Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #6 (New Smoking Gun Theories for DP)

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am still under the impression that there were fingerprints on the tape. Some prints were SPECIFICALLY excluded and others were not mentioned. I'm sticking with the theory that there are fingerprints on the tape that came from KC's fingers!!

But how is your impression consistent with the forensics report that says there were NO fingerprints on the tape and therefore no exclusion tests were performed at all?

I agree with the posters above who talked about other potential forensic evidence from the tape, however. It is possible that other tests were or will be conducted.

But how is your impression consistent with the forensics report that says there were NO fingerprints on the tape and therefore no exclusion tests were performed at all?

I agree with the posters above who talked about other potential forensic evidence from the tape, however. It is possible that other tests were or will be conducted.

There is an excellent discussion about fingerprints in the "Fingerprints and gloves" thread in the PL. GeorgiaPI and LKR440 posts. While the document refers to latent prints it does not mention other kinds that may be present or prints that don't have enough markers to meet minimum criteria. The document also specifically mentions CA,GA and LA but KC is not mentioned at all,leaving room for me to speculate that there is a little more to the story of duct tape and prints.

There is an excellent discussion about fingerprints in the "Fingerprints and gloves" thread in the PL. GeorgiaPI and LKR440 posts. While the document refers to latent prints it does not mention other kinds that may be present or prints that don't have enough markers to meet minimum criteria. The document also specifically mentions CA,GA and LA but KC is not mentioned at all,leaving room for me to speculate that there is a little more to the story of duct tape and prints.

I thought KC's were not eliminated, also....Will have to go back and read docs again, I'm sure I have missed/forgotten so much by now!

Now that you say this I can remember (barely) reading that months back...that's due to either my age or the huge volume of info in this case, either way I am forgetting key evidence. By the time trial gets here I may have nothing left...

Ah, yes! Remember the days when we were debating the fine details coming out of fresh and voluminous document dumps? Which we had ALL read after having suspended our lives for about a week?

I personally think that disposing of a child with a shirt that says "Big trouble comes in small packages" is heinous! It aggravates ME

Is there not a possibility that skin cells or DNA might be left on tape as strips were torn off? I, too, believe they have something other than prints.

“On the worst of worst days,
remember the words spoken
Trust no one,
Only yourself.
With great power,
comes great consequence.
What is given,
Can be taken away.
Everyone Lies.
Everyone Dies.”

Regarding this July 7 photobucket post by KC as mentioned above in LittleBitty's post, it suddenly hit me that the particular phrase, "With great power comes great consequence," might be KC referring to Cindy--all CA's power brings about this great consequence: losing Caylee, and it is KC and ONLY KC who can "take her away" from Cindy. Just thinkin' out loud here.
Secondly, more to thread topic, I'm not sure the SA has an actual "smoking gun," after all, the one smoking gun they might have gotten ahold of was the pair of pants that CA washed. However, the state has gone to great lengths to acknowledge, test, and discredit the "theories" that have been thrown about in the wind by the A family (pizza, that sort of thing.) The more I read about all of the detailed testing they have done to rule things out simply strengthens the SA case more and more. I just don't know what AL, LKB, and JB can do about it. I love it.

BBM
IMO Casey is referring to herself. :)

Is there not a possibility that skin cells or DNA might be left on tape as strips were torn off? I, too, believe they have something other than prints.

p. 3801 of the fbi evidence report states that although no other hairs were found other than Caylee's on the duct tape, fibers were found and have been isolated for further comparison.

There was Henkle brand duct tape found at the scene other than the three strips across Caylee's face. Q-100 for example.

I also found that they collected as evidence 3 other strips that were not designated as Henkle, and were not on Caylee's face. These were on p. 3650 of the evidence list....One was LONG, and the other two just said pieces. I find it interesting that there is not an FBI evidence number attributable to these three pieces, wonder why?

It would be sweet if they could find DNA belonging to Casey on the piece of chewing gum found at the dump site, p. 3722 of the evidence list.

It would be sweet if they could find DNA belonging to Casey on the piece of chewing gum found at the dump site, p. 3722 of the evidence list.

That would be so ironic! that may stop the family from ever chewing again. :crazy:

Unfortunately, anything found on the tape that came from the Anthony home can be explained away as transference. We saw that in the SP case. Dog hairs, etc. could have been on Caylee's clothes for instance.

I did follow a case awhile ago where they were able to match up the duct tape from the cut. The end that had been placed on the victim to the cut on the roll found in the perps possession.

Unfortunately, anything found on the tape that came from the Anthony home can be explained away as transference. We saw that in the SP case. Dog hairs, etc. could have been on Caylee's clothes for instance.

I did follow a case awhile ago where they were able to match up the duct tape from the cut. The end that had been placed on the victim to the cut on the roll found in the perps possession.
Unless the fibers were from one of KC's outfits or something like Caylee's carseat that was in KC's car.

The evidence shows that the Duct tape on her face was from the same source as the Duct tape on the gas can from the home (p. 3733 & 3794 of the fbi reports). Being that both are the Henkle brand, wouldn't the fibers coming from the home being on the face tape, prove that the tape was indeed from the home as well, and not just transferred from Caylees FACE?

Well, Caylee could have dog hair, Casey's hair and many other possibilities on her clothes that could have easily attached itself to the duct tape. In the SP case the proscution showed one of Laci's hairs in aa boat she had never been on. Transference because they lived together. In that case her hair was in the pliers.

Now if they could match up the cuts/tears on that tape to maybe the gas can tape or a roll of duct tape found at the Anthony's. Whoa! They can match up the trash bags very accurately as well. I've seen that done in numerous cases. The bags can be matched to the actual batch they came from. Again, whoa!

There are many great lists here for the smoking gun. That's what many had expected in the SP case. Then no one seemed to think there was one after the evidence was presented. Well, I thought there were many just as I do in this case.

I want to throw in the "nanny" had a key to that list.

I know what I thought when I heard that a$$nine statement. How idiotic can you get. Wait till the jury hears that one.

Well, Caylee could have dog hair, Casey's hair and many other possibilities on her clothes that could have easily attached itself to the duct tape. In the SP case the proscution showed one of Laci's hairs in aa boat she had never been on. Transference because they lived together. In that case her hair was in the pliers.

Now if they could match up the cuts/tears on that tape to maybe the gas can tape or a roll of duct tape found at the Anthony's. Whoa! They can match up the trash bags very accurately as well. I've seen that done in numerous cases. The bags can be matched to the actual batch they came from. Again, whoa!

Respectfully,the defense can bring in testimony about transference,but the jury will decide what they believe to be the case.I personally believe that hair on the pliars had a lot to do with SP's conviction.I still think the SA will use the fibers on the tape.Why else would they bother testing them?

There was Henkle brand duct tape found at the scene other than the three strips across Caylee's face. Q-100 for example.

snipped for relevance...

I've always wondered if those were used to bind her arms or legs.

Respectfully,the defense can bring in testimony about transference,but the jury will decide what they believe to be the case.I personally believe that hair on the pliars had a lot to do with SP's conviction.I still think the SA will use the fibers on the tape.Why else would they bother testing them?

Yes, that is what I mean. How the defense will try to explain that evidence. However, if there is no evidence of other fibers, hairs, etc. that are foreign as in Zani then the jury should take that into consideration. With all the other evidence I don't think that will matter much anyway.

I don't doubt that part of what you suggest is the case, butwhatif. And I too have been in a similar situation to what you describe having been through yourself. I know what it is like to try and tread lightly around someone for the sake of a child.

What came to me last night though was the thought of people who are similar. It has been my experience that people who are very similar tend to fall into two camps. And I when I say similar I really mean people who are bullsh_t artists but I think the case can be argued for many similarities. Either they love each other and get along thick as thieves. Or, as I think is the case with Cindy and Casey, they actually detest each other because each person sees in the other the things they dislike about themselves the most. Where do we think Casey learned most of her "tricks" from? My vote goes to Cindy on that. I think as much as she detested her mother, she was her mother's daughter. And she learned the traits Cindy displayed every day whether the wanted to or not.

So my point in all that rambling is that even though Cindy probably knows she has to tread lightly if she ever really needs to get something from Casey, I still think her nicey-nice attempts on MySpace were 90% attempts at humiliating Casey in front of her "audience
."

In Anthony Speak "ABSOLUTELY"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members