Theory #2: Family Abduction by George Waters with George Brody and/or Associates

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I took the pics into my photo software... while the mouths and noses are eerily similar, the eyes don't match up and the ears are completely wrong... and as DOA cop (in Rose Cole's thread) once told us... ears are very telling...

Dr. Doogie said:
There was some mention that Brody was originally from Pennsylvania in the coroner's investigation of Brody's death, but I do not know where that info came from. You are correct concerning the age of this Braudy - this would have made Brody 93 at his death which does seem too old.

I did find a George Brody from PA that graduated high shool around 1941 (which would have meant a birth year of around 1923-24). However, the high school yearbook picture does not look like our Brody (broader face and much smaller ears). Also, it appears that this Brody is still alive and still living in the PA. However, I will post the picture for your opinions:

Yearbook photo
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoogief/detail?.dir=aac9&.dnm=788dre2.jpg&.src=ph

Brody Portrait (for comparison)
http://pg.photos.yahoo.com/ph/drdoogief/detail?.dir=aac9&.dnm=2d6cre2.jpg&.src=ph

Hi am a newbie here. I found the threads on Anna yesterday and I am just overwhelmed by what I have read.... My heart goes out to anna's family and all of you, who are constantly and still searching for her.

I've read through nearly all the posts (I think) - and have accumulated some notes I would be happy to share. They are long, about 12 pages in a word document.

I was having a really hard time believing that "eiffee" was a random word, so I did some digging.... I found a boy named George with a sister "Eiffee", both that would have been born about the right time. This is from the 1910 Census in Caddo County, MO. Link to the page is below.

COSBY JOHN F. H M W 36 MO NY IL (dad)
LULA W F W 31 MO IA FL (mom)
BERNICE D F W 8 OK MO MO
LOLETA D F W 6 OK MO MO
GEORGIE D F W 4 OK MO MO
FREDA D F W 2 OK MO MO
EIFFEE D F W 6/12 OK MO MO
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ok/caddo/census/banrtwsp.txt

There a couple of disturbing things:

1) I am unable to locate any other information about eiffee (such as a death record) and the siblings, they seem to have disapeared. I found one record for a george cobsy 1920 census in st charles MO.

2) I understand you have researched Margaret Kukoda, but when I did the same searches, I found what appears to be a false SSN.

KUKODA MARGARET
08/03/1917
F
SAN FRANCISCO(90)
08/03/1967
569-*advertiser censored*-XX
50 yrs

she has a SSN that would seem to be from California, not pennsylvania based on the group code (first 3 digits).

545-573 == California Group

http://www.ssa.gov/employer/stateweb.htm

According to usinfosearch.com, the person with that SSN is not reported dead?
Maybe it is a long shot, but could George Brody be George Cosby and Margaret Kukoda be his sister Eiffee? Perhaps he really wanted the name because she died shortly before Anna was born? and that is why he felt she was reincarnated in Anna? or perhaps something happened to Eiffee? Maybe Margaret was legit, or one of the other sisters??

Why would margaret have a bad SSN on her death certificate and could GW have falsified it somehow, since he was her DR, like he did with Brody? Or is the info I found somehow incorrect?

It just seems off somehow. From what I have seen, no one has been able to link george brody to the name eiffee and perhaps here is start, I dont know.

I am so tired, but there is more. I hope it can be helpful.

USA_OK_GI7_1970's.jpg

These are similar to the ones that Anna's brother said seemed familiar and the cosby family had ties to Oklahoma. Just a thought.

mbroemsen@neo.rr.com said:
Hi am a newbie here. I found the threads on Anna yesterday and I am just overwhelmed by what I have read.... My heart goes out to anna's family and all of you, who are constantly and still searching for her.

I've read through nearly all the posts (I think) - and have accumulated some notes I would be happy to share. They are long, about 12 pages in a word document.

I was having a really hard time believing that "eiffee" was a random word, so I did some digging.... I found a boy named George with a sister "Eiffee", both that would have been born about the right time. This is from the 1910 Census in Caddo County, MO. Link to the page is below.

COSBY JOHN F. H M W 36 MO NY IL (dad)
LULA W F W 31 MO IA FL (mom)
BERNICE D F W 8 OK MO MO
LOLETA D F W 6 OK MO MO
GEORGIE D F W 4 OK MO MO
FREDA D F W 2 OK MO MO
EIFFEE D F W 6/12 OK MO MO
http://ftp.rootsweb.com/pub/usgenweb/ok/caddo/census/banrtwsp.txt

There a couple of disturbing things:

1) I am unable to locate any other information about eiffee (such as a death record) and the siblings, they seem to have disapeared. I found one record for a george cobsy 1920 census in st charles MO.

2) I understand you have researched Margaret Kukoda, but when I did the same searches, I found what appears to be a false SSN.

KUKODA MARGARET
08/03/1917
F
SAN FRANCISCO(90)
08/03/1967
569-XX-XXXX
50 yrs

she has a SSN that would seem to be from California, not pennsylvania based on the group code (first 3 digits).

545-573 == California Group

http://www.ssa.gov/employer/stateweb.htm

According to usinfosearch.com, the person with that SSN is not reported dead?
Maybe it is a long shot, but could George Brody be George Cosby and Margaret Kukoda be his sister Eiffee? Perhaps he really wanted the name because she died shortly before Anna was born? and that is why he felt she was reincarnated in Anna? or perhaps something happened to Eiffee? Maybe Margaret was legit, or one of the other sisters??

Why would margaret have a bad SSN on her death certificate and could GW have falsified it somehow, since he was her DR, like he did with Brody? Or is the info I found somehow incorrect?

It just seems off somehow. From what I have seen, no one has been able to link george brody to the name eiffee and perhaps here is start, I dont know.

Welcome mbroemsen, you got my head spining now. Is the Georgie listed in the Census a female-white? It looks like they are all females. I may be wrong about that. And Effie was born in 1909-1910 being 6months old on the 1910 census. According to death record, she was born in 1917. However, you raise a good point about the ssn still supposedly in use today. Could that have been GB's ssn? Don't stop now, you're off to a good start! :)

I guess I missed the "F" on georgie that would make her female, and are the ages in months or years? I read that as 6 1/2 years, etc? I am not totally familiar. Even if that is not our george, perhaps he knew her?

DrDoogie, or anyone else who remembers,will you please refresh my memory of the birthdate of GB in the BFH. I know I read it but can't find it. It was on a prescription or something from the drug store. I know that we all agreed that he probably wasn't born in 1935 but maybe the month and date is correct. I need it if someone would provide it for me....thanks

Anna’s mom mentioned that Brody “was in his 60s” when he met GW, which was around the time of Anna’s birth. That would put Brody’s birth year around 1907 (if he was exactly 60)

Now, Dr. Doogie said (post #117) “On July 30th, 1970, Waters presented it Brody as a "birthday gift" (remember, Brody claimed to have been born August 15th, 1925).”

p.s. does anyone know how to change the username so its not my email addy?

Anna’s mom mentioned that Brody “was in his 60s” when he met GW, which was around the time of Anna’s birth. That would put Brody’s birth year around 1907 (if he was exactly 60)

Now, Dr. Doogie said (post #117) “On July 30th, 1970, Waters presented it Brody as a "birthday gift" (remember, Brody claimed to have been born August 15th, 1925).”
You are quick mb, and a very good note taker. :)

I don't know if Ca. probate files are public or private. If someone could access Margaret Kukoda's file from 1967 and see who was appointed executor of her estate and see who her moneys or property was distributed to it might hold some important info. If GB lived with her for years he may have had the authority to handle her affairs when she died, since she had no children. If he was a brother and signed any of the papers then the signatures could be compared with any writing of GB.

LinasK said:
I know you're new, but I suggest you edit your post so you don't reveal the whole social security # of a person who could be innocent. Many people could use this for nefarious purposes.

Yes - I agree that SS #'s probably shouldn't be posted on the forum. Not a safe thing to do. However, since you felt compelled to quote his/her entire post including the disputed SS number - perhaps, LinasK - it would be only fair if you went back and edited your own post as well. MB has already edited his/her post.

Welcome to Websleuths, MBroemsen! :)

13th Juror

13th Juror said:

Yes - I agree that SS #'s probably shouldn't be posted on the forum. Not a safe thing to do. However, since you felt compelled to quote his/her entire post including the disputed SS number - perhaps, LinasK - it would be only fair if you went back and edited your own post as well. MB has already edited his/her post.

Welcome to Websleuths, MBroemsen! :)

13th Juror
Done! Thank-you for pointing this out... I see Sherlock has edited his/her post quoting it too...

1) I am unable to locate any other information about eiffee (such as a death record) and the siblings, they seem to have disapeared.
[/font]

Welcome! Reading all the pages must have taken you hours, but you quickly got the gist of it. Because the name "Eifee" supposedly had some numerological significance to Brody, it's probably important that it be spelled with just one "F", as it is on the amended birth certificate. Thanks for all your hard work.

HeartofTexas said:
In the meantime, I'm going to check on a few variations of the spelling on Brody because him changing the spelling of his name makes a lot of sense to me... more so than changing his entire name.

HoT, while you're checking spelling variations... do you think it might make sense to check Prouty, as in post #37 of this thread, too? As I said back there, it's most likely nothing but coincidence, but I find that I keep thinking about it...

Hi Anna's Mom... Thank you so much for the warm welcome... You and your family are very strong and wonderful and I so hope you are able to reunite with Anna soon.

Just as a note, I used the "Eiffee" (2-f) spelling based on what I found in some of Doogie's posts, so perhaps it should be corrected. I will rerun my searches, since I dismissed anything that was spelled the other (correct) way. I understand the numerology aspect, but don't you feel he had to have heard the name / word somewhere before? I am also still curious about the false SSN I found, so perhaps Doogie can check that when he has time.

Have you ever worked with a criminal behavioralist? The reason I ask...

This was a high-risk crime, meaning that occurred in the middle of the day in a place where strangers are easily noticed. It also occurred near your home, so the person was not afraid to be caught near/on the property. So, the person(s) committing had to be confident that:

1) They had a plausible excuse that would not raise suspicions if they were noticed;
2) They were familiar enough with Anna to know she would be trusting and not alert anyone; OR
3) They would not be caught, or did not care (pretty cocky either way).

Also, there was no way the abductor(s) could know that Anna would be outside and accessible at that exact time, especially when it was for just 10-15 minutes. The abductor(s) had to be nearby, waiting for an opportunity. And they were prepared to act quickly, at that precise moment. That could only have happened if they were able to watch her movements on a regular basis.

It seems less likely that the couple from the car randomnly came back a month later and it just happened to be the same 15 minutes Anna was outside. At a bare minimum, they would have had to sit and wait somewhere in close view of your home or keep driving by - both things that could arouse suspicion, especially if they had out of state plates.

This really leads me to believe that someone close to your family, rather than a random person, is somehow involved - perhaps even someone in the neighborhood that you didn't know well, but had an excuse to be there. (Or could they have been hiding the woods during this time? That might make sense based upon what I read, but would you have noticed if they were there for a few days?)

After reading all the posts, Brody seems like the most likely suspect, as he is the only one with a motivation. Since he couldn't do this himself, he would have had to find someone close enough to Anna to watch her movements, w/o creating any suspicison... Do you think its possible he could have found and convinced someone to do this?

I understand that, over the years, most of your friends and neighbors have been eliminated as suspects. BUT, is it possible that there are a few you feel could be re-checked for links to Brody? So much time has passed - perhaps this person has left new clues. Is there anyone that you have not had contact with for a long time, that fell off your radar not too long after Anna disappeared?

I've also read some suggestions that you contact the FBI and I hope you do. If you are not already familiar, there is a special agent Dayle Hinman that has a show called Cold Case on Court TV. I think she could really help point you and Doogie in the right direction, as she specializes in criminal behavior. It might give your investigation a tighter focus. She normally works on crimes in Palm Beach County (FL), where I used to live, but she does go to other locations. How would you feel about contacting her?

I hope you don't mind, but I have two more questions... hopefully no one has asked you.

1) Do you think it is possible Anna is out of the country? I ask because I am about Anna's age, and I need my SSN for everything. If she was given a false one, I would think that normal day to day life might have caused her some problems eventually - banking, jobs, marriage, taxes, travel, etc. Is there a way to find out if her real one is being used and have you checked?

2) Did Brody have any kind of an accent? I grew up about an 1 1/2 hour from Pittsburgh, PA and there are often distinct language and pronunciation differences. Sometimes they are subtle, but having grown up here, we notice them. For example: the pronuncation of the word "roof", basement vs cellar, put away vs put up (usually in reference to cleaning), jumbo vs bologna, and so on.And despite moving to another region, they dont often lose every nuance of the language. Many times, you can still tell if you listen closely. We can often tell who is from PA or WV, but it is nearly impossible to distinguish a difference between, say Ohio and Michigan.

Bucks, PA is way on the other side of the state, but it is outside of Philly, close to NY. I imagine the accents/language would be different, but still noticable.

The lack of an obvious accent could indicate that he was more from the Midwest - Ohio, Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, etc. (That is why radio and tv journalists from the midwest are often preferred candidates, especially for national programs.)

I found several GW that might fit if he was from NY, PA or even NJ. I also found some references to Scotland.

Do you have any thoughts on this?

I apologize for the long post but I wasnt sure if anyone touched on some of these thoughts yet....

spikydragon said:
HoT, while you're checking spelling variations... do you think it might make sense to check Prouty, as in post #37 of this thread, too? As I said back there, it's most likely nothing but coincidence, but I find that I keep thinking about it...
I started an excel spreadsheet of possibilities so it could be more easily cross-referenced. It has the spelling variations I found.

IF you want it, email me. My email addy is on my posts, since I cant figure out how to change it LOL

Welcome mbroemsen! I look forward to reading what you are finding.

Well, today I have amused myself by looking up every male sibling of Margaret Kukoda (that was available as of the 1930 Federal Census), to see if any of them could possibly have changed their names to Brody... but all 5 of them are now deceased and show up on the SSDi records... so I guess Brody wasn't her brother. I did, however, find several of Margaret's nephews... so if Doogie, if you need any of their phone numbers, please just PM me.

Welcome to WS, MBRoemsen! You've brought up some very interesting points (possible incorrect SS# for Margaret Kukoda) and asked some great questions.

And Spiky, it sounds like MB can probably do a better job of researching the name Prouty, so unless I hear back from you on it, I think we should let her do it and add it to the spreadsheet. And if I do any research on the name myself, I'll let MB know anything noteworthy so she can add it.

[/QUOTE:] Have you ever worked with a criminal behavioralist? The reason I ask...This was a high-risk crime, meaning that occurred in the middle of the day in a place where strangers are easily noticed. It also occurred near your home, so the person was not afraid to be caught near/on the property. So, the person(s) committing had to be confident that:
They had a plausible excuse that would not raise suspicions if they were noticed; she would be trusting and not alert anyone;
Also, there was no way the abductor(s) could know that Anna would be outside and accessible at that exact time, especially when it was for just 10-15 minutes. The abductor(s) had to be nearby, waiting for an opportunity. And they were prepared to act quickly, at that precise moment. That could only have happened if they were able to watch her movements on a regular basis. At a bare minimum, they would have had to sit and wait somewhere in close view of your home or keep driving by - both things that could arouse suspicion, especially if they had out of state plates.
I've also read some suggestions that you contact the FBI and I hope you do. If you are not already familiar, there is a special agent Dayle Hinman that has a show called Cold Case on Court TV.
[ Do you think it is possible Anna is out of the country? I ask because I am about Anna's age, and I need my SSN for everything. If she was given a false one, I would think that normal day to day life might have caused her some problems eventually -
Did Brody have any kind of an accent? I grew up about an 1 1/2 hour from Pittsburgh, PA and there are often distinct language and pronunciation differences. Sometimes they are subtle, but having grown up here, we notice them.
[/QUOTE]

I'll try to answer your questions as well as I can, but I'm going from last to first: He had some kind of regional accent, but I can't tell you what it was...northeast U. S., I think. Regarding the SSN, Anna did not have one. And, yes, I think it is quite possible that she is out of the country. Re the Cold Case show, I have no objection (of course), but so far there has been little interest in our case outside of this forum, which is WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL, and let me say it again, WONDERFUL. I haven't heard of criminal behaviorists outside of BBC mysteries. It is difficult to picture without being there, but in the rural area where we lived, it would have been very, very easy to observe the farm for minutes, days, or weeks without being seen. The school bus could be watched along its route as well. We ourselves had not had contact with Brody for almost five years, and so it is difficult to know who his contacts were. I am positive that our neighbors (most of whom are still around here) did not know him. It is possible that someone living near her school could have been involved. Out of the many possibilities, Doogie is narrowing things down. The FBI is aware of this case and has a file on it. If I skipped a question, please ask me again...and I do appreciate your interest and input. By the way, have you contacted the forum administrator about changing your user name? That's the way to do it.[Have you

Welcome, mbroemsen@neo.rr.com. You really have applied yourself to the search! Let me see if I can answer your questions.

Just as a note, I used the "Eiffee" (2-f) spelling based on what I found in some of Doogie's posts, so perhaps it should be corrected. I will rerun my searches, since I dismissed anything that was spelled the other (correct) way.
I can only explain this by my being drunk when I made that mistake. Oh yeah, I don't drink...

The one "F" is correct. I must have accidently typed in two on some posts. My bad... :slap:

I understand the numerology aspect, but don't you feel he had to have heard the name / word somewhere before?
It would make sense that he was familar with the name (as rare as it is) to have suggested it.

I am also still curious about the false SSN I found, so perhaps Doogie can check that when he has time.
Please send me the SSN via email and I will check it out compared to Margaret's death certificate.

This was a high-risk crime, meaning that occurred in the middle of the day in a place where strangers are easily noticed. It also occurred near your home, so the person was not afraid to be caught near/on the property. So, the person(s) committing had to be confident that:

1) They had a plausible excuse that would not raise suspicions if they were noticed;
2) They were familiar enough with Anna to know she would be trusting and not alert anyone; OR
3) They would not be caught, or did not care (pretty cocky either way).

Also, there was no way the abductor(s) could know that Anna would be outside and accessible at that exact time, especially when it was for just 10-15 minutes. The abductor(s) had to be nearby, waiting for an opportunity. And they were prepared to act quickly, at that precise moment. That could only have happened if they were able to watch her movements on a regular basis.

It seems less likely that the couple from the car randomnly came back a month later and it just happened to be the same 15 minutes Anna was outside. At a bare minimum, they would have had to sit and wait somewhere in close view of your home or keep driving by - both things that could arouse suspicion, especially if they had out of state plates.

This really leads me to believe that someone close to your family, rather than a random person, is somehow involved - perhaps even someone in the neighborhood that you didn't know well, but had an excuse to be there. (Or could they have been hiding the woods during this time? That might make sense based upon what I read, but would you have noticed if they were there for a few days?)
I believe that someone familiar with the school schedule would have known when Anna was to arrive home. I do not know if specifically it was Anna's habit, but I know a lot of kids immediately go outside once they arrive home to play. I believe whoever took her knew enough about her patterns to pick a time when she would be home and not being watched. I do not believe that anyone could have sat there for days waiting, however, without drawing some attention.

I will have to finish my responses at a later time. Gotta run...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kaffro