekend.
It returned to the courtroom on Friday morning for the fourth time since it began deliberations on Thursday after one juror sent a written note to Justice John Byrne.
The juror requested Justice Byrne clarify how alleged lies told by Mr Baden-Clay could be interpreted to help determine his innocence or guilt.
Mr Baden-Clay has maintained three injuries that appeared on his right cheek on the morning he reported his wife Allison missing two years ago were shaving cuts, but four forensic experts told the trial the abrasions were more consistent with fingernail scratches.
“If you conclude that the accused lied because he realised that the truth would implicate him in the killing of his wife, you would need carefully also to consider whether the lie reveals a consciousness of guilt, merely with respect to manslaughter as distinct from also revealing an intention to kill or to cause grievous bodily harm,” he said.
Read more: http://www.brisbanetimes.com.au/quee...#ixzz37OqEikdr
----------
• Jury in trial of Gerard Baden-Clay has now been deliberating for 14 hours @SkyNewsAust #badenclay
• Jury in trial of Gerard Baden-Clay has now been deliberating for 14 hours #badenclay (@liztilley84)
• Jury has now been deliberating for nearly 15 hours. No verdict yet. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay
• The #badenclay jury has been deliberating for just over two full days. It retired on Thursday at 11.10am. #badenclay
• “@Kim_Skubris7: @bittersweet_qld It isn't so.. We have a link truck with no camera down the hill from the school.. We are at the General Store..”
• Court watchers now knitting outside court 11 while waiting for a verdict #badenclay
• Jury still out in the #BadenClay murder trial at the Supreme Court. We'll bring you the verdict when it happens. #Newsroom
• The ladies who were knitting have now ceased. Around 50-60 people still waiting outside court 11. Still no sign of verdict. #badenclay
• The jury has been deliberating for nearly 15 hours now. Still awaiting a verdict. #badenclay
• Police, friends, family, members of the public and media all waiting outside the courtroom. #badenclay
• Stay up to date with the #BadenClay trial with @9NewsBrisbane and @TessaScott9 as the jury near a verdict. #9News pic.twitter.com/qIurdS6DC9
----------
Guilty or not guilty — jurors consider the evidence against Gerard Baden-Clay
It was close, it was personal, it was violent. What could have been in this man’s mind as he carried that out? His frustrations from his marriage? The double life? The risk to him of it all coming crashing down? Like he told Carmel Ritchie, he wanted to wipe the slate clean.”
http://www.news.com.au/national/guil...-1226985488956
-----
• Bailiff walks down corridor & crowd hushes...still no word from jury #badenclay
• If no verdict before 1pm, judge and jury will take a lunch break and recommence at 2:15pm #badenclay
• We've got ten minutes before the jury will break for lunch. If no verdict by then, the judge won't take one until 2.15pm. #badenclay
• Judge and Jury have gone for lunch. Back at 2:15pm #badenclay
• Lunch break. Judge won't take a verdict before 2.15pm #badenclay
• The #badenclay jury continues to deliberate. Justice Byrne will not take a verdict between 1 and 2pm. @7NewsBrisbane
• Lunch at the #badenclay murder trial. Justice John Byrne will not take a verdict until 2.15pm at the earliest.
• No verdict between 1pm - 2:15pm for court lunch break. @9NewsBrisbane #badenclay
• We're approaching the 16 hour mark in #Badenclay jury deliberations, now no verdict before 2:15pm @NewsTalk4BC

During lunch do the jurors go to the local and walk around outside or stay inside the courthouse a chat over cucumber & cheddar samiches and drink from foam cups?

I can imagine if the jurors venture outside the crowd would part like Moses commanding the Red Sea.
O'Lilac one several steps behind waving and yelling 'my shout, wait for me'!

BBM

You guys are awesome

poss , I am thinking more likely , confusion as to intent , that can be a bit ambiguous me thinks

I agree. I am of the belief that we will see a conviction of some sort. But I do think there may be some confusion and argument as to whether they can convict of Murder- that he had intent or have to go with Manslaughter - without intent.

I agree. I am of the belief that we will see a conviction of some sort. But I do think there may be some confusion and argument as to whether they can convict of Murder- that he had intent or have to go with Manslaughter - without intent.

EXACTLY it is that "intent " beyond reasonable doubt and you only need one self appointed expert to stuff it up moo

Well there is one thing for certain. With the added advantage of end of school holidays, the longer the verdict takes, the cleaner my house will be. Parts of it are sparkling already.

glad I have never been in labour then ,is it REALLY worse than this , couldn't be :laughing:

Believe me Squizzy1, labour is REALLY worse than this. Especially when one baby comes in the car outside the doors of the hospital and you are alone in the car with the door left open by O/H who ran to tell staff that his wife was REALLY having a baby NOW. 6o on a Melbourne May morning. When they all came running out, a bellowing daughter had been born, and no one had scissors to cut the cord. The time of birth was guessed due to the staff panic. I was all done and ready to go home. Lol

Is the jury really near a verdict or is this just Channel 9 BS to keep viewers interested?

Well, I guess technically when they started deliberating they were near a verdict- but how near is another thing.. My guess CHannel 9 are just on standby ready for when and the longer the deliberations continue, I guess the closer we will be to a verdict of some kind.

I think they should refuse to feed the bloody jury
Starve them until they decide. Lol :laughing:

I agree. In my mind even if he didn't plan in advance to kill Allison, but did so by strangling her or smothering her, that her striking out at him, then that to me puts it in the murder basket. Because he's had a chance to stop. Dying from either of these methods are not snap of your fingers quick.

Believe me Squizzy1, labour is REALLY worse than this. Especially when one baby comes in the car outside the doors of the hospital and you are alone in the car with the door left open by O/H who ran to tell staff that his wife was REALLY having a baby NOW. 6o on a Melbourne May morning. When they all came running out, a bellowing daughter had been born, and no one had scissors to cut the cord. The time of birth was guessed due to the staff panic. I was all done and ready to go home. Lol

sounds nearly , not quite as bad as this, but pretty bad , so did you have anymore

Oh no! you poor thing. lol, OH, you sure he wasn't just making a hasty exit, so he didn't have to deal with it!:laughing:

TimArvier ‏@TimArvier9 54s

Court watchers now knitting outside court 11 while waiting for a verdict #badenclay

Well, it is Bastille Day...

(casts a nervous glance at the office guillotine)...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme