Found Deceased TN - Ashley Brown, 27, Nashville, 17 Dec 2016

Welcome to Websleuths!
Click to learn how to make a missing person's thread

DNA Solves
DNA Solves
DNA Solves
I'm in complete agreement, what a strong and courageous woman. In her immense pain, she shows compassion for the families of loved ones still missing who don't get this closure. The friends cutting off contact with the mom is vey concerning. Why would they do that? I'm not ascertaining any blame, I just think it could be so therapeutic for all involved. JMO

I agree - it is very weird to say the least. Not necessarily suspicious depending on how you look at it, but concerning. And I also agree with your point of it being therapeutic. Even if they'd never met her before, if I were in their position having just lost a friend, I would find strength in being with her family and likewise want to be there to offer them support and a shoulder to cry on.

blobfish - Thank you for all the informative posts. I hope you stay on and explore other cases here at Websleuths. As someone said above, you are a natural born sleuther (and very articulate in your postings).

blobfish - Thank you for all the informative posts. I hope you stay on and explore other cases here at Websleuths. As someone said above, you are a natural born sleuther (and very articulate in your postings).

Wow, samsmom, thank you so much! That means so much to me! I've always known about WS because my hobby is true crime and I listen to a lot of true crime and law podcasts, so I'd always heard it brought up, almost always in a positive light as a community of "regular every day people" who work together to help gather information about missing people and cold cases and such, but I never thought I'd have anything to contribute, and didn't think the response to what little info I have would be so positive. I've always been interested in this kind of stuff; when I was 9 I told my parents I wanted to be a forensic pathologist (cue "what have we accidentally let you watch/read?" questions from my parents haha). I ended up getting my PhD in Ecology and currently work as a molecular biologist studying aging and immunity, but I've thought from time to time about switching paths and looking to work in something more related to LE or victim advocacy. Currently looking at contacting some people who do a lot of database inquiry and statistical crime reporting (either govt-related or non profit), because I love computer programming and stats analysis. Basically, I became a scientist because my passion is finding patterns in places you might not think are there. I will definitely stay on at WS and continue to engage with the community here, because y'all are all such great people taking time out of your day to contribute to these cases, especially those of you who are active on cold case boards/forums just making sure the cases stay on the public's radar. I've literally never been involved (or lurked) on any other message board/social media site that is as considerate, well-moderated, and just generally full of kind people as WS is. I'm sure they exist here, but I've yet to come across a troll or someone purposefully trying to make others upset, and that is a RARE quality on the internet nowadays. Also, hello from a native-born Illinoisan! :)

Wow, samsmom, thank you so much! That means so much to me! I've always known about WS because my hobby is true crime and I listen to a lot of true crime and law podcasts, so I'd always heard it brought up, almost always in a positive light as a community of "regular every day people" who work together to help gather information about missing people and cold cases and such, but I never thought I'd have anything to contribute, and didn't think the response to what little info I have would be so positive. I've always been interested in this kind of stuff; when I was 9 I told my parents I wanted to be a forensic pathologist (cue "what have we accidentally let you watch/read?" questions from my parents haha). I ended up getting my PhD in Ecology and currently work as a molecular biologist studying aging and immunity, but I've thought from time to time about switching paths and looking to work in something more related to LE or victim advocacy. Currently looking at contacting some people who do a lot of database inquiry and statistical crime reporting (either govt-related or non profit), because I love computer programming and stats analysis. Basically, I became a scientist because my passion is finding patterns in places you might not think are there. I will definitely stay on at WS and continue to engage with the community here, because y'all are all such great people taking time out of your day to contribute to these cases, especially those of you who are active on cold case boards/forums just making sure the cases stay on the public's radar. I've literally never been involved (or lurked) on any other message board/social media site that is as considerate, well-moderated, and just generally full of kind people as WS is. I'm sure they exist here, but I've yet to come across a troll or someone purposefully trying to make others upset, and that is a RARE quality on the internet nowadays. Also, hello from a native-born Illinoisan! :)
This site is well monitored and moderated. It's awesome. Stick around! You have valuable thoughts. The cold case area can always use extra eyes and brains. We appreciate all you've done in this case and just know you've got more to contribute :)

This site is well monitored and moderated. It's awesome. Stick around! You have valuable thoughts. The cold case area can always use extra eyes and brains. We appreciate all you've done in this case and just know you've got more to contribute :)

I couldn't agree more! :)

No news on this case huh? I hope her poor mom gets answers soon!

I couldn't agree more! :)

No news on this case huh? I hope her poor mom gets answers soon!

Unfortunately, no news. I have a Google alert for anything that could be related and check the FB pages for her and the MSM covering the story every day, along with the Nashville subreddit, and nothing new. I also hadn't seen any police/fed/etc. presence at my building, but since I had to work Xmas and NYE, I took a late vacation and left on Monday, so if anything has happened at the apt complex, I wouldn't have seen it (and management hasn't sent out any mass emails regarding anything related). Thanks evlezern for bumping the thread - it's so important. It's poetic, but heartbreaking, to see the flowers at her "memorial" spot on the corner of 25th Ave North and Brandau slowly dying, without being replaced. I had put a light-up little clear plastic angel at the site because candles would go out, but I plan on putting some fresh flowers there too when I get back, since I think even little things like that are symbolic to the community that she's not forgotten and people still care - kind of like bumping a thread IRL. I hope we have news about the more detailed autopsy procedures (like the tox screen) in the next few weeks since it has been almost 2 weeks since the prelim autopsy.

Hey everyone,

Just got this email sent by management of the apartment complex to all residents; thought I'd let y'all in on it:

"Dear Residents,

We received a request from the Nashville Metro Police Detective Filter, assigned to the Ashley Brown case, which will allow his team access into our building on Thursday and Friday between the hours of 5-8 pm. Please be advised that they could potentially knock on our residents doors. We welcome you to answer and respond to any questions that they might have. Additionally, we will continue to provide any updates that are provided to us in regards to their investigation. "

Makes it seem like there is either a break in the case, or they are re-canvassing with different detectives in hopes of possibly uncovering more information/better information that people have remembered. Oddly, the first times the building was canvassed, they did it from 8-5pm, so I'd imagine most people weren't home, so this could just be them trying to reach more people by coming by in the evening. Though, it seems late in the game to be doing that canvassing that should have been done earlier on. I won't be there (back in Nashville on Sunday), so won't be able to speak to the activity, but I will do my best to keep all of you posted.

Thanx Fish for all you continue to do. You're our eyes, ears, and "boots on the ground". We appreciate you acting as our local correspondent with updates.

I will continue checking thread for updates twice a day. Hope news comes soon for this family.

Thanks blobfish for the update. I would guess the repeated canvassing in the apartment complex is done because the previous one did not yield any viable leads, possibly because some residents were not home during the hours 8-5. Now they are hoping to be able to speak to those they had not been able to speak to in the first round. jmo.

Sorry that I never responded to you, blobfish! You've basically already addressed everything I could have said anyway. I appreciate your updates and though I've been too busy with work to respond, I'm so happy to see that people still care. No one I know has updated us with anything new, so at this point I'm just as in the dark as everyone else.

Like you my hobby is true crime, so at the very least we can say that Ashley has led us to finally joining this great community.

That said, I sincerely hope she doesn't end up filed away as a cold case. I did briefly try scraping news sites for anything that may have been related, but since I'm not local it wasn't really practical to continue reaching.

A big THANK YOU to reporter Ashley Haugen of Pursuit Magazine.

http://pursuitmag.com/true-crime-detective-talent-can-found-websleuths/

The mods finally get their due in this article.

Keep working on Ashley Brown's case. The media is interested. Now is the time to kick it in and come up with
something else to help with the case.

Thank you all for everything you do for the victims and their families.

Take Care,
Tricia

Keep working on Ashley Brown's case. The media is interested. Now is the time to kick it in and come up with

Take Care,
Tricia

What a great article! Congratulations Tricia, mods and all the rest of us! :D I'm going to save this in case someone asks me about Websleuths. It's a wonderful write up.

I've lived in Nashville for years, I'm only slightly older than Ashley. I am shocked I did not hear about this case until tonight when I searched "Nashville" looking for something unrelated. I've already shared this with a friend, and hopefully they will solve this case soon.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Take Care,
Tricia
This is Awesome. Proof why this is my favorite spot on the internet!!!! The Moderators are beyond awesome, and I'm so happy to see them get portrayed in such positive light. I [emoji173] Websleuths.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I don't know if this is off limits or not, I apologize in advance if it is, but this is the place where I just saw Ashley was missing:

http://imgur.com/topic/Storytime/TKq0a

There are other photos and a little more detail about what happened.

ETA: I got confused and might have posted the threat title wrong. I don't know if Ashley is from TN, I think she might be from [FONT=&amp]Tucson, Arizona [/FONT]as we can see in the Imgur post, where it says her "family is back home" there.
According to this site, it has been updated. It states she was found deceased by trash collectors. Of Tru this is sad. I'm going to see if I can locate in msm.

Sent from my SM-N920T using Tapatalk

Members online

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dmccastor
Back