Tina Porter Offers Support To Baby Lisa's Parents

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I agree with your assessment, fwiw. I think she is skeptical. And who can blame her? We're all skeptical. But to have someone who survived the tragedy of child murder come into your inner circle while skeptical is a HUGE risk IMO. Because the minute she gets upset, or "off the fence" she can go straight to media (as she did) and if she had been in your private circle, it's all that much more damaging.

And I know it's just me, but I personally take issue with someone who thinks they are guilty attending the attempted "reaching out" as well. But that's JMO, and I don't think it was ill intended.

I agree, it's IMO quite probable that she didn't believe the story to begin with. If she was merely upset about being turned away her outrage would have been centered on rudeness or something but she talked about how they don't search enough and said something that made me jump about do not expect the community to rally around you if Lisa is found . You are not likely to jump into that train of thought and predict the community will abandon someone merely because they don't talk to you immediately IMO (which you might very well expect because they don't talk to anybody). IMO that thought came from a suspicion that they did something to Lisa.

I don't know, maybe she was hopeful she was wrong and this mission was to get them to prove her wrong, and she was angry that they didn't?

Somewhere out there, right NOW, on an internet message board devoted to psychic crime fighting, a hundred posters are OUTRAGED that the Irwin family ignored a telepathically-communicated offer of psychic assistance.

Right now a time-traveller from the year 2066 is spamming their tip-line inbox with information about Lisa's whereabouts.

Right now someone, possibly an ex-NASA astronaut wearing a diaper, is speeding through the night towards KC. On the seat beside him is a quartet of large McDonalds coffees (cream and suger), a private investigator style Fedora hat, and a snorkle.

Right now, in his mother's basement, a middle-aged man slathered in vick's vapo rub tinted orange from cheetoh dust is <modsnip> thinking about the email he will send Deborah later.

And right now, RIGHT NOW, somewhere, there is yet another parent of a missing or dead child wondering what they need to do to inject themselves into THIS case. Their motives are pure. The Irwins need their expertise, a shoulder to cry on, and someone to glare into the TV cameras and thunder "Bring LISA Home!"

That's what this family is facing, only a thousand times more. I think they are guilty as hell, but I damn sure don't judge them for turning people away. Edit to add: If any of the above is offensive (like, say, there are any astronauts reading it or something) I just want to say that I am writing this while suffering a blackout fro toooo manu wine so is o k thnx

what we do know is there is a lot we don't know. how many times did the phone ring in that home that night and how many of those calls were in support and how many were threats or name calling and riddled with inuendo? How many reporters have already been to the door that night? How many times has the family been harrassed?
This is not even DB's and Ji's home, and yet people are going there to inject themselves for any given reason. The media is camped outside this person's home. Before we blame the Irwin / Bradlys, remember this is another person(s)'s home not theirs and it is not up to JI and DB to invite strangers into another's home, they are guests there, and may be respecting their wishes. We just don't know.

We're supposed to know common courtesy. For a stranger to intrude, after dark at their front door is a pathetic way to interject herself into the camera lens. The "roll camera, roll camera!" made me cringe.

JMO

I would never have allowed a perfect stranger into my home or my family or friends home.. And Tina Porter is a complete and total stranger.. Tho it's been said that every one in town knows her unless they live under a rock and that she's not a stranger.. But the truth is she is a complete and total stranger.. IMO her rant after NOT getting to walk right up into the home says it all.. She wasn't there to help or assist this family.. The minute she didn't get what she wanted(getting thru the front door and face time with the Irwin/Bradley family)she immediately went into a rant about the parents and everything they were not doing to her approval, Yada, Yada, Yada.. On and on.. An angry rude rant while standing on their property when just 10secs prior she had bounded onto their doorstep wanting inside the home to help/assist this family!!.. I completely understand the family's need to leave!! They nor their children are safe, especially with the lynch mob mentality that is raging and is further fueled by the local media who've had it out for the family since early on when they felt they were slighted!! They IMO are fueling as well as creating this farcical circus atmosphere with such lies as the convoy complete with decoys when this was not even true..

I agree with you 100%!!
What does all this have to do with finding LISA??? It's not about her anymore, it's turned into a media circus. I don't blame Deborah and Jeremy for taking off and hiding those boys somewhere, they DO NOT need to be exposed to this kind of thing!
The media should be ashamed for exploiting this incident. Proves they're only sensationalizing everything.
Anybody who really wants to help should be out there looking for this baby, not making spectacles of themselves on the nightly news.

I agree, it's IMO quite probable that she didn't believe the story to begin with. If she was merely upset about being turned away her outrage would have been centered on rudeness or something but she talked about how they don't search enough and said something that made me jump about do not expect the community to rally around you if Lisa is found . You are not likely to jump into that train of thought and predict the community will abandon someone merely because they don't talk to you immediately IMO (which you might very well expect because they don't talk to anybody). IMO that thought came from a suspicion that they did something to Lisa.

I don't know, maybe she was hopeful she was wrong and this mission was to get them to prove her wrong, and she was angry that they didn't?

BBM. And didn't she follow that up with something like, "they've got another thing coming?"

Somewhere out there, right NOW, on an internet message board devoted to psychic crime fighting, a hundred posters are OUTRAGED that the Irwin family ignored a telepathically-communicated offer of psychic assistance.

Right now a time-traveller from the year 2066 is spamming their tip-line inbox with information about Lisa's whereabouts.

Right now someone, possibly an ex-NASA astronaut wearing a diaper, is speeding through the night towards KC. On the seat beside him is a quartet of large McDonalds coffees (cream and suger), a private investigator style Fedora hat, and a snorkle.

Right now, in his mother's basement, a middle-aged man slathered in vick's vapo rub tinted orange from cheetoh dust is <modsnip> thinking about the email he will send Deborah later.

And right now, RIGHT NOW, somewhere, there is yet another parent of a missing or dead child wondering what they need to do to inject themselves into THIS case. Their motives are pure. The Irwins need their expertise, a shoulder to cry on, and someone to glare into the TV cameras and thunder "Bring LISA Home!"

That's what this family is facing, only a thousand times more. I think they are guilty as hell, but I damn sure don't judge them for turning people away. Edit to add: If any of the above is offensive (like, say, there are any astronauts reading it or something) I just want to say that I am writing this while suffering a blackout fro toooo manu wine so is o k thnx

I'm highly offended about the vics rub and cheeto dust.....just kidding.

The is a brutally honest post that states exactly what kind of carp that's entering this family's lives. Does anyone remember reading the crazy tips released in the Anthony case? How about the email exchanges between Dominic! and his two psychic chronies? And then there were the creepy Milsteads and their fraudulent Org. The best thing the Irwins can do is never answer the door again. IMO.

wow. just wow

I would've shut the door in her face too
- she seemed vindictive and resentful with her comments

these people who insert themselves & then blab about it all over the media ... well, they are doing more harm than good AFAIC and I also don't believe their intentions are all that pure

and in this case, we have two young boys who've already been uprooted from their home and now have to relocate AGAIN

this mob mentality and complete lack of humane courtesy is unacceptable IMO

Here's the thing: if someone wants to offer help, there's a proper way to go about doing so.

If that help is not immediately accepted, there is no need to run straight to the media cameras to attempt to denigrate the family you claim you were there to help, unless that person has an axe to grind.

It doesn't make the family look bad - it makes YOU look bad, IMO.

TP knows what it's like to experience a tragic loss. Of all people, she should know that timing is everything. No one can force their help upon anyone.

Bad form is all I can say. Bad form.

Thank you. Wow! I was wrong. That's bizarre. It does fit, though, with my opinion that she may have been going out there to help but with the feeling that something may not be quite right and if it isn't, that she would not be sympathetic. But it doesn't cast her in a good light at all. Does she want publicity? Does she want to help? Or does she want to join the bandwagon lambasting these people?

If your kid went missing and Marc Klaas came to the door to give support and advice, would you let him in? Tina Porter is no less known to the people in that area. It is very common for people who have lost someone to rush to assist and be welcomed immediately by, the family of someone who is missing.

But there is a definite circus atmosphere here. Porter's demand that the cameras roll so she could record her rant about being turned away suggests she was there for something more than offering support and assistance. I think a lot of people have made up their minds, not without some reason, and are approaching the family in that context. I think those type of people should just back off and let LE do its job. But those, like Mr. Abeyta, if they have a sincere and open-minded desire to help the family, should go through whatever channels they can to offer assistance, maybe via a website, a letter, etc., and then wait. They probably shouldn't be asking a lot of questions, though, if they get a chance to meet the family, they should just tell their story, offer advice on what to do and provide a shoulder to cry on. I think it's clear that this family has been advised to give no information to anyone and if anyone asks questions, they will be shut out.

^above^ BBM.. But that did not happen in this case.. And I don't think she had a right to rant like a spoiled child telling media to roll the cameras.. Recognizing someone is far different than knowing someone.. She was still a complete stranger and for whatever reason these people did not choose to speak with her at that time.. She should've respected that and gone away quietly instead of fueling the circus atmosphere with her childish rant along with going back up to the door for a second time "claiming" she needed to know their Attys name..it's plastered all of KC media and any number of the people she was demanding for them to roll their cameras to tape her rant.. And and everyone of those individuals knew and likely even told her.. But she chose to storm back up their in an extremely immature and inappropriate manner..

And as for my teenage son and if he were to go missing would I allow Marc Klaas in my home.. While I understand your analogy I must point out that Marc Klaas is a world of difference from this woman including having search teams as well as an entire plethora of other services offered for parents of missing children.. And I must say that IMO Marc Klaas whom is the utmost of class would never come bombarding to someone's home unannounced, uninvited, etc.. He would IMO act nothing even remotely similar to Tina Porter.. If she plans to help other parents of missing children Marc Klaas would be the perfect role model and she should definitely have an attitude overhaul before offering her assistance.. If that was indeed what she intended to do.. Her immediate reactions with inappropriate rants and bashing of the parents makes me have my doubts about what her true motive was in going there in the first place(not to mention showing up with someone who has publicly announced their belief of the parents guilt).. Those type issues not only paint her in a bad light but truly raise some very serious questions about what her motive truly was.. As I said that turning on a dime into an angry as he!! Rant bashing these parents makes it pretty hard to believe her motives were pure and her heart in the right place.. Jmo, tho!

Anything the family says can be used against them . I'm sure their lawyer has warned them not to talk to anyone. I happen to think the parents are involved,but even if they are not,words spoken to anyone can be twisted and used against them.
When my son died I wanted desperately to talk to anyone else who had been in my situation,but I wasn't afraid of LE .
IF baby Lisa was actually abducted,maybe the Irwin's would prefer to speak to someone who had a positive outcome. The two parents who have approached them had bad outcomes. As a parent,I wouldn't want to go there.
I think the parents are involved,but until I know more I have to look at their actions from both sides.

As I wrote on another thread about this, I don't really like the idea of people wanting a confrontation on a Friday night in front of a home where there is already a media circus. This seems to happen in every high-profile case, but even with the best intentions it usually doesn't help much. :twocents:

I don't think people realize that it also might seem to the public that they are trying to insinuate themselves into the case for some other reason or agenda of their own (book? interviews? attention?). I'm NOT saying that was the case here, but it's one possible conclusion if someone keeps offering help and won't take no for an answer.

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mjF7nx
Back