They have a verdict!!!!!!!!!

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
Peace with be with all of us tonight. Thank you my friends. Please Be Well.

Thank you so much for sharing that. There's just something about the wisdom and fun of little ones that can make a person smile despite how badly they feel. Give her a big hug from me.

It's just so mindboggling to me. Why have I bothered to teach my teen queen all these years that telling the truth is the most honorable way to live your life when this (insert expletive of your choice/modsnip here) gets away with murder?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1jAlJznFbl0"]YouTube - ‪Casey Anthony verdict protest‬‏[/ame]

Two of my daughters checked in, horrified at the verdict, not understanding it. I had to explain, like some have done here, it's all about the law, evidence, or the lack thereof, not emotion. I'm now waiting to hear from one of my sons and going through it once again.

It's amazing the number of people who have been following this case to some degree or other.

I found this site almost 2 years ago because of the murder of my dear friends, Bud and Melanie Billings. I had to step away from their forum because I could not handle some of the things that people were trying to prove or saying about my beloved friends.

I returned to this forum a couple of months ago because of this case with ICA. I have followed this case since the very first day they issued the alert for Caylee missing (I am in FL). I have watched every moment of this trial and I am absolutely devastated.

After sitting through 2 trials for Donnie Stallworth on my friends' case that ended with a hung jury and now this not guilty verdict, I can not even express how disappointed I feel in the system. A system that only works sometimes and not others, is broken people. We need a way to fix it. Now I don't know if it is the whole CSI phenomena as many have theorized, but something within our current society is preventing juries from making reasonable decisions based on evidence unless the defendant either confesses or has such a mountain of evidence that no DT can really dispute it. Juries have moved away from being able to look at evidence, go through it and decide for themselves what the most logical conclusion is. IF there is not evidence that basically says Person X did this, they struggle to convict anymore. Yes science has made huge gains and yes we need to utilize those things in court but people need to be able to think for themselves as well. It is called REASONABLE doubt, that doesn't mean that the PT has to remove every single tiny grain of doubt.

Now we have to sit through yet a 3rd trial for Donnie Stallworth trying to convict for my friends' case in 2 weeks and after this I have great fear, GREAT fear! I just do NOT know how to pull my life back together after dealing with all of this, both the case I am personally and emotionally invested in as well as little Caylee's case that has so gripped me emotionally.

lying to LE should become a FELONY. im starting to think a JUDGE should be the 12th juror to explain the law during deliberations and have a say. its beyond resonable doubt, not beyond all doubt. i am aghast that this jury did not find casey of at least the lesser charges. Caylee was tossed out like trash and her mom walks free. at this point I would have even been happy with a 15 year sentence for improper disposal of a body, child neglect, hindering an investigation, failure to report a dead child ect. these werent even charges to be considered. i may be angry but it is not justice to allow someone to walk free when the evidence proves this mother knew her child was gone and did nothing. what does this verdict say to our about honor, truth and responsibility? the CSI effect just shows people to make sure to hide the body well enough and have a family willing to lie along with you

Thank you so much for sharing that. There's just something about the wisdom and fun of little ones that can make a person smile despite how badly they feel. Give her a big hug from me.

It's just so mindboggling to me. Why have I bothered to teach my teen queen all these years that telling the truth is the most honorable way to live your life when this (insert expletive of your choice/modsnip here) gets away with murder?

Why? So your daughter doesn't spend 3 years in jail with the whole world, just about, hating her and calling for her blood.

Why? So she doesn't steal your money, or anyone else's, nor kill her baby.

Hang in there, it sounds like you're a loving mother doing a good job. Never envy the wicked, they will have their portion in God's time.

Yeah, something is wrong here.

The jury never said that she was innocent. I doubt anyone in that jury would bet on her being innocent.

They found her not guilty beyond a reasonable doubt.

Everything is on the prosecution to prove that she was guilty, which is why people are supposed to be innocent until proven guilty.

So no matter how guilty she appeared to be on television, the jury unanimously said that the prosecution didn't prove it beyond a reasonable doubt.

I think that is where a lot of the confusion and hurt feelings come into play, where people think that the jury just said that she was innocent, but that isn't the case at all.

which tells me that the biggest thing wrong here is that people don't understand the meaning of the word "reasonable."

The family statement makes me even more disgusted.

http://www.cfnews13.com/article/news/2011/july/274409/?cmpid=caseytwitter

They're basically admitting the "drowning" story was just a strategy. And telling people not to leave stuffed animals etc, really rubs me the wrong way!

I only want to address the bolded part, as I agree with you on the rest.

As for the bolded, I LOVE that they want the stuffed animals donated somewhere that a child just like our precious Caylee can be cheered by them and enjoy them. The thought of them left out there at that lot to rot as ICA left Caylee makes me more sad. I think it would be what any victim would want .

I personally plan to make some donations to some organizations for children in Caylee's name, forget the rest of them. That is where my money will go instead of purchasing tabloids, magazines, or books that ICA may put out to generate income.

Alternate juror on hln saying GA's combativeness on stand with JB contributed to him believing it was an accident. Basically believed the absence of evidence over the evidence.

I knew it. George made a you-know-what of himself on the stand, IMO. He came off as combative, arrogant, and a liar. So much of the defense's theory hinged on what George did or didn't do, and I think he looked very bad to this jury. George and Cindy both lied on the stand.. it was obvious. This did nothing but back up the defense's theory that the Anthony family was a bunch of liars that hid things & had dark family secrets. The jury obviously bought that ICA was 'messed up' because of all this.

I have to say that I am very disappointed in this verdict and the jury... but I can kind of see why they came to the conclusion they did. I still do not understand how they could come to this decision so quickly, however. They didn't even go over any of the evidence. I hate to think this... but it almost seems as though they just went with the verdict that would get them home quickest. They just wanted to be done. One thing is certain.. Caylee Marie Anthony did not receive the justice she so deserved. :(

ICA will be free and she will go on to make tons of money. She'll never have to work another day in her life. She'll be able to afford the best security, so she never has to fear vigilante justice. She'll have new suitors, and maybe even have another child. She got all this by killing an innocent child in cold blood, dumping her body in a swamp, then lying about it to try and cover it up. This is the country we live in. This is the type of thing that gets rewarded nowadays. It's sickening and sad and I don't know what else to say...

I took a late lunch, 2:15 just so I can see and hear the verdict. A few of us gathered around a co-workers computer. Then it came Not Guilty. We were speachless. I just do not understand. Well, that is not true. I now believe Mom and Pop were in on this. There testimony was scripted. The OS were planned and Ok'd by Mom and Pop. Now if KC gets to go home and live with Mom and Pop, I will no longer have doubts. I will know it was a scam and they get what they get.
Caylee will recieve justice someday, just not in this world. Peace

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6xWoZ3UwH-g"]YouTube - ‪Celebs React to Casey Anthony Verdict‬‏[/ame]

I found this site almost 2 years ago because of the murder of my dear friends, Bud and Melanie Billings. I had to step away from their forum because I could not handle some of the things that people were trying to prove or saying about my beloved friends.

I returned to this forum a couple of months ago because of this case with ICA. I have followed this case since the very first day they issued the alert for Caylee missing (I am in FL). I have watched every moment of this trial and I am absolutely devastated.

After sitting through 2 trials for Donnie Stallworth on my friends' case that ended with a hung jury and now this not guilty verdict, I can not even express how disappointed I feel in the system. A system that only works sometimes and not others, is broken people. We need a way to fix it. Now I don't know if it is the whole CSI phenomena as many have theorized, but something within our current society is preventing juries from making reasonable decisions based on evidence unless the defendant either confesses or has such a mountain of evidence that no DT can really dispute it. Juries have moved away from being able to look at evidence, go through it and decide for themselves what the most logical conclusion is. IF there is not evidence that basically says Person X did this, they struggle to convict anymore. Yes science has made huge gains and yes we need to utilize those things in court but people need to be able to think for themselves as well. It is called REASONABLE doubt, that doesn't mean that the PT has to remove every single tiny grain of doubt.

Now we have to sit through yet a 3rd trial for Donnie Stallworth trying to convict for my friends' case in 2 weeks and after this I have great fear, GREAT fear! I just do NOT know how to pull my life back together after dealing with all of this, both the case I am personally and emotionally invested in as well as little Caylee's case that has so gripped me emotionally.

Very well said Mom23! I agree completely with your post and wish you well with your upcoming trial.

I myself am LIVID with this verdict and beyond belief actually. I am still in shock and when I needed my fellow WS's the MOST, of course, it crashed. Right when the verdict was being read. I can't begin to tell any of you how much I missed the ability to share my thoughts with yours at that moment. I had invested almost 3 years in this case!

Can other charges be brought against CA?

Not reporting Caylee missing for 31 days

Negligent manslaughter of a child?

In addition to slandering ZFG? CA committed:
Tax evasion?
Other theft charges? (she stole from so many)

Surely, this is not the end of CA's legal issues for her known crimes?

Thank you. How in the name of God can ICA get away with failing to report her toddler's drowning?? Is she a trained physician?? How did she know that Caylee might not have been saved by paramedics responding to her timely 911 call??

If the jury believes that ICA committed no felonies, then who put the duct tape on Caylee? George? The tooth fairy? Does the jury care?

This case is a shocking indictment of the flaws in our justice system. Hopefully, there will not be other little Caylee's in the future victimized by these same flaws.

:banghead:

From a legal standpoint, she was found not guilty because she played the victim/abuse card, thereby introducing reasonable doubt. Works every time, with no downside because false accusations are rarely prosecuted.

Well, It looks like we have a new OJ Simpson...

She will have to change her name and move somewhere else if she wants to have any kind of life. I don't think there are more than 12 people plus her defense team that believe she is not guilty.

I'm totally Stunned

Why? So your daughter doesn't spend 3 years in jail with the whole world, just about, hating her and calling for her blood.

Why? So she doesn't steal your money, or anyone else's, nor kill her baby.

Hang in there, it sounds like you're a loving mother doing a good job. Never envy the wicked, they will have their portion in God's time.

Thanks for that...this is just really depressing. I know tomorrow morning things will look different. Even now I find some comfort knowing the IRS still wants her to pony up. Sounds like they'll watch her, so she won't profit like she probably thinks she will. I don't think any 'good' man will want her, she'll scrape the bottom of the barrel when it comes to relationships. What she's done will always haunt her, and become her undoing mentally. It's not compensation for the verdict and what she's done but the devil will take his due.

ICA will be free and she will go on to make tons of money. She'll never have to work another day in her life. She'll be able to afford the best security, so she never has to fear vigilante justice. She'll have new suitors, and maybe even have another child. She got all this by killing an innocent child in cold blood, dumping her body in a swamp, then lying about it to try and cover it up. This is the country we live in. This is the type of thing that gets rewarded nowadays. It's sickening and sad and I don't know what else to say...

I don't know - I think ICA will go the same way as Octomom or OJ Simpson. She is simply too unlikeable. People are sick of seeing and hearing about her and her lies. They will not be interested in hearing her side of the story since they know it will be another self serving lie. They will not want to see interviews or reality shows with her involved.

She will end up sponging off suckers for the rest of her life and probably end up in jail for another check kiting charge or for stealing from her friends and boyfriends.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ioprgee