Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
<snipped>

One thing I do think, Jy didn't leave any direct forensic evidence at the scene - not exactly due to his own cunning but more so to the fact he lived there - there are no ways to identify when fingerprints, DNA are exactly deposited. I think this is a problem and the hold up. Reasonable doubt potential. I suspect everyone from the sheriff to the DA wants a case to eliminate reasonable doubt. JMO
Oh, I don't know, raisin.....I think there was alot of cunning involved. I believe he did ALOT of research, and it all goes to premeditation. And I think that's what will hang him , in the end.

MOO and stuff.

Hey there!
Yep, that's me too...checking...waiting....
I'm a very patient person, thank goodness ;)
Glad to see you checking and waiting, as well, LOL!
Michelle knows we care...

ditto here!! :) still awaiting justice for Michelle and her baby!
But I'll be gone for 2 1/2 weeks - and hopefully when I get back I can read about Jason's arrest!! :) see ya all 9/7!!

Oh, I don't know, raisin.....I think there was alot of cunning involved. I believe he did ALOT of research, and it all goes to premeditation. And I think that's what will hang him , in the end.

MOO and stuff.

Shuze,

I agree, very cunning and some good research. Wonder what if anything that library key card turned up ? The archives of the N & O as well as at WRAL provide for some very interesting information. Peterson east, Janet Araboa's case (parallel universe ?), then there was the guy who was on trial (can't remember his name) for shooting his wife while she was staying with her disabled sister - he went home after doing it claiming he was at home the whole time - in the Raleigh area. Interesting about that one, Smith was involved with it for a while. And of course then there is Peterson west, lots of information there and lessons - shut up, stay off the phone, don't call the mistress and so on.

One thing I do think, Jy didn't leave any direct forensic evidence at the scene - not exactly due to his own cunning but more so to the fact he lived there - there are no ways to identify when fingerprints, DNA are exactly deposited. I think this is a problem and the hold up. Reasonable doubt potential. I suspect everyone from the sheriff to the DA wants a case to eliminate reasonable doubt. JMO
Hi raisincharlie! :) I agree and think that's exactly why there hasn't been an arrest yet. There's nothing yet to prove that he was at the house when Michelle was murdered.

But there could be one little thing that points to JY.....
the precious child. I'd bet the farm that she's told someone in that family something about who was there that night.

But there could be one little thing that points to JY.....
the precious child. I'd bet the farm that she's told someone in that family something about who was there that night.

She told the world on the 911 tape!

ditto here!! :) still awaiting justice for Michelle and her baby!
But I'll be gone for 2 1/2 weeks - and hopefully when I get back I can read about Jason's arrest!! :) see ya all 9/7!!

Hey Niner!
Hopefully justice in this case will be more swift than in Janet K's case, eh? That would, indeed, push my limits of patience :razz:

I had one of my favorite posters here (:woohoo: ) on standby to send me an email if an arrest was made when I was on vacation earlier this month. I just knew it would happen when I was gone, haha. Drat, never happened. Soooo, I'm hoping there is good news of an arrest when you return from vacation!

Thanks Jess!

Wonder why they'd suddenly say jy is not a POI.
Hey Jilly. I think that they think that Jason is responsible for this crime. The article is not flattering at all to him, IMO. It really lays it out: He's not cooperating; there may have been a life insurance policy taken out in recent months before her death; substantial policy on her life; financial difficulties; and on and on. Sounds to me that this screams MOTIVE!!

Hey Jilly. I think that they think that Jason is responsible for this crime. The article is not flattering at all to him, IMO. It really lays it out: He's not cooperating; there may have been a life insurance policy taken out in recent months before her death; substantial policy on her life; financial difficulties; and on and on. Sounds to me that this screams MOTIVE!!

Hi Nan!:) I agree but now I'm wondering if he'll have less trouble collecting the insurance since he's neither a suspect OR POI.

Hi Nan!:) I agree but now I'm wondering if he'll have less trouble collecting the insurance since he's neither a suspect OR POI.
I really hope that the writer misspoke!! I will have to go back and see if the sheriff is quoted as saying that. Do you remember??

Please tell me that's incorrect!
How could he NOT be a poi?

Hey philamena! I find this really hard to believe - this Sheriff has always maintained that they're looking at everyone. He also knows jy did it. So for him to say that he's not a POI - I don't believe it.

Shhhhhhhhh. LE may be giving him a false sense of security, so he will take a depo for insurance. :)

MOO and stuff.

ETA: The deposition Justin Barber gave to his wife's insurer was the single most incriminating piece of evidence against him.

Shhhhhhhhh. LE may be giving him a false sense of security, so he will take a depo for insurance. :)

MOO and stuff.

ETA: The deposition Justin Barber gave to his wife's insurer was the single most incriminating piece of evidence against him.

You took the words right outta my mouth. :)

Sami

Hey philamena! I find this really hard to believe - this Sheriff has always maintained that they're looking at everyone. He also knows jy did it. So for him to say that he's not a POI - I don't believe it.

The sheriff did not say that Jason is not a suspect or a POI. According to the article, the sheriff said that Jason has not been named a suspect or POI.

Thanks Jess!

Wonder why they'd suddenly say jy is not a POI.

Jilly,

I don't recall WCSO ever naming Jy as either a POI or a suspect. I think LE has been very careful from the very beginning to not use either of those terms. I see nothing new about this.

The sheriff did not say that Jason is not a suspect or a POI. According to the article, the sheriff said that Jason has not been named a suspect or POI.

That's what I read also. No one has been named a POI or suspect. Seems very clear though that the entire article focuses on Jason and his non-cooperation and possible motives. Notice the fluke thing is also brought up again because he sent Meredith there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member