There was a body found in the desert area where JP was the night of her disappearance

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Article slightly updated, but no video. No quotes from the Sheriff like was on the newscast with the actual video of him speaking.

http://www.fox13now.com/news/kstu-body-found-body-found-in-tooele-county-20110515,0,6551425.story

In the video on this page the reporter states that what was found was the lower part of the torso. No teeth at this point to compare dental records.

The Sheriff states that there are no indications at this time that it's female. More information will be gleaned as the investigation goes forward, basically.

I'm not sure if this has been mentioned..

Snipped: http://www.ksl.com/?nid=148&sid=15569301

Initial indications, based on a pair of jeans found near the remains, were that the person was male, said Tooele County Sheriff Frank Park.

THAT'S what they're going on, to determine gender? Really?
Unless they found a wallet and ID in a pocket, I think that's patently silly.

If someone wanted to make it look like a person had left of their own accord, they wouldn't leave them in jammies; they'd put pants on them. Just grab a pair. Any pair.

Okay... men's pants means it's a man... that's makes a whole lot of sense. NOT. I wear men's pants 99.9% of the time!

I still don't have hope it's Susan, but I certainly hope that they have also used the pelvic bones to determine it as well. :waitasec:

But... this is even more absurd... :innocent:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15569301

And if the victim is confirmed to be male, it would eliminate the possibility of being missing West Valley mother Susan Powell.

No really? If they are a man they aren't a mother? :floorlaugh:

Thank you, I really needed something to laugh at... :innocent: :waitasec:

Okay... men's pants means it's a man... that's makes a whole lot of sense. NOT. I wear men's pants 99.9% of the time!

I still don't have hope it's Susan, but I certainly hope that they have also used the pelvic bones to determine it as well. :waitasec:

But... this is even more absurd... :innocent:

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=148&sid=15569301

And if the victim is confirmed to be male, it would eliminate the possibility of being missing West Valley mother Susan Powell.

No really? If they are a man they aren't a mother? :floorlaugh:

Thank you, I really needed something to laugh at... :innocent: :waitasec:

Thank you for laughing. I about burst a vein in my neck, when I read that.

THAT'S what they're going on, to determine gender? Really?
Unless they found a wallet and ID in a pocket, I think that's patently silly.

If someone wanted to make it look like a person had left of their own accord, they wouldn't leave them in jammies; they'd put pants on them. Just grab a pair. Any pair.

ITA!! I thought it odd they were basing it on the jeans.

Does anyone think it possible they are downplaying this possibly being Susan in order to get their ducks in a row to arrest Josh? To keep him calm so he doesn't flee? Any possiblity? Gah! Only in Utah does "mens jeans = must be a man"!

Wouldn't the skull "normally" still be there? Would animals take a skull/head? If someone did dump the body there, maybe they did separate the torso in thinking of fingerprints and dental id. Some perps don't think of DNA... just sayin'

Who else is missing in the area?
IIRC a Stephen ??? was suppose to be missing and at 1 time
someone thought Susan and he were together??? IIRC

Where the men's pants on the skeleton or by the skeleton?
A man could of changed pants and left them there if they had blood on them, just a thought.

Local news is covering this now (as their 5pm story). Says it "does not appear to be female, and does not appear to be Susan". (Once again, because of the jeans..)

If they're able to take dna from the bones, I believe they can tell if it's a male or female. Other than that, I guess the bone structure is a bit different between male and female. But looking at the pictures of how scattered the bones are, I'm not sure they'll even have an entire skeleton.

I actually was thinking last night that it most likely wasn't Susan. I looked at some property and saw it was mini ranches or whatever. It could very well be a migrant ranch worker. I see there's a stream close by too.

They probably wanted to rule out or in Susan from the get go because of it's high visibility. Just the mention of a 'body,' and the speculation immediately was Susan. Imagine all the news trucks running wild out there!

JMHO
fran

PS......so,.................Where is Susan? :(

PPS....oh, and of course who is this lost soul? May they RIP

Does anyone think it possible they are downplaying this possibly being Susan in order to get their ducks in a row to arrest Josh? To keep him calm so he doesn't flee? Any possiblity? Gah! Only in Utah does "mens jeans = must be a man"!
I was thinking right along the same line as you on this. I hope that ends up being the case. I wish Susan were alive and well and playing with her boys, but that appears as if it will never again be. If she is gone, I pray that she is found and her loved ones can lay her to rest.

Apparently, it seems unlikely that it's Susan right now. I am glad, however, that there was such a quick response from people about this find. It's nice to know that many are still following this case. I don't know why this case struck me so, I'm way over in North Carolina, but I want to see the end of it. I will follow it as long as needed.

Nancy Grace teasing the Susan Powell story as her show begins on HLN.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
truelove
Back