Theories On What Happened to Caylee Part #8

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
The original tow person did say he smelled a dead body, remember? And people wondered why he didn't call LE.

The original tow person did say he smelled a dead body, remember? And people wondered why he didn't call LE.

No. I just posted the transcript from that original tow person. Gary R (employee for Johnson's towing) ......please see my post above.

Birch: "In my opinion and experience, the smell of decomposition is unique in comparison to rotten food or rotting garbage," Birch said.

The phone calls could make some people wonder if Casey had been telling George before his picking up the vehicle that dangerous people were after her. Thinking that Casey might be in the trunk when he had spoken to her all along doesn't make sense. We'll never know the truth though. Geoge was so convinced that bad people were after Casey and the whole family was in danger, unless that was just another made up story. If Caylee's body was never was found, that would probably have been the theory after the nanny story bombed.

IIRC, the tow truck driver had a bad cold at the time the car was picked up and couldn't smell a thing. Just another "luck of the draw" for KC.

Not true.. He testified that he had worked for the police towing cars, some of those cars people had died in and he recognized the smell coming from Casey's car as human decomp. But he didn't call the cops. He towed the car and left it in his lot.

Not true.. He testified that he had worked for the police towing cars, some of those cars people had died in and he recognized the smell coming from Casey's car as human decomp. But he didn't call the cops. He towed the car and left it in his lot.
IMO, there should be a Florida law that provides for severe fines or shutdown for a towyard in where there is suspicion of a dead body in a vehicle and the police are not called.

There are two men that work at the tow yard: Gary R. and Simon B. Gary R, the driver of the tow truck, is the one that had a bad cold when he picked up the car at Amscot. Simon B. is the one you are referencing, that had smelled human decomp before, and went with George to the vehicle but did not call LE. HTH

The video of his testimony can be found here:
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-tampa-bay/video-simon-birch-testifies-casey-anthony-case-regarding-decomposition-video

At 18:55 he talks about how, after being at the tow-yard for 4-5 days, he gave the car a cursory inspection (external only) and how he noticed the odor after putting his hand up against the window to shield the sun to look in.
At 25:30 he talks more about the odor. He says:
SB says: It was an odor consistent with what I smelled in the past when it comes to decomposition.
The car was very well sealed so without being able to enter the vehicle the strength of it was a little minimal, but it was still there. The instant flash in my mind was - I know what that smells like, but looking in the vehicle noticed nothing to trigger anything. And at this point its just a car in the yard
That pretty much explains why he did not call the police at that point. (the odor was noticed after 4-5 days in the tow-yard, not when it was towed, and there was no apparent dead body that he could see when looking in the windows).

The video of his testimony can be found here:
http://www.examiner.com/crime-in-tampa-bay/video-simon-birch-testifies-casey-anthony-case-regarding-decomposition-video

At 18:55 he talks about how, after being at the tow-yard for 4-5 days, he gave the car a cursory inspection (external only) and how he noticed the odor after putting his hand up against the window to shield the sun to look in.
At 25:30 he talks more about the odor. He says:

That pretty much explains why he did not call the police at that point. (the odor was noticed after 4-5 days in the tow-yard, not when it was towed, and there was no apparent dead body that he could see when looking in the windows).

Thanks Karma..
I need to add...

I miss HHJP!

Two separate people. The only one that testified was Mr. Burch. Mr. Ridgeway is the person that towed the car from Amscot.

Not true, Simon did not tow the car

IMO, there should be a Florida law that provides for severe fines or shutdown for a towyard in where there is suspicion of a dead body in a vehicle and the police are not called.
What did CA say? Somebody must have put a body in the trunk at the TOWYARD!
They get cars in a good bit with bodies/clean ups and or invoved in crimes. People come in having withdrawals cause their "stash is in the car"
they come in with guns. my husband work 7p to 7a Fri and Sat nights when he was 25... NOT GOOD!~ he did get paid for 40 hours tho...
What happens when the admit the to smell? They end up on the witness stand for transporting the vehicle a few miles.Never opening or entering it. NOT knowing the owner.
I guarantee it didn't even botherSB too much. He prob thought GA was blowing smoke.
NOBODY lets the grandkid go missing a month.
and heck if he hasn't called the cops yet .. why should SB worry??
UNTIL HE FOUND out it was a 2 YEAR OLD!!!
GOT in the dumpster to retrieve that trash in his PJ's:clap:

you stick your nose in too much and you could get your brains blown out.
feel sorry for him and Kronk...
welll and some others too.☺
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh! :doh:
It was towed by employee Gary Ridgeway, uhm, who's an employee here at
11 Johnson's Wrecker Service.

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_S_Burch072408.htm

I think Casey murdered Caylee alone. She had a big date with the guy she thought was her ticket to party town with the whole club promotions thing....she drugged her and duct taped her mouth to keep her quiet...Caylee woke up and freaked out...and suffocated herself because of the tape. There is a woman in jail in Maine who duct taped her foster child to keep her quiet....and she suffocated.
I don't think Casey put much thought into it....she wanted Tonee and she did what she "had" to....and THAT is the accident gone terribly wrong.jmo
Too bad that jury let a murderer go free.

i agree with most of that but i get stuck on the duct tape. the tape had to be cut off the hair mat. how was casey going to ever get the tape off of caylee if she planned on ever removing it? either she died from being drugged to sleep and the tape was applied to cover her face post mortem out of guilt OR in a rage she literally suffocated Caylee with duct tape on purpose.
those are the only 2 scenerios i can come up with and i lean towards a purposful killing,
i cant decide if the killing was revenge on Cindy, a way to finally stop Caylee from talking, a means to an end to be free to be with TonE or an overdose of chloroform due to simple selfishness over not having a sitter to see TL. the thing that sways me from an accidental overdoes is the lack of mouring - ever. if i accidently killed my child, even while doing something as awful as trying to drug her to sleep so i could go out, the guilt would be overwhelming. in the jail house videos Casey doesn't even cry for Caylee one single time. how could she not unless she wanted Caylee out of her life for good? if it truly were an accidental overdose it only took casey a second to say, "wow, she's dead. hmm, this is cool. now im free"
how the jury could not connect the dots that lack of mourning does equate to guilt is beyond me. it is not normal to accept an accident so easily and just move forward. it would shatter a loving mother.

She could have died in the car, and her body was laid in the back yard when KC borrowed the shovel and thought about burying her back there.

if we believe duct tape is the murder weapon then we would have to believe when casey stormed out on the 15th she took duct tape from the house with her in the car. unless she she left with caylee, drugged her to keep her quiet while she was on phone with TonE all night and then brought the body back home and duct taped her face post mortem.

or...if you think she died in the car it would maybe be that she placed a live possible drugged Caylee in the trunk on the 16th so she could have date night. Casey returns to the house, borrows the shovel, takes Caylee outside, decides burying her in the yard was too much work so she begins using garage supplies to place Caylee in. did she apply the duct tape then? would this be because of what she saw in Untracable (the man with duct tape practically ear to ear) alreay thinking of staging a kidnapping, to cover Caylee's face out of guilt or to stop fluids?

I've never posted on this thread before, but now I will give my "theory". I believe on the night of June 15, there was a big fight in the Anthony household, like we heard from LA telling JG, I think it was. I do believe CA was choking KC, I also believe KC may have fought back, GA got involved - he has a temper we've all seen in public - and somehow little Caylee got hurt. She may have fallen down/got knocked against something and hit her head, but didn't appear too badly hurt - until maybe later - next day even.

When the "family" realized Caylee was hurt bad, or possibly dead, they went into CYA mode, made up a "script" to follow, and sent KC on her way - CA would take care of it, like she always did, and GA went along, like he always did. KC went and partied, CA covered everyone's butt with all the daily contact, etc., ad nauseum, until the famous 31 days (for the body to decompose) was up. Then comes the frantic 911 calls, and the public coralling of KC, but not a minute before the 31 days. The rest is history.

One thing I do wonder about - was Caylee insured? From what I've read, the As were in bad financial straights, were they not?

All of this is just my opinion, and supposition. The facts may fit or not.

what about CA's my space posting on July 3rd? calling AH and demading to find casey? i just dont think CA knew Caylee had died until after the 31 day period.

What did CA say? Somebody must have put a body in the trunk at the TOWYARD!
They get cars in a good bit with bodies/clean ups and or invoved in crimes. People come in having withdrawals cause their "stash is in the car"
they come in with guns. my husband work 7p to 7a Fri and Sat nights when he was 25... NOT GOOD!~ he did get paid for 40 hours tho...
What happens when the admit the to smell? They end up on the witness stand for transporting the vehicle a few miles.Never opening or entering it. NOT knowing the owner.
I guarantee it didn't even botherSB too much. He prob thought GA was blowing smoke.
NOBODY lets the grandkid go missing a month.
and heck if he hasn't called the cops yet .. why should SB worry??
UNTIL HE FOUND out it was a 2 YEAR OLD!!!
GOT in the dumpster to retrieve that trash in his PJ's:clap:

you stick your nose in too much and you could get your brains blown out.
feel sorry for him and Kronk...
welll and some others too.☺
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Oh! :doh:
It was towed by employee Gary Ridgeway, uhm, who's an employee here at
11 Johnson's Wrecker Service.

http://www.acandyrose.com/caylee_anthony_transcript_S_Burch072408.htm

Cindy Anthony was saying that someone put a body in the trunk at the towyard. That must have been when they were trying to blame Jesse, but didn't Cindy know that Casey had been texting Amy about a bad smell a couple of days before she ever left the car at Amscot?

i just dont think CA knew Caylee had died until after the 31 day period.

I don't think so either but I do think she was scared of that
I will bet anything that when Cindy said
" I will take Caylee away"
That Casey said "I will kill her before I let you have her "
I also think the police weren't called by George because Cindy told him to just drive the car home and go to work and that she would take care of it . And she did, didn't she ? Cleaned up that whole car ..imagine the smell ..and she didn't call the police . I think she was terrifed that Casey really did it .

Cindy Anthony was saying that someone put a body in the trunk at the towyard. That must have been when they were trying to blame Jesse, but didn't Cindy know that Casey had been texting Amy about a bad smell a couple of days before she ever left the car at Amscot?

How would she have known that? She didn't have access to KC's myspace to my knowledge. If she had known that, she also would have known that she had been lying about her whereabouts for the past month. I don't think that was the case. Example: Not in Jacksonville, Tampa, Universal, etc. but instead at "Fusion" with the shot girls.

It is astounding how many things worked in Casey Anthony's favor.

So many things could have/should have happened which would have led to a different result. Circumstances dating from 6/15 all the way through the jury selection (at which point the case was lost, in my opinion). ALL of these circumstances have been fortuitous for Casey Anthony. It's weird.

I can't help but wonder why. I'm not sold on the theory that karma will get you in the end - we have all seen too many get away with too much. But it sure seems that something is at work here.

It is almost like a big pile of firewood being readied for a bonfire. I think this story is far from over.

My thinking is casey removed the toys from the sandbox. She put the toys in the blue crate kept in the trunk. Now that we see the play sand bag found at the site, and cindy saying plastic toys in the back, this theory appears it may be accurate. She removed some or most of the sand. That would be why she needed the shovel.

This is my very first post. I am honored to be permitted to speak on your renowned forum - thankyou.
If I may introduce myself briefly ... I am a middle-aged Australian male, a former armed forces intelligence analyst and have had a keen interest in criminlogy since I can remember. I am a long, long-time lurker, having been snooping around here for the past couple of years, and finally feel I may be able to contribute in some small way.
I have gone over and over transcipts, depositions, evidence, dynamics and your own brilliant summations in this case ... and then, as have so many, gone over them again! But I keep getting sidetracked, thrown off course or am forced to dismiss a theory or conclusion I come up with. It's one amazing puzzle!
If I allow my mind to cast aside the stories of lying, stealing, lost phones, cheese cartons, tire irons and tampering, one thing I find myself continually returning to is the play sand and small plastic toys at the (excuse the expression) dump site.
My latest theory and opinion is this:
The ever-escalating argument (no need to confuse ourselves over the reasons) between Cindy and Casey comes to a head on the night of the 15th.
Everyone goes to bed.
Casey texts and speaks to AL pretty much for hours on end except for one break of more than an hour in the very early hours of the 16th. This is the time she kills Caylee - by choking, smothering, drugging, chloroforming - who knows?
In the dead of night, she carries limp little Caylee out to the sandpit and places her in it, possibly covering her with sand, possibly not - it has a lid. In a rare moment of compassion - the only one she's ever had - she notices that sand is getting in Caylee's mouth and nose. This is where the duct tape and heart sticker come in.
(I do not believe for one minute that Cindy "heard them breathing" the next morning or that George saw them leave the house - they are either lying or confused),
She realises how risky this could be - what if the parents or family dogs discover Caylee in there? After a couple of days of texts, calls and sneaking around to ensure G and C are not home, she gets her chance. But Caylee has become a little bit icky. She backs her car into the garage and borrows the shovel. She picks Caylee up with the shovel and puts her into a bag, then another one. In the process, she has unavoidedly had to shovel some sand and plastic toys into the bag with Caylee.
The laundry basket with handles comes in handy for placing Caylee into the trunk of the car - after all, she doesn't want to have to actually TOUCH her.
IMO The short trip to Suburban is the only time Caylee was ever in the trunk of the car, but it was long enough to create the smell due to leakage.
Play sand and toys are found at the scene.

Why, when Greta van Susteren opened the lid of the sandbox during her backyard stroll with Cindy, was the sandbox set up full of Caylee's toys in an almost "shrine-like" manner?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TommieHouston