They have a verdict!!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well- for my own sanity I need to move on from this case now. Justice or Caylee was not reached. The only thing we can take with us is that thousands of people love that little girl and her memory will not be lost.

It was wonderful being with you all, but I can't handle reading here about the great defense team while Caylee did not receive justice.

I was hoping KC would have at least received a verdict of manslaughter! This is amazing that it was unanimous. I would have understood a hung jury but unanimous is unthinkable!

Lady Justice must have had Henkel duct tape over her eyes today.

I am just ill over this.

HLN is getting ready to ready GA's statement. NOW!

ETA: The Anthony's Statement:

These are the words of George and Cindy Anthony, as delivered by their attorney, Mark Lippman:

"While the family may never know what has happened to Caylee Marie Anthony, they now have closure for this chapter of their life. They will now begin the long process of rebuilding their lives. Despite the baseless defense chosen by Casey Anthony, the family believes that the jury made a fair decision based on the evidence presented; the testimony presened; the scientific information presented; the rules that were given to them by the Honorable Judge Perry to guide them. The family hopes that they will be given the time by the media to reflect on today's verdict and decide the best way to move forward privately.

The family also wants the public to know that if anyone wanted to honor Caylee by leaving stuffed animals or other toys at any area near their home, that they would prefer those items be donated in Caylee's name to families in need, religious centers, or any other entity where toys would be appreciated."

Attorney Mark Lippman said he will issue further statements as needed.

BBM

Ok, I lied....I'm back.....for now....because I canNOT believe that this is over yet......

1. I thought she drowned in the pool?
2. BASED on what was presented.......NOT that she is NOT guilty....the statement NEVER says that; VERY TELLING IN MY EYES......
3. The SA MUST go after CA and GA for whatever they can get on them, regardless if perjury, obstruction of justice, assisting in the disposal of poor Caylee..........I don't care what it is...............you MUST go after them SA!!!

Don't forget, WS'ers, there's plenty of cases requiring our collective attention and thinking. There's an impressive body of experience and brainpower here that is a genuine force for good in the world. I am proud to be part of it and will continue to stay and fight the good fight for what it's worth.

Nancy Grace: The devil is dancing
[ame="http://cnn.com/video/?/video/bestoftv/2011/07/05/exp.ng.anthony.verdict.reax.cnn"]301 Moved Permanently[/ame]

BRAVO, BRAVO. They also should have been able to read the Myspace posting of....EVERYONE LIES, EVERYONE DIES...... hmm. Wonder what they could have interpreted that to mean?

Yes, yes, and more yes.

The jury found her guilty of providing false information to Law Enforcement.
How did the sheer magnitude of her lies not remove reasonable doubt?
It makes no modsnipping sense!

I am angry that the jury never asked to review any other evidence than what they had back there with them. Did they even think that maybe they needed to scour all the evidence a bit further? I cannot believe that even one of them did not think she was guilty! Obviously not, they would have spent days convincing them ng. Maybe all the scientific evidence was too much to comprehend and they checked out at that point.

And Cheney Mason is really out of line with his post verdict comments!

In the aftermath of this shocking verdict my take away is the prosecution may have made the following strategic mistake.

Instead of emphasizing the premeditation (chloroform searches) and the cold calculated desire to kill her child for a new found freedom, perhaps they should have chosen a more plausible (or different) motive.

Namely, a crime of passion to punish her mother due to a lingering enraged behavior following the major argument (which included attempted choking) within close proximity of the intentional killing. It was perhaps easier to show that this act was the result of rage rather than planning, or premeditation, back in March '08.

Some have asked in recent days why the prosecutors did not make more of this horrific argument between mom and daughter? Well, with the benefit of hindsight I am now convinced this is a damn good point.

So two things. I want to share my granddaughter with you all. After the verdict, I said screw it, let's go out and play. She is laughing at Brattiegirl's avatar-The dancing duckie.

Secondly, for some reason, and the only time she has done it. All of Eryn's "happy faces" she has drawn-she keeps telling me "They crying Zanana" (she calls me Zanana) I asked her why- "dere sad, Zanana"

Peace with be with all of us tonight. Thank you my friends. Please Be Well.

Gina Samm

Attachments

• 271362_2165125177763_1535659938_2306391_7901189_o.jpg
    271362_2165125177763_1535659938_2306391_7901189_o.jpg
    43.1 KB · Views: 21
They keep replaying the court clerk reading the verdict...When i heard it live the second she messed up while reading it i KNEW it was because it was a not guilty verdict...THE CLERK WAS JUST AS SHOCKED!! IMO

is retiring...how sad...such a great advocate for victims..I don't blame him...I have no faith left either...

Have to think that the prosecution team would not be in a bar uncorking champagne if the verdict had been guilty. Sickening, just sickening how anyone could be celebrating this in any way, shape or form.

Evidently, it is perfectly legal in Florida for a mother not to report her missing toddler for 31 days.

At the least, ICA's intentional, 31 day failure to report Caylee's exposure to harm should have resulted in a felony conviction.

ICA's blatant, dishonest evasions helped her hide critical evidence. For this successful coverup, she was rewarded.

This trial outcome is a disgrace.

Martin Luther King Jr. once noted, "The arc of the moral universe is long, but it bends toward justice." Justice delayed is not justice denied. Caylee's voice will never be silenced, and the truth in her case will ultimately be vindicated.

By the way, props to Vinnie Politan speaking passionately for Caylee, a voice crying in the wilderness.

I'm absolutely sick. I cannot believe this. There are no words to describe how saddening this is to me.

In the aftermath of this shocking verdict my take away is the prosecution may have made the following strategic mistake.

Instead of emphasizing the premeditation (chloroform searches) and the cold calculated desire to kill her child for a new found freedom, perhaps they should have chosen a more plausible (or different) motive.

Namely, a crime of passion to punish her mother due to a lingering enraged behavior following the major argument (which included attempted choking) within close proximity of the intentional killing. It was perhaps easier to show that this act was the result of rage rather than planning, or premeditation, back in March '08.

Some have asked in recent days why the prosecutors did not make more of this horrific argument between mom and daughter? Well, with the benefit of hindsight I am now convinced this is a damn good point.

Bold mine.

Respectfully, but...who would actually admit to that fight? Cindy? Casey? George? Not one of them, and as we saw during the trial, Cindy didn't change her stripes...she is still one who could not be trusted as to what she would say while on the stand.

The prosecution did their job...they chose what evidence to bring in and to avoid all the circus evidence caused by the defense team and especially by CA on a practically daily basis to the media. I won't second the prosecution...if I feel so awful, just imagine how they must be feeling.

After this week, I will no longer watch HLN or Tru TV...but I do want to see interviews with Tim Miller, Mark NeJame, Jesse Grund...those that feel the same way we do...after that...NO MORE about the Anthonys...the whole lot of 'em. :maddening:

Alternate juror on hln saying GA's combativeness on stand with JB contributed to him believing it was an accident. Basically believed the absence of evidence over the evidence.

Oh gosh, also saying family disfunction contributed to him thinking this was a cover up because of family way of dealing with things. Believed family way of burying pets is why there was duct tape with body.

WOW .... just woken up in Aus. Oddly enough I woke up a couple of times during the night and thought about the possibility of a verdict being reached.

I can't get over this.

Initially I thought this case was so crazy and absurd that something strange was going on and perhaps Casey didn't do it .... then you read the evidence and thud, reality kicks in.

Can other charges be brought against CA?

Not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days

Negligent manslaughter of a child?

In addition to slandering ZFG? CA committed:
Tax evasion?
Other theft charges? (she stole from so many)

Surely, this is not the end of CA's legal issues for her known crimes?

Final thoughts...

Cost to defend a murderer...100 grand;
Average tell all book deal value....1 million dollars
Ability to close your eyes at night with a clear conscience....PRICELESS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics