Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #5

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I also think that if KC had this duct tape in the car, why did she need to borrow Annie's for the no cloths party? She could have just got it from her car. When was that party? Was it around the time Caylee was murdered? I don't think the tape was Annie's either, because she would have ID that tape by now.

The ABC party was the weekend of May 26 (Memorial Day). KC didn't necessarily borrow the tape for the party. She had access to Amy's purse after which the tape was missing IIRC. I don't believe we have heard all there is to tell from Amy. Maybe OCSD is saving the best for last.

The dialog regarding the tape.

http://daliagirl33.wordpress.com/2008/12/18/duct-tape-on-facebook/

I noticed that during one of the December searches on the A's home, certain prescription drugs were collected from CA's night stand. I wonder if she, and/or GA/KC too, were in the habit of leaving medication lying around? :eek:

my bold

I don't know how drugging Caylee with Benadryl fits with the book referencing temper tantrums or AD's statement but I guess it's possible if it was an ongoing practice.

FWIW, when my son was a toddler (some 26 years ago) my Pediatrician suggested Benadryl as a sleep-aid. My son reached a stage where he would not go to sleep. He would cry for hours, wouldn't fall asleep until well after midnight and was horribly cranky all day. We were desperate so we gave him half the dosage for his age and weight (IIRC, a half teaspoon). It made him wild! He was out of control, running from one room to another, jumping on the beds and couches. After several hours, I was afraid his little heart would stop so I called the doctor in the middle of the night. He said some children become overstimulated, it will wear off, not to worry. Needless to say, we NEVER tried that again and we found a new Pediatrician. After a few miserable weeks, he went back to his regular sleep pattern. From that point on, we were afraid to give him any form of OTC allergy/cold meds.

I'm appalled I ever did that to him. But in talking with friends at the time, I learned it was a fairly common for doctors to suggest Bendryl. They considered it a benign way to break the "habit" of fighting sleep or waking in the middle of the night. Perhaps Casey got the idea from Cindy using it when Casey and Lee were tots? If Caylee reacted even half as badly as my son did, I can positively see Casey losing it. Despite the glowing reports of Casey's mothering skills, I tend to think she didn't have much patience. It doesn't look like she spent any quality time with Caylee. She was always distracted with her phone, the computer or a guy. Poor baby! :(

The active ingredient in Bendryl is the same active ingredient in most OTC sleep aids for adults. I've used it on rare occasions for myself most of my adult life due to miserable reactions to every RX sleep aid I've ever tried. It almost always works with no side effects. The trouble with giving it to a child is you never know which kids it will sedate and which will react as your son did. (I've never heard a Pedi give this warning when suggesting it's use, yet they all know it is very likely to have this effect.)

I think she crushed a 2 mg xanax and combined it with the gator aid and administered it to her with one of those dropper syringes. Gator Aid has a funny salty taste that I think it would mask the bitterness of Xanax well. I don't think Annie knew that she was casey's xanax supplier until much later. I think Casey was in the habit of pocketing a pill here and there.

The average dose for an adult is .25- .50. If Casey fed her an entire 2 mg tab I have no doubt in my mind it would slow her breathing to the point that being strapped up with duct tape would borderline on overkill.

I think she crushed a 2 mg xanax and combined it with the gator aid and administered it to her with one of those dropper syringes. Gator Aid has a funny salty taste that I think it would mask the bitterness of Xanax well. I don't think Annie knew that she was casey's xanax supplier until much later. I think Casey was in the habit of pocketing a pill here and there.

The average dose for an adult is .25- .50. If Casey fed her an entire 2 mg tab I have no doubt in my mind it would slow her breathing to the point that being strapped up with duct tape would borderline on overkill.

This never crossed my mind until I read your post, but some of you may have had the same thought. Play on xanax "Zanny"? Perhaps the "baby sitter" was xanny? :waitasec:

The active ingredient in Bendryl is the same active ingredient in most OTC sleep aids for adults. I've used it on rare occasions for myself most of my adult life due to miserable reactions to every RX sleep aid I've ever tried. It almost always works with no side effects. The trouble with giving it to a child is you never know which kids it will sedate and which will react as your son did. (I've never heard a Pedi give this warning when suggesting it's use, yet they all know it is very likely to have this effect.)

Yeah, that stuff used to knock me out as a teen. It doesn't do anything like that now to me, though. I guess because my body has built up a resistance to a lot of medication these days. I never heard it about it over-stimulating anyone at all. Weird.

bold me
Hmmm
Anyone have the date when Cindy and George spoke about the ladder being up against the pool?

I believe June 17 is the date given to LE by Mark Furhman, sorry I can't find the link but I saw it in the last few days...

Marcia Clark thinks Caylee was killed by suffocation. I agree with her. I think Caylee was killed in the Anthony home after Casey talked to Jesse and before Casey heads for Tony's apartment.

Article by Marcia Clark. She mentions a cause of death of Cayee on the 2nd page. I'm assuming that is her speculation although Clark states it as fact.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-04-16/huckabys-crazy-defense/

mine bold in red....
i have only heard this to be a rumor, i have not seen it backed up as a fact....if im wrong im sorry...but i have only heard it to be rumor...and it was the night of the first search of the home after finding the body and the house was being filmed live.....and poster made mention of dry wall....but i have not seen it in any of the doc dumps....but i could have missed something....:blowkiss:

An inaccurate rumor, so far. Someone posted this in the rumors thread and they allegedly heard it via an Olrando area chat room or message board for Orlando people or whatever. The rumor was that they'd taken out carpet in KC's room and drywall in the garage.

So far, just a rumor, as I haven't seen anything in any doc dump to support it.

According to LA the odor in the car was so bad, it smelled up the house when it was in the garage.

So going back in time, when KC backed the car into the garage a couple of times and if she opened the trunk in there, could some of the smell have gotten out then?

Since both GA and CA say they knew the smell of decomposition, would they have been able to detect an odor in the garage when they came home from work?

Like some have speculated, maybe GA/CA already suspected something bad before the 31 days....

This never crossed my mind until I read your post, but some of you may have had the same thought. Play on xanax "Zanny"? Perhaps the "baby sitter" was xanny? :waitasec:

Lots of people have suggested this possibility - the play on words.

I know people who buy it on the street to abuse recreationally (xanax), and they call them "zan's." Don't know if "zannies" is a street term or not.

I believe what happened to Caylee is very close to Bond's theory, except that I would note:

1- If KC indeed used cold medicine, I don't believe that COD was an overdose of cold medicine It could have contributed though, by sedating little Caylee. Add to the sedation, duct tape and being in the trunk = suffocation. :mad:

2- She could have been using xanax, which is actually where my money would go if I had to bet. Xanax could have caused an OD more easily than cold medicine.. Also, it would not have had the inconvenient side effects possible with cold medicine that have been noted by several posters.

Personally, I believe KC was likely using Xanax, or something similar, all along to sedate Caylee whenever she couldn't get a babysitter and wanted to party.

Actually I may be biased here though because my mother used to sedate us all the time when she wanted to have a wild party, or have a man over for a wild time. She would give us valium most of the time. I think that was more commonly prescribed back then (late 60's to mid 70's). She would then lock us in our bedroom, there were three of us.

One time the house caught on fire and we had to climb out the bedroom window because we were locked in. It's a wonder we didn't burn up. It was toward early morning though, and I guess the drugs had worn off by then. My oldest brother woke us up and took us out the window, so maybe we would have slept through the fire if not for him. Maybe since he was older the drug had less effect.

My mother was, and is, a very bad drug addict though, and she always had all kinds of drugs around, mostly sedatives because that's what she liked/likes. Qualuudes, valium, muscle relaxers, etc. In her mind, then, and now, there was nothing wrong with it (sedating us) because, after all, we survived didn't we. I actually think, in her mind, she was taking care of us by doing this so we wouldn't be subjected to what went on at the parties. :confused:

This was a common practice for her and several of her friends who had kids. So it's not much of a stretch for me to imagine KC could have easily done it. Especially if she wanted to party and a child was in the way.

P.S. We went to live with my grandmother after the fire.

After everything I've heard, I think I'm changing my vote. I think KC planned Caylee's death, and planned to use the nanny excuse. I don't think she used chloroform as a babysitter, but I do think she planned on using it one time to stage a kidnapping/murder.
Think about every movie you've ever seen where chloroform was used. It wasn't just used to knock someone out for a little while. It was usually used in the commission of some other crime like kidnapping or murder.

KC started planning this in March. She was looking up "missing kids", "how to make chloroform", "one tree hill - nanny kidnap episode"
She spent the next few months finalizing her plans.

She was purposely trying to run out of gas and left her purse in her car hoping it would get stolen and she could either blame it on a nanny carjacking, or actually try to disappear herself and stage a kidnap/murder on both of them. That's why she drove in circles until she ran out of gas. We all know how high gas prices were at that time, and we know KC had no money to refill. She wouldn't have been doing all that driving without a good reason.

I think she came up with this plan BECAUSE she had been lying about the nanny and it made an easy excuse. Not visa versa - the nanny wasn't created to carry out this plan.

She knew she could blame it on the nanny because that was a lie she had been telling for years (for other reasons) and it was a person that would never be found.
It would look like the nanny skipped town with Caylee, never to be seen again, all the while KC would be the grieving mother.

I think she first realized this in March and was working on it until June when it finally happened. NO ONE saw any kind of emotion from her at all during this time. She was cold and calculating. In fact, she was happy and celebrating because her well-laid plan had come to fruition. Caylee was gone, and everyone was going to believe the nanny took her because KC had been laying that groundwork for quite a while.

And IF the body was found, well, there was ducktape on the mouth to prove it was a kidnapping right? And naturally the kidnapper would try to frame KC by disposing the body so close to her house.

KC was just smart enough to think of a plan that would work perfectly if everyone believed all her lies, but just dumb enough to not realize that the cops would not just blindly accept her story. For example - she continued to lie about working, knowing this was something that would be easily checked up on.

She said she dropped Caylee off on the stairs at Sawgrass because she knew the apt was empty. She could easily say to the cops.. "well I didn't go inside! Zanny must have been squatting there so she could steal Caylee, etc". She didn't think about the fact that there was a video camera there that showed she wasn't there, so she had to quickly come up with the rediculous JB-Park/script story.

At first, I disagreed with the DP in this case, but now I don't think there's anyone more deserving.

I was not sure where to put this ... but since I couldn't find a "general theory" thread ... I decided to place it here ... I was burdened by this last night and took a lot of time to write it out.

Snipped for space...

I just read this after I posted a very similar theory (above). I think you and I are thinking alike in how this murder came about. I don't think OTC meds had anything to do with it. KC planned this well in advance and the SA knows it.

After everything I've heard, I think I'm changing my vote. I think KC planned Caylee's death, and planned to use the nanny excuse. I don't think she used chloroform as a babysitter, but I do think she planned on using it one time to stage a kidnapping/murder.
Think about every movie you've ever seen where chloroform was used. It wasn't just used to knock someone out for a little while. It was usually used in the commission of some other crime like kidnapping or murder.

KC started planning this in March. She was looking up "missing kids", "how to make chloroform", "one tree hill - nanny kidnap episode"
She spent the next few months finalizing her plans.

She was purposely trying to run out of gas and left her purse in her car hoping it would get stolen and she could either blame it on a nanny carjacking, or actually try to disappear herself and stage a kidnap/murder on both of them. That's why she drove in circles until she ran out of gas. We all know how high gas prices were at that time, and we know KC had no money to refill. She wouldn't have been doing all that driving without a good reason.

I think she came up with this plan BECAUSE she had been lying about the nanny and it made an easy excuse. Not visa versa - the nanny wasn't created to carry out this plan.

She knew she could blame it on the nanny because that was a lie she had been telling for years (for other reasons) and it was a person that would never be found.
It would look like the nanny skipped town with Caylee, never to be seen again, all the while KC would be the grieving mother.

I think she first realized this in March and was working on it until June when it finally happened. NO ONE saw any kind of emotion from her at all during this time. She was cold and calculating. In fact, she was happy and celebrating because her well-laid plan had come to fruition. Caylee was gone, and everyone was going to believe the nanny took her because KC had been laying that groundwork for quite a while.

And IF the body was found, well, there was ducktape on the mouth to prove it was a kidnapping right? And naturally the kidnapper would try to frame KC by disposing the body so close to her house.

KC was just smart enough to think of a plan that would work perfectly if everyone believed all her lies, but just dumb enough to not realize that the cops would not just blindly accept her story. For example - she continued to lie about working, knowing this was something that would be easily checked up on.

She said she dropped Caylee off on the stairs at Sawgrass because she knew the apt was empty. She could easily say to the cops.. "well I didn't go inside! Zanny must have been squatting there so she could steal Caylee, etc". She didn't think about the fact that there was a video camera there that showed she wasn't there, so she had to quickly come up with the rediculous JB-Park/script story.

At first, I disagreed with the DP in this case, but now I don't think there's anyone more deserving.

*above bolded by me*

If this scenario is true, then too bad for KC she didn't think to do any "grieving" during that month when she was supposedly missing. :rolleyes:

Marcia Clark thinks Caylee was killed by suffocation. I agree with her. I think Caylee was killed in the Anthony home after Casey talked to Jesse and before Casey heads for Tony's apartment.

Article by Marcia Clark. She mentions a cause of death of Cayee on the 2nd page. I'm assuming that is her speculation although Clark states it as fact.
http://www.thedailybeast.com/blogs-and-stories/2009-04-16/huckabys-crazy-defense/

Wow.. thanks for sharing this. It has been my theory that Casey suffocated Caylee in the home.

Wow.. thanks for sharing this. It has been my theory that Casey suffocated Caylee in the home.
We don't have any info released on cause of death and because of the state of the remains, direct evidence is unlikely. So "suffocation" has to be a guess?
I have trouble fitting Caylee's death being that early into a time line which includes 3 days that the body was in the trunk and disposal or rebagging of the body. If Caylee was dead before KC left GACA home on 16th, then she had to be messing about with the body on 19th and I think phone evidence has her not at GACA house 19th, so body re=arranging would need to be done with car exposed near AL apt, rather than out of sight in GACA garage. Also I think that day KC was driving AL's jeep?

We don't have any info released on cause of death and because of the state of the remains, direct evidence is unlikely. So "suffocation" has to be a guess?
I have trouble fitting Caylee's death being that early into a time line which includes 3 days that the body was in the trunk and disposal or rebagging of the body. If Caylee was dead before KC left GACA home on 16th, then she had to be messing about with the body on 19th and I think phone evidence has her not at GACA house 19th, so body re=arranging would need to be done with car exposed near AL apt, rather than out of sight in GACA garage. Also I think that day KC was driving AL's jeep?

HP,

I thought the 19th was the day that KC borrowed the shovel from the neighbor? She was backed in the garage that late morning early afternoon. She may have gotten decomposition in the backyard at that time, also she could have been getting the laundry bag, and another bag to put Caylee in that day.

HP,

I thought the 19th was the day that KC borrowed the shovel from the neighbor? She was backed in the garage that late morning early afternoon. She may have gotten decomposition in the backyard at that time, also she could have been getting the laundry bag, and another bag to put Caylee in that day.
Definately not! Trust me.
18th was shovel day.

KC backed into garage 17th 18th and 20th.

Definately not! Trust me.
18th was shovel day.

KC backed into garage 17th 18th and 20th.

IIRC, KC's cell ping records for the 17 June do not place her in the vicinity of the A's home, plus AL states in his testimony that they spent that day together at his apartment. So if KC backed into the garage on 3 separate occasions, there must be another date involved.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Karla Enriquez