The Water in Hamilton, AL ???

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
She said he admitted to her then that he was the killer of JB. She didn't report it because she and JK were in drama together and "he was like that," she said, often blurting out strange dramatic statements. Obviously she should have reported it, though. He also admired her young daughter....
I saw it. It was his classmate and now a bus driver in town.

That is exactly what I am referring to, when I refer to "his spell". Its like he freezes people. Look at the way he froze the two agents on the plane from Bangkok (btw: why did they have to name their city as such). Those guys looked like they were on meds hanging out with him. Many will say they were playing the game, but they did not look that in charge to me.

shoe_horn said:
I saw it. It was his classmate and now a bus driver in town.

That is exactly what I am referring to, when I refer to "his spell". Its like he freezes people. Look at the way he froze the two agents on the plane from Bangkok (btw: why did they have to name their city as such). Those guys looked like they were on meds hanging out with him. Many will say they were playing the game, but they did not look that in charge to me.
I think the alcohol they allowed him to have was to "loosen him up." Loose lips and all that......

southerngirl said:
I don't think he exactly cast a spell on Hamilton. I think he was unusual and different and "stuck out" in a sense. I also think he is intelligent and people recognize "smarts.".

True. People shouldn't forget that he didn't grow up in Hamilton -- he came from Conyers, where his dad was reportedly a GM exec. He was more of a city kid (well, close to the city).

he came from Conyers, where his dad was reportedly a GM exec. He was more of a city kid (well, close to the city).
This guy was and is a bent as you can get.

I actually feel bad for MarcyTheDA. She will look like such a fool by Monday evening. It's obvious that they stalled until yesterday to get the 3 business days to detain and thus utilize the weekend to come up with damage control ideas for Monday and Tuesday of next week.

Sure they may have gotten a potential threat to little girls off of the streets of Thailand, but I wish we also could do that for those that have actually been arrested for harming a little one in the U.S that also fled 1/2 way around the world.

shoe_horn said:
grits and sweet tea are also very prevelant in Conyers, trust me.

Who said they weren't? Heck, I live in Colorado, and grits are prevalent in my house. Not sweet tea, though. Too sweet.

Do grits and sweet tea make people crazy?

I just meant that he WAS different than the small-town Alabama folks, and part of it was b/c he was not from small-town Alabama. Not all of it, part of it.

I've never been down South, but do enjoy the Food Network's shows where they travel through the southern states and talk about the food. Is grits like rice mush or wheat hearts? Icky!! LOL

Scandi

southerngirl said:
It's a meat (fried chicken, meatloaf, country fried steak, etc.) and a choice of three vegetables ( maybe fried corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc.) and cornbread, of course. And don't forget the sweet tea, a must in the south. The diners have formica tables and a counter with vinyl-seated stools. The working class love to congregate in these diners and talk weather, politics, local gossip, etc. They are southern institutions and you'll find them all over the south, along with a multitude of churches, another VERY important part of life in the south!

Come visit! You'll learn about southern hospitality! :)

I'm hungry now......

That sounds perfect to me....I think I will have to visit :D

scandi said:
I've never been down South, but do enjoy the Food Network's shows where they travel through the southern states and talk about the food. Is grits like rice mush or wheat hearts? Icky!! LOL

Scandi
I actually don't care for grits, but I'm an exception here. They are gritty and white; you can get instant packets of them with cheese, bacon bits, or ham in them; you add milk and microwave; my kids love them. Put some butter in them and you're good to go.

What are wheat hearts?

Wheat Hearts sound like grits to me, Southerngirl. A white creamy hot cereal that is not completely smooth as it is made from wheat germ {sp}.

You cook it with milk till it thickens and then add brown sugar and cream on top. Positively barfy tasting to me! ;)

Scandi

Here in Missouri grits are very common also, I've never been able to find a liking to them tho. Now biscuits & gravy is another story!!

OB

I can't take all of the grits chatter. It is making me want to cook up a lb of that sinful dish. Lots of butter, lots!!

Scandi cracked me up with the barf statement pertaining to the Wheat Hearts.

I do wonder if John Karr's eating habits or beverage and food interests will serve up (no pun intended) any additional clues in this case.

englishleigh said:
GiveMeAnswers....Vanderbilt??

That's right! I didn't mean to imply that I was super smart, but there are people born/bred right here in the South who are. Like I said, we talk a little slower, walk a little slower and say ya'll and bless your heart. But when we get mean, its "bless your heart", !
But, Lordy, don't judge the entire south by JMK, James Earl Ray; most of us would prefer you think of Sheriff Andy Taylor, NASCAR, Roll Tide, (even UT Knoxville, however you can't count me there) country music, barbeque, catfish and hushpuppies and yep, definitely sweet tea!
I truly live in the CornBread Culture and love it.

shoe_horn said:
I can't take all of the grits chatter. It is making me want to cook up a lb of that sinful dish. Lots of butter, lots!!

Scandi cracked me up with the barf statement pertaining to the Wheat Hearts.

I do wonder if John Karr's eating habits or beverage and food interests will serve up (no pun intended) any additional clues in this case.
Maybe he had a thing for pineapple?

Oceanbreeze said:
southerngirl....what's a meat-and-three?

Being a native San Diegan, I would love to live in a small southern town.

Isn't life funny. Being a native of the small town South, I would love to live in San Diego!

But I'll reiterate what others have said, don't mistake our laid back way of talking for lack of intellligence. Especially us Southern gals.we have a way of talking that is as sweet as our tea but we can get mighty uppity if you rub us the wrong way! LOL (Think I might win the record for using the most Southern colloquialisms in one sentence!)

southerngirl said:
It's a meat (fried chicken, meatloaf, country fried steak, etc.) and a choice of three vegetables ( maybe fried corn, green beans, mashed potatoes and gravy, etc.) and cornbread, of course. And don't forget the sweet tea, a must in the south. The diners have formica tables and a counter with vinyl-seated stools. The working class love to congregate in these diners and talk weather, politics, local gossip, etc. They are southern institutions and you'll find them all over the south, along with a multitude of churches, another VERY important part of life in the south!

Come visit! You'll learn about southern hospitality! :)

I'm hungry now......
I'm a Southern girl myself. Spent many summers on the border of Georgia and Alabama on top of Lookout Mountain. I love those small towns. Now I'm in a small town in Eastern Colorado. Same atmosphere, same food, same churches, same wonderful people. This farming/ranching community could be dropped down anywhere in the South and be right at home there too. Wonderful places, small towns.

with the South, as much as it has to do with people wanting to be part of a "big story". People love to show off, and they like to pretend they have inside information that no one else knows. Anytime anything like this happens, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of trivial, silly information that adds nothing to the case whatsoever. To me, it would be embarrassing.

Bev said:
with the South, as much as it has to do with people wanting to be part of a "big story". People love to show off, and they like to pretend they have inside information that no one else knows. Anytime anything like this happens, people come out of the woodwork with all kinds of trivial, silly information that adds nothing to the case whatsoever. To me, it would be embarrassing.
I do find the folks from Hamilton, though, have something to add. They were his neighbors, classmates, wives, and family members. They knew him as well as anyone at that point in time. I find their insights and observations of him to be enlightening. They told us about his DeLorean car, his penchant for middle schoolers when seeking a girlfriend, his intelligence, his possessive and controlling nature, his insistence that his teen wife deliver at home and having two dead babies as a result. I find these tidbits very informative when accumulating a "picture" and impression of John Mark Karr.

Bev said:
with the South, as much as it has to do with people wanting to be part of a "big story".
Additionally, I think media (even local media...hell, *especially* local media) enjoys finding the dumbest sounding people they can to interview. If there is one person in a town that has three teeth in their head, dumber than a sackful of hammers, and talks like they have a huge wad of tobacco in their mouth, THAT is who they'll pick to ask questions about DNA, personality analysis, etc. Then we get saddled with that being the representative sample of our whoooole "culture".

shoe_horn said:
Somethings cannot be explained as clearly as they speak for themselves. The interviews are stunning to me. It was like the guy was cult leader driving a red sports car around town. They have JMK as being one of the smartest, most musically talented, and most handsome people from their recollections. But, they follow that up with him being practically the wierdest person they knew.

Seems like JMK cast a spell on that vulnerable town.
Let's just say he was the smartest/oddest fellow in Hamilton, Al. And I suspect he grew up accustomed to being the smartest fish in a small pool, which explains hisabject personal failure everywhere larger. Also, small towns are far more accomodating oif peculiar behavior, provided the person involved is relatively likable, or his family is, than anyone from big cities may realize. Kind of like the guy who thinks he's a chicken, but the townspeople are loathe to have him put away because they need the eggs.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
curtmarvin
Back