There was a body found in the desert area where JP was the night of her disappearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I hope this is Susan. As others have said so that she can come home, her family have closure and Josh brought to justice.

The fact that so far they have not found the upper half of the torso, leads me to believe it may be Susan, because I believe and sorry to be graphic here that he desecrated her using the cutting torch he was said to have purchased, making it much harder to identfy the remains......

Was that a foot sticking out of that patch of sagebrush?

The two investigated further, and discovered the lower half of a highly decomposed human body.

“The pants are what I saw, he noticed the foot,” Hogan said Monday. “It was pretty well decomposed, still some toes that were there, but the rest of the flesh was off of it. It was just bones.”

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51822949-78/body-hogan-county-family.html.csp

I took that comment to mean that there was flesh if the "rest of the flesh" was gone... maybe just bad wording?

Hopefully they found more than the lower half...

That's true, I forgot that part! I still think it could be her, though. There could be partial mummification in the cold, dry desert.

If not, how many bodies do they have out there in UT? Which number is this now?

They just said on Fox 13 news at 11am... State anthropologists are on scene, they are trying to locate the rest of the body, they don't yet know if it is a man or a woman and "the remains do NOT appear to be those of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell."

They didn't say who said that... just "authorities".... maybe they just mixed her up with the soldier... they didn't mention the body not being him. I see nowhere else that they have said it doesn't appear to be Susan. :waitasec:

Fox 13 has news at NOON as well... 45 minutes from now. I would imagine they would repeat the same thing.

http://www.fox13now.com/live/

Wanted to bump this up...

I still am not seeing it anywhere else (am I really the only one who watched the news at 11 to see if they said anything?)

Fox 13 hasn't updated their website... neither have others...

I will watch the news at Noon as well...

Wanted to bump this up...

I still am not seeing it anywhere else (am I really the only one who watched the news at 11 to see if they said anything?)

Fox 13 hasn't updated their website... neither have others...

I will watch the news at Noon as well...

If Susan had been ruled out officially and "authorities" were saying so, everyone would be reporting it. Was that Fox 13?

Saying a prayer for Susan and her family.

If someone could please email me at tgrif@xmission.com when an announcement is made I would appreciate it.

Things are crazy on the forum and I want to make sure I change my message on the front of the forums page when we find out if it is or isn't Susan.
Thank you

If Susan had been ruled out officially and "authorities" were saying so, everyone would be reporting it. Was that Fox 13?

I know, that's what I am thinking.

I am thinking that they saw the "aware of speculation it might be Susan" and the "isn't the missing soldier from Dugway" and simply combined the two. That's what I am hoping anyway.

But it was CLEAR. They said it, clearly. Just as I quoted.

Will you (or anyone else) PLEASE watch Fox 13 news at Noon too? So if they don't correct it by then (which hopefully someone will figure out the mistake by then) someone else can verify I'm not losing my mind?

The live stream works well if it's needed:

No Immediate ID Of Body Found In Utah Desert"

By Associated Press
POSTED: 10:41 am MDT May 16, 2011

PARTIAL QUOTE:
(Tooele County Sheriff's Lt. Travis) Sharmann tells KSL-TV ... authorities didn't immediately know if the remains are male or female, or how long they've been there. ... Sharmann acknowledged speculation the remains may belong to Susan Powell. She's a 28-year-old West Valley City mother of two reported missing when she didn't show up for work in December 2009.​

They just said on Fox 13 news at 11am... State anthropologists are on scene, they are trying to locate the rest of the body, they don't yet know if it is a man or a woman and "the remains do NOT appear to be those of missing West Valley mother Susan Cox Powell."

They didn't say who said that... just "authorities".... maybe they just mixed her up with the soldier... they didn't mention the body not being him. I see nowhere else that they have said it doesn't appear to be Susan. :waitasec:

Fox 13 has news at NOON as well... 45 minutes from now. I would imagine they would repeat the same thing.

Interesting - the same news source but different wording:

Police have not yet determined whether the body is male or female, but they do not believe it is the soldier who went missing from Dugway last weekend.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-body-found-body-found-in-tooele-county-20110515,0,6551425.story

I know, that's what I am thinking.

I am thinking that they saw the "aware of speculation it might be Susan" and the "isn't the missing soldier from Dugway" and simply combined the two. That's what I am hoping anyway.

But it was CLEAR. They said it, clearly. Just as I quoted.

Will you (or anyone else) PLEASE watch Fox 13 news at Noon too? So if they don't correct it by then (which hopefully someone will figure out the mistake by then) someone else can verify I'm not losing my mind?

The live stream works well if it's needed:

I'm sure you heard (and reported it) correctly; I just don't believe it's an accurate report.

I'm trying to watch them all, but the big news is the Ogden gang shooting.
Unless Fox 13 gets a new report, they won't correct what they previously said -- and there doesn't seem to be any new reports. Yet.

I'm sure you heard (and reported it) correctly; I just don't believe it's an accurate report.

I'm trying to watch them all, but the big news is the Ogden gang shooting.
Unless Fox 13 gets a new report, they won't correct what they previously said -- and there doesn't seem to be any new reports. Yet.

That's what I'm thinking... someone got it mixed up.

Yeah the Fox article hasn't been updated since last night and the "No immediate ID" articles are all using the KSL article, which hasn't been updated since last night.

I am watching 5 on TV and 13 on the computer.

The Tooele County Sheriff’s Office has not yet been able to determine the gender of the body or make any other identifications. However, they have said it is not the body of Joseph Bushling, the 26-year-old missing soldier from Dugway Proving Ground since May.

The two called Tooele County dispatch and reported the body. He said the lower half looked as if an animal had dragged it a few feet from between two tall sage brushes. There were other bones scattered around, but it looked like the torso and head were not intact.

http://www.sltrib.com/sltrib/news/51822949-78/body-hogan-county-family.html.csp

Fox 13 at Noon.

Lower half of the body...

Tooele county sheriff ASSURES us it is NOT SUSAN and NOT FEMALE.

They played a video of him talking in which he said all indications are that it is not a female.

Basically what KSL said I think.

I missed KSL because I had a child screaming at me for changing the channel.

KSL just reported that it's "unlikely" that these are Susan Powell's remains but that further identification is needed.

Another roller coaster ride here... I was really hoping it was her and that justice would soon be served. Still praying for that to happen.

Map From West Valley City to Hogans Ranch:

[ame="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=d&source=s_d&saddr=West+Valley+City,+UT&daddr=Hogans+Ranch,+Rush+Valley,+UT+84069&hl=en&geocode=FZ3nbAId5v9S-SmziDX63YxShzHlrHiNmXR79Q%3BFafVaAIdY4VM-SntoqpRhqVShzEqc0U0BaUIUg&gl=us&mra=ls&sll=40.424871,-112.425629&sspn=0.008657,0.022638&g=Hogans+Ranch,+Rush+Valley,+UT&ie=UTF8&t=h&z=10"]West Valley City, UT to Hogans Ranch, Rush Valley, UT 84069 - Google Maps[/ame]

Fox 13 at Noon.

Lower half of the body...

Tooele county sheriff ASSURES us it is NOT SUSAN and NOT FEMALE.

They played a video of him talking.

Thanks.

Now I'm starting to think this is an unreported Utah case (farm worker?) or someone dumped off the I-80 route.

NAMUS lists 31 cases found based on Utah, Male <---I'm trying to figure where to go

Loading... MP # Name Date LKA Location Sex Race Age

4889 Koecher, Steven T. 12/12/2009 St.George, UT Male White 30
7464 Pinegar, Jesse G. 03/24/2008 Orem, UT Male White 22
132 Jensen, Ryan S. 03/13/2007 Erda, UT Male White 33
1867 Hutchinson, Adam 06/10/2006 sandy, UT Male White 30
1382 Berry, Jonathon D. 06/01/2006 PROVO, UT Male White 22
263 Shurtz, Raymond D. 11/26/2005 Cedar City, UT Male White 74
134 Lope, Edd D. 06/21/2005 Washington, UT Male Native American 29
5824 Bardsley, Garrett A. 08/20/2004 Cuberant Lake, UT Male White 12
137 Nichols, Jeffrey D. 06/08/2004 Salt Lake City, UT Male White 40
4359 Anderson, Steven 06/03/2004 Salt Lake County, UT Male White 47
7519 Casper, John L. 05/18/2004 Salt Lake City, UT Male White 59