Timmy And Chelsea Croslin

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Status
Not open for further replies.
and according to that newest article, she is considered "a potential suspect".

According to that report Ronald has in fact been CLEARED of any involvement so not sure why anyone would think he is classed as a suspect to be honest.

and it has been mentioned in other articles as well. The parents are not suspect in the disappearance of HaLeigh Ann-Marie Cummings.

(Snipped from article)

"My brother has nothing to do with this," she said.She said her brother lives on Cape Cod, but would not specify which town.

In a phone interview from Florida yesterday, Croslin-Cummings said she was excited about published reports that investigators were in Massachusetts following up on a tip that Haleigh was seen at an Abington Walmart. The tip was reported by WBZ-TV Sunday and repeated by the Boston Herald.

Haleigh's family wants it to be true.
"Anything that would bring her home or get them (police) off my back, would be most welcome," she said.
Haleigh's grandmother, Teresa Neves of Lake Como, Fla., said the family is hopeful that there may have been a sighting.
"We're praying that it is true," Neves said.

~~~~~~
well, she's full of contradictions, isn't our little Misty.
1. Her brother isn't involved.....which one? She doesn't say.

2. Excited about reports that they're investigating a potential sighting near where her brother Timmy lives.

3. Wants LE off her back, and so anything that will "bring her home OR get them off her back" will be most welcome. Either/or.

When did TN move to Lake Como?

ITA debs!

BBM :)

About the bolded part, I was thinking about this. I am wondering if it is possible that a friend may have called in this supposid sighting and all i kept thinking was that this was a false lead... someone called it in when they found out that LE was headed that way to speak with MC's brother. Almost like, to keep LE up there longer..I think it is strange that all these months and no sightings of HC, then LE goes there to question family and there is a sighting...i hope it is true, however, i just don't think it is.

I will not get excited about all the info that article states. The first paragraph is very confusing. It also states that Ronald has been cleared and although I want to scream from the rooftops that Ronald and Crystal were cleared, we have not been able to do that in the past.

What I most want to understand though is the Lake Como part...

I will not get excited about all the info that article states. The first paragraph is very confusing. It also states that Ronald has been cleared and although I want to scream from the rooftops that Ronald and Crystal were cleared, we have not been able to do that in the past.

it has been stated in print before the parents are not suspects.

making the "leap" from LE stating that the biological parents are not "suspects" to concluding that means they are "cleared" which LE has NEVER said. Many people have been arrested and convicted after LE made public statements that they were not suspects. Try Scott Peterson and Chris Coleman for a well known and a recent case, respectively.

LE will NEVER name someone a "suspect" until they are ready to make an arrest and have all their ducks in a row and probably not even then, they just arrest them not name them a suspect. Once someone is a suspect LE is more constrained and the "suspect" is much more defensive and suspicious obviously. LE wants the suspect to relax and believe he is home free so that he lets loose without concern.

Misty hasn't been "named" a suspect either.
IMO, LE isn't foolish enough to show their hand to the public OR to the SUSPECTS for that matter ...

JMO

I was watching a show last weekend, i think the name of it is "solved". The detectives were going out of state to get a signed affidavit from a witness that wanted to remain unknown, but wanted to give LE the information. The problem LE ran into was that b/c this person wanted to be unknown and wouldn't sign an affidavit in the beginning the case came to a stand still. Basically there was no hard evidence connecting the perp to the crime, although all signs pointed to this perp. The witness finally signed the affidavit and LE was able to make an arrest.

Just thought i would throw that out there, b/c i thought it might be good to know. I just am not sure if i am explaining this correctly.

Nancy Grace is going to be talking about this tonight. There has to be a HUGE reason as to why they are now investigating Misty's brother and her brothers wife. I mean they must have found something that led them there.

making the "leap" from LE stating that the biological parents are not "suspects" to concluding that means they are "cleared" which LE has NEVER said. Many people have been arrested and convicted after LE made public statements that they were not suspects. Try Scott Peterson and Chris Coleman for a well known and a recent case, respectively.

LE will NEVER name someone a "suspect" until they are ready to make an arrest and have all their ducks in a row and probably not even then, they just arrest them not name them a suspect. Once someone is a suspect LE is more constrained and the "suspect" is much more defensive and suspicious obviously. LE wants the suspect to relax and believe he is home free so that he lets loose without concern.

(article snip)
On Aug. 17, to mark Haleigh's 6th birthday, the Putnam County Sheriff's Department released a statement that said the office has received more than 4,000 leads and conducted 138 formal interviews in the search for the little girl.

They have no specific person of interest yet, though they have cleared the biological parents, Ronald Cummings and Crystal Sheffield.

This particular article does in fact used the word cleared. I realize this isn't LE, just a media outlet, just pointing out the actual wording.

(article snip)

This particular article does in fact used the word cleared. I realize this isn't LE, just a media outlet, just pointing out the actual wording.

In my opinion that is just one of many articles that seem to "quote" LE.

Nancy Grace is going to be talking about this tonight. There has to be a HUGE reason as to why they are now investigating Misty's brother and her brothers wife. I mean they must have found something that led them there.
There must be a significant reason, but I don't think it has to directly do with Timmy and Chelsea. LE is tring to decipher the Misty key. They got some new information or insights from all the TM interviews/tests of Misty. Then they re-interviewed Tommy and Lindsy. Now they have interviewed Timmy and Chelsea. I suspect the same personnel are doing all these interviews and the purpose is to use info from each of them to build on the next one and cross check the responses. This will give them a better total picture and maybe help with the discrepancies. I suspect the reported "sighting" of Haleigh at a local Walmart is probably a bogus report.

It's just a mistake, she doesn't live there. Just like the article yesterday stated LE talked to Tommy in MA.

It's just a mistake, she doesn't live there. Just like the article yesterday stated LE talked to Tommy in MA.

Really? Then where does she live and why does everyone seem to get mixed up where she lives? I'll move this to the TN thread, though.

allrighty then...lol. I just wanted to know as a matter of perspective on the case. Can I assume that she lives quite a distance away from Satsuma or no?

LE specifically issued a statement saying they were INTERVIEWING them and not investigating them. Quite often interviews are done with people who volunteer information to LE and this allows that information to be put into evidence and public records. This is not really something that is acceptable to do over the phone or through an e-mail. These sorts of exchanges need to be officially witnessed and documented so that the information provided can be used in a trial.
If this interview was part of an investigation, then LE would most likely have used the term "questioned" in their official statement. If these two people were any kind of subjects of an investigation, then LE wouldn't have to ask them for their phone records, they could get them by providing a judge with the needed evidence to get them through a search warrant without tipping off T and C that they were doing so.

jmoo

She lives very close to RC old mobile home - her address is listed on the police report.

allrighty then...lol. I just wanted to know as a matter of perspective on the case. Can I assume that she lives quite a distance away from Satsuma or no?

and equated "not a suspect" with "cleared". Unless someone writes about criminal law matters all the time it's an easy mistake to make. One assumes if someone is not a suspect then they are cleared but in real life it's not so cut and dried as LE seldom, if ever, names someone a suspect and will also say they don't consider people a suspect because if they did different rules apply to suspects. The reporter just assumed the two were the same.

(article snip)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crimecat8