Three children and two teenagers have been arrested over the murder of an 80-year-old man. Leicestershire, UK.

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Lots of major crimes being committed by minors in the UK recently. Not sure about other countries but I wonder if the result of growing up in lockdown periods is beginning to manifest. This is awful stuff.

Definitely in the US…I was surprised to read of this happening in the UK, as I thought it was a uniquely American thing for younger and younger people to be committing crimes so violent.

If it is as a result of lockdowns, could it be related to activities like youth clubs (drama, scouts, learning musical instruments, dance etc) and sports, especially team sports, were not available for them to join? I know the others have been released but I doubt this was a single child alone and initially involved in the harrasment, it seems they were all together and were said to have fled. They would have been aged 8 to 10 in 2020 and possibly by 12 and 14 it's harder to start those kinds of things. I do think these kinds of group and team activities help develop a respect for social rules and self-esteem, which is part and parcel of healthier development. Perhaps they were neglected though, and weren't from families who would have been into that in the first place, IDK.

If it is as a result of lockdowns, could it be related to activities like youth clubs (drama, scouts, learning musical instruments, dance etc) and sports, especially team sports, were not available for them to join? I know the others have been released but I doubt this was a single child alone and initially involved in the harrasment, it seems they were all together and were said to have fled. They would have been aged 8 to 10 in 2020 and possibly by 12 and 14 it's harder to start those kinds of things. I do think these kinds of group and team activities help develop a respect for social rules and self-esteem, which is part and parcel of healthier development. Perhaps they were neglected though, and weren't from families who would have been into that in the first place, IDK.
I personally think it has very little to do with lockdown . I think it has more to do with a total lack of consequences for poor behaviour both at home and in school.

I believe social media has something to do with it. I think they are seeing so many examples of assault, violence, arson, disrespect, etc. on their devices all day that their view of reality and behavior is very different from previous generations.

I was watching Youtube Shorts (where short videos come up at random one after the other) recently and could not believe the absolute garbage that had many "Thumbs up" and was making its way to the top of the algorithm.

Society in general has no standards anymore for media, and teens are exposed to hours of it a day. Are we shocked they are acting it out?
MOO.

I personally think it has very little to do with lockdown . I think it has more to do with a total lack of consequences for poor behaviour both at home and in school.
I don't think lockdown has anything to do with it. I think it's a mixture of things. Awful home life, no discipline, the horrid content kids are exposed to from a young age these days. Plus personality disorders/mental health in some cases.

I don't think lockdown has anyrhing to do with it. I think it's a mixture of things. Awful home life, the horrid content kids are exposed to from a young age these days. Plus personality disorders/mental health in some cases.
I think that mental health is used far too often nowadays to excuse had behaviour.

I think that the children could have been reacting to being called out on their anti social behaviour and choosing insults based on appearance rather than their prime motive being racial hatred.

Good point, though several articles in MSM have been pretty specific about racist insults and actions as central to the attack(s), and we're weeks removed from the riots and racist "protests" that followed Southport, stoked by social media across several of the platforms these youth might follow (and by decades of the politics of tabloid media, including The DM).

Given what we've read about the activities of this group of youths and kids leading up to the murder, I wonder if see some additional lower charges relating to antisocial behaviour brought against those released.

Last edited:

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ava l
Back