They have a verdict!!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
could come forward. I so hope he's not dead. He could bring a civil wrongful death suit against her which is much easier to win and then she could at least be prevented from profitting. I'm not sure who else would have the standing in a case like this to bring a civil suit. Some states allow grandparents who have been supporting a child. So, could George? I think he would if he could and if he were strong enough. I really hope he doesn't hurt himself and I hope he gets away from CA and that house.

Hopefully she successfully sues that pants off of all of them and wins.

Bob Kealing just stated that the defense has a 'plan' for KC when she is released...maybe sending her to California, where he says the case isn't as well known.

<snip for space>

It will be the second she steps off the plane...:crazy:

Does anyone know what the maximum sentence she could receive now? I saw it mentioned on HLN last night by someone (cannot even think straight right now I'm so upset about this verdict) that CA could face up to 15 years for her lying in court under oath. Now we are hearing it stated all over TV that the most Caycee will porobably get is 4 years and possibly just time served? Is there no justice for this baby whatsoever???

The jurors did not speak today.
I'll be surprised if they remain silent.
I will be shocked if there are no lucrative book deals for jurors.
I'm dismayed and disgusted.
oh boy, the Anthonys have now released a statement.
GA better watch out. How could he possibly stay in that house after what ICA said about him?

I'm in shock - how can the jury come to this conclusion??? I swear if I had money I'd track them down and ask them. HOW??? After that jailhouse call? And I'm sure CA is in 7th heaven, planning her next brownie baking party. The DT all over there celebrating and poor LDB, JA and FG getting their briefcases and walking out stunned.

Where is Charles Bronson when you need him??

I've heard some pundits on HLN say that as a lawyer you have to get the jury to like you. A few of the reporters said the jury did not like Jeff Ashton. I always thought that Jose Baez would be liked by the jurors because he always smiled at them. I don't know if this has much to do with it, but maybe so!

Well, if it does, they are more shallow and unthinking than I even thought.
jmo

It makes me ill to think she even got away with worming her way out of the system....She will gloat forever. She, JB and CM get the last laugh.......

And I was worried about her only being sentenced to 30 yrs!!!!!!!! Zilch, nothing.........the jokes on me.......

If this "wonderful and fair" jury could not agree to 1st or 2nd degree murder, okay. whatever. But how could they believe that she , the mother, the caretaker of a 3 year old little girl is NOT guilty of aggravated manslaughter? I do not get it! They think someone else besides ICA dumped the body and should have been watching little Caylee more than her own mother? How can the caretaker not be responsible?

I thought if there might be some doubt because I was thinking she would not know how to get chloroform or make it. There were a few different opinions on the duct tape issue with the experts, although the prosecutor experts seemed more credible. But I still thought if they didn't find her guilty of murder, she would at least get manslaughter because I didn't see how anyone would want her to get away unpunished for going about her life after Caylee passed as if she couldn't care less.

So, if this jury felt she was guilty of lying to law enforcement officers...what the heck did they think she was lying for? What do they think Caylee's death banded hair was doing in that trunk? Why would Caylee's body be in that trunk?

:banghead:

I find it really hard to believe not 1 juror saw through her BS!!

wish now a mistrial had been granted!!

Amen to that. I don't care what anyone says. This jury failed Caylee. They did not take the evidence and put it together into a story. They obviously took one thing, or a few small things and decided there was reasonable doubt. The evidence, once put together, paints a picture as clear as day.

They could not do that. Linda's greates fear came true, they failed to use their common sense and see the forest for the trees.

Does anyone know if there is a three strikes law in Florida? Wouldn't the check charges be one strike, and lying to police be another strike? So if she messes up again (and she will), that would be strike #3?

Don't they need to be 3 felonies?

If Terri Horman was watching this today, I'm sure she's feeling pretty smug about her chances of getting away from murdering sweet Kyron Horman.

So, if this jury felt she was guilty of lying to law enforcement officers...what the heck did they think she was lying for? What do they think Caylee's death banded hair was doing in that trunk? Why would Caylee's body be in that trunk?

:banghead:

That is what I was just trying to say-I don't understand their verdict!!

I still keep getting knocked off. ...having a hard time getting on Websleuths.

I hope the jury is watching TV now.

I get that most people feel that she is guilty, because she probably is.

But you can't convict someone in a court of law on a personal opinion, which I am very much thankful for.

I'm also happy to see 12 jurors actually base their verdict on the actual evidence, instead of just voting along with their emotion and public opinion.

Again, I do feel like she is probably guilty, but the evidence just wasn't there to convict. It just wasn't presented beyond a reasonable doubt.

For all of the people calling the jurors cowards and all of that nonsense, all I can do is shake my head. These people are going to have to deal with this for the rest of their lives. Do you really think that they she is 100% innocent? Of course not. But they couldn't say that the prosecution proved it beyond a reasonable doubt. They gave their verdict based on how our court system is supposed to work, which I am actually very thankful for. I'm sure they are extremely upset, as would I be. But they did what they were supposed to by law, without voting based on their gut feelings.

And for the people suggesting that there should be some type of street-justice enacted against this family, all I can do is shake my head at that too.

This is actually why the justice system works. No one should be sent to jail for the rest of their lives, or even death, based on a bunch of hunches and personal opinions.

Decomposition and a hair with a death band in the trunk is not a hunch or personal opinion. The smell of a dead body is not a personal opinion or hunch. A mother who was never seen grieving for her child and lied 99.9% of the time is not a hunch or a personal opinion. That is factual evidence.

If this "wonderful and fair" jury could not agree to 1st or 2nd degree murder, okay. whatever. But how could they believe that she , the mother, the caretaker of a 3 year old little girl is NOT guilty of aggravated manslaughter? I do not get it! They think someone else besides ICA dumped the body and should have been watching little Caylee more than her own mother? How can the caretaker not be responsible?

I've been saying this for the last 2 hours and ITA!!

Don't they need to be 3 felonies?

Yes, they do. Well, maybe she'll commit more felonies and eventually have to live her life in prison. Dammit. I hate that the lying is just a misdemeanor!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx