Found Deceased TN - Ashley Brown, 27, Nashville, 17 Dec 2016

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
Bump for Ashley. No updates on her investigation. Sad.

Hello all. I'm a long time friend of Ashley's and I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and investigation.

I stumbled across this community early on in her disappearance just searching for answers. I found it incredibly comforting to know so many people wanted to get to the bottom of this case and help find Ashley safe and alive. After news of her passing, I was touched to see her justice had not been forgotten.

For anyone who is still interested, I have an update. Her autopsy results have finally been released and her death has officially been ruled a homicide.

Here is an article outlining the autopsy and containing a link to her full autopsy report.

Again, thank you all so much and I beg of you to continue to search for justice for Ashley and all of the other people whose cases are left unresolved.

Hello all. I'm a long time friend of Ashley's and I just wanted to thank you all for your comments and investigation.

I stumbled across this community early on in her disappearance just searching for answers. I found it incredibly comforting to know so many people wanted to get to the bottom of this case and help find Ashley safe and alive. After news of her passing, I was touched to see her justice had not been forgotten.

For anyone who is still interested, I have an update. Her autopsy results have finally been released and her death has officially been ruled a homicide.

Here is an article outlining the autopsy and containing a link to her full autopsy report.

Again, thank you all so much and I beg of you to continue to search for justice for Ashley and all of the other people whose cases are left unresolved.
I'm so sorry for your loss Waffeln.
Its so terrible the way this beautiful young woman was discarded in the trash, breaks my heart. I hope police are really putting pressure on those she was with that night. Someone is going to crack.

Justice for Ashley [emoji257]

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

Thanks for checking in. I used to live in Nashville and followed the case because of that. Reading the reports makes it all a bit more real to someone that didn't know her personally. Thinking of you all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I can't imagine what it must have felt like to read that autopsy report as someone who knew this beautiful woman. I got sick reading it and I am an outsider. From what it looks like, and please forgive me for saying, someone was very angry. That is the only thing I can think of to explain that level of injury IMO. I am so sorry for your loss. She sounded like a beautiful soul.

What I am gathering from the autopsy report is that she was strangled, put in the trash bin, picked up by the truck and taken to the waste facility? all the "injuries" aside from strangulation are from the garbage truck mechanisms?

What I am gathering from the autopsy report is that she was strangled, put in the trash bin, picked up by the truck and taken to the waste facility? all the "injuries" aside from strangulation are from the garbage truck mechanisms?

That was my confusion as well. From the autopsy, some listed injuries are post-mortem, for example when they state that there are no soft tissue reactions near the break. But a lot were stated to have soft tissue reactions (i know I'm not 100% accurately saying this, just going from memory) which I understand to mean they happened before death. Inflammatory reactions can't happen in dead tissue. They also list one of the causes of death to be blunt force. And there was a portion that mentioned in medical terms that she aspirated (choked) on her own blood -Hemoaspiration. But completely IMO from being a second year veterinary student! I could be wrong!

ETA: I read this after I posted and realized I sounded more like a scientist than a person and I'm sorry if I sounded cold and apathetic! [emoji17] no one deserves what she went through.

The autopsy report just creates even more questions that we don't have an answer to. No sign of sexual assault and she had all her clothes minus shoes. Only ethanol found so far in toxicology, empty stomach, empty bladder.

She had nothing on her (no purse/wallet/phone/robbery targets) and it's starting to sound like she was a completely random target by a stranger unless we can get some evidence that someone from the party actually was with her.

Article with family speaking about the news:
"Very mixed emotions," her father Trever Brown said. "Seeing the official report that comes through with it being -- her death -- being reclassified as a murder. And just, the damage that was done -- its just difficult. Its one thing to lose a child, but another one to lose them brutally."

27-year-old Ashley Brown went missing in Nashville on December 17. Her body was found at a trash facility a day after she disappeared. Three months later -- her death was officially ruled a homicide. While initially a tough pill to swallow, with the case on the verge of going cold, the family is hopeful this new development will help the police find the person or people who killed her."

http://www.kgun9.com/news/local-news/ashley-browns-death-ruled-a-homicide

With the extent of the injuries I wonder if she was hit by a car and still alive and the person panicked. Or purposefully hit with a car. I've heard of people being knocked out of their shoes, which would explain the lack of shoes in the report.

With the extent of the injuries I wonder if she was hit by a car and still alive and the person panicked. Or purposefully hit with a car. I've heard of people being knocked out of their shoes, which would explain the lack of shoes in the report.

It would explain why this still isn't solved. I would assume with that level of damage there would be some DNA or even fingerprints and hair left behind at scene if she was beaten before being strangled? IMO

I was just thinking the same thing - if the massive injuries weren't caused by the trash truck, it sounded more like the injuries you would expect to see in someone hit by a car. If not for the strangulation, I would also think of a panicked driver that found the closest dumpster.

It seems very unlikely to me that it would have been an accident. And I say this as someone who lost a roommate to a violent hit and run several years ago that is still unsolved. (Seems I've lost a lot of people :( )

Although it's a pretty common trope for an accident to lead to panic and trying to hide the body, a lot of times when a body is literally dumped it's because the person or persons who did the dumping are completely removed from the victim existing as a person at all. JMO

OT: Link to article on Carissa's death here: http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9140335/ There was never a WS article about her afaik

I hope it's OK to mention here since it was posted on the Remembering Ashley Brown Facebook page, her family will be donating to the Reid Park Zoo in her memory for bench to be placed by the giraffes which she loved.

The zoo is in Tucson.

im so sorry :(

It seems very unlikely to me that it would have been an accident. And I say this as someone who lost a roommate to a violent hit and run several years ago that is still unsolved. (Seems I've lost a lot of people :( )

Although it's a pretty common trope for an accident to lead to panic and trying to hide the body, a lot of times when a body is literally dumped it's because the person or persons who did the dumping are completely removed from the victim existing as a person at all. JMO

OT: Link to article on Carissa's death here: http://abc7chicago.com/archive/9140335/ There was never a WS article about her afaik

RIP Ashley 😢 prayers to the family

💘 💘Love always wins 💘 💘

Family Desperate for Answers in Disappearance and Murder of Young Nashville Woman Ashley Brown

"...Ashley's mother, Julie Brown, told Dateline that her daughter went out with the group and then came back to hang out with friends at an apartment. The friend told Julie that around 3:30 the next morning, Ashley went outside -- leaving her purse, keys and wallet behind. It would be one of those moments you would give anything to redo.

She, apparently, never came back to the apartment and didn't call anyone the rest of the weekend...

Four days after Ashley's disappearance -- one day before her 28th birthday -- the dreaded call came, confirming the worst.

Ashley was found dead at a trash disposal site in Nashville -- about 5 miles from where she was last seen alive. Police said they believe her body had been thrown in a dumpster elsewhere and was then transported to the facility, according to Nashville affiliate WSMV...

"We can't get our daughter back, but we just want a dangerous person off the streets," said Trever, Ashley's father..."

http://www.nbcnews.com/dateline/fam...er-young-nashville-woman-ashley-brown-n745181

ashley_brown_1_335c34eb8b2f9738d586325b3a8df6d8.nbcnews-ux-600-700.jpg

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
australianwebsleuth
Back