TH's emails shed light on Horman split

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
"Teacher put him as absent."

"Someplace between 9 and 10 we think it happened."

You know what's funny? IMO She sounds like a detective talking. In an interview or in a briefing of some sort.

Anyone remember when Casey started to sound like a detective talking in her interrogations?

Narcissists do that. They are empty. Have no feelings. Don't quite know how to behave in any given situation so ... they pick up cues from others - they mirror others. (i.e. they are named after Narcissus). They mimic the speech pattern, use the colloquialisms, assume the culture of the people they are spending time with.

As example, I submit Miss Casey Anthony:
Casey was a sexy shot girl one month. Next month, once Casey was spending days in her attorney's office (on bail with ankle braclet) she decided to become a lawyer & started dressing like one even. Glasses. White shirt. Black pants. Plain Jane.

Think about what Terri had been doing in the hours prior to writing this e-mail. Nothing but working with detectives. She was still in her "detective" persona.

Just a little thing I'd noticed when I read e-mails. Made me chuckle at the time. But I thought I'd share. Of course, I might be wrong...and it's JMHO.

i think you may be on to something here :)

But the boy's father backs up the sentiment behind this e-mail...

I understand why you believe Terri would lie, but why would the boy's father lie? He specifically said J came to live with him because he butted heads with Kaine, not Terri.

I don't think anyone is "lying" exactly. J is 16 and by all accounts hard headed and like most kids that age he was probably pushing boundaries and it made him tough to live with at times for all concerned.

- Terri was telling friends and most likely J's father that J was butting heads with Kaine only.

- Kaine was telling the media at the PC that of course he butted heads with J at times, as one does with teenagers, and so did Terri and often Kaine became the mediator.

It sounds like just normal family dynamics with a hard-headed teen in the home.

*however* -- the really important thing isn't what actually happened, or having a fair and even-handed picture of who butted heads with J more than the other person.

The important part is Terri's perception of Kaine as the reason for J's failure as a student and the reason for his exit from the home. Since this speaks to motive for her potential involvement with Kyron's disappearance, really what Terri tells herself happened is more important than what actually happened.

"Teacher put him as absent."

"Someplace between 9 and 10 we think it happened."

You know what's funny? IMO She sounds like a detective talking. In an interview or in a briefing of some sort.

Anyone remember when Casey started to sound like a detective talking in her interrogations?

Narcissists do that. They are empty. Have no feelings. Don't quite know how to behave in any given situation so ... they pick up cues from others - they mirror others. (i.e. they are named after Narcissus). They mimic the speech pattern, use the colloquialisms, assume the culture of the people they are spending time with.

As example, I submit Miss Casey Anthony:
Casey was a sexy shot girl one month. Next month, once Casey was spending days in her attorney's office (on bail with ankle braclet) she decided to become a lawyer & started dressing like one even. Glasses. White shirt. Black pants. Plain Jane.

Think about what Terri had been doing in the hours prior to writing this e-mail. Nothing but working with detectives. She was still in her "detective" persona.

Just a little thing I'd noticed when I read e-mails. Made me chuckle at the time. But I thought I'd share. Of course, I might be wrong...and it's JMHO.

Narcissus was a figure in myth who gazed at himself in a pool so much that he fell in and drowned. The little flowers remind us of that story.

IMO she's exhibiting these traits with a side of sociopathy. JMO I'm no psychologist just a lowly INFJ.

I am not sure that reflecting on her word choices is as important as focusing on her "tone" - defensiveness, calculating and the essense of, as someone here said, covering her butt big time. I suspect that she meant the teacher put him down as absent and possibly left out the word "down". She is not focusing on grammer but on trying to set a timeline.

Her narcissistic demeanor, to me, is as telling as anything. Police have noted that.

I have felt from the beginning that TH is guilty of doing something to this child. I fear that he is not alive. I think DeDe is involved and afraid for her own butt. IF the child was still alive, I think that they would have given it up (at least DeDe) as to where he is. How anyone could be that cold and heartless is beyond me.

Just on KATU news:
http://www.katu.com/news/live

ETA: That was all re: emails.

attachment.php

This was the e-mail. That's all.

It's about perceptions IMO. He got away from Kaine and away from Terri, Kyron, the baby, his local friends, his teachers and got near some other people who might have had an influence as well. It may be too simplistic to attribute a change to one thing only but it is interesting to see what Terri attributed it to. It says that there was tension in the household and between the spouses. (A huge surprise - not.)

It's about perceptions IMO. He got away from Kaine and away from Terri, Kyron, the baby, his local friends, his teachers and got near some other people who might have had an influence as well. It may be too simplistic to attribute a change to one thing only but it is interesting to see what Terri attributed it to. It says that there was tension in the household and between the spouses. (A huge surprise - not.)

Exactly. I was thinking that when I read that line - he improved when he got away from "Kaine". When in fact he got away from everything in their house including Terri, a baby, Kyron, Kaine, the marital tension, maybe Terri secretly drinking, etc.

I am not sure that reflecting on her word choices is as important as focusing on her "tone" - defensiveness, calculating and the essense of, as someone here said, covering her butt big time. I suspect that she meant the teacher put him down as absent and possibly left out the word "down". She is not focusing on grammer but on trying to set a timeline.

Her narcissistic demeanor, to me, is as telling as anything. Police have noted that.

I have felt from the beginning that TH is guilty of doing something to this child. I fear that he is not alive. I think DeDe is involved and afraid for her own butt. IF the child was still alive, I think that they would have given it up (at least DeDe) as to where he is. How anyone could be that cold and heartless is beyond me.

bbm

this is the wall that i keep coming too. IF these two actually had anything to do with this, the fact that they attempted to evade le for this long is just damning. so, either they have nothing to do with it at all and thats the reason for them not giving any info... because they really dont have any. OR they are scrambling to cover it up any way that they can. the only thing that makes me consider that they may be responsible is that their stories have changed over the past couple of months. the truth doesnt change. dds's missing hours from her job really have me concerned - first it was only a small amount of time and now its been revealed to be a significant amount of time. and th's apparent lack of concern for kyron (not ever heard or read of her even mentioning kyron etc.) have me baffled...

What I think is interesting about TH's wording is what she doesn't say.

Instead of saying, "What in the world do they think I did with Kyron? I love him and I would never hurt him! I want him back!", she builds herself an alibi.

In April, 2 months before Kyron disappeared, Terri sent an email to a KATU NEWS SOURCE which details what was going on with her son J. Here is the email:

“I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html?

People want to know what would be the motive for someone to do something to a child like this,” Jensen said. “And what we’ve seen in the past in cases like this where someone hurts a child, they’re doing it to get back at their spouse.”

Sources at the courthouse will not confirm whether they’re looking at this alleged rift between Terri and Kaine as a motive for Kyron’s disappearance

http://www.katu.com/news/local/100511654.html?

Troubled marriage and I think Kaine had blinders on.
IMO, sounds like her resentment started awhile back.
First what made her hate Kaine so bad to do MFH?
Then she sounds like she was angry, when her son had
to leave.
Plan 2..........revenge and rage to get even with Kaine.
Take his heart KYRON away from him like he did to her????
more motive

Why is she sending an email to KATU two months before Kyron disappeared? Did she anticipate that far in advance that he was going to go missing? I am really freaked out by this.

Why is she sending an email to KATU two months before Kyron disappeared? Did she anticipate that far in advance that he was going to go missing? I am really freaked out by this.

That was forwarded from someone who'd received it from Terri.

No. She did not send it to KATU directly. She sent the email to a "KATU News Source." This person was probably known to Terri before, who has NOW BECOME a News Sources.

"Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household."

OP, you may want to edit the original post.

That was forwarded from someone who'd received it from Terri.

I saw that later in the article, but at the top, in the first sentence, it says two months before Kyron went missing she sent an email to a KATU news source.

Oh, wait. I think I get it now. I was reading that as she was sending to KATU news. But she sent it to the source of the emails, not the news station. That makes sense. It's too early in the morning for me, obviously.

Troubled marriage and I think Kaine had blinders on.
IMO, sounds like her resentment started awhile back.
First what made her hate Kaine so bad to do MFH?
Then she sounds like she was angry, when her son had
to leave.
Plan 2..........revenge and rage to get even with Kaine.
Take his heart KYRON away from him like he did to her????
more motive

This was one troubled family. And I agree; unless he just doesn't want to admit there were troubles, Kaine was pretty clueless. He paints this picture that everything was sweetness and light and 'normal'. Obviously that wasn't the case.

Poor kids :(

wait a minute - she sent it two months before Kyron disappeared?

It says that the email was written on April 6 and forwarded to KATU

"I had my son go to live with my parents so he would be happy - went from D’s to straight A’s within one month of being away from Kaine,” she wrote in an April 6 e-mail.

No, this is what it says:

PORTLAND, Ore. - Two months before Kyron Horman vanished, his stepmother, Terri Moulton Horman, sent an e-mail to a KATU News source regarding her biological son that provides new insight into the tension that may have been brewing in the Horman household.

One of her friends or relatives apparently became a Katu news source after Kyron disappeared.

Now she knows which one.

I saw that later in the article, but at the top, in the first sentence, it says two months before Kyron went missing she sent an email to a KATU news source.

Oh, wait. I think I get it now. I was reading that as she was sending to KATU news. But she sent it to the source of the emails, not the news station. That makes sense. It's too early in the morning for me, obviously.

Welcome to my world LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member