The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
It's not in the process of being towed. If you watch the video it shows the truck on the back of the flatbed being driven away. It seems obvious to me that the tow truck driver is in the white truck driving it onto the flatbed or guiding it while the winch pulls it up.

I have two contradictory thoughts on the subject:

1. The truck going to the shop is probably a routine thing that has just become a big deal because of the circumstances.

2. LE have been known to lie to protect their investigation. We just learned in the Phuong Le case that LE lied when they called media reports that she was stabbed inaccurate.

You're correct about the tow truck. I deleted the post you quoted because I realised it was inaccurate.

I realise that LE can lie about investigations. However, there is obviously going to be a mucho big problem with chain of custody if LE is lying about the truck to protect the investigation. How do you think they are going to address that legal issue?

There may not be a chain of custody issue.

We don't know if the driver was actually LE. Stranger things have happened.

I don't think LE would be inside driving up onto the flatbed. Fingerprints, hairs, fibers and all being transferred to the inside of the vehicle. They couldn't have been towing it to have it processed.

I get the sense that after all the media-coverage about the 'suspicious white truck sighting', LE would be smart enough to have thouroughly checked the Horman's vehicle with a fine-toothed comb LONG before this recent towing.

Am I wrong in assuming this?

I don't think LE would be inside driving up onto the flatbed. Fingerprints, hairs, fibers and all being transferred to the inside of the vehicle. They couldn't have been towing it to have it processed.

I agree with you. But to point out one other possibility...in the Venus Stewart case a truck was taken by LE to match tire tracks.

But I do think the Horman truck just went to the shop to get the starter repaired.

Really, does it matter whether it was the starter or not? Does it matter whether is was dead, stalled, or working? Possibly they didn't want to be hounded by the media trying to figure out what was wrong with it in their driveway. Could have been the battery, could have been the starter, could have been the alternator. No time to get it fixed while their little boy is missing, not something they want to worry about. Someone just come get it and fix it!

LE clarified they were not having it towed and there was clearly no chain of custody. That tells me that it has nothing to do with this case. I know there has been next to nothing available as far as information to sleuth but I really think time is being wasted on something that has no bearing on finding Kyron. JMHO FWIW.

Technically, we have no "chain of command" on the comment that LE wasn't having the truck towed; it is another instance of a reporter stating she talked to someone in LE who said etc etc etc... KWIM?

I'm willing to accept she (the reporter) talked to someone in LE, and I'll concede she was most likely told what she reported. What I'm not so ready to concede is that LE may have not answered the reporter's question completely honestly due to an "ongoing investigation".....we've seen it multiple times before.

All in all, I'm guessing when the truck shows back up at home soon, we'll have our answer. If it doesn't, I believe we can safely assume it's more than a starter, which really should get the vehicle back on a next day service, since it's only about an hour's mechanical job. Heck, in 3 days, a fully tranny could be repaired. Just sayin, there are perks to living in a metro area for parts and whatnot; no waiting.

Correct.. My husband once had his truck towed bc he could not get the flat tire off LOL Just couldn't get that sucker off!!

My hubby told me to call a tow truck when my battery went dead of course I was almost an hr from the house and I did have AAA that would cover the complete cost. Most if not all car insurances here in FL allow you to add towing to your policy for very little cost.

Them calling a tow truck for the problem doesn't seem that unusual for me. If I was in that family's situation the last thing I would worry about was getting out there and working on the truck myself.

I am not mechanically inclined but what if LE put one of those tracking things on the truck so that it could be tracked and that caused the truck to have problems?

No disrespect intended but my eyes just glazed over. If my van had a loose battery cable, I can guarantee you it would be headed into town on the back of a tow truck because I have no idea of how I would fix such a problem. I'm not a mechanic and I know just enough to know I shouldn't fool around under there with stuff I know nothing about.

And the tow would only cost $15 because I have an auto club membership and I'm not afraid to use it.

I assumed that the dealership poked around under the hood and told the Hormans "we looked, it's the starter and it will cost around $350 to fix, including parts and labour." Why $350? Because everything that goes wrong with a vehicle always seems to be estimated at $350!

BBM. I have no problems accepting that as fact. :)

I'll just say the Hormans are loyal to their dealership. After our warranty runs out, we use a local mechanic who charges a lot less than the dealer.

PS our insurance pays emergency towing.

It was reported as the Horman's truck. Do we know who drove the truck regularly? I see a lot of assumptions that it was the vehicle Kaine drove regularly to work, but I can't quite find anything that says that's true.

I'll just say the Hormans are loyal to their dealership. After our warranty runs out, we use a local mechanic who charges a lot less than the dealer.

PS our insurance pays emergency towing.

No kidding, right? The day I drove my new car off the lot was the last day outside of warranty work the dealer saw my car. I didn't even take it there for regular oil changes!

Was there possibly a recall that needed to be taken care of by the dealer? I know that when one of my cars has been involved in a recall I've taken it to the dealer. Anything beyond that I stay away!

It was reported as the Horman's truck. Do we know who drove the truck regularly? I see a lot of assumptions that it was the vehicle Kaine drove regularly to work, but I can't quite find anything that says that's true.

I ASSumed SM drove the truck because getting a baby in and out of the mustang's backseat rearfacing carseat would be a pain.

I ASSumed SM drove the truck because getting a baby in and out of the mustang's backseat rearfacing carseat would be a pain.

Been there, done that. You're right it would be a pain. However, I haven't heard that it's the vehicle Terri regularly drove, either. The family does have one other, driving aged person, who had lived there until recently. I know in my house, the teenagers were really rough on our cars and thankfully my husband was a mechanic and could fix most of the problems himself. Every. Time. I. Drive. To. A. Mechanic.....I really miss him.

So maybe they just didn't discover the issues until recently because no one else really ever drives the truck. Eh, I guess all that will be worked out.

Very true, it would be back straining to get an 18mo in and out. I drove a VW beetle up until just recently and it was not kid friendly at all. The 18mo would most likely be in a front facing car seat now, that is if she's over 20lbs. I assume she is because my 16mo is 25.5lbs and in a front facing.
Do we know if they have another car besides the truck and mustang? When I look at the truck I see it as KH driving it because of the decals in the back. I couldn't see her driving the truck mainly and also having the mustang quoted as hers and a gift.

Just a few weeks ago my car would not start. I called a tow truck because ...ummmm my car was dead. The guy that came with the tow truck tried to start my car but had no luck either. He then opened the hood of my car hit the starter with a wrench I believe and told me to try starting it again. To my surprise my car started and the tow truck guy told me my car needed a new starter. He then backed my car out of my driveway onto the street and then drove my car onto his ramp truck. I guess my point is could this be what happened to the Horman's white truck? Why would it seem strange to have the truck towed away if the tow truck was already there? That is exactly what I personally did.

Just my thoughts and personal experience.

trucktowed615.jpg

Screenshot of truck being loaded from KOIN video.

Thank you. Is there a reason it was towed on a flat bed instead of one of those tow trucks with a big "hook" & "chains"? I'm just saying, couldn;t they just put it in neutral, prop up the front, & take it away? Or are they concerned with the undercarriage? If that's the case, what's important, mechanically speaking, with the undercarriage of the vehicle?

Additional info: I know speculation is rampant, as I've read where Koin issued further info stating it was towed at the owners request, etc...but my question still stands. I would just think it would be easier to hook & chain, imo.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iris June
Back