They have a verdict!!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a sad day. I am sick over this. Truly sick. The jury was dead wrong. I can't BELIEVE they could come to this decision. How is it even possible????

Just said on HLN, that CM said Casey would probably not go back home with her family.

I believe the jurors did not speak because they are ashamed...as well they should be.

I wonder if anyone will prosecute Casey for allowing all those searchers to search for a live Caylee if she knew she was dead all along. I'd love to see her forfeit some of the money she is about to make off of all this. She really doesn't deserve it.

Just said on HLN, that CM said Casey would probably not go back home with her family.

yeah CM-She won't need them anymore..she will be living high with all the blood money she'll make off killing her daughter!

and a cause of death is not a required element in a homicide case. Scott Peterson was convicted without a cause of death. Any killer who manages to hide the body well enough will likely prevent a casue of death from being established. This is another example of why we need judges or professional jurors to render verdicts. There is a difference between doubt and the legal standard of "reasonable" doubt, there is a difference between manner of death which is necessary and cause of death which is not. Even intelligent lay people have difficulty with these concepts. In this case I see no evidence of intelligence amoung these jurors. Sorry, but I don't. They reviewed no evidence, asked no questions despite the lengthy jury instructions and verdict forms. I get the strong sense they wanted out and the quickest way out was to fill out the least amount of forms and ignore the evidence. Job done-lots of summer left. I am truly and thoroughly disgusted. I think they resented the state for bringing this case about which caused them to be called for jury duty and sequestered and they were not going to go one bit out of their way to render a just verdict. Caylee was nothing to them becasue they onyl picked people who didn"t know about her and the judge bowed to the DT and made sure she was hardly allowed to appear as this would "appeal to emotions" and be too prejudicial to the poor defendant.

If we take out the emotion the fact that there was no cause of death, it was a question of reasonable doubt. Now how to remove the emotion is something most of us can't do. I believe she is guilty as sin. I do understand the verdict though. Even the drowning with george covering up..there is nothing to prove that it wasn't george. That itself is reasonable doubt even though none of us believe it.

the whole time she's been in jail, I've been in school. Now she will make more money and be more successful than a good mother of almost 3 who works to better herself. God bless America.

Makes me sick. I'm at work and I just want to go home and forget today.

I wonder how much the numerous sidebars, and abrupt end of the court days had in this jury making the decision that they did. If they felt they werent getting "all the info" because of so many of them. Little did they know they only purpose was school Baez, not to hide info.

Jean Casarez in the restaurant with DT right now. CM says THE MONSTER will not be going home to her parents...THAT LITTLE BIT OF NEWS SHOULD WIPE THE SMIRK OFF CAs FACE!!

I still don't understand how the votes work. I thought if 1 juror or more did not agree with guilty it would be consider a hung jury or a mistrial. Does this mean all the jurors had to agree with "not guilty" to get this verdict?

Now she'll probaby produce, direct and star as herself in the movie made about this. How in the world can this DT sleep at night. I wish they would quit showing little videos of little Caylee because it is so heart breaking and how in this early world can KC be happy about ANYTHING when her child is deceased/murdered.

Almost wish I would've never followed this case. The only consolation is that we were all witness to Caylee's life and won't forget that justice WAS NOT DONE.

I thought if there might be some doubt because I was thinking she would not know how to get chloroform or make it. There were a few different opinions on the duct tape issue with the experts, although the prosecutor experts seemed more credible. But I still thought if they didn't find her guilty of murder, she would at least get manslaughter because I didn't see how anyone would want her to get away unpunished for going about her life after Caylee passed as if she couldn't care less.

Going on about your life is not a crime, we need to understand that, even if it outrages our moral convictions. Murder, if it can be PROVEN, is a crime, but, if not, there is no need or law to punish because someone acted in ways many viewed as inappropriate and I'm very glad our justice system is set up this way.

Sickening. A baby killer goes free. What a travesty. I hope she ties her tubes before she does it again and gets off.

Thanks Tricia. Any chance of getting Yuri Melich now that the case is over?

No offense to Mr. Hornsby, but I just cant take listening to a defense attorney on this day.

But would love to hear from Yuri, or any of the many that worked so hard to seek justice for Caylee and how they deal with a verdict like this.

Of course she won't go home - too many people hate her.
IMO she will go off somewhere with CA and rebond. Probably NyC where she can appear on GR's show with JB at her side - both gloating and getting paid a lot of money.

the statement the "anthonys" release will be CA's statement.

I'm afraid for GA. After recently reading his suicide letter, I think he just want to go find Caylee now.

This is what I refer to as the CSI Effect, and, an overburdened jury. No smoking gun. I see it happening all of the time. Just a month ago there was a case here where the young man confessed to a murder. The police never found the gun, and did not sweep for all of the bullet casings. Not guilty.

Poor CA and GA, they have to let KC back in knowing the truth, knowing they or anyone close could be next. I stand by my position that KC killed Caylee as you can see.

Now, I can say we will see more of her in the news in the years to come.

Scary.

Not only was there no smoking gun, there was no prosecution evidence that could not be questioned.

I'm already hearing how the media and jurors are at fault. Ok, media does go too far. But these jurors were instructed on what they needed to consider.12 All wrong? No. Defendants are given way to many rights in our justice system.

I hope your statement is just made in the heat of the moment. Not all defendants are guilty! In fact they are presumed innocent until a jury decides otherwise. It is one of the best parts of our American rights that defendants DO have rights!

The state did not have that strong of a case, period. There were holes in their case and Baez did a good job stirring it all up.

The state overshot their case and still none of us know what happened and probably never will.

Totally agree.

doesnt suprise me i knew they wouldnt face the media what does that tell you

It tells me that they know many people won't agree with them.....and that they want to have some privacy for a while. It does not tell me that they are ashamed of their verdict, or that they cannot justify their verdict.

they only bl**dy wanted to get home

They could just as quickly come to a guilty verdict as a not guilty one! Fast doesn't mean they didn't consider the evidence, or that they just wanted to go home! It does hint that most of them knew after closing arguments that the state had not proved its case.

I just can't get past how anybody could imagine she would sit in jail for three years, spinning yarn after yarn, if this was just an accident. Can someone explain that to me? Please?

Pathological liars lie whenever they are talking......with or without a reason!

It tells me they are a bunch of cowards who cannot legitimately support their outrageous verdict.

Ah, come on! These 12 people paid attention at the trial; took notes and everything. I understand that they decided in a way you would not have, but that doesn't make them cowards!

I actually watched the trial, and stayed out of this forum because I knew the way I was interpreting things was not going to be popular with y'all! I absolutely would have voted not guilty BASED ON THE EVIDENCE. I don't like Jose Baez, but I think he did a great job, and I think the prosecutor failed to prove that ANYONE murdered Caylee, much less that Casey did.

Now, my own opinion is that Casey did cause Caylee's death......but the evidence presented just did not prove it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx