The Verdict Waiting Room #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
the jury had to listen to Gerards testimony... nearly two days of it.. mostly , almost totally about him and his woes and worries... .. how he did the housework, how he cooked, cleaned, breastfed, mopped, polished, swept, dusted, fathered, mothered, his 'career', his unique take on finance, his wants and needs ... he led off with ' I only wanted sex'... how women bullied him into accidental sexual congress, nothing about how much weight he had put on, his ironing skills, his social skills, his fiscal skills, his business skills, his sexual skills, his counselling skills, his management skills, his driving skills, his accounting skills, his salesman skills, his medical diagnosis skills, his first aid skills, but most of all, his placating skills.

7 men and 5 women on that jury.. he managed to offend every one of 'em.

-Clay has been inside for two years will this be subtracted from the sentence?

The 2 years already served will come off the non parole period in a murder verdict as it is mandatory life sentence with minimum of 15 yr non parole.
A manslaughter verdict will depend on the discretionary sentence ( max life) but time already served will be likely be deducted from the specific term he is sentenced to by the judge.

Technically, either a murder or manslaughter verdict can result in the same sentence, though in reality he is likely to get a fixed term of imprisonment less than 15 years.

Would have had to go in to the ward for at least a little while so she and the baby could get checked over, cleaned up, observed for any excessive bleeding or anything else out of the ordinary...

Baby was born around 8.55am and after the checking over, shower etc a nurse came and told me I could go home at 12.30pm. I said 'No way', as I was going to have my 4 days "rest and recreation' away from the rest of the tribe and housework, which is what I did. I told my doctor when he finally arrived that he was a fibber as he put himself down as 'witness' on the birth registration, when I was the only witness. Was an interesting day.

My mother made it to just inside the hospital doors before I came out. My siblings were still in the car. I guess it is better than being born in a valiant station wagon. I would never have gotten over it.

Mine was a Mitsubishi wagon.

My mother rang this morning and thought that the jury weren't going to convict because they haven't already. My mother knows Priscilla, she was a part of the Friday craft knitting group at the church. I explained to her this morning what I posted above. Don't worry mum, he will be found guilty, of either Murder or Manslaughter. My hope is that he will be found guilty of murder. I am holding on to faith that will happen.

Does your mum know how Mrs Dickie is holding up?

Hubby and I used to be into VW Beetles when we were uni students - I remember someone at the VW club saying that Volkswagen used to (still do? don't know) open a bank account with about $500 equivalent for every baby born in one of their vehicles. I believe they had to pay out quite a number of times (I imagine especially in the 1960's and 70's when hippies all seemed to drive VW's and gave birth in all sorts of interesting settings)
I know a woman who was almost born in a water feature in Nimbin. (A bit of an exaggeration, but a water birth that changed to 'lets get to Lismore hospital', then an abrupt stop to meet an ambulance near a park opposite a brewery. I must ask her if her parents were driving a bug or a combi - highly likely!

Baby was born around 8.55am and after the checking over, shower etc a nurse came and told me I could go home at 12.30pm. I said 'No way', as I was going to have my 4 days "rest and recreation' away from the rest of the tribe and housework, which is what I did. I told my doctor when he finally arrived that he was a fibber as he put himself down as 'witness' on the birth registration, when I was the only witness. Was an interesting day.

Wow KG1. What an experience. I agree, for my last baby I was not going home until they kicked me out or my health insurance stopped paying. Funny, my hubby kept saying you are doing so well, are you coming home soon. I kept saying nup!

ha,ha- not sure how old the baby in question is now- but what a story you have to tell of their arrival! I love your comment that there was no way you were going home then without your rest from the housework etc. Funny the only way to get a break!

The 2 years already served will come off the non parole period in a murder verdict as it is mandatory life sentence with minimum of 15 yr non parole.
A manslaughter verdict will depend on the discretionary sentence ( max life) but time already served will be likely be deducted from the specific term he is sentenced to by the judge.

Technically, either a murder or manslaughter verdict can result in the same sentence, though in reality he is likely to get a fixed term of imprisonment less than 15 years.

BBM
Thanks Alioop, I thought I read that the other day too, but hubby and I were surprised. Is that recent thing. So a conviction of murder, regardless of circumstances is automatic life?

Wow KG1. What an experience. I agree, for my last baby I was not going home until they kicked me out or my health insurance stopped paying. Funny, my hubby kept saying you are doing so well, are you coming home soon. I kept saying nup!

Good on you alioop. After all, it is likely to be the only break you get for the next 18 years or so - make the most of it I say.

15 minutes to go before lunch finishes and its back to awaiting a verdict time.

:floorlaugh: Nup, not coming home until they have turned 18!

Good on you alioop. After all, it is likely to be the only break you get for the next 18 years or so - make the most of it I say.

and that is 3 years more than this bloke will likely get , where's the fairness , as my son in law says the definition of fairness is a blank sheet of paper

I agree. In my mind even if he didn't plan in advance to kill Allison, but did so by strangling her or smothering her, that her striking out at him, then that to me puts it in the murder basket. Because he's had a chance to stop. Dying from either of these methods are not snap of your fingers quick.

That's exactly as I see it. If GBC didn't stop what he was doing, and Allison would be struggling like crazy and thrashing around, that is where the intent comes in. I'm sure it takes at least a few minutes to end someone's life.

I agree. In my mind even if he didn't plan in advance to kill Allison, but did so by strangling her or smothering her, that her striking out at him, then that to me puts it in the murder basket. Because he's had a chance to stop. Dying from either of these methods are not snap of your fingers quick.

That's right.....premeditation and intent are different things. He didn't need to plan anything in advance to have "murdered" her, he doesn't even need to have "intended" for his actions to cause her death.

If he did cause her grievous bodily harm with an intention of doing so, and this resulted in her death, that is murder.

BBM
Thanks Alioop, I thought I read that the other day too, but hubby and I were surprised. Is that recent thing. So a conviction of murder, regardless of circumstances is automatic life?

Lets hope 2 years will be a drop in the ocean against a 50 hundred year sentence...and yes I said 50 hundred cause that means alot :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jusslikeme