Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
ynot! Hi sweety!

her ? is since opening statements are not allowed to be considred by jury how much will SA really have to do to unring that bell

RH we are very early in teh trial. Depends on how much comes out in days to come

State could actually get p and say in closing JB said this this and this in opening statement. And he did not prove out any one of them.

State can approach the os and break it down methodically and the State can say he never showed anything that supported it (in the end).

RH says JB had him at accident and then lost him at molestation.

My DH who did not follow the case but watched Opening statements said the same thing. He thought Baez started off well but went down hill

ynot also wondering

WS ??

When there is OS the jury cannot consider it. Can they consider Closings?

RH nope, only what is published into evidence, what witness testimony brings and jury instruction. No evidence to support it, they can't consider it.

Talking about Lee being the wildcard for molestation.

he thinks JB's opening statement made this a death penalty case. oops.

RH: Lee is the Wild Card. First one to lawyer up, first one to shut-up. Waiting to see what he will testify to.

Thanks to our commentators tonight! I lost feed, but am pleased to know I can go back and listen later!

RH- believes LA may be the wild card.

RH never thought it would be a DP case- JB made it so in his opening statement

UKLaw on...he was the caller we couldn't hear...calling from Scotland.

Gotta wonder if

you put her on stand - she will testify herself into DP

I never thought it would be a DP decision until JB spoke in OS

Caller: The argument cindy had with casey is hearsay? Will that be considered?

RH: It shouldn't be hearsay, no reason it shouldn't come in.

Tricia: This is the argument where Cindy supposedly tried to strangle Casey.

RH: Normally you can't bring other crimes in to prove the current crime. Cindy hasn't really tesified to this; I would think it would be admissible. Maybe it's too prejudical.

Ynotdivein: My question, given that the opening statements can not be considered, how can the bell be unrung?

RH: The jury can completely ignore what they have heard. The only one who can support the statement, but he's in big trouble.

Ynotdivein: Can the jury consider closing statements?

RH: open and closing statements are arguments, not evidence. The jury can't accept that's what happened just because Jose said it. JB is the wild card; the only other person who can support his statements is Casey. And she will talk herself right into the death penalty if she testifies.

Bless you UKLaw...cool accent, but I'm still having trouble understanding you. lol

Caller from Scotland congratulates Richard Hornsby on his posting at Websleuths and well balanced opinions.

caller from Scottland, luv this accent.

Caller ???

Not is she guilty but what is she guilty of. Leaving all that OS stuff aside, what crime does RH think ICA actually did commit?

Question about jury selection...saw no error for DT...but thought JP was wrong not striking the lady who couldn't judge.

ETA: I agree!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member