Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
HeartOfTexas we need you!!!! You are the geneologist in the this family. We need a family tree on Brody like yesterday.
I'm here, Sherlock, but I doubt I will be any good as it relates to Brody. How do you do a family tree on a man with probably a false name and no clue where he came from? And both names... George and Brody... are very common names and could and will show up in any number of family trees. If someone has some good solid information on who George Brody really is, I will put forth the effort to trace his family ties. But I truly don't have the time to trace every George Brody without having a clue how to decide which one, if any, are him. Personally, I don't even think that's his real name. But that's JMHO.

mfmangel1 said:

What were GW's and GB's alibis for the day Anna disappeared?

I believe Annasmom stated that GW owned a Volkswagon 411 squareback. Did anyone remember seeing that vehicle in the area in the days leading up to Anna's disappearance? Was the car searched by LE? What happened to the car after GW's death?

It has been stated that the home/property could be viewed from certain sites. Were any tire tracks taken by LE?

It has been stated that a friend saw a white van with an older man and a younger man on the same road as the home just prior to the abduction. Did LE verify if a van had been rented by GW or GB recently for any reason?

I am just praying that the BFH will finally give up it's secrets.
All I know is that LE notified GW of Anna's disappearance (I believe they located him through his job) and that they were satisfied with his alibi and did not question him further, though a detective did follow him for several days. It may be significant that GW and GB were not seen in their hotel rooms for about a week after Anna's disappearance (this should be verified with Joe Ford). There was no investigation regarding the white van that I know of; no tire tracks were taken, but there probably would not have been any on a paved road which was wet and rainy and had been crossed back and forth by many emergency vehicles. We thought we saw a white station wagon drive off Purisima Creek Road, down to the horse barns, turn around and leave, the first week after Anna disappeared. Nobody ever pursued this, and I am not even sure it had any significance at all. At some point, Doogie posted his thoughts on what must now seem a very cursory investigation. I think LE was under constraints of budget and time as regarded official action, and they did a lot of looking on their own time, as volunteers

I have not yet been able to identify which clinic for alcoholism rehab GW worked at prior to Anna's disappearance. Joe Ford, who trailed Waters and Brody a couple of years after Anna's disappearance, thought that it might be a clinic connected to Kaiser-Permenante, but I believe GW started there sometime after January 1973.

Some of the posters to the Rose Cole thread are continuing to question the former Synanon member as to the issue of whether Anna was there, but the woman seems to be giving conflicting answers (not by design - I am sure that she is being truthful. It is just that this was a long time ago with a lot of people coming and going from the facility. The woman also is concerned about protecting the privacy of her fellow members).

As to the issue of Brody's family tree - HoT is correct that we do not know enough about Brody to even start one. He truely was a mystery man.

There is a very large property and casualty insurance company called ACE who writes policies such as the ones you describe. I dont know however how long they have actually been writing policies in the US, I worked for a subcontracted company under them several years back and do know that they have been in existence for a long time and are based in Bermuda. I couldnt tell you much else about them.

http://www.acelimited.com/AceLimitedRoot/

For future reference the following are commonly used medical shorthand:

/c - with
/s - without
/a - before
/p - after
ii or II (ll) - 2
i or I (l) - 1

hs - at bedtime
ac - before meals
pc - after meals

scotch117 said:
There is a very large property and casualty insurance company called ACE who writes policies such as the ones you describe. I dont know however how long they have actually been writing policies in the US, I worked for a subcontracted company under them several years back and do know that they have been in existence for a long time and are based in Bermuda. I couldnt tell you much else about them.

http://www.acelimited.com/AceLimitedRoot/
I checked out the link listed - the company became ACE in 1985. The lineage of the company does go back to 1972, but under a different name, so this is not what GW was referring to in his note. Nice work, Scotch, even if it wasn't what he referred to!

scotch117 said:
For future reference the following are commonly used medical shorthand:

/c - with
/s - without
/a - before
/p - after
ii or II (ll) - 2
i or I (l) - 1

hs - at bedtime
ac - before meals
pc - after meals
Thanks for the translation - it may come in real handy deciphering any new notes that may be discovered.

If you need help deciphering medicalese, just holler, I write a lot of it myself so it's second nature for me to read it.

Dr. Doogie said:
No record was kept of its contents beyond the cash. Interestingly enough, the total of cash came to $16,970.09
I wonder if this was the amount of a check that was cashed at the bank and all the money put in a safe deposit box right then and there. It does seem to be an odd amount to put away.

RE: other items left unclaimed in safe deposit boxes in CA-it is my understanding that documents are destroyed, items of value are auctioned and the money is held for claimants, then absorbed by the state after a number of years (I forget how many years).

It has been confirmed by several different people from Synanon that the younger girl in the picture is not Anna. Also the name "Christian" on the shoebox was a young boy who lived there.

SherlockJr said:
It has been confirmed by several different people from Synanon that the younger girl in the picture is not Anna. Also the name "Christian" on the shoebox was a young boy who lived there.
In the Rose thread JulieL, when asked if she recognized Anna's picture she said Yes. Later on when asked to clarify this she stated that many blond girls look alike. I happen to think Anna is very unique looking . Although, I think Anna's dissapearnce is unlikley to be tied t synanon I would like a clarification from Juliel as to why she thought she recognized Anna.

mjak

I am getting the impression that the Synanon connection is turning out to be dead end. Two different sources have identified the girl by different names (both of which were born in 1971). It appears that the picture's date has been misidentified - appears to be from circa 1976-77 based on the age of the girl.

JulieL stated that she recognized the picture of Anna as someone who was in Synanon, but remember: 1) This was 30 years ago, and 2) there were a lot of children in the group. I do not know how much weight to apply to her statement.

mysteriew said:
Have you heard anything from NCMEC yet?
Not a word. I sent my email request to both Gerry Nance and his assistant who had made the original offer of photo comparisons. I will contact them by phone next week and see what they are doing.

itscreenw - thanks for posting the plates. As a gut reaction I say the bottom two plates on the left. I am leasning to the far lest on the bottom - 63-85 (with the 68 sticker). Thanks for posting those - this is just my gut reaction -

Annasmom, since we think GW knew what happened to Anna, have you thought that maybe when he died that his social security benifits would go to her? She would have been only 14 years old at the time of his death and if she was with someone whom he had arranged to take care of her they would have applied for his benifits to go to her.

Have you thought of hiring an attorney to check into it? He could petition the courts and get a court order directing the social security office to release anything pretaining to his social security benefits as to whom it was paid out to and the address... This would also work if he had her name changed. Just a thought, but might be worth looking into..........

Annasbro said:
itscreenw - thanks for posting the plates. As a gut reaction I say the bottom two plates on the left. I am leasning to the far lest on the bottom - 63-85 (with the 68 sticker). Thanks for posting those - this is just my gut reaction -
Hey Annasbro~good to see ya!! You're welcome. The last week or so has really been productive here. Lots of developments. Glad the plates were of some use. They may be helpful in the future.

I contacted MONY over the weekend and they responded this morning: they did not have any life insurance or accidental death policies issued to George Waters. This makes the note all that much more curious. Either the word is not "MONY" or the Georges tried to get a policy and failed.

kyresearcher said:
Annasmom, since we think GW knew what happened to Anna, have you thought that maybe when he died that his social security benifits would go to her? She would have been only 14 years old at the time of his death and if she was with someone whom he had arranged to take care of her they would have applied for his benifits to go to her.

Have you thought of hiring an attorney to check into it? He could petition the courts and get a court order directing the social security office to release anything pretaining to his social security benefits as to whom it was paid out to and the address... This would also work if he had her name changed. Just a thought, but might be worth looking into..........
It's a really good idea, but I'd have to find some way other than hiring a lawyer to do it, since that would cost an arm and a leg. Really good thinking. Thank you.

Annasmom said:
It's a really good idea, but I'd have to find some way other than hiring a lawyer to do it, since that would cost an arm and a leg. Really good thinking. Thank you.
Annasmom:

I have GW's SSN. I will see what info I can find out from the SSA.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
audreyshura