The White Ford 250 Pick Up Truck Towed from the Family Home

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I think the white truck going to mechanic is an unintended red herring.

Thanks, we all love you too!

What is really frustrating about this discussion is that there is NO connection of a white truck to this case in any way, shape or form! So some guy saw a truck on his street, big deal. LE did not search that area based on the guys sighting, they searched it as part of the 2 mile radius of the school that was planned in the search grid. It would have been searched no matter what, just as the rest of the area was.

FWIW.... We see a variety of trucks in my neighborhood late at night all the time. It could have been as simple as checking a gas line problem, or a cable outage, or even a substitute newspaper carrier making sure he knew the routes and addresses. Any of those are far more likely than that a random truck on a random street having any connection to this case.

jmo

BBM above. I respectfully disagree. My opinion is there could be a connection, it might be a big deal, and if they did search there - it could have been because of his tip. How do you know that is not the case? But regardless, all that is for a different thread. :)

Lurker here, had to put in my 2 cents on this:

It seems suspicious to me, that your child is missing, a white truck is reported to be seen in an unsual place by two people, the family of the child that is missing have a white truck that has to be towed. Red Flag, period.

Lurker here, had to put in my 2 cents on this:

It seems suspicious to me, that your child is missing, a white truck is reported to be seen in an unsual place by two people, the family of the child that is missing have a white truck that has to be towed. Red Flag, period.

Welcome Pretty Parrot

I thought you were responding to what gourmet had posted ("LE clarified they were not having it towed and there was clearly no chain of custody")

It's entirely possible that LE had the truck towed away. But without securing chain of custody, any evidence they may glean from it would be worthless to their case. And IMO it's very unlikely LE would have towed it to a public garage/dealership.

So far we've had at least two separate news agencies report it was towed for mechanical problems. Perhaps one reporter and her employer could be lax and simply take LE at their word, but I don't see both doing so. All that would be necessary to verify LE's story is to simply follow the flatbed to its destination.

Thank you for clarifying that. Yes, clearly no chain of custody. LE to go with the truck, sign, sign, sign, hand off, sign. Saw none of that and I doubt it would be that easy to avoid with a video camera shooting. Nothing to do with the case.

What info do we have confirmed from credible, linkable, discussable sources regarding the stepmom's possible vehicle?

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod

What info do we have confirmed from credible, linkable, discussable sources regarding the stepmom's possible vehicle?

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod

I typed out an answer to the question someone asked me above, then erased it cause no matter how I worded it, somehow the FB could have come into play.
So, to answer your question, there is a photo or two of the car. I believe it is on the photobucket link. There is also a news video of the car going to/from the gym, remember when all that controversy was stirred up? It should also be on the media thread somewhere.

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod

BeanE, I don't remember reading anything about another vehicle for TH. I've only read of the mustang. I will check on that and post if I find anything.

Thank you, raeann and Gourmet.

We'll use the news video as our source for now.

Gourmet, I was referring to the red mustang, but it's certainly of interest if she used any other vehicle(s). It would help us perhaps determine how often or how little she used the truck.

Thanks!
BeanE
Mod

Thanks,
BeanE
Mod

Here's one about the mustang:

"Cars were constantly coming and going at Horman’s remote home in the woods Wednesday. Among the vehicles was a Dodge Charger, apparently with investigators inside, and a red Mustang driven by Horman's stepmother Terri."

http://www.katu.com/news/96010359.html

I would say in a criminal investigation any vehicle used that day,that the DA knows was the last one Kyron was in,would be taken in for inspection by LE.We don't know if it was the truck,but I can't see why the mustang wouldn't be taken in also,if used that day.If the mustang was used and it wasn't taken,then I can't see LE suspecting the SM,IMO.But,it's deemed a criminal investigation Sunday and Monday the truck is towed,maybe because of the white truck sighting,but more than likely standard procedure.

I still think it is convenient this truck happened to need work. It is out of sight out of mind now KWIM..... Plus if there were anything to be gained from the truck, any and all potential evidence will be contaminated ... who knows maybe it will receive a good vacuuming and wash as a courtsey ..... moo only

I still think it is convenient this truck happened to need work. It is out of sight out of mind now KWIM..... Plus if there were anything to be gained from the truck, any and all potential evidence will be contaminated ... who knows maybe it will receive a good vacuuming and wash as a courtsey ..... moo only

Yep. Or maybe while it's at the dealership getting repaired - they decide to get it detailed inside and out.

I agree with the other poster who said too many coincidences (white truck spotted in strange place day of and early morning after, white truck owned by family, their white truck towed to dealer).

Even if LE did not suspect the family, wouldn't they still check for evidence in the family vehicles as well as their home - don't they cover all bases before ruling anything out?

If LE were to allow such obvious and potentially damning evidence to slip through their fingers, then the whole department needs to be shut down. That would be incompetence on a level that is simply stunning. Considering the number of agencies involved here, including the FBI... I seriously doubt they would have neglected to thoroughly examine all vehicles belonging to the family.

If this truck IS at a public dealer/garage, then it's of no use to LE.

JMO, of course.

If LE were to allow such obvious and potentially damning evidence to slip through their fingers, then the whole department needs to be shut down. That would be incompetence on a level that is simply stunning. Considering the number of agencies involved here, including the FBI... I seriously doubt they would have neglected to thoroughly examine all vehicles belonging to the family.

If this truck IS as a public dealer/garage, then it's of no use to LE.

JMO, of course.

I'd like to say no LE or detective would ever let this slip, but after reading the Riley Fox story and not processing the crime scene properly and muddy, bloody sneakers were never tested. Then anything is possible.

What is the chain of command you guys are talking about? can you please explain it?

What is the chain of command you guys are talking about? can you please explain it?

Zaha, it's actually chain of custody. Here's a description and link for more info.
Chain of custody (CoC) refers to the chronological documentation or paper trail, showing the seizure, custody, control, transfer, analysis, and disposition of evidence, physical or electronic.

[ame]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chain_of_custody[/ame]

(Sorry about the wiki link, it actually explained it best)

I'd like to say no LE or detective would ever let this slip, but after reading the Riley Fox story and not processing the crime scene properly and muddy, bloody sneakers were never tested. Then anything is possible.

True, but I think it's very unlikely given all the agencies involved including the FBI. You may have one department foolish enough to let this slip, but I don't see 40+ allowing such a major screwup. But regardless of that, LE isn't going to tow evidence to a public garage.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
robincus030
Back