Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
If someone showed up on my doorstep 9:30 at night, along with cameras rolling, I would not be very pleasant. Did the person who answered the door know that she was another victim?
'

How do we know it was 9:30? Not doubting you, I just have missed what time it happened.

I actually don't think that even showing up at 9:30 would be a sufficient cause for unpleasant behavior for me personally. Particularly not if there are cameras and I know what I do will be in the news tomorrow. ;) I'd strive to be very graceful and polite in my firm refusal. And ask for their business card, just in case it's some whacko who becomes a problem and we need to contact the police about her later.

I have posted elsewhere that it's quite possible that the person answering the door did not know Tina Porter.

I presume someone in the family would know about her since she had attempted to contact them and I would expect that a family in that situation monitors the messages they get (just in case, for clues about Lisa and possible threats etc.) and looks up the people who are reaching out to them. But since I don't even know who answered the door I have absolutely no way of knowing what he knew about anything.

In the video i saw, TP said she went up to the door and said I'm Tina Porter I want to talk to Deborah and jeremy. She says the person told her that she can go thru their attorney.

THIS IS TP's perception, it may not be totally accurate.

How does anyone know that they were being rude to TP, is there video of the exchange between them? The video I saw showed someone at the door listening to her, it didn't show any door slamming or the male being rude.

Of course if TP was mistaken or lied about the exchange it changes things completely but her perception is the only MSM source we got for the time being.

I sincerely doubt Marc Klaas, TES or Laura Recovery would show up unannounced at that hour and knock on the door not once but twice and ask the reporters to roll the camera. Furthermore, I doubt they would need records of correspondence. Whatever that means. I'm still trying to figure out what or why that is/was necessary.

There is no evidence that she asked reporters to start rolling their cameras. Those reporters camp out there. let's not make this worse than it was.

Tina Porter was a mother bear when her kids went missing. She never quit trying to get attention for her kids' plight and answers. I kind of get the sense that she may be disturbed that Lisa's parents don't seem to be putting in the same effort.

She may have gone there with the attitude that, "Hey, they need help. They need to be more aggressive. I can help them with that. But if they don't want my help, then I'll know the reasons why. Then I will turn my efforts from trying to help scared, grieving parents find their child and survive the process, to helping LE find Lisa and prosecute the parents."

Whoever is advising the Irwins is doing a piss poor job. They come off looking horrible, even at times when they possibly shouldn't. I get the sense that those who have glommed on to them and are currently "assisting" them are looking for fame and notoriety, not to provide the best help they can. In other words, they are trying to promote themselves, and keep the Irwins quiet, not help the Irwins find their child.

For example, I think of most missing kid cases or missing person's cases when the victim's families immediately embrace someone like Marc Klaas or John Walsh, etc., seeking advice and comfort from someone who has been there before. Then I think about cases where the angels in our midst are turned away and treated like criminals (Caylee Anthony's case and TES). It gives the public the perception that the parents don't want help because they are involved in the disappearance of Lisa.

But, the mom here seems very young and the dad, not too bright at all. They may be being advised by people they are impressed with due to those persons flashiness and bluster. Either that, or they are guilty as sin.

It really bothers me, though, that defense attorneys are starting to question what's up and to state that they fired an excellent, local attorney. Either they are being controlled by buffoons or they are hiding something terrible.

How do we know it was 9:30? Not doubting you, I just have missed what time it happened.

I actually don't think that even showing up at 9:30 would be a sufficient cause for unpleasant behavior for me personally. Particularly not if there are cameras and I know what I do will be in the news tomorrow. ;) I'd strive to be very graceful and polite in my firm refusal. And ask for their business card, just in case it's some whacko who becomes a problem and we need to contact the police about her later.

I have posted elsewhere that it's quite possible that the person answering the door did not know Tina Porter.

I presume someone in the family would know about her since she had attempted to contact them and I would expect that a family in that situation monitors the messages they get (just in case, for clues about Lisa and possible threats etc.) and looks up the people who are reaching out to them. But since I don't even know who answered the door I have absolutely no way of knowing what he knew about anything.

Of course if TP was mistaken or lied about the exchange it changes things completely but her perception is the only MSM source we got for the time being.

You know, now that you ask that question, I'm not sure where I got 9:30, I thought I read it but maybe I'm wrong. :crazy:

When I say it was her perception, I'm not implying she was lying or trying to mislead. What I mean is, she obviously didn't see anything wrong with going to the house, so any rejection could be perceived by her to be unfair. I'm not putting TP's original motive for going into question.

But I didn't even hear her say that they were rude to her, just that she couldn't believe that she had to go thru an attorney because in her opinion the attorneys are the ones causing all of this. But I admit I might have missed it the video that said the door was slammed on her and the person was rude.

She went back and knocked a second time, from what I gather that was when the light was turned off.

I can understand what you're saying but we're not in the situation. I don't think any of us know what we would do. Emotions are on overload, and the fact that there were cameras rolling at the time she went to the door might give me concern that this person might not be being honest about her intentions. Another reason to tell her she needs to go thru the lawyer. Makes me wonder now if there were no cameras there would they have spoken to her?

Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning towards DB knowing what happened to lisa, I just think this was wrong. I thought CA was guilty but thought it was disguesting when all of those people were camped outside of their house.

JMHO

I didn't hear Tina make this statement in the video, but she also said:

"They are not being friendly with the community, not opening up to anybody. Who really hides in that situation? They should be out there beating the streets looking for their daughter, which they're not doing at all," she said angrily to reporters after being turned away.

http://www.kctv5.com/story/15902780/tina-porter-turned-away-stanton-returns-family-leaves

As far as what time exactly? I think we'd have to look at the police report/911 call to determine the time. However, the video below indicates Bill Stanton picked up the family at 9:30 PM, and they left shortly before 10:00. It's my understanding that Tina was there just prior. So it might be "safe" to say around 9:00. I estimated 10:00 PM and now know I'm wrong.

Source: http://www.fox4kc.com/news/wdaf-bab...ff-with-bill-stanton-20111028,0,1271688.story

Thx.

Mel

I see a lot of criticism at TP because when she didn't get a reponse to emails through the website, she showed up at the house. Is the parents themselves operating the website? Does anyone know? Do they read the communications from it? Do we really know? I am thinking that was probably TP's thoughts when she decided to go to the home after not hearing from the family. She had no way of knowing if the family even knew of her attempts to make contact with them. Yeah her timing shows some poor judgement. But who knows, she may even have had some reasoning for that.

Why would she go to the home? (I've seen accusations of attempting to insert themselves into the situation and trying to get on camera.) It actually happens a lot. Parents who have gone through this sometimes do show up with the families of more recent disappearances. Not for any nefarious or selfish reasons, but to show support. No one knows more about what these parents are going through than a person who has also gone through it. And usually these other parents are well recieved. I have known cases where the parents clung to the other person and wanted them around through everything.

Yet there could be legitimate reasons for them not wanting to talk to the other parents of missing children. Not wanting to talk to the parent of missing children who were found dead, out of fear that their child could be found dead would be one. Not wanting to talk to the parent of a child who has been missing 25 years, might be discouraging.
But I have to wonder. One reason certainly could be that they don't feel right maybe feel some guilt about talking to someone who's child was legitimately missing, if they knew their own child really wasn't missing.

Does this prove the parents are guilty of anything to do with their daughters disappearance? No.

But it certainly does constitute a part of a pattern that is developing.

Not wanting to go for police interviews.
Not wanting the children to be interviewed.
Not wanting to talk to local media.
Not wanting to talk to the parents of other missing children.

You know, now that you ask that question, I'm not sure where I got 9:30, I thought I read it but maybe I'm wrong. :crazy:

When I say it was her perception, I'm not implying she was lying or trying to mislead. What I mean is, she obviously didn't see anything wrong with going to the house, so any rejection could be perceived by her to be unfair. I'm not putting TP's original motive for going into question.

But I didn't even hear her say that they were rude to her, just that she couldn't believe that she had to go thru an attorney because in her opinion the attorneys are the ones causing all of this. But I admit I might have missed it the video that said the door was slammed on her and the person was rude.

She went back and knocked a second time, from what I gather that was when the light was turned off.

I can understand what you're saying but we're not in the situation. I don't think any of us know what we would do. Emotions are on overload, and the fact that there were cameras rolling at the time she went to the door might give me concern that this person might not be being honest about her intentions. Another reason to tell her she needs to go thru the lawyer. Makes me wonder now if there were no cameras there would they have spoken to her?

Don't get me wrong, I'm leaning towards DB knowing what happened to lisa, I just think this was wrong. I thought CA was guilty but thought it was disguesting when all of those people were camped outside of their house.

JMHO

I agree with you for the most part, although I don't think they would have spoken to her minus the cameras. Gil Abeyta was already on Nancy Grace saying what happened when he spoke with them. It wouldn't have made them more eager to open up to another parent. IMO

The comment I bolded is strange to me, I don't understand what TP was getting at. Maybe she meant that the bad press was made worse by the attorneys? But whatever their faults the attorneys didn't take Baby Lisa and cause it all IMO.

Another strange thing is, if she knows so much about their attorneys, why did TP need to go to the door again to ask them who the attorney is?

I feel for the lady, she has a gaping hole in her life from losing her own children, but I think she is misguided in what she tried to do. I am sure Lisa's family is getting bombarded by people trying to talk to them, given how Lisa's case has made it into the national media... they were right in telling TP to talk with their lawyers. If TP didn't try that aspect, then the parents are not the ones at fault, here.

(first paragraph removed because I got my wires crossed... sorry about that)

When TP's case was in the news where were DB & JI in their own lives? What is the likelihood that they would know who she is by name or be familiar with her situation? Not highly probable in my opinion. Factor in the person who answered the door's age and the possibility that he knew who she was is not likely either. Not saying my position or thoughts on the actions of TP or the family. Just looking at the idea that they may honestly not know who TP is. Perhaps they received her requests, someone looked her up and passed the info on to their attorney to see if setting up a meeting would be okay. Maybe enough time hadn't passed for an answer....maybe DB & JI weren't even aware of the request yet. JMT!!!

There is no evidence that she asked reporters to start rolling their cameras. Those reporters camp out there. let's not make this worse than it was.

Tina Porter was a mother bear when her kids went missing. She never quit trying to get attention for her kids' plight and answers. I kind of get the sense that she may be disturbed that Lisa's parents don't seem to be putting in the same effort.

She may have gone there with the attitude that, "Hey, they need help. They need to be more aggressive. I can help them with that. But if they don't want my help, then I'll know the reasons why. Then I will turn my efforts from trying to help scared, grieving parents find their child and survive the process, to helping LE find Lisa and prosecute the parents."

Whoever is advising the Irwins is doing a piss poor job. They come off looking horrible, even at times when they possibly shouldn't. I get the sense that those who have glommed on to them and are currently "assisting" them are looking for fame and notoriety, not to provide the best help they can. In other words, they are trying to promote themselves, and keep the Irwins quiet, not help the Irwins find their child.

For example, I think of most missing kid cases or missing person's cases when the victim's families immediately embrace someone like Marc Klaas or John Walsh, etc., seeking advice and comfort from someone who has been there before. Then I think about cases where the angels in our midst are turned away and treated like criminals (Caylee Anthony's case and TES). It gives the public the perception that the parents don't want help because they are involved in the disappearance of Lisa.

But, the mom here seems very young and the dad, not too bright at all. They may be being advised by people they are impressed with due to those persons flashiness and bluster. Either that, or they are guilty as sin.

It really bothers me, though, that defense attorneys are starting to question what's up and to state that they fired an excellent, local attorney. Either they are being controlled by buffoons or they are hiding something terrible.

indepmo was there, his personal account before it was on MSM:

[ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7294892#post7294892"]MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 10/28/11 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community[/ame]
Just visited the Irwin-Bradley (hideout) with Tina Porter. After she explained who she was a young gentleman stated they aren't available right now and to contact their attorney if we wanted to talk to them. Door shut in face.

Tina walked straight over to FOX 4 and KCTV 5 saying. "roll the cameras, roll the cameras" and really let go. Will post videos whenever they are online. (No, I didn't want to walk up rolling cell phone video as much as I would have liked to)

Figured you hadn't seen it, thought I would share. :)

Diplomacy is always highly regarded by me, so I agree. We couldn't hear in the video, so I can't be sure what was said.

All we have is [ame="http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?p=7294892#post7294892"]Indepmo's account,[/ame] where he related that "a young gentleman stated they aren't available right now and to contact their attorney if we wanted to talk to them. Door shut in face."

Personally, I didn't find that horribly rude. I suppose it wasn't overly kind either. I guess it's just a matter of perception?

I agree with you for the most part, although I don't think they would have spoken to her minus the cameras. Gil Abeyta was already on Nancy Grace saying what happened when he spoke with them. It wouldn't have made them more eager to open up to another parent. IMO

The comment I bolded is strange to me, I don't understand what TP was getting at. Maybe she meant that the bad press was made worse by the attorneys? But whatever their faults the attorneys didn't take Baby Lisa and cause it all IMO.

Another strange thing is, if she knows so much about their attorneys, why did TP need to go to the door again to ask them who the attorney is?

I think you hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine their horror to find out the person they let into their home made an appearance on NG and talked all about it? What if the Irwin/Bradley's had opened up to Gil and he told everything they said to NG. I'd be mortified. That's not help!!

All of a sudden it's not about Lisa anymore - it's about who can get to the parents and begin their own media blitz. Not only did Gil go on NG, but he talked to several newspapers as well. To that I say shame on him. The only persons he should have talked to was LE...if he had any concerns whatsoever. Is nothing private anymore?

Tina abrutly did the same thing. Was it really necessary for her to go over to the cameras and voice her "outrage". pffffttttt....

I think it will be a cold day in he double hockey sticks, that the parents will ever open the door to a stranger. It's no wonder they left town.

MOOO

Mel

I would never have allowed a perfect stranger into my home or my family or friends home.. And Tina Porter is a complete and total stranger.. Tho it's been said that every one in town knows her unless they live under a rock and that she's not a stranger.. But the truth is she is a complete and total stranger.. IMO her rant after NOT getting to walk right up into the home says it all.. She wasn't there to help or assist this family.. The minute she didn't get what she wanted(getting thru the front door and face time with the Irwin/Bradley family)she immediately went into a rant about the parents and everything they were not doing to her approval, Yada, Yada, Yada.. On and on.. An angry rude rant while standing on their property when just 10secs prior she had bounded onto their doorstep wanting inside the home to help/assist this family!!.. I completely understand the family's need to leave!! They nor their children are safe, especially with the lynch mob mentality that is raging and is further fueled by the local media who've had it out for the family since early on when they felt they were slighted!! They IMO are fueling as well as creating this farcical circus atmosphere with such lies as the convoy complete with decoys when this was not even true..

what we do know is there is a lot we don't know. how many times did the phone ring in that home that night and how many of those calls were in support and how many were threats or name calling and riddled with inuendo? How many reporters have already been to the door that night? How many times has the family been harrassed?
This is not even DB's and Ji's home, and yet people are going there to inject themselves for any given reason. The media is camped outside this person's home. Before we blame the Irwin / Bradlys, remember this is another person(s)'s home not theirs and it is not up to JI and DB to invite strangers into another's home, they are guests there, and may be respecting their wishes. We just don't know.

I am too cynical I know but if I was a missing children's advocate and had already spent a lot of time trying to contact them, offering my help to a family that doesn't contact me and doesn't seem to want my help and does not talk to LE and changes their story etc. I would suspect that there might be a good reason that the family doesn't want my help and it might be they know where their child is. I wouldn't waste my time with them when there are other families with less media exposure who would welcome me with open arms.
If the previous contact from Tina was facebook, how do we even know if the family received the information? I don't think that qualifies as trying to make contact and actually believe that the family doesn't want your help.

I think you hit the nail on the head. Can you imagine their horror to find out the person they let into their home made an appearance on NG and talked all about it? What if the Irwin/Bradley's had opened up to Gil and he told everything they said to NG. I'd be mortified. That's not help!!

All of a sudden it's not about Lisa anymore - it's about who can get to the parents and begin their own media blitz. Not only did Gil go on NG, but he talked to several newspapers as well. To that I say shame on him. The only persons he should have talked to was LE...if he had any concerns whatsoever. Is nothing private anymore?

Tina abrutly did the same thing. Was it really necessary for her to go over to the cameras and voice her "outrage". pffffttttt....

I think it will be a cold day in he double hockey sticks, that the parents will ever open the door to a stranger. It's no wonder they left town.

MOOO

Mel

His speaking was probably the best PR they've had to date. He may have gotten permission. I don't know.

If the previous contact from Tina was facebook, how do we even know if the family received the information? I don't think that qualifies as trying to make contact and actually believe that the family doesn't want your help.

Fair enough, although I think I thought of GA more when I made that comment. IIRC I read he was in town for three weeks and made several attempts to contact them before he was granted an audience.

I guess it depends on the Facebook account. Does the administrator seem to be actively reading and monitoring the messages that are left? Who is it, and does it seem like s/he's in regular contact with Bradley and Irwin? I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't know.

Fair enough, although I think I thought of GA more when I made that comment. IIRC I read he was in town for three weeks and made several attempts to contact them before he was granted an audience.

I guess it depends on the Facebook account. Does the administrator seem to be actively reading and monitoring the messages that are left? Who is it, and does it seem like s/he's in regular contact with Bradley and Irwin? I'm not on Facebook so I wouldn't know.
Just quoting your post only, not arguing with you by any means.

Even if they did get the message, how could they possibly be expected to know that her contact was legit? ANYBODY could make a facebook page stating that they are Tina Porter.

His speaking was probably the PR they've had to date. He may have gotten permission. I don't know.

It sounded like their relationship didn't extend to a proper conversation because there were so many other people and he seemed to sense that the parents were reluctant because he told them that he wasn't there to force himself on them. I got the impression they weren't on such close terms that Lisa's parents would authorize him to speak for them in the media. But I could be wrong.

Just quoting your post only, not arguing with you by any means.

Even if they did get the message, how could they possibly be expected to know that her contact was legit? ANYBODY could make a facebook page stating that they are Tina Porter.

True. People could call, write, email or ring the doorbell saying they're somebody they aren't as well.

If it's an old FB account with lots of activity before the case became public I would probably trust it more than if it was just made up after Lisa disappeared.

indepmo was there, his personal account before it was on MSM:

MSM coverage of Baby Lisa 10/28/11 - Page 9 - Websleuths Crime Sleuthing Community

Figured you hadn't seen it, thought I would share. :)

Thank you. Wow! I was wrong. That's bizarre. It does fit, though, with my opinion that she may have been going out there to help but with the feeling that something may not be quite right and if it isn't, that she would not be sympathetic. But it doesn't cast her in a good light at all. Does she want publicity? Does she want to help? Or does she want to join the bandwagon lambasting these people?

I would never have allowed a perfect stranger into my home or my family or friends home.. And Tina Porter is a complete and total stranger.. Tho it's been said that every one in town knows her unless they live under a rock and that she's not a stranger.. But the truth is she is a complete and total stranger.. IMO her rant after NOT getting to walk right up into the home says it all.. She wasn't there to help or assist this family.. The minute she didn't get what she wanted(getting thru the front door and face time with the Irwin/Bradley family)she immediately went into a rant about the parents and everything they were not doing to her approval, Yada, Yada, Yada.. On and on.. An angry rude rant while standing on their property when just 10secs prior she had bounded onto their doorstep wanting inside the home to help/assist this family!!.. I completely understand the family's need to leave!! They nor their children are safe, especially with the lynch mob mentality that is raging and is further fueled by the local media who've had it out for the family since early on when they felt they were slighted!! They IMO are fueling as well as creating this farcical circus atmosphere with such lies as the convoy complete with decoys when this was not even true..

If your kid went missing and Marc Klaas came to the door to give support and advice, would you let him in? Tina Porter is no less known to the people in that area. It is very common for people who have lost someone to rush to assist and be welcomed immediately by, the family of someone who is missing.

But there is a definite circus atmosphere here. Porter's demand that the cameras roll so she could record her rant about being turned away suggests she was there for something more than offering support and assistance. I think a lot of people have made up their minds, not without some reason, and are approaching the family in that context. I think those type of people should just back off and let LE do its job. But those, like Mr. Abeyta, if they have a sincere and open-minded desire to help the family, should go through whatever channels they can to offer assistance, maybe via a website, a letter, etc., and then wait. They probably shouldn't be asking a lot of questions, though, if they get a chance to meet the family, they should just tell their story, offer advice on what to do and provide a shoulder to cry on. I think it's clear that this family has been advised to give no information to anyone and if anyone asks questions, they will be shut out.

Staff online

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back