The Woman Who Shut Up Simon Cowell

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I decided to go online and listen to her tonight. She is so amazing. What a wonderful voice. All that I could think was how much I'd love to have her CD (you know there will be one).

Susan Boyle's voice is one like I've never heard before. It's so light, flowing, and soothing. It's just different. I'm like a lot of people, I want a cd of hers right now! Here is a link to her singing "Cry Me a River." She sang it for a charity cd. Although the song isn't my favorite, she sings it so beautifully. I hope she does well in her life from now on. She is one of a kind.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i5ETPG26ALE

OMG OMG OMG I finally decided to check out this thread - OMG OMG OMG..... I was ready to hear someone give to Simon verbally and she did, lol!!! Nothing like sitting here at 4:30 in the morning with goosebumps all over your body. I wanna hear more!!! What a wonderful gift!!!! Like everyone has said, God sent us an Angel!

Susan Boyle's voice is one like I've never heard before. It's so light, flowing, and soothing. It's just different. I'm like a lot of people, I want a cd of hers right now! Here is a link to her singing "Cry Me a River." She sang it for a charity cd. Although the song isn't my favorite, she sings it so beautifully. I hope she does well in her life from now on. She is one of a kind.

Thanks for posting. Incredible voice....hard to believe this recording is 10 years old.

OMG, just listed to that --- how incredibly beautiful that is!!! Time to buy a susan boyle cd ----

Oh I can't wait to hear her sing Whistle down the wind! I'm so eager!

I guess Britain really does have talent...who knew?

Susan Boyle not only has an incredible talent, she has been given the opportunity to become an inspiration for those of us who quit following our dreams and listened to the tigers. Susan has made me realize my dream can come true and I thank her for that.

This makes me so very proud to be scottish! She is an amazing woman with such amazing talent. I know the town she is from very well and it is a small town in the middle of not much so this is even more of a shock that such a stunning talent could have been hiding there for so long. I hope she wins and I am going to be supporting her all the way!

PS this topic has forced me to stop my usual lurking and actually post,lol,but I love WS and am here everyday.

as i said on the other thread, she has the heart and voice of an angel and the humility to go with it. she has already won even if she weren't to win that show. which i'm sure she will lol.

She dosen't need to win the show, she's already destined for international stardom.

I am so happy for her.

She's making like a 100 friends a minute on facebook and twitter is about to crash Lol.

Eve, I think a little of that was "acting." The more surprised and shocked they looked, the better it would be to the audiences. It's like the American Idol try outs--if you watch long and carefully enough, you can pick up signs that they know who is truly terrible and who has some talent.

Mr. Texana and I have talked about this issue ad nauseum--that back in the day (pick any day) a musician was judged on talent alone. Now they have to look good as well as have talent, and the overall quality of performance has gone down.

I would love for Susan Boyle to be the start of turning back that trend.

Hi tex!

I do agree, it is thought out beforehand to some degree. But I keep asking myself why the focus is on being "shocked" and really, why is it any more of a "surprise" that she was so great than it would have been with someone "beautiful?" It's just so stupid! All the sneering and etc. in the audience, was not only rude, but just so ignorant.

And I totally agree about singers and beauty. I can think of so many who weren't classically beautiful or even at all "beautiful" in a conventional sense. So what? Think of Carly Simon, unglamorized. Janis Ian. Many more, too many to name. When they get done with Mary she will look very different. I hope she keep her fresh unspoiled spirit and I bet she will.

Eve

Thanks for the link. Wow. Her voice is so magical. I'm like everyone else, I want a cd and I want it now.

I truly believe that Simon will take her under his wing realizing that she is a very shy, gentle soul. I do not think he is so mean hearted he would throw her to the wolves. You can tell from her interviews she is very unassuming and shy. God Bless you Susan Boyle may all your dreams come true.

I don't think Simon is a mean person at all. In fact, from what I have read about him in his private life I think he is probably a gentle man with a big heart. He is a big animal rights person and actually kicked someone off of American Idol during Hollywood week a few yrs ago because they were talking abotu something awful they did to an animal. He has also donates money to many charities around the world and is concerned about the plight of less fortunate people. Any man or woman who cares about animals, the sick and the poor has a place in my heart.

I think the most respectful thing Simon can do is treat Susan like anyone else. Should she receive special treatment because she doesn't look like what the conventional idea of beauty? I understand the idea of the judges and producers being protective because she is being shoved into the international spotlight unprepared but right now, I don't think Susan Boyle has a darn thing to worry about as far as not having support!

I don't think Simon is a mean person at all. In fact, from what I have read about him in his private life I think he is probably a gentle man with a big heart. He is a big animal rights person and actually kicked someone off of American Idol during Hollywood week a few yrs ago because they were talking abotu something awful they did to an animal. He has also donates money to many charities around the world and is concerned about the plight of less fortunate people. Any man or woman who cares about animals, the sick and the poor has a place in my heart.

I think the most respectful thing Simon can do is treat Susan like anyone else. Should she receive special treatment because she doesn't look like what the conventional idea of beauty? I understand the idea of the judges and producers being protective because she is being shoved into the international spotlight unprepared but right now, I don't think Susan Boyle has a darn thing to worry about as far as not having support!

Sorry if I offened you about Simon. I have never watched American Idol. I was just going on the things I have heard about him. Some that are less than flattering. My Wrong!

Sorry if I offened you about Simon. I have never watched American Idol. I was just going on the things I have heard about him. Some that are less than flattering. My Wrong!

Oh no! You didn't offend me. I'm sorry if it came off that way. Your post about thinking he would be protective of her made sense to me and reminded me of the reasons why I like him. Sorry! I should probably proofread more closely to make sure what I am meaning to say is being communicated clearly. No worries!:blowkiss:

She has an incredible voice, but can you say dowdy? She badly needs an eyebrow waxing, her brows are worse than my DH's and that's bad!!!

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro
Back