Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Did anyone find an obit for this Bobby/Anthony who died in Philly in 78? I would think that an obit would tell something about his boxing career and verify that it was definitely him.

As you folks know from all this research, some names (in boxing) appear again and again.

PS thanks for the help.

laini said:
This is great news Annasmom!

So why couldn't they give you info on any passports for Anna, but they could for George? That surprised me since you are her mother and she was a minor at that time.
I guess they go by her age at the present, not by the age she went missing. Anyway, they insisted that those were the rules, and no amount of pleading would change their minds.

I suspect that a request from the California Department of Justice signed by the Attorney General himself may be treated a little differently. This may be how AG Brown may be of assistance.

I have two additional pictures of George Waters from 1979 attached. (I had previous misidentified the date of some of the pictures that I posted as 1974 - they are from 1979 when Joe Ford tailed the two Georges.

Attachments

• GW_1979_1.jpg
    GW_1979_1.jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 103
  • GW_1979_2.jpg
    GW_1979_2.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 103
Dr. Doogie said:
I have two additional pictures of George Waters from 1979 attached. (I had previous misidentified the date of some of the pictures that I posted as 1974 - they are from 1979 when Joe Ford tailed the two Georges.
I contacted the passport office again this morning. It has been two weeks since they telephoned me and said they had found some information on GW's passport and would be mailing it to me. I mailed this original request for information in July. Isn't there a saying about the wheels of justice moving slowly?

Annasmom said:
I contacted the passport office again this morning. It has been two weeks since they telephoned me and said they had found some information on GW's passport and would be mailing it to me. I mailed this original request for information in July. Isn't there a saying about the wheels of justice moving slowly?
Someone, give me the rest of that quote. The information just arrived, and boy, is it fascinating. Highlights: GW applied for a new passport in July, 1971, claiming that his old passport was destroyed in a fire. He states an approximate date of departure as October, 1972 for a one or two-month stay in Europe and Greece. The passport office only issued part of this last application because of his letter saying no next of kin be notified in case of his death, but rather only "my personal friend and confidant" (blacked out with marker) and disregard any and all previous mention of kin--apart from the name of (blacked out with marker) which is the name I submitted to you in 1971." The copies are high-quality photocopies with a rather good face-on photograph of GW.

Annasmom said:
...The passport office only issued part of this last application because of his letter saying no next of kin be notified in case of his death, but rather only "my personal friend and confidant" (blacked out with marker) and disregard any and all previous mention of kin--apart from the name of (blacked out with marker) which is the name I submitted to you in 1971." ...
There is a letter in the Box from Hell where Waters requested that no next-of-kin be notified of his death, only George Brody. For extra added emphasis, the letter included the studio portrait of Brody and said that the State Department should only talk to the same person that was in the photo.

Dr. Doogie said:
There is a letter in the Box from Hell where Waters requested that no next-of-kin be notified of his death, only George Brody. For extra added emphasis, the letter included the studio portrait of Brody and said that the State Department should only talk to the same person that was in the photo.
Brody, of course, died before GW (or at least we think he did; the death certificate was made out by GW), but the State Department honored the request not to notify any family. They were good enough, however, to send the documents with only Brody's name blacked out. You are right, Doogie, that there were copies of these do-not-notify instructions in the BFH. It's beyond me why he should have thought this was necessary, but the letters are in that strange style which sounds as if it were dictated by somebody from the eighteen-hundreds.

Annasmom said:
Someone, give me the rest of that quote. The information just arrived, and boy, is it fascinating. Highlights: GW applied for a new passport in July, 1971, claiming that his old passport was destroyed in a fire. He states an approximate date of departure as October, 1972 for a one or two-month stay in Europe and Greece. The passport office only issued part of this last application because of his letter saying no next of kin be notified in case of his death, but rather only "my personal friend and confidant" (blacked out with marker) and disregard any and all previous mention of kin--apart from the name of (blacked out with marker) which is the name I submitted to you in 1971." The copies are high-quality photocopies with a rather good face-on photograph of GW.
I am understanding a photograph of GW was sent with this information? This could be a good photo to be sent to NCMEC for the next age progression of Anna.

Annasmom said:
Brody, of course, died before GW (or at least we think he did; the death certificate was made out by GW), but the State Department honored the request not to notify any family. They were good enough, however, to send the documents with only Brody's name blacked out. You are right, Doogie, that there were copies of these do-not-notify instructions in the BFH. It's beyond me why he should have thought this was necessary, but the letters are in that strange style which sounds as if it were dictated by somebody from the eighteen-hundreds.
Brody evidently was concerned that Waters's family members would try and get in on any insurance policies that paid out. Brody was just covering his a$$.

"The wheels of Justice grind slow, but they grind exceedingly fine."

I've been looking around the internet for any information on "George Brody" I checked out genealogy.com and someone named George Brody married a woman named Lilia Sgarrella and had 2 kids David Brody born in 1948 and Linda Brody born in 1951. I then looked in Newspaper archive under "Sgarrella" and there werent many listings but those that were listed were listed in either PA or MD. I'll dig further if no one has checked this out yet.

GraceBlue said:
I've been looking around the internet for any information on "George Brody" I checked out genealogy.com and someone named George Brody married a woman named Lilia Sgarrella and had 2 kids David Brody born in 1948 and Linda Brody born in 1951. I then looked in Newspaper archive under "Sgarrella" and there werent many listings but those that were listed were listed in either PA or MD. I'll dig further if no one has checked this out yet.
Looks interesting. It would fit Brody's narcissism to have abandoned two children and the PA connection is intriguing. Let us know what you find.

GraceBlue said:
I found several people with that surname in (Novato), CA, FL and VA.
Novato is a stone's throw from San Francisco.

http://www.zabasearch.com/query1_zaba.php?sname=Sgarrella&state=ALL&ref=&se=&doby=&city=&name_style=1

i saw the page and its looking good so far i will add him to my top friends

Awesome work on the MySpace page - very well done. My favorite is the background music - I love it!

laini said:
Nice page! I have an off topic question. What is the background photo? (looks like an old town). Did you pick it from a gallery of backgrounds? Or is it from this case? thx.
Just picked it from a gallery of vintage backgrounds. I thought it fit George. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l