Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
hmmm, other than what I'm providing it does get very mixed. Southern Company (Tommy Duncan) huge undertaking and spread thruout the state. The site itself is reduced to operators and management who probably were not there during construction. Yates, BE&K, G.E., several other companies. Southern Co. holds all contracts but I doubt they would release a list. Probably 30 people run the site now for total 24/7 operations.

Georgia Power

I will try anyway. If I get nowhere, believe, do you think FBI Bill would take this on. I do think this is a very good lead to finding Ben's id. And I bet if they still have these records (most businesses keep records for 10 years) we may just find BEN :woohoo:

Wow, you guys! :clap:

Welcomes to coffeelover and tatertot!

After talking with a friend who is still in the business, he assumes BE&K would be the first place to look. Usually, he said, something this big would require a safety firm, and they would keep all the records.

After talking with a friend who is still in the business, he assumes BE&K would be the first place to look. Usually, he said, something this big would require a safety firm, and they would keep all the records.

Puzzling I know, here's what I can share. BE&K had a estimated 16 man safety crew. HR for BE&K did badging for BE&K. Southern Co. did badging for others. Other companies badged their own crews.

I can tell you at this point if anyone was found 3 feet above the ground not harnessed and tied off, they were walked out the gate. Thank-you, drive safe, leave only your footprints.

Some employees from Yates hung around and were hired by BE&K.

It almost creates the perfect storm for someone with amnesia to be lost in the big bad world.

I agree Peliman. Maybe he didn't get hired back? Some of his friends did. Still why no one reported him missing, unless they thought he left to go home. But leave your belongs behind, unless he just didn't have much, but a bag. And we will probably never know, it could be he was waiting on his ride back to home or better yet, hitchiking back to where ever. Could have been waiting on a cab.
When my hubby would go out of town, he brought 1 large maybe 1 small bag. Flew in and out of everywhere, usa.

I agree Peliman. Maybe he didn't get hired back? Some of his friends did. Still why no one reported him missing, unless they thought he left to go home. But leave your belongs behind, unless he just didn't have much, but a bag. And we will probably never know, it could be he was waiting on his ride back to home or better yet, hitchiking back to where ever. Could have been waiting on a cab.
When my hubby would go out of town, he brought 1 large maybe 1 small bag. Flew in and out of everywhere, usa.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Just thinking out loud here. Read over the great ideas carolwood and peliman have come up with.

Do these men have to be bonded? If they do, do they have to be fingerprinted? Do those records have to be kept?

Do these men have to have a current driver's license? Do they have to have a heavy equipment operator's license?
If so, do they keep copies of these?

Who paid these men? Paid from all the small companies?
But, would the large company keep payroll information for tax purposes?
Maybe they could access ALL the payroll records from
Jan. 2004 til Sept. 2004.?

I don't think the men would have to be bonded. The companies would. Fingerprints is a question I will ask about. I would think for a certain amount of years, records would have to be kept. Yes, they have to have driver's license. Equipment operators license would be done by the company, it's called a certification, and the more you have to more $$ you make. I would think for a certain amount of time records would have to be kept.
Payroll, yes, would have to keep for 10 years. Yates and Sons had the job until 3-2004, then because of the 3 accidents, BE&K took over in 5-2004. So now we are talking 2 large companies, that may have had several smaller contractors doing things with there own men. Two companies, good guess, probably 15 - 20 smaller contractors, I am guessing. So if this is the case, then it's not to bad of a task. It would be for Yates and BE&K to release this information. I don't know if they would.

:blowkiss:
HAPPY NEW YEAR EVERYONE!
:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo::woohoo:

OMG, I just thought of something. BANKS and CHECK CASHING PLACES, most of these do fingerprinting and photo's in my state, what about Georgia? How many are in the area of where BEN was found?

AND, what if BEN was on his way home and had closed out his account at a local BANK he was using to cash his checks and keep a small savings? They would have this infomation.

AND, what if BEN was on his way home and had closed out his account at a local BANK he was using to cash his checks and keep a small savings? They would have this infomation.

This could lead to an explanation of why Benjaman was found beaten behind that dumpster. If someone saw the amount of money he could have had on him (say he was paying for a meal at the burger king and the cash was seen) or if they saw him during the transaction at the bank and followed him to the area. Robbery.

(You better be snoozin' now, Carol! lol.... I think our minds are most clear when we are ready to drift off to sleep.)

Sheeesh ya'll got more questions than I have answers for. I'm wondering burger kings towing policy if they have an abandon vehicle in their parking lot. Who might tow it to where, if unclaimed it would be considered abandon and ownerships to the impound lot maybe. IDK

Snowme, I finally made it to bed around 3 central. Had to be back up by 8 to finish getting my stuff ready for today. Towing policy, I have a friend in the business, can him a call on monday. I think they have to hold it for so long, in the process run the vin# to see if it may be stolen, check for insurance cards, call the insurance company see if they had a lien, if so, then they would probably contact whoever financed the vehicle and let them know they have it. In louisiana it is mandatory to have auto insurance, and when it is financed, the insurance company has to know, they have to send a copy of your insurance to whoever financed the vehicle, because it has to tote full coverage, until it is paid for. Not sure how other states work with the insurance. Also in Louisiana, if your vehicle becomes unisured, you get a nice letter from the state, then you have to prove to the state you have insurance. If you cannot prove there is insurance, I am sure you are sent another letter to turn it the tags on the vehicle. Then I am sure if the tags are not turned it, they may come to you, or if the vehicle is caught on the road, may be impounded. I would be willing to bet, any vehicle that is financed for so many years, had to keep full coverage insurance until it is paid for. Also when the vin# was run, it would state who owned the car, if it had a lien. I just paid one of ours off last year, and it definetly states on the title it had a lien with so and so, and the lien was satisfied(paid off). This was a vehicle that I purchased brand new, and financed through an out of state bank.

I just had a thought about running the veh vin#, the local pd usually has a certain company that picks up vehicles for them. local pd may still have a record of a vehicle being picked up around the time BEN was found. also, company that does this for local pd may still have vehicle unless it had the above complications, ie..financed.. but I think they would remember something like this... this is not a everyday thing...unless it is thought stolen.
What i am saying is, if a vehicle is stolen, you report to pd. Pd puts on a scan for a stolen vehilce. Hopefully it is found.
If it is not reported as a stolen vehicle, they find vehicle, have it towed by the company, company and pd work together to get information on the vehicle, they should come up with a least a name of a person and maybe insurance company. Try to contact owner, try to contact insurance, try to contact who financed, and go from there.
And this too. What if Ben had just purchased a used vehicle. It would have been in the process of being transfered. But whoever the vehicle was purchased from, the title and vin# would still be in there name. Say it is a small used car dealer. They would have this information about a vehicle...
If it was a personal buy, maybe the old owner would remember the person they had sold it to. I know I would keep a copy of all this transaction. Maybe not 4 years, but at least some amount of time, and I would sure know who I sold it to, especially if they called me and told me they had a vehicle at the impound lot to be picked up, because it was found abandoned. I would also talk to pd, knowing I just sold the car to someone, and see how long I would have to keep the vehicle, before I could do something with it again. Now you are talking probably months on end for all this to take place.

Welll I don't want to discount any theories. I was responding to one and it might require a P.I. to sort it out. All other theories could be just as valid. I'm going to ease off on it until BK himself shows interest.

Carol, you covered alot bases there. In reading I was coming up with the thought of perhaps if he had come from out of state, perhaps by plane or bus, that perhaps he didn't have a car or if he got one to serve the purpose while there it would likely be a "dependable used" model that didn't take alot of cash and maybe even not a used car dealer type deal but a private sale. (I know I've lived in areas where work crews of this nature come from long distances for the work and often arrive without their own transportation... eventually carpooling with others either in a private vehicle or a company provided vehicle.)

Your thinking and life-experiences are flowing quite clearly to make these things a viable theory!

I just had a thought about running the veh vin#, the local pd usually has a certain company that picks up vehicles for them. local pd may still have a record of a vehicle being picked up around the time BEN was found. also, company that does this for local pd may still have vehicle unless it had the above complications, ie..financed.. but I think they would remember something like this... this is not a everyday thing...unless it is thought stolen.
What i am saying is, if a vehicle is stolen, you report to pd. Pd puts on a scan for a stolen vehilce. Hopefully it is found.
If it is not reported as a stolen vehicle, they find vehicle, have it towed by the company, company and pd work together to get information on the vehicle, they should come up with a least a name of a person and maybe insurance company. Try to contact owner, try to contact insurance, try to contact who financed, and go from there.
And this too. What if Ben had just purchased a used vehicle. It would have been in the process of being transfered. But whoever the vehicle was purchased from, the title and vin# would still be in there name. Say it is a small used car dealer. They would have this information about a vehicle...
If it was a personal buy, maybe the old owner would remember the person they had sold it to. I know I would keep a copy of all this transaction. Maybe not 4 years, but at least some amount of time, and I would sure know who I sold it to, especially if they called me and told me they had a vehicle at the impound lot to be picked up, because it was found abandoned. I would also talk to pd, knowing I just sold the car to someone, and see how long I would have to keep the vehicle, before I could do something with it again. Now you are talking probably months on end for all this to take place.

JUST SOME THOUGHTS...
Please don't give up. We are going good, has my memory cells are poping too. I understand, as I even get hung a time or two, but I think BEN/Nurse Betty are at least reading what we have here on this board, as often as possible.
I for one, have a 67 year old mother, who has a computer at home, and knows nothing about it, not even how to turn it on. I have tried to teach her the basics and she wants to learn, but time doesn't allow, as she still works full time. (PS, she's had a computer for at least 10 years)
I have to remind myself now and then, that BEN does not have a SS. He has to pick up odd jobs that pay cash, not a check, cash. These are few and far between.
It may be a job he has no recollection of, and has to learn his job and to make ends meet, probably working a 10 -12 hr. a day, just to make ends meet.
Just like a computer. I remember when I was in school, I took a typing class(didn't even know about computers). It took me at least 1/2 the school year to learn the keyboard, the other 1/2 trying to type without looking at the keyboard, but this was my interest, not many kids took typing, especially not boys. But they sure too home ec.
Today, it is pretty much a requirement for kids to have a computer class in school.
My husband is 54, construction man, has no interest what so ever in the computer, execpt to ask me, "Honey, could you look for a part for my tractor?" Well, thank goodness I know a little bit about tractors and computers.
We talked about this New Years' Eve. What would these kids today do, if they lived in the 80's? Thirty-year-olds probably have no concept on how we lived, and that's not too many years difference from my age, 46.
So think about BEN, how he must feel, having to learn a new life over again. Leaning a computer, a job, how the government works, etc.
Back in his day, they got up at 4 a.m. to feed the cows, milk them, go to school, and probably had to walk, maybe barefooted maybe not, get home from school, feed the cows, chickens, work in the garden, cut some firewood, cut the grass, and I am not talking about a gas push mower, because back then the money just wasn't there. They had to grow and raise there own food.
So with all that said, I am not BEN, but I am a person who reads alot of history.
I can tell you, if everything would shut down tomorrow(no gas, no electric, no water, no vehicle) except life and what is in my pantry, I could live it, and live it well. I can milk a cow, hunt, drill a water well (never done this, but I am sure I can do it), grow a garden, ride a bike, walk, barter.
I would even in time, have a computer running without electricity. Might not be able to get online for quite sometime, but I would have my computer. I guess that's what some of us stay at home moms do, learn things on the computer. LOL, I remember Y2K, boy was I prepared. Took me about a year to clean out the pantry.
I hope everyone has had a good New Years' day, Peace,

Yes, yes, your right on target. When my hubby worked out of town for years, he flew in flew out. Company had crew truck and vans they used, most of the time. They were paid per diem for the housing and food. Sometimes if the job was long enough, they would rent apartments for the men. The per diem was cut to be just for food, the company paid the housing...just depended on the job time and the company...
I know there are some companies out there that don't do this, my husband has never worked for a company that didn't pay per diem, when he worked out of town.

wow, it took nearly 3 hrs. to post it twice...sorry yall, not me, I guess they're starting to upgrade, I know I see some pretty stuff today....looks good

You make some excellent points, Carol. thank you!

JUST SOME THOUGHTS...
Please don't give up. We are going good, has my memory cells are poping too. I understand, as I even get hung a time or two, but I think BEN/Nurse Betty are at least reading what we have here on this board, as often as possible.
I for one, have a 67 year old mother, who has a computer at home, and knows nothing about it, not even how to turn it on. I have tried to teach her the basics and she wants to learn, but time doesn't allow, as she still works full time. (PS, she's had a computer for at least 10 years)
I have to remind myself now and then, that BEN does not have a SS. He has to pick up odd jobs that pay cash, not a check, cash. These are few and far between.
It may be a job he has no recollection of, and has to learn his job and to make ends meet, probably working a 10 -12 hr. a day, just to make ends meet.
Just like a computer. I remember when I was in school, I took a typing class(didn't even know about computers). It took me at least 1/2 the school year to learn the keyboard, the other 1/2 trying to type without looking at the keyboard, but this was my interest, not many kids took typing, especially not boys. But they sure too home ec.
Today, it is pretty much a requirement for kids to have a computer class in school.
My husband is 54, construction man, has no interest what so ever in the computer, execpt to ask me, "Honey, could you look for a part for my tractor?" Well, thank goodness I know a little bit about tractors and computers.
We talked about this New Years' Eve. What would these kids today do, if they lived in the 80's? Thirty-year-olds probably have no concept on how we lived, and that's not too many years difference from my age, 46.
So think about BEN, how he must feel, having to learn a new life over again. Leaning a computer, a job, how the government works, etc.
Back in his day, they got up at 4 a.m. to feed the cows, milk them, go to school, and probably had to walk, maybe barefooted maybe not, get home from school, feed the cows, chickens, work in the garden, cut some firewood, cut the grass, and I am not talking about a gas push mower, because back then the money just wasn't there. They had to grow and raise there own food.
So with all that said, I am not BEN, but I am a person who reads alot of history.
I can tell you, if everything would shut down tomorrow(no gas, no electric, no water, no vehicle) except life and what is in my pantry, I could live it, and live it well. I can milk a cow, hunt, drill a water well (never done this, but I am sure I can do it), grow a garden, ride a bike, walk, barter.
I would even in time, have a computer running without electricity. Might not be able to get online for quite sometime, but I would have my computer. I guess that's what some of us stay at home moms do, learn things on the computer. LOL, I remember Y2K, boy was I prepared. Took me about a year to clean out the pantry.
I hope everyone has had a good New Years' day, Peace,

sorry, i posted on the wrong thread:
I think Voice is right. Another thought I had: Bonnie (TS) Aug 12-14, hit fla and exited around New Jersey, Charlie (Hur) Aug 13- 14, hit fla. and exited around Mass. and Frances (Hur) Sept 5 - 9, hit fla. and exited around Penn. I live in louisiana. Charlie was a bad boy, and if you didn't leave, you wished you had. Now comes frances, cat 4 at one stage, I am thinking, get me out of here, I am not staying for another. Maybe BK had elderly family, maybe nursing home, maybe in there own home, he was trying to get out, before frances came in. Or maybe an insurance adjuster, I know here, we get insurance adjusters from everywhere, some just have to take a class, and they go to work. They are independent contractors, i think.
You can see the stats at
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2004_At...l_Storm_Bonnie

Hi, Carol. Sorry I am only now responding to your post, haven't checked on BK thread lately. But your listing of the hurricanes of 2004 gave me a thought. Living in FL, I'll never forget that year, in my area (east central FL), we were hit by four of them. and I know alot of people, my son included, hit the road to GA to escape the hurricanes. Probably a far off possiblity since we don't have any BK/FL link, but what if he was in FL and ran to GA because of the hurricanes and got hit by one anyway? that is as far as my thought process goes, since we don't know what happened to land him behind the dumpster. Just a thought.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Aqfina2000