Theories on what may have happened to Benjaman Kyle

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think everyone has a right to know who they are. I have lived with this all my life. My father comes from a family of 18. He was the only child to my grandmother and grandfather, who divorced when he was just a baby. He was raised by his grandparents(mothers side), whom I loved dearly. They lived til the 90's. (we had a large 5 generation family) I knew my grandmother's people well, but on my grandfather's side, knew hardly anything about them, and my grandfather died when I was young, so this made things worst. I know I have on my grandfather's side, 14 aunts and uncles, that I still know hardly anything about, except names and a few childhood memories. I guess that's why I do genealogy research, to know where I come from. Why I have blue green eyes. Who I look like. Why I had white hair, and now I have brown. And I know it so well, I can spot one if I see them. I know they are related to me, because the line on my father's side is so strong. Just ranting and bringing new thoughts to the board. That's why I so thrilled about the Y-DNA, may give us a last name to work with. Then we can turn to census records, marriage records, tax records, etc. I have a acount at ancestry, can't wait to get this info.

I completely agree with you. I had to step back awhile ago because I got so frustrated at the complete lack of feedback. Sorry (I mean no disrespect), but if I had this many people spending so much of their time on helping me I would answer any question they asked and be beyond grateful. I think it was mentioned months ago that BK would be setting up an account to answer some of the questions and every time I check back people are spinning their wheels with absolutely no input and no answers to their questions.
I wonder if Dr. Phil washed his hands because of lack of response...who knows? To me it seems that BK wants a new SS# and that is all.

Frankly, his lack of interest in what people are doing on this site has made me question his intentions.

I hope I am wrong but it made me feel better to have gotten this off my chest. I will resume my "step back" now and hope for the best for BK........

Voice4...think about this,
what IF he has remembered quite a bit about his past and it isn't good, so he knows it's better to keep it to himself..?

I have been reading the last few posts.
BK; I know he answered posts on the Dr Phil show. He even posted his email address there.
I just asked this week if we, Websleuths, could set up a thread, with the questions that have been asked over and over. The thread would be locked except for BK and the moderators. BK could come in and answer questions at any time.
That way, BK is not inudated with all sorts of questions.
So far, I have not heard back. I do not know if believe09 has heard back from BK or not.

I'm not going to pretend to have 1/10 of the smarts that most people have here at Websleuths but I think about this case a lot. I really have to believe that no one is looking hard for BK, in my opinion that's most likely because 1) The people that would/should be looking for him had a part in this and have no desire for him to get his memory back 2) That he laid the groundwork for his disappearance.... now by that I don't mean that he is a fraud simply that he had intentions of going somewhere new, starting a new life and something went wrong but no one is looking because they expected him to be gone. I think either of those scenarios fit with the fact that trauma can be involved with amnesia, we could be dealing with one trauma as in scenario #1 or multiple traumas which could be the case in scenario #2.
I think when this case is solved we will find ourselves with another crime of one kind or another. The third option which has popped into my mind, but I don't hold much credence with it is that someone has taken his identity. If he's a wealthy man, perhaps he had a wife who is now living high on the hog with his $$ and a new man using his identity.

what IF he has remembered quite a bit about his past and it isn't good, so he knows it's better to keep it to himself..?

------------------------------------------------------
I have wondered about this also. Perhaps, he keeps remembering bits and pieces and it does not fit with who he thinks he is now.
OR
BK remembers things about the assault and beating and being left for dead and is shocked at why. Maybe he sees the faces of those who savagely attacked him? You would think, then he would tell the FBI and get them involved, but maybe he is afraid.
OR
Maybe he knew the attackers? And that scares him more.
I hope he is in the care of a psychologist or psychiatrist who specializes in amenesia/fugue state.

I'm not going to pretend to have 1/10 of the smarts that most people have here at Websleuths but I think about this case a lot. I really have to believe that no one is looking hard for BK, in my opinion that's most likely because 1) The people that would/should be looking for him had a part in this and have no desire for him to get his memory back 2) That he laid the groundwork for his disappearance.... now by that I don't mean that he is a fraud simply that he had intentions of going somewhere new, starting a new life and something went wrong but no one is looking because they expected him to be gone. I think either of those scenarios fit with the fact that trauma can be involved with amnesia, we could be dealing with one trauma as in scenario #1 or multiple traumas which could be the case in scenario #2.
I think when this case is solved we will find ourselves with another crime of one kind or another. The third option which has popped into my mind, but I don't hold much credence with it is that someone has taken his identity. If he's a wealthy man, perhaps he had a wife who is now living high on the hog with his $$ and a new man using his identity.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
So glad we have some new theories! Thanks so much.

I have been reading the last few posts.
BK; I know he answered posts on the Dr Phil show. He even posted his email address there.
I just asked this week if we, Websleuths, could set up a thread, with the questions that have been asked over and over. The thread would be locked except for BK and the moderators. BK could come in and answer questions at any time.
That way, BK is not inudated with all sorts of questions.
So far, I have not heard back. I do not know if believe09 has heard back from BK or not.

I asked for the same thing over a month ago to no avail. There was a thread started on here for questions that we were hoping BK would answer. The questions submitted to him were picked through (mine were ignored as mostly they had to do with his attack and the circumstances surrounding it...which I personally don't think he wants to discuss for some reason BUT I think that incident, how he was found and his physical characteristics at the time are the best evidence of why he was there and where he came from) and the rest were ignored or at least not answererd. To my knowledge he answered a few early on and that was all.

Serial numbers on the pin in his elbow has been brought up by several people in the past and the response was along the lines of it is ridiculous to expect him to "mutilate" himself for serial numbers that might not even exist (I agree, though I think "mutilate" is a bit strong of a word for such a surgery.)

I would love to know if he has access to his medical records finally since the Dr. Phil show is done with him. Also, if he has ever spoke to the paramedics who discovered him (there was a lady first responder that the Dr. Phil show interviewed who seems to have a vivid recollection of finding him and probably remembers his physical description, etc. very well.) Last, what other memories he has. He has to have more than just the few things we know, regardless of how painful, embarassing, etc. We are not here to judge but to help and not having all the information is worthless, IMHO.

I don't know whether this is the right thread, and I am mainly a lurker here, but I just had an idea. Has anyone checked unclaimed property in Colorado and Indiana? I know we don't have a name, but maybe check variations of Benjaman or Kyle, or whatever other names he has said are familiar to him? If he had, for instance, money in a bank account, or a utility deposit, the company might have turned it over to the state's unclaimed property department after he went missing.

That is definitely a possibility! If so, there are a lot of people, again, spinning their wheels in directions that BK may know aren't useful. I really hope he responds to some of the questions posted by those on here spending so much of their own time doing so much for him!

I don't know whether this is the right thread, and I am mainly a lurker here, but I just had an idea. Has anyone checked unclaimed property in Colorado and Indiana? I know we don't have a name, but maybe check variations of Benjaman or Kyle, or whatever other names he has said are familiar to him? If he had, for instance, money in a bank account, or a utility deposit, the company might have turned it over to the state's unclaimed property department after he went missing.

Was the name "Kyle" familiar to him or did he just make it up to go with the initials of Burger King. If he made it up out of thin air and for no feeling of any significance then I am afraid searching that name in connection with BK will not lead anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is a way to search for unclaimed property?

I have searched unclaimed Indiana BENJAMAN, None, but BENJAMIN, plenty and a few good ideas came out of this, I am on the trail.....

Was the name "Kyle" familiar to him or did he just make it up to go with the initials of Burger King. If he made it up out of thin air and for no feeling of any significance then I am afraid searching that name in connection with BK will not lead anywhere.

Does anyone know if there is a way to search for unclaimed property?
----------------------------------------------------------
Last name Kyle was not familiar to him. He just picked it out.

There has to be a way to search for unclaimed property. I don't know it, but I will check on line.

Dream, I could use some help here. if you could do a search for colorado unclaimed property, I have done indiana on benjaman/benjamin, and maybe we can compare what we have found and see if any of these names match. I will go back and print them tonight and report them here. So we could have bunches of eyes on this. There were a couple, age wise, that could be a possibility. It didn't have the age in the unclaimed property, so I checked in the white pages, and some of them had ages on there, that's how I was able to get ages, providing these are the right people.

Oh, and I also checked the SSDI on a couple to see if they had passed away, but this was null. But I would like to check all of them with SSDI

Dream, I could use some help here. if you could do a search for colorado unclaimed property, I have done indiana on benjaman/benjamin, and maybe we can compare what we have found and see if any of these names match. I will go back and print them tonight and report them here. So we could have bunches of eyes on this. There were a couple, age wise, that could be a possibility. It didn't have the age in the unclaimed property, so I checked in the white pages, and some of them had ages on there, that's how I was able to get ages, providing these are the right people.
---------------------------------------------------------------
Hi. I started the CO search. Without a real name, it is tricky to do. Of course, if we knew his name, it would not be an issue.
I must be getting tired. What with BK searches and another forum and Christmas to do lists, and well, you know.

Also, I put an email into my ex; he is an accountant and I thought he might know about if someone has not paid taxes for 4 years, is there a list? Thinking if there was, then maybe the FBI Bill K, could help with this.

I also have a question into my electric company, asking if someone just stopped paying their bill, would they do the shut off, pursue getting their money, AND would they do a well being check? Especially if their mail starts to be returned. Would they have the police check out the residence?
No answer yet.

Will call my local post office tomorrow, ask about when mail piles up, what do they do? Do they file any kind of report?

MORE THEORIES:
BK has no family, no friends, is retired or self employed, lives in a remote house. He leaves on vacation. No one thinks anything of him being gone.
//what happened to his mail, his electric bill, his mortgage, etc?//

BK has some family and some friends. He is retired. He says he is going to the GA. coast and do some traveling. He has arranged things to be paid at his home.
He leaves. It is 4 yrs later.
// why has no one said, wow, ben has been gone over 4 yrs, wonder what is going on with him?//

BK just got divorced. He has no children. He has not seen siblings in years. His neighbors mind their own business. He takes off for a birthday vacation. He does not come back.
//why wouldn't the bank or the post office or someone notify someone//

BK is gay. He takes off for an ocean vacation. He does not return.
His partner files a missing persons report.
//But, according to an article I just read, LE do not always respond or even take a missing person report from a partner.//

BK is a covert spy. He has retired. But he can't, not really. Someone, from his covert life, finds him in Richmond Hill, beats him, strips him naked, leaves him like trash next to a dumpster.
//they are thrilled he has lost his memory. they sanitize his house.
//his fingerprints do not show up on any database because he worked for a black ops covert agency.//
Okay. That is a little out there. But something had to happen, somehow, someway.

BK has no wife, no children. He lives a mostly solitary life. He travels in his job. He retires at 55. He decides to do some more traveling, go to GA. first to see the ocean, then head off to other places he has wanted to see. But, in Richmond Hill, someone, for some unknown reason, attacks him and leaves him for dead. They take his car and drive it into a river.
// car? no abandoned car leads from 2004 ever followed up on, that i can find out.//

Well, enough theorizing for today.
What do you think?

Oh, uh, one more theory.
BK has been a priest. He decides to leave the priesthood. Or he decides to retire. His housing, etc has always been taken care of.
He heads out to the ocean, Savannah, GA. area. There is a Catholic spiritual retreat that month. (there is, i have the link).
He goes out for dinner. Someone starts harrassing him. Or they decide to rob him.
It goes too far and he is beaten severely. He is left out in the sun for a day, robbing him of his eyesight and allowing the fire ants bites to completely cover his body.
The attackers decide to dump his body at a dumpster, including his clothing, etc. He is too heavy to get into the dumpster, so they leave him behind the dumpster and throw his clothing, i.d. away.
They take his car and drive it into a lake, quarry, somewhere. Or they part it out, get some more money for it.

I still say this, "why would anyone want to go into an area that a hurricane just came thru?", unless to work, volunteer, or get "someone" they know out because another one is coming...and the last one(hur. charley) was bad enough...or even just checking on an elderly at a nursing home..
I really don't think he is vacationing.
Theory: Self Employed...contractor...or tree cutter...or debris remover...or insurance claims adjuster...this is what I think of with hurricanes.
Theory: Employed...lineman(works for electrical company, these come from all over the country, and usually the local electrical companies will have a list of which electrical companies helped them during the time)...or insurance agent(you can find the insurance companies that have license to do business with the state, and contact them)

If he was going in to help, I believe he was self employed.
If he was going in to volunteer, American Red Cross possibly would have records, but then you would have to find what chapter he came from(this may take lots of time)
If he was coming to get an elder family member out or even just checking in on a elderly family member, maybe they don't read a newspaper or even watch tv, lets say they are in a nursing home...(this is something that is a high possiblity...nursing home...I say this because I have a great uncle that I am in charge of at a nursing home. When they evacuate for the hurricanes, when he has to go to the hospital, when he falls, they call me. This is an area that I think NB could take care of with a couple of phone calls to the area nursing homes, finding out if any of the patients there have had no contact with there children, nephews, etc. since 2004, who are the nursing homes contact to call when something happens to one of their patients. Being that she is a nurse, this would be easier for her to do. If Ben still has a social worker, this is something I am sure she could get also.
Then I think also, not only should the state of Georgia be checked, but also Florida.

I also believe if he was on vacation, he would have went further up to say Murtle Beach, with the hurricane.

I also believe if he was on vacation, he would have went further up to say Murtle Beach, with the hurricane.

Wow you all are very good, I was asking myself the same questions. On or about the time he was found a new electrical generation plant was close to completion, located at Plant McIntosh near the Savannah river in well my county.

It was built by Savannah Electric for Georgia power and light. It was a major construction project employing large numbers of sub-contra tors and their employees. They came from all over the country. They stayed in rented homes, hotels along I-95 and into S.C. Hardeeville area. Some stayed in RV's.

There is also a homeless contingent near where he was found (somewhere out there) near I-95 within one exit or two which the authorities are aware of but don't bother with them unless they break laws.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BevHill