Theories on what happened to Haleigh #2

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is naive to assume that no such places exist all across the US.

I made no assumption. I was merely questioning you on your statement to know of places where things like this would go unquestioned.

of the abduction? If you are one of the "CS's family did it" supporters why would CS do this if she could never see Haleigh again? What is the point of hiding her away for years? Again, at some point she emerges and obviously knows where she has been-it would still be kidnapping even if she ended up liking it. Also, how does a large group of kin escape the notice of law enforcement-I don't believe these days any group of a child's kin can evade detection in this country.

A 5 year old child has only about 2 -3 years of memory that would stick with her later in life. Suppose she has been taken to a remote rural area where there was lots of supportive, protective kin. She's told she was in danger and will be staying here just a while - like a vacation. Suppose she will be homeschooled, her hair cut and maybe even the color changed. She dresses like a country kid and hangs out with lots of "cousins". They give her a nickname and it sticks. She begins to adapt to a new life and starts having fun. She picks up the accent and speech patterns of her cousins. By the time she is 8, her predominent memories will be of her new life. By the time she is 11, her memories of "Haleigh" will be pretty dim. By the time she is 14, the transformation will be complete. She may feel that she has had a very happy life and is very close to her kinfolk.

of the abduction? If you are one of the "CS's family did it" supporters why would CS do this if she could never see Haleigh again? What is the point of hiding her away for years? Again, at some point she emerges and obviously knows where she has been-it would still be kidnapping even if she ended up liking it. Also, how does a large group of kin escape the notice of law enforcement-I don't believe these days any group of a child's kin can evade detection in this country.
It may be that a member(s) of the extended family has a particular affection to Haleigh and does't feel that either RC or CS is a responsible, caring parent for her. This may have been a way of "rescuing" her and giving her a better life. Whoever planned this may not be with her now, but hopes to be part of her life at some future point. I know this may seem far fetched, but sometimes noble intentions get in the way of good judgement. And this possibility does play in with the theory that this was a family abduction.

It may be that a member(s) of the extended family has a particular affection to Haleigh and does't feel that either RC or CS is a responsible, caring parent for her. This may have been a way of "rescuing" her and giving her a better life. Whoever planned this may not be with her now, but hopes to be part of her life at some future point. I know this may seem far fetched, but sometimes noble intentions get in the way of good judgement. And this possibility does play in with the theory that this was a family abduction.

There are so many different relatives from marriages and remarriages living in the area,and if it was a family abduction,possibly a younger person or more than one.Younger ones don't think of long term consequences and possibly couldn't even imagine the media exposure that happened at the time.Now,if this is the case,maybe they don't know how to correct what they've done.

I mean theories in this case are so numerous,you can try to figure out who is involved or what happened,you can mistake one person to be someone who they're not,just like Roses. :D I love roses,but there's so many different varieties.

If it was a family abduction because the parents aren't good enough caregivers I imagine it would have to be someone pretty close to the family. Not necessarily via shared DNA but someone who interacts with the family often enough to a) know the parents and their habits in the child care department as well as the routines, the father's work schedule and so on, and b) care about the children a lot personally. Just MOO but I don't think anyone would be moved to abduct children on the basis of a superficial relationship. They'd call DCF, repeatedly if need be, and possibly pray, grumble or gossip about the problems they see but not go into such extremes as child abduction, no matter how young and thoughtless they are.

Is anyone that close unaccounted for? Did anyone suddenly move from Satsuma? Take a long vacation?

For me, the biggest problem with this theory is Jr., though. If someone from the family thinks that the parents suck in raising their kids, why would they "save" or "rescue" just one and leave the other?

If it was a family abduction because the parents aren't good enough caregivers I imagine it would have to be someone pretty close to the family. Not necessarily via shared DNA but someone who interacts with the family often enough to a) know the parents and their habits in the child care department as well as the routines, the father's work schedule and so on, and b) care about the children a lot personally. Just MOO but I don't think anyone would be moved to abduct children on the basis of a superficial relationship. They'd call DCF, repeatedly if need be, and possibly pray, grumble or gossip about the problems they see but not go into such extremes as child abduction, no matter how young and thoughtless they are.

Is anyone that close unaccounted for? Did anyone suddenly move from Satsuma? Take a long vacation?

For me, the biggest problem with this theory is Jr., though. If someone from the family thinks that the parents suck in raising their kids, why would they "save" or "rescue" just one and leave the other?

Exactly, Donjeta. People who are concerned about a child's welfare bring it to the attention of DCF... they call as many times as they need to. They don't go kidnapping a child and leaving the other one there.
There is one possibility why only Haleigh would be taken and not Jr. but it is pretty far-fetched and not something I want to explore, because I've heard nothing in the way of rumors about it. But if some relative, whether close or not so close had a suspicion that Haleigh was being sexually abused, then they might be brave enough to take her and hide her somewhere. There are some people out there who have dirty minds and try to build suspicion on nothing but imagination.... I've seen it happen.

I think that strikes up a reason for Haleigh being missing that I never thought of before. Somebody doing something heinous like that to a child would be more reason to take her away than anything else. Now if a family member or friend took Haleigh away for that reason, they would have to be convinced that it was happening and there was/is no other choice but to take her and protect her.

IMO: I have not seen anything that ever seems like this was the case or implying that something was happening to Haleigh, I am suggesting someone could have been 100% convinced that something was and LE and DCF weren’t going to do anything about it.
Over time with living with this belief, their only God fearing choice would be to make Haleigh safe.

It does not stand the test of reason to presume that a perpetrator, operating under the guise of saving the child from sexual or physical abuse, would construct such a plan to sneak into the MH and, having already committed one felonious act of breaking and entering, commits a capital offense of kidnapping, and leaves the other child to fend for himself while somehow the courts work through the custody issues. At the point of the capital crime, the perp would realize "in for a penny, in for a pound" and whack ol' Misty on the noggin in order to get Jr out as well. IF safety for the children, coming from a love for those children at an apparently all-costs level, Jr would have been taken, too.

I can't buy the sympathetic kidnapping theory. It gets hung up on leaving Jr to fend for himself.

It does not stand the test of reason to presume that a perpetrator, operating under the guise of saving the child from sexual or physical abuse, would construct such a plan to sneak into the MH and, having already committed one felonious act of breaking and entering, commits a capital offense of kidnapping, and leaves the other child to fend for himself while somehow the courts work through the custody issues.

snip

yes and what can the sympathetic kidnapper expect from the custody court? If they think both parents are horrible caregivers it's not gonna solve anything for them. The court will give the custody to either one or the other of these horrible caregivers. At least, I haven't heard that anyone else has petitioned for the custody of Jr, so far. So they'd need to take some steps to give evidence to DCF that would have the kids fostered somewhere. (But they could have done it without kidnapping Haleigh.)

So is there anyone who's involved themselves with the DCF case, trying to show that neither parent should have custody? Would they dare come forward, fearing that it will give LE clues and their role in abducting Haleigh will be discovered? If not what's their plan about Jr?

It does not stand the test of reason to presume that a perpetrator, operating under the guise of saving the child from sexual or physical abuse, would construct such a plan to sneak into the MH and, having already committed one felonious act of breaking and entering, commits a capital offense of kidnapping, and leaves the other child to fend for himself while somehow the courts work through the custody issues. At the point of the capital crime, the perp would realize "in for a penny, in for a pound" and whack ol' Misty on the noggin in order to get Jr out as well. IF safety for the children, coming from a love for those children at an apparently all-costs level, Jr would have been taken, too.

I can't buy the sympathetic kidnapping theory. It gets hung up on leaving Jr to fend for himself.

When you think about it, what does make sense in this whole convoluted mess? Every theory that is put out here, there are still holes in it, except for a stranger taking her, and even that doesn't fit all the facts that we know.

When you think about it, what does make sense in this whole convoluted mess? Every theory that is put out here, there are still holes in it, except for a stranger taking her, and even that doesn't fit all the facts that we know.

I know :(

The simplest, least filled with holes theory is an accidental death and disposal of the body.

peliman,you are so correct,you can tell ron was very cautious and watching mistys reply.

ITA IMO and no offense to those that subscribe to that theory but that seems absolutely ridiculous to me

You know of places that people can hide away stolen children?

there are underground groups that help people kidnap their own kids to get away from abusers... still illegal but still exist...
i would like to state though that i do not think this is the case here
they are geared more towards battered women and sexually abused children that the system has failed...
crystal would not have left jr and these groups are almost like the witness protection program.. you have to make a clean brake from everythhing in your lifr.. that woul dinclude chad chloe marie etc etc

well I dont Haleigh was hidden away by either family, neither side has the cash needed for that feat....and let me see....she doesnt need schooling anymore....or to play at a park....highly unlikely

Misty did any friends or realtives come over to visit that evening?

Answer: My older brother, with my nephews and the A/C guy,

They left about 5:30 - 5:45.

Any mention of GGMS?

The one interview that stands out to me, are we sure? Among other things check out the glance RC gives misty on the 10pm answer. You all can debate the details.

YouTube - Haleigh Cummings' father, Ronald Cummings' Interview by Greta Van Susteren

What I find interesting in this video is Ron's rendition of what LE is doing, and he doesn't break down. He's seems in total control. No emotion. It's such a contradiction from the previous day where he couldn't seem to control himself at all.
I find that strange.
I am making the assumption that this is day two, Wednesday, b/c by day three, it is being said that Misty wasn't at the MH at some time during the night, yet GVS doesn't mention it, so they don't have that info/rumor yet.

When I watched SC's mom, she couldn't be strong for long at all, even though she tried very hard, imo.
Ron seems to be all business 48 hours later.
Both SC's mom and Haleigh's dad both stated that they thought the same thing happened to each of their children.
If Ron hadn't been so out of control during the 911 call, and the falling to the ground 24 and 36 hours previous, I wouldn't question the complete turnaround in his behaviour. I just find it wierd. moo
He seems more interested in getting Misty to state the facts correctly, and GVS as well, than what his daughter might be going through at the moment he is on camera, or what she had already might have endured.
He seems detached emotionally in this video. jmo

Misty appears to have a cold, she doesn't seem to be able to sit still, she beltches, so they take the camera off her. She has dark circles under her eyes, and she has a who really cares kinda attitude, all this 48 hours after Haleigh is discovered missing.
imo.
moo

ETA; the 10 pm thing. Ron looks confused and surprised with Misty's response of "What?" Then he decides her ear piece must be out or something and looks to see if it's in place. By this time, Misty is answering the question, she heard it correctly the first time, she just wasn't listening because she didn't really care, imo. She probably had answered questions for hours with LE by then and didn't want to answer anymore questions. It appears that she doesn't want to be sitting there, and doesn't care how she looks for national TV, which for a teen would be strange.
I think Ron still has the dumb b. gf thought going through his mind during this interview.
It seems to me that Misty can't say or do anything right for Ron at the moment, but Misty describes Haleigh as "happy, good, fun to be around, smart, and intelligent," which would appear to be the opposite of Misty, at the moment anyway.
moo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member