They have a verdict!!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have to go away from this for a minute. I hope you all will be here, on the threads, for some days to come. I think a lot of us will still need to vent here for quite awhile.
I myself am extremely depressed, and I hope that if any of y'all out there need help to get through this, get it.
Thanks for being here, everybody.
I'm gonna go paint for a while and dream I could ever have a child as wonderful as Caylee.

xox.

GA will distance himself from the ICA and CA, and will get therapy asap to prevent another suicide attempt.

IRS will dig in thier heels, a la Capone.

The real Zaneida will prosecute to the full extent of the law and reap VERY just rewards for her shattered life.

The SA will bring additional charges, resulting in ICA having to PAY dearly for the LE efforts, since Caylee drowned 6/16/2008. ICA should now be forced to reimburse the State of FL and ALL others involved in the search for Caylee, since she was KNOWN to be dead by ICA.

:twocents:

Many thanks to all here for your insight, support & vigilance in Justice for Caylee. You guys rock! I am <disappointed> in the jury's verdict. I do not blame them for wishing to remain anonymous. Unfortunately for them, I do not think that will last long.

I believe in Karma.

Humans are not infallible.

I believe in a just God.

He wouldnt say...

Whoever offers the largest check to her for that first interview. {My bet is Geraldo is a happy man right now}

Or, maybe she'll get her RV and hit the road.

Oh, HLN is saying that the Anthonys have issued a statement coming up next. This should be good.
I can hear it already.
"Justice for Casey, is justice for Caylee", just like Cindy said how long ago??

No offense to Mr. Hornsby, but I just cant take listening to a defense attorney on this day.

But would love to hear from Yuri, or any of the many that worked so hard to seek justice for Caylee and how they deal with a verdict like this.

Agreed. We've heard enough from them. I want to hear from Caylee's heros, I need to hear from people who know what happened and know damn well what happened today.

I agree with all of you that have said you will never follow another case. Neither will I. It's a waste...huge waste.

I bet statistics will show in future years that parents killing their children will have risen. They now have a handy play by play of how to get away with it.

I hate this. I hate this. I hate this. I have no faith in our justice system. NONE. It scares me to think that someone could bring harm to one of my children and they could just walk. It scares me to think of all of the children in the US whose parents will pull a Tot Mom stunt.

I hate CM for the horribly disgusting speech he gave. It's ironic that JB will end up with more jail time that ICA probably.

I just still cannot understand why Judge P didn't overturn the verdict on any of the counts. I thought for sure he would on one of the lessers. I really dont understand. I really thought HHJP thought she was guilty and that's why he was being so careful to avoid apellate issues.

I said it earlier and I'll say it again. God help us all.

For those of us who feel so strongly about CA not benefiting financially for killing her daughter it is imperative that we pay attention to any publishing deal that she may be offered. Any publisher or media outlet who would sink to this type of deal with the devil should be protested...loudly. Letter writing, e-mails and boycotting of their products. Let's make sure that we are heard. This will be a way to ensure that our outrage at Casey's ability to lie and get away with murder will not be tolerated by those who stand for truth in this case.

Tonight, when I go pick up my 4 year old daughter from daycare, I am going to let her eat ice cream for supper, if she wants.

I am going to hug her tightly, and read her an extra story tonight at bedtime, and give her double the kisses on her forehead.

I am going to laugh with her and play with her and forget everything else that I "have to do" like laundry, and the dishes. Tonight it's all for her.

I am going to thank God for my little girl, who we were blessed and privileged with by adoption, by laughing a little more tonight and playing a little more tonight and letting her know how much she is loved and wanted and treasured every moment breath is in her body and then beyond eternity as we know it. I think that is the best way to honour Caylee: to let another child never have to feel for one second the bewilderment or pain she must have suffered at the hands of someone who was meant to love, treasure and care for her, and who failed to do so.

Bless you little Caylee. Take care of the other little angels tonight in heaven.

What a beautiful post. As a mother myself of 2 daughters, and having had miscarriages, I can relate. We're currently trying for a baby and have been for the past 4 years. Just this past weekend I held a cocaine addicted baby in my arms (foster child of a relative) - 4 days old. Things like that, the crack baby, my miscarriages, a "mother" killing her own child - makes me sick and makes me question alot of things. How many of us out there would have GLADLY taken that baby in and raised her in a loving home? It's absolutely senseless. Even her own grandparents would have given anything to take her in and let ICA go on about her business and have her freedom. WHY???? WHY????????? I'm sorry, I know I'm rambling but I'm very upset, devastated by the verdict and knowing that little Caylee Marie will never have justice now. Not unless.....well....that's all I'll say.

Maybe her life will be more of a hell being out of prison, out amongst us... KWIM?

sniped.
nah, its a nation of "celebrity" hanger ons. she will relish and enjoy her newfound fame. its just sick

Vinny gonna read a statement from GA after comercial break.

I hope that he says that she isn't welcome in their home, but that there is a really nice wooded area down the street where she can rot for all he cares!!

Not a big deal ICA has a felony on her record for stealing. She never has worked so why start now. Let the defense support her and they will be begging for Cindy to take her back. If she is threatened then that person will go to jail while she walks free.

Doesn't feel good having a baby killer walking free among us!

Who is responsible for the death of Caylee Marie Anthony?

Casey may be hated by everyone, but I bet her next child loves her as much as Caylee did!

After seeing the statement made by JB replayed a couple times now, it strikes me he probably knew she is guilty of killing that precious baby girl. In him saying he "saved a life today", I think in his mind, he was basically just working to keep her from the DP. I think he may be as surprised as anyone that she got nothing any worse than lying to LE.

You know, I'm wondering the same thing. His statement was rather reserved, even a little wistful. He says he has "mixed feelings." It seemed to me--though I'm only guessing, of course--that if she had been convicted of child abuse or manslaughter, he'd have been okay with that.

Originally Posted by zambonizam View Post
I'm already hearing how the media and jurors are at fault. Ok, media does go too far. But these jurors were instructed on what they needed to consider.12 All wrong? No. Defendants are given way to many rights in our justice system.
I hope your statement is just made in the heat of the moment. Not all defendants are guilty! In fact they are presumed innocent until a jury decides otherwise. It is one of the best parts of our American rights that defendants DO have rights!

Exactly! I must say, some of the things being said here today are kind of frightening to me. Though I understand a lot of people are deeply emotionally involved, there's nothing to be gained from making rash statements about the justice system, the jurors, or what should happen to Casey and her family now. JMO.

I believed that after watching this whole trial, as did most of us, that the only question was whether she got the death penalty or not.

The only thing I wish to raise is something that I was concerned about throughout Jury Selection.

Here in the UK, Jury Duty is VERY difficult to get out of. You get recompensed for travel, food and for wages (up to a reasonable limit). You can get deferred or excused but your employer has to write to the court and basically argue why you are too important to give up for a few weeks. All this nonsense about goldfish drove me insane. Everybody knows somebody who will feed their fish, surely.

Anyway, I was worried because the selection process didn't. in my mind, seem to give a representative cross-section of the general population. Anyone who had ANY responsibility at work was excused. Anyone who had had the gumption and work ethic to start their own business was excused. Anyone who had a pet/child/aging parent was excused. (I realise I am somewhat generalising here but please allow me my rant because I am really upset). Anyone who actually CARED FOR/LOOKED AFTER anyone else was excused.

Ok - so who are we left with? I really don't wish to offend anyone with this but this is my perspective (as a foreigner aghast at the travesty of justice that has taken place today). I am not saying that these people are incapable of rendering of a verdict - my gripe is that the jury cannot possibly be a true representation of the defendants peers if so many sections of the population are excused before the whole thing begins.

We are left with:

1. Unemployed people.
2. People without pets.
3. Older people with no jobs or children to care for.
4. People with NO caring responsibilities.
5. People who will not be missed at work
6. People whose employers support the reasons behind Jury DUTY and support employees who are called up. (how many of these did we see?).

In the UK, not that I am putting us forward as a shining example of a perfect judicial system - far from it, but the only 'selection' comes from a hat. Once all those who have been called are present (maybe 40-50) the jurors are selected from a hat. No goldfish involved.

You need to stop the media frenzy in some way. The media involvement is preventing these cases to be tried in a 'true' court. I don't know how this can be remedied.

Back to my initial arguement - all I can think is that you ended up with a jury of dunderheads who could not distinguish between reasonable proof and reasonable doubt.

I am totally heartbroken for Caylee and I am absolutely disgusted by the thought her murderer is likely going to be free in a couple of days to start on the money-making.

Caylee - this is one Scottish person who is thinking about you tonight, through more tears.

I find it really hard to believe not 1 juror saw through her BS!!

Nope, not one, or else deliberations would have taken a week going back and forth. If my spouse was on that jury, I wouldn't be home when he got there!

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VzpuyLaoSnI"]Nancy Grace On The Verdict (parody)[/ame]

Not only was there no smoking gun, there was no prosecution evidence that could not be questioned.

I hope your statement is just made in the heat of the moment. Not all defendants are guilty! In fact they are presumed innocent until a jury decides otherwise. It is one of the best parts of our American rights that defendants DO have rights!

Totally agree.

It tells me that they know many people won't agree with them.....and that they want to have some privacy for a while. It does not tell me that they are ashamed of their verdict, or that they cannot justify their verdict.

They could just as quickly come to a guilty verdict as a not guilty one! Fast doesn't mean they didn't consider the evidence, or that they just wanted to go home! It does hint that most of them knew after closing arguments that the state had not proved its case.

Pathological liars lie whenever they are talking......with or without a reason!

Ah, come on! These 12 people paid attention at the trial; took notes and everything. I understand that they decided in a way you would not have, but that doesn't make them cowards!

I actually watched the trial, and stayed out of this forum because I knew the way I was interpreting things was not going to be popular with y'all! I absolutely would have voted not guilty BASED ON THE EVIDENCE. I don't like Jose Baez, but I think he did a great job, and I think the prosecutor failed to prove that ANYONE murdered Caylee, much less that Casey did.

Now, my own opinion is that Casey did cause Caylee's death......but the evidence presented just did not prove it.

Like you post...I felt the same way over the OJ case which I watched gavel to gavel sick on the couch all summer. No way would I have convicted even if I thought he was likely guilty. The prosecution fell down. Same here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BEllis9801