Theories

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't understand why you are so defensive about this JA theory and, you don't know that BC lies, that is speculation, not fact. You don't know that BC doesn't clean, that also is speculation...that you acknowledge them does not make them fact. Unless you are God and or lived with BC, you are merely assuming that they are true.

I'm trying to understand what facts or evidence lead to these theories because I'm trying to logically follow the various theories put forth. And my understanding based on what has been posited so far is that these theories have not been developed from any evidence. And that explains why I'm not able to follow the theory. :smile:

I am not assuming anything, we both know what assume does. As rwesafe said, this is a theory forum. Fact number 1) NC was supposed to be with JA that morning, early, 2) she did not show up 3) JA reported her missing 4) JA has said BC killed NC (on what facts does she base this statement) 5) No one has been charged or even named a person of interest, it would appear the investigation has stalled. When an investigation stalls other avenues must be persued in order to move forward. If the evidence collected from the Cooper search warrants is not strong enough to convince the DA to go the grand jury, then more evidence must be collected from another source. Theories lead to warrants when investigated, CPD will eventually SW JA, mark my words.

it would appear the investigation has stalled.
Not based on the most recent statement by CPD Chief, Pat Bazemore, but perhaps you know something the rest of us are not privy to.

If the evidence collected from the Cooper search warrants is not strong enough to convince the DA to go the grand jury, then more evidence must be collected from another source.
This DA doesn't just wait for evidence collection...he waits and waits and waits and then waits some more. He gets to wait as long as he wants since there is no statute of limitations for murder. If there's one thing this Wake County DA has proven, he is not a man in any kind of rush whatsoever. Not even a little. And, right now he is getting the benefit of all this (free) discovery from the civil case, which is a huge bonus he normally does not get. And the civil case is not over yet, which means there may be additional discovery he gets.

I am not assuming anything, we both know what assume does. As rwesafe said, this is a theory forum. Fact number 1) NC was supposed to be with JA that morning, early, 2) she did not show up 3) JA reported her missing 4) JA has said BC killed NC (on what facts does she base this statement) 5) No one has been charged or even named a person of interest, it would appear the investigation has stalled. When an investigation stalls other avenues must be persued in order to move forward. If the evidence collected from the Cooper search warrants is not strong enough to convince the DA to go the grand jury, then more evidence must be collected from another source. Theories lead to warrants when investigated, CPD will eventually SW JA, mark my words.

Exactly. And here are few more questions....Why exactly a mere 5 or 6 hours after she was missing did JA assume she had been killed at all? NC had a lot of friends...she could have been with any of them...why immediatly assume she was dead. She testified in court that she had never seen BC and NC argue nor had she witnessed BC be inappropriate with NC...seems strange to just start espousing that he killed her, especially before the body was even found... Additionally, if she called BC in the morning and did not believe that she was out running as BC told her, why, as a running partner did she not get in her car and go look for her on their normal running routes...why did she bypass that step and go directly to LE and to BC's house? Just a theory, but some intersting questions...

This DA doesn't just wait for evidence collection...he waits and waits and waits and then waits some more. He gets to wait as long as he wants since there is no statute of limitations for murder. If there's one thing this Wake County DA has proven, he is not a man in any kind of rush whatsoever. Not even a little. And, right now he is getting the benefit of all this (free) discovery from the civil case, which is a huge bonus he normally does not get. And the civil case is not over yet, which means there may be additional discovery he gets.

If nothing else, this case is fascinating in the manner in which it has played out. I have never seen a murder case where so much has been presented prior to an arrest because of a civil case. It really is fascinating.

Exactly. And here are few more questions....Why exactly a mere 5 or 6 hours after she was missing did JA assume she had been killed at all? NC had a lot of friends...she could have been with any of them...why immediatly assume she was dead. She testified in court that she had never seen BC and NC argue nor had she witnessed BC be inappropriate with NC...seems strange to just start espousing that he killed her, especially before the body was even found... Additionally, if she called BC in the morning and did not believe that she was out running as BC told her, why, as a running partner did she not get in her car and go look for her on their normal running routes...why did she bypass that step and go directly to LE and to BC's house? Just a theory, but some intersting questions...

I listened to the entire 911 call at the hearing. JA's call said she was worried "something may have happened to her friend." Then she detailed that Nancy has Crohn's, and on the call she said she checked with WakeMed to see if she was taken there in case (she fell or was sick). She did not say she thought Nancy was murdered--at no time prior to Nancy's body being found was there any evidence she said such a thing.

The 911 operator asked if Nancy had a family/spouse and JA said yes and that her husband said she left her house to go running between 6:30 and 7am and Nancy still hadn't come back yet and she was worried because she would normally call if she weren't going to show up for plans she made.

Then JA said there was a contentious marriage/rel'p and she didn't know how Brad would react to police getting involved or a call being made to 911 and she was concerned. The 911 operator assured JA that she wasn't doing anything wrong and that she was just being a good friend.

And there's a further detail that was testified to at the hearing: JA testified she got a phone call around 1:30pm and saw the Cooper phone # come up on her CallerID. She said she "ran to the phone and assumed it was Nancy calling and she would have to apologize for being worried, etc. and it was Brad on the phone, asking if Jessica had Carey Clarke's phone number. She said she didn't have it and offered to come over and watch the kids and Brad declined, saying he was putting the kids in the car to drive over to Carey's area and look for Nancy." Note: the timeline of Brad leaving the house shifted to 1:30pm, not the 1pm as was previously thought.

I listened the the entire 911 call at the hearing. JA's call said she was worried "something may have happened to her friend." Then she detailed that Nancy has Crohn's, and on the call she said she checked with WakeMed to see if she was taken there in case (she fell or was sick). She did not say she thought Nancy was murdered--at no time prior to Nancy's body being found was there any evidence she said such a thing.

The 911 operator asked if Nancy had a family/spouse and JA said yes and that he said she left at 7am and hadn't come back yet and she was worried because she would normally call if she weren't going to show up for plans she made.

Then JA said there was a contentious marriage/rel'p and she didn't know how Brad would react to police getting involved or a call being made to 911 and she was concerned. The 911 operator assured JA that she wasn't doing anything wrong and that she was just being a good friend.

Yeah, like I said, it just a theory...I personally don't believe any plans to paint existed....but that's just MO.

According to JA's calendar NC wasn't supposed to paint. Why wouldn't this painting have been brought up at the party the night before when Brad made tennis arrangements? Who was to watch the kids? BC said NC was. How could she paint and watch kids at the same time? Its be reported that because BC didn't contact police right away he knew where NC was. From what I have read about NC she didn't always do what she said she was doing. Remember she was late to watch the kids the last time Brad tried to play tennis. Maybe he thought she was just pulling another of her stunts. I think the way JA jumped into this thing she may have known where NC was.

According to JA's calendar NC wasn't supposed to paint. Why wouldn't this painting have been brought up at the party the night before when Brad made tennis arrangements? Who was to watch the kids? BC said NC was. How could she paint and watch kids at the same time? Its be reported that because BC didn't contact police right away he knew where NC was. From what I have read about NC she didn't always do what she said she was doing. Remember she was late to watch the kids the last time Brad tried to play tennis. Maybe he thought she was just pulling another of her stunts. I think the way JA jumped into this thing she may have known where NC was.

It's also possible that JA told NC to meet her early that next morning...under the guise of running....she did talk to her at 10:30 the night before and it was said that NC looked tired/perhaps upset, when she left the party....maybe she new that she was going to be confronted. I don't know her but JA seems to have a very strong personality.

From what I have read about NC she didn't always do what she said she was doing. Remember she was late to watch the kids the last time Brad tried to play tennis. Maybe he thought she was just pulling another of her stunts. I think the way JA jumped into this thing she may have known where NC was.

Mike Hiller's affy says that Brad was 45 min late the last time they played tennis due to Nancy being late coming home. In this case Nancy was gone for six hours before Brad "started to get concerned" (according to his affy). Nancy had never disappeared for six hours before. And the one time she does...it's because she's dead.

Mike Hiller's affy says that Brad was 45 min late the last time they played tennis due to Nancy being late coming home. In this case Nancy was gone for six hours before Brad "started to get concerned" (according to his affy). Nancy had never disappeared for six hours before. And the one time she does...it's because she's dead.

Still does not add up, surely someone else at that party can confirm if NC did in fact call BC from the BBQ and hand the phone to MH so that they could confirm the tennis plans....if this is the case then the whole NC was supposed to be at JA's house to paint the next morning seems even less likely than before.

When you make plans the night before, do you mark it in your calendar?

Hinky! And BC did not seem to be getting ready for tennis. He was busy cleaning.

Hinky! And BC did not seem to be getting ready for tennis. He was busy cleaning.

Besides throwing a pair of shorts, shoes and shirt, what else do you have to to to "get ready" to play tennis?

And NC did not seem to be getting ready to go paint...

He sure was cleaning that morning. Lots of cleaning. Lots of laundry. I'd like to hire such a cleaning/laundering maven.

Besides throwing a pair of shorts, shoes and shirt, what else do you have to to to "get ready" to play tennis?

And NC did not seem to be getting ready to go paint...

It's really difficult to get ready to do anything when you've been strangled and your body was dumped. In fact it tends to make you late for every single thing you planned or wanted to do.

It's really difficult to get ready to do anything when you've been strangled and your body was dumped. In fact it tends to make you late for every single thing you planned or wanted to do.

Wow, that was so super uncalled for...

Yes, very difficult to get ready for anything under those circumstances. Every once in a while, I think that we need to be reminded of that.

Wow, that was so super uncalled for...

No more so than Nancy's murder, which was the most uncalled for of all. According to the autopsy, Nancy's death was in the range of the time she was last seen and went 'missing.' She was certainly dead no later than 8am (and the range will include before 7am).

A lot of people seem to have focused on the keys, phone and necklace. It is possible that when NC left the house that morning, she had all of those items with her. If JA went over to the house, she could have easily brought back the keys, phone and necklace. This is just a thought, outside of the box with no facts to back it up, other than JA was at the house. Some have argued that BC could not get the sports bra off or on because it is difficult to do so, a man of his strength could have done so, a woman maybe not. Shirts, shorts, socks and shoes are easy to remove for anyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tammyb1025